MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Off Topic (everything else) > Off Topic
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 12-13-2007, 09:11 PM   #1
Stacy
One day at a time!

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
99 Ninja 250
04 Honda f4i

Thumbs up Couple indicted in Baby Grace case

Couple indicted in Baby Grace case

By Sara McDonald
Quote:
The Daily News Published December 13, 2007
GALVESTON — After deliberating for just three minutes Wednesday, a Galveston County grand jury indicted the mother and stepfather of the 2-year-old girl known worldwide as “Baby Grace” on charges of capital murder and tampering with evidence.

The indictment means that Kimberly Dawn Trenor, 19, and Royce Clyde Zeigler II, 24, both of Spring, could face the death penalty in the death of Riley Ann Sawyers.

District Attorney Kurt Sistrunk said he would wait until the investigation concludes before deciding whether to seek the death penalty.

The pair had been charged since Nov. 23 with injury to a child and tampering with evidence. Sistrunk said the new charges were based on “additional corroborating evidence” that the sheriff’s office gathered since the couple’s arrest and the DNA test confirming the child’s identity.

Along with the upgraded charges, the couple will also be held on higher bond amounts. They are each being held in the Galveston County Jail on $850,000 bonds, compared to the $350,000 bonds that had been set.

Sheryl Sawyers, the girl’s paternal grandmother, said she wasn’t surprised that the grand jury chose to enhance the charges.

“She’s pretty much more than injured,” she said. “I knew this was coming. I knew they were going to be indicted. I felt that they should have and that these are the right charges.”

When a murder victim is younger than 6 years old, charges are automatically upgraded to capital murder, the only charge punishable by the death penalty.

The increased charges also mean a plea deal for Trenor is less likely, her attorney said. Capital murder requires proof that the murder was done “knowingly or intentionally,” something attorney Tom Stickler said wasn’t backed up with facts. He said Sawyer’s death was an accident.

“The facts don’t support a capital murder conviction,” Stickler said this week. “It would very likely go to trial if that’s what the charges are.”

Sistrunk said during a three-hour presentation, the grand jury heard testimony from five witnesses, including investigators from the Galveston County Sheriff’s Office, the FBI and the medical examiner.

A fisherman found the remains of Riley Sawyers entombed in a plastic storage bin on an uninhabited island in West Galveston Bay on Oct. 29.

The case drew national attention when investigators pleaded for help identifying the girl they named “Baby Grace.”

Sheryl Sawyers saw a forensic sketch of Baby Grace on the Internet and tipped off investigators that it could be her granddaughter.

She last saw her granddaughter on May 25, when she dropped off the girl at Trenor’s home in Mentor, Ohio. Trenor left Ohio the first week of June to marry Zeigler, whom she met while playing the online game World of Warcraft, Sheryl Sawyers said.

The couple moved into a home in Spring soon after that. On July 24, Zeigler stayed home from work to make sure Trenor implemented a “discipline plan” for Riley that eventually led to the four- to six-hour beating, Stickler said.

In a statement to investigators, Trenor said she and her husband beat her daughter with belts, smothered her and held her head underwater in a bathtub. She said Zeigler threw her daughter onto a tile floor, according to court documents.

The couple kept the girl’s remains in a plastic container in a backyard storage shed for one to two months before tossing it into West Galveston Bay, the documents say.

The arrest affidavits only mention Trenor’s statements to investigators, although Zeigler made a statement also. Zeigler’s attorney, Neil Davis III, said Trenor’s credibility “would become an issue” once the facts come out during trial.
http://news.galvestondailynews.com/s...6698358ae49ed3

Not sure who all is following this truely horrific story, but I for one was glad to see that it only took the gj three minutes from the time they were recessed to inidict these two offscourings of society!!! I'm usually one that is all for the death penalty, but I think that death would be a welcomed gift for these two, instead I hope that they have to live out the rest of their miserable existances locked behind bars (not protected in isolation) and in fear for their lives everyday. I don't believe that there will ever be a way to get justice for that poor baby girl, but atleast we can hope that they will be tortured for as long as they lurk on this earth.
What happened to Baby Grace... Crystalline Off Topic 38 12-13-2007 08:27 PM
Advertisement
Old 12-13-2007, 09:46 PM   #2
D_1STUNNA
HOUSTON PHIFTY DOMINATION

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
05 GIXXER 6

that couple should suffer just like that lil girl did...i got a step daughter myself and i wouldnt dare harm a hair on her head like that did!..(sorry just venting lol)...they both should get the death penalty in my opinion!!
D_1STUNNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 10:51 PM   #3
BrutusTx

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by D_1STUNNA View Post
that couple should suffer just like that lil girl did...i got a step daughter myself and i wouldnt dare harm a hair on her head like that did!..(sorry just venting lol)...they both should get the death penalty in my opinion!!

I'd be happy to pull the plug on both of them.
Old 12-13-2007, 10:57 PM   #4
AliceInChains02

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
nada

i don't think this story qualifies for Political Asylum:dontknow:
AliceInChains02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 11:21 PM   #5
Stacy
One day at a time!

Bike(s):
99 Ninja 250
04 Honda f4i

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceInChains02 View Post
i don't think this story qualifies for Political Asylum:dontknow:
I guess that I misunderstood the following when I was looking for where to post the thread.....
"Political Asylum
Discuss politics, latest news, opinions. Serious discussion/debate only."

I had assumed that since this is "latest news", that this would be the section to post it under. Any chance you know where would have been a better/more appropriate section? Maybe the mods can move it if it is in the wrong section. :/:
Old 12-13-2007, 11:50 PM   #6
whosthis
ahhhhh sexii lmao!!

Experience: 7 years

Bike(s):
KTM
R6

they should die, i think once they get in prison some 1 will kill them... sounds bad but its wishful thinking
whosthis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 12:39 AM   #7
DvlRacer
cerca trova

Feedback Rating: (52)

Member Garage

I don't want to be ignorant but I know this has been going on for a long time and I've somehow managed to keep myself in the dark from all of it. Is anyone willing to offer cliff notes on the whole ordeal?
"And so, this tiny metal deathtrap becomes known as the ultimate form of freedom. Like a steampunk cyborg, man and machine fuse to make a symbol of what you can become when style and speed matter more than safety and efficiency. Is it any wonder that some people just get mad every time they see a motorcycle go by? Because it challenges everything they have, while proving to them that they don’t have enough."
DvlRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 12:44 AM   #8
AliceInChains02

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
nada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marishka29 View Post
I guess that I misunderstood the following when I was looking for where to post the thread.....
"Political Asylum
Discuss politics, latest news, opinions. Serious discussion/debate only."

I had assumed that since this is "latest news", that this would be the section to post it under. Any chance you know where would have been a better/more appropriate section? Maybe the mods can move it if it is in the wrong section. :/:
Sorry, you're right. I guess it does techinically belong here, but it feels out of place to me because it doesn't seem like something you can really debate and I always thought that's what this section was about.
AliceInChains02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 12:47 AM   #9
whosthis
ahhhhh sexii lmao!!

Experience: 7 years

Bike(s):
KTM
R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by DvlRacer View Post
I don't want to be ignorant but I know this has been going on for a long time and I've somehow managed to keep myself in the dark from all of it. Is anyone willing to offer cliff notes on the whole ordeal?
umm mother moved 2 spring 2 marry a guy she met on the net and brung her daughter here with her, and then they found a child in galveston in a box or somethin and it ended up bein the moms daughter,
whosthis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 01:25 AM   #10
Stacy
One day at a time!

Bike(s):
99 Ninja 250
04 Honda f4i

Quote:
Basically what whosthis said.
-"Baby Grace" was the body of a little girl stuffed inside a plastic container found in Galveston the end of Oct.

-Grandmother found forensic sketch of little girl, resembled her grandaughter.

-Mother and step-father of 2 year old thought to be "Baby Grace questioned about their missing 2 year old.

-DNA proves "Baby Grace" is actually Riley Ann Sawyers.

-Mother confessed that she and the step-father beat the child to death over the course of 4 to 6 hours. Beat her with belts, smothered her in the couch pillows, held her head underwater threw her onto tile floor causing her to hit her head.
Old 12-14-2007, 09:19 AM   #11
sbfuller
the crotch-rocketeer!

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2006 Hayabusa (totaled)2007 Hayabusa, 2004 CRF 50

i actually do not wish the death penalty on them... they would be treated much worse if they are with the general population in prison. let the guy get corn hole raped a few times before he gets cut up
sbfuller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 09:21 AM   #12
lilmckee
Not part of the wannbes

Trackdays: 10+

three minutes to deliberate?!

****ing to long

where is mckee?
lilmckee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 09:22 AM   #13
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Feedback Rating: (26)

Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
'14 Honda GROM! 181cc of fury!!
'10 Aprilia Tuono Factory-SOLD
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold

screw indicted, just string em up!
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Make America Great Again!
RACER X is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 09:23 AM   #14
sbfuller
the crotch-rocketeer!

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by RACER X View Post
screw indicted, just string em up by their fingers and toes!
Old 12-14-2007, 09:27 AM   #15
SPYDER BITE
Can-Am has arrived

Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
2009 Can-Am Spyder 990

Quote:
sorry bastards beat thier 2 year old to death and kept in a storage building for 2 months before dumping her body in galveston bay and now they're gonna fry.
Old 12-14-2007, 09:31 AM   #16
Crystalline
Can't ride now...

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 1

Send a message via Yahoo to Crystalline
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbfuller View Post
i actually do not wish the death penalty on them... they would be treated much worse if they are with the general population in prison. let the guy get corn hole raped a few times before he gets cut up
Whot! You are off my list! hahaha! They shouldn't be executed, the should live with it! Prison folks with no morals will fug em up!
Old 12-14-2007, 09:33 AM   #17
sbfuller
the crotch-rocketeer!

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystalline View Post
Whot! You are off my list! hahaha! They shouldn't be executed, the should live with it! Prison folks with no morals will fug em up!

that is why i say put them in prison... don't drop the soap...on second thought... drop it
Old 12-14-2007, 09:35 AM   #18
Crystalline
Can't ride now...

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 1

Send a message via Yahoo to Crystalline
Quote:

that is why i say put them in prison... don't drop the soap...on second thought... drop it
Drop it and lose it! hahahhahaha!
Old 12-14-2007, 03:22 PM   #19
Stacy
One day at a time!

Bike(s):
99 Ninja 250
04 Honda f4i

Quote:
+ 1000000 Unfortunately, more then likely they'll both be isolated so nobody but the guards will have daily contact with them. And forbid the guards touch a hair on their heads. If only we could start making examples of scumsucking child abusers by not protecting them and placing them in general population while in prison there would be a lot less child abuse! Too bad the "human rights" organizations feel they deserve to be protected while in custody.
Old 12-14-2007, 03:26 PM   #20
Mrs. ~T~
formerly known as C 1/2

Feedback Rating: (8)

Bike(s):
2006 GSXR 600

Send a message via AIM to Mrs. ~T~
sorry i did not read all of the above BUT

i dont see why this is taking so long to decide that it is murder and not injury of a child!

the kid is dead that is fuking MURDER!
Mrs. ~T~ is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement