MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 12-11-2007, 01:36 PM   #21
Gixxer Geezer
All day long I'm shufflin

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
06 honda vtx 1300
06 Busa limited. sold
2 Gixxer 600. sold
85 Honda Hurricane. sold
56 Triumph, 64 BSA, Thunderbolt, 66 BSA Lightning Bolt, 64 Honda Scrambler. all sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by CerealKiller View Post
i hope not, i have to go to the la marque court.
well if you have to go to jail.. i will send ya a box of mini wheats...

What part of "I Don't Care", Don't you Understand?
Gixxer Geezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
, truck pulled out in front of me. Crashed again! The BeastMaster General Discussion (Moto Related) 27 01-24-2013 11:00 PM
Wonder if he gets pulled over? Vegas Kid Off Topic 9 08-09-2011 12:07 PM
I just got pulled over. . . lilblueninja General Discussion (Moto Related) 24 03-21-2011 10:49 PM
Got pulled over... JSki General Discussion (Moto Related) 31 01-23-2008 11:26 AM
Got Pulled over... mightymouse General Discussion (Moto Related) 19 10-19-2005 01:33 PM
Advertisement
Old 12-11-2007, 01:39 PM   #22
ScooterTrash
ConroePowderCoating.com

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
lots of em

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gixxer Geezer View Post
bummer man.. that sucks big time... cagers ....

yeah, whut he sed

[QUOTE=Mr.D;2764337]
I respect scootertrash because well... He's like the Jesus of building and fixing .
[/QUOTE]
ScooterTrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 01:46 PM   #23
Gumby
Enjoying The Greenery!

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
Green 2006 Kawasaki ZX6R

Send a message via AIM to Gumby
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gixxer Geezer View Post
well if you have to go to jail.. i will send ya a box of mini wheats...
well atleast i wont be hungry!
Old 12-11-2007, 01:49 PM   #24
DvlRacer
cerca trova

Feedback Rating: (52)

Member Garage

Statey got me 92 in a 65, deferred was $170 I think.
"And so, this tiny metal deathtrap becomes known as the ultimate form of freedom. Like a steampunk cyborg, man and machine fuse to make a symbol of what you can become when style and speed matter more than safety and efficiency. Is it any wonder that some people just get mad every time they see a motorcycle go by? Because it challenges everything they have, while proving to them that they donít have enough."
DvlRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 04:03 PM   #25
Gumby
Enjoying The Greenery!

Bike(s):
Green 2006 Kawasaki ZX6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by DvlRacer View Post
Statey got me 92 in a 65, deferred was $170 I think.
NICE! Well that's prob. what i am going to do.
Old 12-11-2007, 04:06 PM   #26
Princess
MH's ex fake mod

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 4

Bike(s):
06 ZX-6R
09 Santa Cruz SL
Serotta Legend Ti

Send a message via AIM to Princess
I got a ticket for 85 in a 50 last year in houston. To have it deferred was around $220 altogether I believe. If you're under 25(I think you are) then you'll also have to take DD as part of it.
Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 04:07 PM   #27
sbfuller
the crotch-rocketeer!

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
2006 Hayabusa (totaled)2007 Hayabusa, 2004 CRF 50

i got 80 in a 55 in oklahoma, was $80... but everyone is broke up there so anymore than that they wouldn't get their money!!
sbfuller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 04:25 PM   #28
Gumby
Enjoying The Greenery!

Bike(s):
Green 2006 Kawasaki ZX6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo_LS_Hatch View Post
I got a ticket for 85 in a 50 last year in houston. To have it deferred was around $220 altogether I believe. If you're under 25(I think you are) then you'll also have to take DD as part of it.
yeah I am under 25 but I already took defensive driving for clear lake shores when I wrecked my car in may I took it in October. But since the date on the ticket is jan. 18th then I might be able to take it. I thought it was only once a year you could take it.
Old 12-11-2007, 04:36 PM   #29
Htownz

Member Garage

Sux Dude. Def. Judification man. Court costs and such should be close to 80maybe? If you need more time to get some cash reset it a few times..
Old 12-11-2007, 04:49 PM   #30
Moc05
Safety Third

Feedback Rating: (10)

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2007 ZZR600(Sold)
2008 ZX-10R(Stolen)
2014 Honda Grom

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to Moc05 Send a message via Yahoo to Moc05
I got a ticket on my bike a while back, they said that since i was under 25 I had to take the MSF class and pay court fees and they would take it off my record. Can I just take Defensive Driving or does it have to be a motorcycle class?
Moc05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 05:14 PM   #31
Squeaky

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 6

Bike(s):
DL1000K3
XR400R

Member Garage

Send a message via ICQ to Squeaky Send a message via Yahoo to Squeaky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moctezuma05 View Post
I got a ticket on my bike a while back, they said that since i was under 25 I had to take the MSF class and pay court fees and they would take it off my record. Can I just take Defensive Driving or does it have to be a motorcycle class?

If you have to take a class, why wouldn't you want to be on two wheels for it?

I took the ERC (Experienced Rider Course) when I got my first ticket and it was easy shmeezy. If you've never taken the MSF, then it stands to reason you might pick up a tip or two in the process.
"Forget not that the Earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair." -Kahlil Gibran
Squeaky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 05:19 PM   #32
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Feedback Rating: (26)

Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
'14 Honda GROM! 181cc of fury!!
'10 Aprilia Tuono Factory-SOLD
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moctezuma05 View Post
do you have an M endorsement?
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Make America Great Again!
RACER X is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 05:28 PM   #33
DvlRacer
cerca trova

Feedback Rating: (52)

Member Garage

Quote:
yeah I am under 25 but I already took defensive driving for clear lake shores when I wrecked my car in may I took it in October. But since the date on the ticket is jan. 18th then I might be able to take it. I thought it was only once a year you could take it.
If you do deferred you can take it more than once a year, you're good to go
"And so, this tiny metal deathtrap becomes known as the ultimate form of freedom. Like a steampunk cyborg, man and machine fuse to make a symbol of what you can become when style and speed matter more than safety and efficiency. Is it any wonder that some people just get mad every time they see a motorcycle go by? Because it challenges everything they have, while proving to them that they donít have enough."
DvlRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 05:46 PM   #34
Gato

Bike(s):
K5 GSX-R 600

sounds like you should be doing some reasearch for a lawyer that could represent you out there......it's the only suggestion i can make....i got pulled over (Houston City Limits) for doing 95 on the freeway about five months ago but i decide to get a lawyer and this is what happend:
* the lawyer charged me $80 something
* i got my court date rescheduled for December
* i went to court and got the ticket dismissed

hope that things turn out the same for you dude......good luck
Gato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 06:19 PM   #35
bluewave18
Safety Third

Bike(s):
08 Busa
03 XR 50

kenneth bradshaw in dp is usually real close or cheaper than ticket and not on record. web is something like www.dplaw. i would call.friend used him for 12 in one year.
bluewave18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 06:20 PM   #36
ZXALAN
UR NXT

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
2000 Turbo-Hayabusa
2013 BMW S1000RR

Cerealkiller, you HAVE to get a lawyer, do not pay the fine....your insurance will **** you. I will give you my lawyer info tonight at Hooters.....if you don't show up, PM me.... it will cost you about $200-250 to "get rid of it"..

You don't want that on your record...

I know the area well where you got popped...It was either a Sheriff or a Trooper....they are down there all over the place...they LOVE to nail sport bikes....especially the troopers. The Sargent of the Troopers in Tx city has a hard on for sportbikes and instructs the Troopers to nail them at all costs...

319hp@14lbs(pump gas), 435hp@29lbs(race gas)
Texas Mile Mar 09, 225.906mph, 8.82@168.43 w/1.63 60'-14.5lbs
ZXALAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 06:26 PM   #37
DOV

Bike(s):
soon again

Hey cerealkiller, I'm on deferred right now there in texas city. I was clocked doing 83 on 65 at about the same area you did. All you have to do is go to the municipal court to clerks office. Tell them that you would like to request deferred adjudication. Take your insurance, paper work takes 2 min to fill out and give to clerk. Two weeks later you will get a letter from the judge either granting or denying (they usually grant if you dont have warrants or other tickets pending in the same county). Cost me $205 bucks and 180 days probation....Hope this helps

Last edited by DOV; 12-11-2007 at 06:28 PM.
DOV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 06:48 PM   #38
pester
Black olives matter

Feedback Rating: (12)

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2007 yamaha fz6
1998 yamaha wr 400 motard

Member Garage

Quote:
going towards Texas city on 45 from league city, I was on the 636 just cruising at about 70-75. Then a white truck gets behind me and starts riding my a$$. So I got over into the right lane. So did he. So I slow down to like 60-55 so maybe he would go around, but no, I think he liked me or something, he wouldn't move. Just tail gating like crazy. Then I drop 2 gears and give it some throttle and I am doing about 95 and he starts speeding up and still is tailgating me. I finally just cut through 2 cars and got to the left and what would ya know, I see Red and blue. So I pull over and he gets me for going 88 in a 65 and an expired license. The license isn't a big deal cause I can get it renewed, I told him about the guy who was tailgating me and he just shrugged his shoulders and said I shouldn't have been speeding, here's your ticket, have a nice day. Any ideas on how much the speeding ticket will cost?

By the way, sorry if the words above are messed up, I am using my iPhone.

dont wanna open a can of worms but. this is my .02

if that truck was tailgating you i know is normal in texas but, after you changed lanes still going after you and keeps it on

it really sounds like a frigging trap, sorry but is how i look at it

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1sickGixxer View Post
nevermind ima bumbass and ill get my wife 2 do it 2nite.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyt915 View Post
I know enough Spanish to stick you with a knife cabron
pester is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 07:09 PM   #39
Princess
MH's ex fake mod

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 4

Bike(s):
06 ZX-6R
09 Santa Cruz SL
Serotta Legend Ti

Send a message via AIM to Princess
Quote:

Doesn't matter. I was in the same situation. I had taken DD to dismiss a ticket within a year. Taking it to get a ticket deferred doesn't count as being in that 1 year window.
Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 07:31 PM   #40
Hackass

You should be getting letters from ambulance chaser's in a couple of days. They charge 75 bucks or so. It's money well spent. DPS troopers usually show up.
You have to show for the arrainment because of the expired licence. You need to get that corrected as soon as possible. They may let you off if you do it within ten days. It depends on how long it was expired. While your there you can plead not guilty on the speeding. Then on the next court date. Either hire the atturney prior, or wait till the last minute to do role call & haul if you see the cop first. You would have to post bond on the tickets though. & you won't see that money again till six months after the final outcome. If it were me, I would hire an atturney being that it's DPS.

Too bad it wasn't in Louisanna. I got two there last week. On the back of the tickit it said something to the effect of. If we receive your plea of guilty & payment prior to court we may or may not press charges. I forgot how the exact wording went. But considering this small town would have to split the proceeds with the state if they report it. I'm betting this is the last I hear of those Gypsy's.
Hackass is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement