Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.


FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Closed Thread
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 12-13-2007, 04:49 PM   #1
PoPoRiderRR
NO MO BIKE guy!
 
PoPoRiderRR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Houston Texas
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 2,309

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
2007 CBR 1000 RR *** SOLD ***









Exclamation A discussion on sport bike rider profiling cops

Alot of people on this board blame cops for pulling bikes over that haul or pop wheelies. But I don't see anybody blaming riders for profiling cops. I mean if you are doing the way over the speedlimit and popping wheelies then cops would not have much reason to pull you over...if riders hassle cops isn't that a rider problem?... After all we know that most riders dont keep it legal on the road... So why sound so dang suprised???

If you notice I used much of the same schpeal that Gixxerbill did but only reversed it... It trully is a CYCLE... cops blame riders and riders blame cops... It is what it is... Most riders dont like getting handed a citation and they believe that to be a hassle... Im not saying that there are not cops out there that do hassle people but there are truly riders that do the same.... WE GET IT!!!
__________________
We do not take these risks to escape life, but to keep life from escaping Us.
PoPoRiderRR is offline  
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
sport bikes for cops greaselightnin General Discussion (Moto Related) 74 04-25-2010 03:05 AM
My Bike in Sport Rider Magazine rideForrestride General Discussion (Moto Related) 15 03-30-2009 06:01 PM
Then, you MIGHT be a sport bike rider..... gueroaero General Discussion (Moto Related) 20 02-06-2009 03:00 PM
My first new/used sport bike - another girl rider tarotammy General Discussion (Moto Related) 43 07-07-2008 07:02 AM
Advertisement
Old 12-13-2007, 04:53 PM   #2
t.dubya
Senor Member
 
t.dubya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: the 4th
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 1,647


Bike(s):
k7 gsxr 600 (now dead)









brought it up allready

http://www.motohouston.com/forums/sh...930#post897930
t.dubya is offline  
Old 12-13-2007, 04:54 PM   #3
gixxerbill
Senior Member
 
gixxerbill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: North Corpus Christi
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 6,597

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
K5 GSXR 1000
2008 Goldwing 1832 cc
Bourget Low Blow Chopper







Quote:
Originally Posted by PoPoRiderRR View Post
Alot of people on this board blame cops for pulling bikes over that haul or pop wheelies. But I don't see anybody blaming riders for profiling cops. I mean if you are doing the way over the speedlimit and popping wheelies then cops would not have much reason to pull you over...if riders hassle cops isn't that a rider problem?... After all we know that most riders dont keep it legal on the road... So why sound so dang suprised???

If you notice I used much of the same schpeal that Gixxerbill did but only reversed it... It trully is a CYCLE... cops blame riders and riders blame cops... It is what it is... Most riders dont like getting handed a citation and they believe that to be a hassle... Im not saying that there are not cops out there that do hassle people but there are truly riders that do the same.... WE GET IT!!!

You know I luv yea popo(you're a cool cop) and I see your point but riders can't throw somebody in a cage for the night. That is kindof a big difference.
__________________
Sifu tz is the ultimate poser. He post on motohouston without owning a bike and he posts the corvette forum without owning a vette.... = LOSER!
gixxerbill is online now  
Old 12-13-2007, 04:55 PM   #4
hotnanas
i rock knobbies
 
hotnanas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Feedback Rating: (4)
Posts: 8,881

Experience: 10+ years











Quote:
Originally Posted by t.dubya View Post
no this is opposite.
hotnanas is offline  
Old 12-13-2007, 04:55 PM   #5
CLETUS
Jungle Racing
 
CLETUS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Cypress, TX
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,275












Riders blame cops, cops blame riders...

I blame women. Guys ride bikes to get the girls and we all know that the dude pulling the triple digit wheelie on the freeway is the coolest guy in the world. If guys didn't have to resort to such extreem measures for attension, we wouldn't be having this debate.

Women, Sheez!!!!









J/K
__________________
Only a biker knows why a dog sticks his head out of a car window!
CLETUS is offline  
Old 12-13-2007, 04:55 PM   #6
RRCBR
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 809












You wont change our mind like we wont change yours. We see it from one point of view you see it from another. No one is right. Just different prespectives......
RRCBR is offline  
Old 12-13-2007, 04:57 PM   #7
NoFear
Busa Chairman of Posing
 
NoFear's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Texas USA
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 7,375












Quote:
Originally Posted by RRCBR View Post
You wont change our mind like we wont change yours. We see it from one point of view you see it from another. No one is right. Just different prespectives......
yeah that and Women
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by melissa claire View Post
Busa club. why did you not mention that? that makes things all nice and peachy
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength-
NoFear is offline  
Old 12-13-2007, 04:59 PM   #8
BigComfy
Senior Member
 
BigComfy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: under a rock
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 24,335

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
SV1k (sold)
CRB6 Track Bike (sold)
Daytona 1200 (parted)
1st Gen FZ1 (sold)
1st Gen SV650 (sold)

Member Garage


Quote:
Originally Posted by hotnanas View Post
no this is opposite.
Pay Attention!!!!

http://www.motohouston.com/forums/sh...30&postcount=9
__________________
"I haven't seen the crash, but I think Marc needs to be penalized for two or three seasons! Until I stop racing!"-VR46
BigComfy is offline  
Old 12-13-2007, 05:04 PM   #9
Sifu-TZ
#1 Satans' Buttnuggets
 
Sifu-TZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 14,593

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
Husky 450SMR motard









I've been on both sides. You won't see eye to eye unless you have done that job, which I don't suggest. It's dangerous, the average civilian is an idiot, and the pay sucks. oh, and other cops aren't the smartest people to work with. and your SO will never understand what you go through. if both sides were to agree not to be , there is a chance for a truess (sp?) but it ain't gonna happen. the best anyone can hope for is just to try and stay under the radar (no pun) and avoid contact. have a good lawyer and move on.
__________________
fastline logo

Fastline motorcycle school grid marshal.
SBN. We're coming for your wife and daughters.
Sifu-TZ is offline  
Old 12-13-2007, 05:14 PM   #10
CaJuNsOuLjA
Resident Glasnost
 
CaJuNsOuLjA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: NW: 249 & Beltway
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 11,106

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
*SOLD*...(Pending purchase): 2006 CRF 450






Quote:
Originally Posted by sixmassive View Post
yea i understand that. . . . ha anyone ever noticed how patrol cars dont seem to bother with you if you are a lone biker on an empty highway doing like 15 over? . . . .watch i just jinxed myself.

is that common or am i just lucky for the past 2 years
Lol, +1...I've found that to be true too.

On another note: I used to and still do to a degree, have a severe animosity toward cops. I suppose it's due to my disposition toward authority figures. I've found though that most officer's, when you actually get to know them (even while on duty) aren't the general we take them to be. Sadly the select few that are (the on 1960) create a stigma for others. This same concept can be applied to bikers, not all of us are the dumbasses going triple digits on highways or wheelies in residential neighborhoods and such but the one's that do project teh same negative stigma on the rest of us. It just takes sensible individuals to recognize as much and will themselves to make judgement's based on interaction with each other individually and not make broad, sweeping assertions about one another based on a few bad apples...
__________________
indifferent0028"They've created a nation of spenders, speculators, and consumers, and they've destroyed the savers, producers, and the investing class that built this country. We're moving from a market-based economy to essentially a planned economy. We're abandoning capitalism and embracing socialism. That's a recipe for disaster." - Peter Schiff
CaJuNsOuLjA is offline  
Old 12-13-2007, 05:16 PM   #11
sbfuller
the crotch-rocketeer!
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Dickinson
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 15,920

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2006 Hayabusa (totaled)2007 Hayabusa, 2004 CRF 50









it is the women, end of debate
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by less_than_coop View Post
Its the stupidity. It gets added to our forum in normal and controlled doses which actually serves to the benefit of the website.
sbfuller is offline  
Old 12-13-2007, 05:20 PM   #12
texlurch
Official MH tag inspector
 
texlurch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Smack dab in the middle of Colo
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 10,236

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
04 ZX-10R
02 ZX-12R BOTM 12/11
00 ZX-12R
07 GSXR 600
00 TL1000R BOTM 07/12 (sold)

Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by CaJuNsOuLjA View Post
Lol, +1...I've found that to be true too.

On another note: I used to and still do to a degree, have a severe animosity toward cops. I suppose it's due to my disposition toward authority figures. I've found though that most officer's, when you actually get to know them (even while on duty) aren't the general we take them to be. Sadly the select few that are (the on 1960) create a stigma for others. This same concept can be applied to bikers, not all of us are the dumbasses going triple digits on highways or wheelies in residential neighborhoods and such but the one's that do project teh same negative stigma on the rest of us. It just takes sensible individuals to recognize as much and will themselves to make judgement's based on interaction with each other individually and not make broad, sweeping assertions about one another based on a few bad apples...
Straight up, +1
__________________
sig pic
A wise man once told me: "No matter how fine she is, just remember. Somewhere, someone is tired of her !"
.
.... Home of the "Black Ninja's"
texlurch is offline  
Old 12-13-2007, 05:47 PM   #13
gixxerbill
Senior Member
 
gixxerbill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: North Corpus Christi
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 6,597

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
K5 GSXR 1000
2008 Goldwing 1832 cc
Bourget Low Blow Chopper







Oh how I hate censorship I wish cris would rethink this policy. I mean don't ya recon on the cop board they bash bikers regularly. It is like two bulldogs they are always going to fight it's their nature to do so.
__________________
Sifu tz is the ultimate poser. He post on motohouston without owning a bike and he posts the corvette forum without owning a vette.... = LOSER!
gixxerbill is online now  
Old 12-13-2007, 05:49 PM   #14
maskale
Senior Member
 
maskale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Lake Jackson, TX
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 2,319

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 6

Bike(s):
2005 CBR600RR Trackbike
2007 Warrior Midnight








you guys started it, I liked cops till I got a ticket.
maskale is offline  
Old 12-13-2007, 05:50 PM   #15
CarbonJames
LSTD/TTBC Instructor
 
CarbonJames's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: ELLIS TD
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 13,770

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
13 250sx
13 350sxf
12 150sx
07 CRF 230
04 CRF 50/70

Member Garage





NO COP BASHING!
CarbonJames is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Advertisement


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:13 AM.


MotoHouston.com is not responsible for the content posted by users.
Privacy Policy