Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Closed Thread
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 12-14-2007, 12:01 AM   #1
Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 2 years

2006 EX250
(Totaled 08 XB12R)

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to ninjathatcould
Just another cop thread

So I'm back in Houston for the winter break. Came down from Denton (which is north of Dallas) down I-35W and I-45. I had 1 close call and got pulled over. Here's the juicy details.

Incident 1:
Traffic was backing up, so what's my first instinct? Lanesplit, but of course. So nothing out of the ordinary, I get a few honks but I'm concentrating on staying in the middle and watching for cars moving perpendicular to my direction of travel. Suddenly I see a Denton County Sherriff hiding behind a big truck and I have to stop very very quickly so I don't pass him. I lock up the rear break and slide into a spot between the big truck and the rear bumper of his car. He looks at me in the rearview and looks back forward. Did he not notice a noisy ricerocket almost crash into an 18 wheeler right behind him?? I guess not. Whew! That was a close one.

Incident 2:
I'm doing 90 down I-45, again pretty typical. I hit a little clusterfu%k of traffic and make my way to the front to see a Navaro County Sherriff way out of his jurisdiction doing 85. So, at this point I'm guessing hes just transporting or ... i dont know, but he didn't have a radar mounted on his dash. So I gradually pass him until I'm a good 10 cars ahead and then WFO to 150. I'm bookin down 45 til I hit another clusterfu%k of cars and this crazy comes flying up on me. I took me 10 minutes to realize he was chasing me because his car didn't have a lightbar, just some "wigwag" as he called them headlights. So after some unsafe lane changes I realize he wants me to stop and I pull over. He jumps out of the car and says something to me, but all I see is his lips moving since I have earplugs in. He asks for my license and tells me that I could've killed myself and other people. Then says slow the fu%k down and have a nice day, gets in his car and takes off. Again, I was in awe that I got out of that. He said he had been chasing me for 15 minutes doing 120...

So I guess today is my lucky day. Maybe next time I won't be so lucky.