MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 08-29-2005, 05:06 PM   #41
Jester

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
400EX, 90 Mini, R1

Re: DUMB QUESTIONS NEEDED ANSWERED PLEASE. DONT MAKE FUN OF ME, IM A NOOB

If you don't do your own service you will not apprechate your motocycle, or learn how it works! What happends when you need tires, spark plugs, swing arm berrings, sprocket, chain, brake pads, axel berrings, TPS, forks are leeking!, fork seals, head berrings, just to name a few! This will cost you thousands to have someone else do all the work. Yes I did service my first bike its called a (Service Manual)! :laughing6:

JZ
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
To those that answered all my dumb questions about my bike and the track Grimace Taking it to the Track 9 01-28-2010 09:05 AM
MOTORCYCLISTS INSURANCE QUESTIONS ANSWERED. PETE General Discussion (Moto Related) 46 02-10-2006 09:23 AM
Our Questions are answered! dotcom Off Topic 18 11-14-2005 06:50 PM
Advertisement
Old 08-29-2005, 05:10 PM   #42
AdamC

Quote:
Originally Posted by dangdatspete
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester
Dude, if you can't change your own oil do yourself a favor and sell me that motorcycle, it will be well taken care of!

JZ
brother, everyone is new to something and in this case im new to riding. thats why i am asking the forums help because thiers some guys on here that are nice enough to help someone out thats new unlike yourself, if you have dumb comments keep them to yourself please. im sure you were once new and how would u like it if someone laughed at ur back then and told u to sell your bike because you were asking questions to learn about new things on your bike? besides i have no time to change my own oil even if i knew how
Calm down man, He is just giving you a hard time, (hence the smiley)
Jester is a cool that is always down to lend a helping hand. He is just ribbin ya.

If you need any help with simple things on the bike, You can call me at 281 830 6011 and if I can help ya I will right:
AdamC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2005, 05:20 PM   #43
dangdatspete

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester
If you don't do your own service you will not apprechate your motocycle, or learn how it works! What happends when you need tires, spark plugs, swing arm berrings, sprocket, chain, brake pads, axel berrings, TPS, forks are leeking!, fork seals, head berrings, just to name a few! This will cost you thousands to have someone else do all the work. Yes I did service my first bike its called a (Service Manual)! :laughing6:

JZ
i appreciate the advice bro, and sorry for the previous statement, thought u were trying to give me a hard time =P. but yeah I would love to learn how to do all of these things to my bike and save labor charges, but as of now on my time schedules, i probably have no choice to take it to a show and pay for them to do it, i was just trying to get a price quote from the forums real quick to see how much i need to fork out :eh:
Old 08-29-2005, 05:21 PM   #44
dangdatspete

Member Garage

Calm down man, He is just giving you a hard time, (hence the smiley)
Jester is a cool that is always down to lend a helping hand. He is just ribbin ya.

If you need any help with simple things on the bike, You can call me at 281 830 6011 and if I can help ya I will* right:
I appreciate the offer and advice :biggthumpup:
Old 08-29-2005, 05:27 PM   #45
Jester

Bike(s):
400EX, 90 Mini, R1

Just messing with you, :biggthumpup: You will get alot of that on this forum!

JZ
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2005, 05:39 PM   #46
dangdatspete

Member Garage

ok i got most questions answered, but where is a place i can get my inspection sticker? i think imma tell my friend to go do it for me, and it is 13 bucks right? =X
Old 08-29-2005, 05:51 PM   #47
69z28lt1

Feedback Rating: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RACER X
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hainess
Class M yes* with "J" restriction is 15 bucks at dps..the test is a piece of cake total joke.*
yup, sad how easy the test is...........but how about arrangements for the test.........

i've been told

you have to go to DPS in the morn. schedule a test. come back later on that day w/ a licensed rider a licensed and registered insured bike, riding the bike, a car or a bike on a trailer. and somebody else has to drive the car.
not in humble off will clayton.

took me 4 times to get 100% completed.
day one, took test passed, asked about the ridding test, nope said I was to late they only had 15min left.

ok

day two got there 30min before 5 "closing" Nope only do ridding test in the morning. WTF THANKS FOR TELLING ME

day 3 got there at 7:10am, get threw the line, yeah I get a 11:30 app. no way I could of wasted that much time and get off work. so...made an app, with the officer, said i would be 1st in line at 7:30am if i was on time.

day 4, taken care of. the test consisted of 2 left turns, two right turns, 2 stops. thats it..
Old 08-29-2005, 05:56 PM   #48
Los
Gang Member

Feedback Rating: (7)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
'04 Yamaha R6 Edition
'14 Yamaha R6

Send a message via AIM to Los

Quote:
Originally Posted by dangdatspete
ok i got most questions answered, but where is a place i can get my inspection sticker? i think imma tell my friend to go do it for me, and it is 13 bucks right? =X
For the inspection just call some gas stations that do inspections and get a quote. It should be $13. And as far as oil changes and a tune up, call a shop. Why do you keep asking us for quotes? We are not shops. You are wasting more of your so called precious time when you could have made a 2 minute phone call and had ALL of your questions answered. PM Patrick. He runs Motorcycles Unlimited and could help you out. right:
Old 08-29-2005, 05:58 PM   #49
speedismo
OCD for speed

Quote:
the oil light flashes oneverybodies bike i thought upon start up?* :dontknow:
its ok if it flashes for a few secs and then goes off. no problems then, means it s all right.rather problem is when it does not do that!!!

but if it keeps flashing, then it means ur oil level is low, and in that case , u shld go fill oil ASAP!!!

Travelomy:Simplify your travel.
speedismo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2005, 06:02 PM   #50
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Feedback Rating: (26)

Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
'14 Honda GROM! 181cc of fury!!
'10 Aprilia Tuono Factory-SOLD
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69z28lt1

day one, took test passed, asked about the ridding test, nope said I was to late they only had 15min left.

ok

day two got there 30min before 5 "closing" Nope only do ridding test in the morning. WTF THANKS FOR TELLING ME

day 3 got there at 7:10am, get threw the line, yeah I get a 11:30 app. no way I could of wasted that much time and get off work. so...made an app, with the officer, said i would be 1st in line at 7:30am if i was on time.

day 4, taken care of. the test consisted of 2 left turns, two right turns, 2 stops. thats it..
all that time to try and get your license, but not enough time to take a weekend off and take the MSF where you mighta actually learned something......or even weekday MSF classes

priorities......priorities........
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Make America Great Again!
RACER X is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2005, 06:12 PM   #51
Los
Gang Member

Feedback Rating: (7)

Bike(s):
'04 Yamaha R6 Edition
'14 Yamaha R6

Send a message via AIM to Los

MSF was hella fun.
I went in there not knowing about bikes and came out very confident. :biggthumpup:
Old 08-29-2005, 06:46 PM   #52
Robopath
Post Crusader

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
20th Ann. GSX-R 600

Send a message via AIM to Robopath

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigdawgR6
MSF was hella fun.
I went in there not knowing about bikes and came out very confident.* *:biggthumpup:
Haha thats all I need. . . Confidence

j/k setting up MSF for the weekend after next hopefully.
If I die in the mean time from not having info. I could have gotten from MSF yall should come to my store and kick my bosses for not giving me time off. . . you know. . . . to save my life
Old 08-29-2005, 08:02 PM   #53
KiNG $h!T
Fugkwhacha heard!!!!

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
MIA!!!

Send a message via AIM to KiNG $h!T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robopath
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigdawgR6
MSF was hella fun.
I went in there not knowing about bikes and came out very confident.* *:biggthumpup:
Haha thats all I need. . . Confidence*

j/k setting up MSF for the weekend after next hopefully.
If I die in the mean time from not having info. I could have gotten from MSF yall should come to my store and kick my bosses for not giving me time off. . . you know. . . . to save my life*

hahah will do :biggthumpup:
KiNG $h!T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2005, 08:57 PM   #54
Hainess
Biggest Poser

I googled motorcycle saftey and learned a lot. I also watched a lot of CHIPS back in the day with eric lastrada and learned a few things there too
Hainess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2005, 08:58 PM   #55
KiNG $h!T
Fugkwhacha heard!!!!

Bike(s):
MIA!!!

Quote:
I googled motorcycle saftey and learned a lot.* I also watched a lot of CHIPS back in the day with eric lastrada and learned a few things there too

:laughing6: :laughing6: :laughing6:
Old 08-29-2005, 09:06 PM   #56
st3ph3n

st3ph3n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2005, 10:35 PM   #57
69z28lt1

Quote:
Quote:

ok

all that time to try and get your license, but not enough time to take a weekend off and take the MSF where you mighta actually learned something......or even weekday MSF classes

priorities are my job, i have to make money to spend money...

Your more than welcome to pay for my course. Not trying to sound like an at all, i am defently going to get with you and take the course. but not sure when.

so you see at the time 1hr at most and 15 bucks later i had planned on being legal.

even tho i lost about 7 hr's and 15 bucks.
Old 08-29-2005, 10:37 PM   #58
KiNG $h!T
Fugkwhacha heard!!!!

Bike(s):
MIA!!!

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

ok

Your more than welcome to pay for my course. Not trying to sound like an at all, i am defently going to get with you and take the course. but not sure when.

so you see at the time 1hr at most and 15 bucks later i had planned on being legal.

give it up you wont win against racer x just take the msf and make him happy and better your skills lol
Old 08-29-2005, 10:43 PM   #59
69z28lt1

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiNG $h!T
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

ok

give it up you wont win against racer x just take the msf and make him* happy and better your skills lol
lol
ight ight.
Old 08-30-2005, 09:55 AM   #60
nels

Bike(s):
01 Silver/Black F4i-SOLD =(

nels is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement