MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Off Topic (everything else) > Off Topic
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 12-10-2007, 10:10 PM   #21
AliceInChains02

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
nada

yeah, there are a lot of factors that affect the earth's temperature, so i guess that means that the millions of tons of CO2, etc we release into the atmosphere just magically dissapears.
AliceInChains02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Nobel Peace Prize Nominee: Obama Asks Military Leaders If They Will “Fire On US Citiz Petro Off Topic 47 01-23-2013 11:55 PM
Obama wins the Nobel Peace Prize FKNA The Circus 61 10-27-2009 12:18 PM
Al Gore won Nobel Peace prize. Kinny The Circus 20 10-14-2007 07:50 PM
Advertisement
Old 12-11-2007, 01:30 AM   #22
Azylum
The Chosen One

Feedback Rating: (23)

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceInChains02 View Post
yeah, there are a lot of factors that affect the earth's temperature, so i guess that means that the millions of tons of CO2, etc we release into the atmosphere just magically dissapears.
nobody says they disappear, only that it isnt a contributing factor to global warming. only tards belive that load of . why is it that record temps that were made PRE-industrial age have yet to be broken? i guess it was those grass-guzzling cows, eh? there have been many warm cycles in earth's life time, as there have been many ice ages. its a fact, and has been proven time and time again. yet NOTHING proves that man has contributed to "global warming". its the same bullshit scare as in the 80's with CO2s and the "O-ZONE" layer. quit being a sheep and read between the lines dude.
Azylum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 03:49 AM   #23
ArturoC
51% Geek, 49% SuperHero

Bike(s):
'99 GSXR600
'04 NSR 50
'09 Yamaha WR250X
'07 Triumph 675

Member Garage

Send a message via ICQ to ArturoC Send a message via AIM to ArturoC Send a message via Yahoo to ArturoC Send a message via Skype™ to ArturoC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azylum View Post
quit being a sheep and read between the lines dude.

Wait, how did this become a thread on religion?
CMRA [Prov Nov]ice #404
Sponsors: D&D - GoPro - Amsoil
ArturoC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 06:41 AM   #24
AliceInChains02

Bike(s):
nada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azylum View Post
nobody says they disappear, only that it isnt a contributing factor to global warming. only tards belive that load of . why is it that record temps that were made PRE-industrial age have yet to be broken? i guess it was those grass-guzzling cows, eh? there have been many warm cycles in earth's life time, as there have been many ice ages. its a fact, and has been proven time and time again. yet NOTHING proves that man has contributed to "global warming". its the same bullshit scare as in the 80's with CO2s and the "O-ZONE" layer. quit being a sheep and read between the lines dude.
i don't think i'm being a sheep. i just give the scientific community the benefit of the doubt over chain mails and lobbyist group science. do you really think that you know better than all of these scientists who have been studying this stuff their whole lives?

i also don't think people want to think our way of life is hurting the world-so that also makes me skeptical of this majority-opposing view point.

to be honest, i would like to believe that we're not causing global warming too.
Old 12-11-2007, 08:25 AM   #25
Sifu-TZ
#1 Satans' Buttnuggets

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
Husky 450SMR motard

25 years ago Time Magazine said we were headed for a global freeze. like this happens from time to time, it's natural. This is just his way of going "OH YOU GOTTA DO WHAT I WANT FAST!". Attention , is the correct term. It seems like things are bad because he trys to focus on TODAY. You can't examine this that close, these things are measured over long periods of time.

And I love the scientific community, just not agenda-pushing loons on either side of the coin.

Fastline motorcycle school grid marshal.
SBN. We're coming for your wife and daughters.
Sifu-TZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 09:49 AM   #26
CLETUS
Jungle Racing

I think it is based on solar cycles. It seems the sun is releasing more thermal energy in the last 6 to 10 eleven year cycles than before. This will cause an unbalance in the water cycle and produce more evaporation and more cloud density trapping more heat under the thermal layers.
The CO2 is consumed by plantlife and we have not hit a point of deforestation enough for that to matter...

IMHO
Old 12-11-2007, 10:50 AM   #27
logan5

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
2001 SV 650 (my track ), 2005 SV 650s

http://epw.senate.gov/public/index.c...3-68f67ebd151c
Old 12-11-2007, 11:00 AM   #28
Crystalline
Can't ride now...

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 1

Send a message via Yahoo to Crystalline
Well the whole "scientist studying this their whole lifes" doesn't mean that we are causing global warming. I have spoken with a man that has a PhD in Physical Geology and he never hopped on the band wagon with everyone else saying they did. So does that make him less credible as to his scientific explanation as to why those who did hop on the band wagon a load of ? Nah. I don't think so.
Old 12-11-2007, 11:03 AM   #29
Crystalline
Can't ride now...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tz420 View Post
25 years ago Time Magazine said we were headed for a global freeze. like this happens from time to time, it's natural. This is just his way of going "OH YOU GOTTA DO WHAT I WANT FAST!". Attention , is the correct term. It seems like things are bad because he trys to focus on TODAY. You can't examine this that close, these things are measured over long periods of time.

And I love the scientific community, just not agenda-pushing loons on either side of the coin.
Old 12-11-2007, 11:19 AM   #30
Jay
Deleted

Experience: 5 years

Gore got a Nobel Prize...........well i know he didnt get it for being energetic......that guy walks around like a robot
Old 12-11-2007, 12:26 PM   #31
AliceInChains02

Bike(s):
nada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystalline View Post
Well the whole "scientist studying this their whole lifes" doesn't mean that we are causing global warming. I have spoken with a man that has a PhD in Physical Geology and he never hopped on the band wagon with everyone else saying they did. So does that make him less credible as to his scientific explanation as to why those who did hop on the band wagon a load of ? Nah. I don't think so.
i have spoken with a man who has a PhD in geology too and he was a sided with gore on global warming. i guess what it comes down to is where did your professor teach, because mine was at a junior college :dontknow:

Okay, sure there are some educated people out there who disagree, but the majority of articles that i've read and looked into that have been posted on here in regards to global warming(usually dissenting the notion) have been by lobbyists and other unqualified propagandists. i haven't paid much attention to these recent ones though.
Old 12-11-2007, 12:33 PM   #32
Crystalline
Can't ride now...

Quote:
i have spoken with a man who has a PhD in geology too and he was a sided with gore on global warming. i guess what it comes down to is where did your professor teach, because mine was at a junior college :dontknow:

Okay, sure there are some educated people out there who disagree, but the majority of articles that i've read and looked into that have been posted on here in regards to global warming(usually dissenting the notion) have been by lobbyists and other unqualified propagandists. i haven't paid much attention to these recent ones though.
I don't think it matters as to where he teaches but only what he has learned and to what degree. That is where I find credibility. Just because Al Gore says this and this because of his sponsers and party affiliation does not make any more true. I see it as the same situation when Perry tried to require pre teen girls to get a vaccine shot that protects them from cervical cancer, blah blah blah. They had their proof as to why it was important but it doesn't make it any more credibal. As a matter of fact, because there was a stronger apposing argrument, his party members backed down and said they were not involved. I still don't think that global warming is because of humans though. And like I have said before, it is how science is presented to you as an individual.
Old 12-11-2007, 12:36 PM   #33
logan5

Bike(s):

One thing I've learned from my years doing research for professors is that you always need to know where the grant money is coming from. Right now there is A LOT of money being funneled into researching man made Global Warming...
Old 12-11-2007, 12:39 PM   #34
Crystalline
Can't ride now...

Quote:
Originally Posted by logan5 View Post
One thing I've learned from my years doing research for professors is that you always need to know where the grant money is coming from. Right now there is A LOT of money being funneled into researching man made Global Warming...

+ a billion!!!
Old 12-11-2007, 12:40 PM   #35
AliceInChains02

Bike(s):
nada

Quote:
I don't think it matters as to where he teaches but only what he has learned and to what degree. That is where I find credibility. Just because Al Gore says this and this because of his sponsers and party affiliation does not make any more true. I see it as the same situation when Perry tried to require pre teen girls to get a vaccine shot that protects them from cervical cancer, blah blah blah. They had their proof as to why it was important but it doesn't make it any more credibal. As a matter of fact, because there was a stronger apposing argrument, his party members backed down and said they were not involved. I still don't think that global warming is because of humans though. And like I have said before, it is how science is presented to you as an individual.
I wasn't being serious about where he teaches. Junior Colleges can have very good teachers, imo, though i don't have much grounds for comparison in regards to other higher learning facilities.

From what I remember, CO2 messing up the atmosphere is a pretty objective phenomenon, and I think scientists have been watching it, studying it, etc. for a long time.
What incentive could be so great to have such a great part of the scientific community conspire to push this great lie on the world?
Old 12-11-2007, 12:42 PM   #36
AliceInChains02

Bike(s):
nada

Quote:
Originally Posted by logan5 View Post
you mean state or federal funding? does texas have different opinions than USA on global warming?
or do you mean with the scientists?
Old 12-11-2007, 12:47 PM   #37
Crystalline
Can't ride now...

Quote:
I wasn't being serious about where he teaches. Junior Colleges can have very good teachers, imo, though i don't have much grounds for comparison in regards to other higher learning facilities.

From what I remember, CO2 messing up the atmosphere is a pretty objective phenomenon, and I think scientists have been watching it, studying it, etc. for a long time.
What incentive could be so great to have such a great part of the scientific community conspire to push this great lie on the world?
How much of the world is populated with an industrialized society?
Old 12-11-2007, 01:09 PM   #38
AliceInChains02

Bike(s):
nada

Quote:
How much of the world is populated with an industrialized society?
am i supposed to know that off of the top of my head? i'm flattered that you'd think i would....
Old 12-11-2007, 01:15 PM   #39
Crystalline
Can't ride now...

Quote:
am i supposed to know that off of the top of my head? i'm flattered that you'd think i would....
I don't remember because I took that class a year ago. But I don't think it is even 1/3. I dunno. I figured you would.
Old 12-11-2007, 01:41 PM   #40
logan5

Bike(s):

Quote:
you mean state or federal funding? does texas have different opinions than USA on global warming?
or do you mean with the scientists?
There is a lot of private and federal funding in forms of grants right now to study global warming and the impact of industry on climate. Not sure what's going on in Texas, but back at USC (University of Southern California) and UCLA, there's a lot of that going on. You can simply tell by the title of the study pretty much the source of the money and the slant of the study. It's sad and somewhat hypocritical but there it is.

There is very little independant research going on right now. The only true way to get any sort of independant view is to read peer-reviewed journals.

And just to set the record straight ... my personal experience with university research only extends to aerospace topics, but the underlining currents of money and influence are universal.

Advertisement