MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Technical > Performance and Modifications
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.


Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Reply
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 12-10-2007, 02:00 AM   #1
HoustonGixxer
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Feedback Rating: (17)
Posts: 5,225

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 10+






Member Garage





GSXR 600 Turbo

http://www.turbobikeresearch.com/Pages/videos.htm

ive been eyeing this and was wondering if anyone here has any experience with turbos on a motorcycle, reliability, performance, maintenance, etc.
$3000 for the complete turbo kit..... :/:
my bike is a gsxr 600 so is the one in the video.
advice please.
HoustonGixxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Need Turbo gsxr 750 Tuned sam_azzam Performance and Modifications 1 03-11-2013 04:26 AM
'06 GSXR 1000 Rear Seat on '07 GSXR 600? Triple T General Discussion (Moto Related) 2 12-18-2011 03:07 PM
05 GSXR 1000 gauge mount fit 06 GSXR 600? moose2590 General Discussion (Moto Related) 0 11-11-2011 10:43 AM
My Turbo Gsxr Project! PimpDaub General Discussion (Moto Related) 7 11-05-2010 02:08 PM
Problem: Bike makes turbo spool sound.. but i have no turbo! JusAnotherTran How To's and Q & A's 30 10-08-2009 01:11 AM
Advertisement
Old 12-10-2007, 03:36 AM   #2
speedjunkie
Insomniac
 
speedjunkie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: KATY
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 636

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
09 r1
2011 stryker








save your money and buy a cbr1000rr. puts out 15 more hp to the wheels and 10 lb ft of torque
__________________
“Everything I did in my life that was worthwhile I caught for.”
speedjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 04:01 AM   #3
J-Row
Gold Member®
 
J-Row's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Pearland
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 2,406

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
2007 1000RR, 2006 1000RR (STOLEN)









Quote:
Originally Posted by speedjunkie View Post
save your money and buy a cbr1000rr. puts out 15 more hp to the wheels and 10 lb ft of torque
+1
__________________
http://www.myspace.com/jrow1000rr
PGR #121546
J-Row is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 04:28 AM   #4
Charliebrown
Senior Member
 
Charliebrown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: pasadena
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 5,914

Experience: 4 years

Bike(s):
zzr









tight
__________________
Rest in Peace Matt.
x5s2g2
Charliebrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 06:45 AM   #5
ls_dm
Still Goin...............
 
ls_dm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: North West Houston
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 358


Bike(s):
07 cbr600rr









if you are willin to spend the money and time, I say boost that !!!!
there is nothin better then hearing that sweet turbo spool up!
ls_dm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 08:58 AM   #6
03.gsxr.1000
Senior Member
 
03.gsxr.1000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: North Houston area
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 170


Bike(s):
2003 GSXR 1000









I say do both . . .
Save your money and buy a 1000 and turbo it
__________________
Dream as if you will live forever.

Live as if you will die tomorrow.
03.gsxr.1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 09:01 AM   #7
ScooterTrash
ConroePowderCoating.com
 
ScooterTrash's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Cut n Shoot
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 17,239


Bike(s):
lots of em






I digs turboneum boostage
__________________
[COLOR="Lime"][B]Highway HorrorS c.c.[/B][/COLOR]



[QUOTE=Mr.D;2764337]
I respect scootertrash because well... He's like the Jesus of building and fixing .
[/QUOTE]
ScooterTrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 01:24 PM   #8
FasterFaster
Senior Member
 
FasterFaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 234












turbo charging a 600 is not recommended due to the fact that they spool up to late and you don't get the full potential of the bike. if you are going to turbo something make sure it is at least a 1000. there is a reason that there are very few turbo 600's
FasterFaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 01:27 PM   #9
cashtown
Lawyers Guns and Money
 
cashtown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Hunt, TX HWY 39
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 7,955

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
'05 Hayabusa '98 ZX-6E









__________________
freak20brothers



Fat Freddy says, "Busas are for posing!"
cashtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 01:49 PM   #10
ScooterTrash
ConroePowderCoating.com
 
ScooterTrash's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Cut n Shoot
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 17,239


Bike(s):
lots of em






Quote:
Originally Posted by FasterFaster View Post
turbo charging a 600 is not recommended due to the fact that they spool up to late and you don't get the full potential of the bike. if you are going to turbo something make sure it is at least a 1000. there is a reason that there are very few turbo 600's
I dont know about that, you can spool up a turbo with a lawnmower engine if its the correct size turbo.
__________________
[COLOR="Lime"][B]Highway HorrorS c.c.[/B][/COLOR]



[QUOTE=Mr.D;2764337]
I respect scootertrash because well... He's like the Jesus of building and fixing .
[/QUOTE]
ScooterTrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 02:31 PM   #11
90 5.0
frequent crasher
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Atascocita
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 561


Bike(s):
98 gsxr 600









Quote:
Originally Posted by ScooterTrash View Post
I dont know about that, you can spool up a turbo with a lawnmower engine if its the correct size turbo.
90 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 04:19 PM   #12
HoustonGixxer
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Feedback Rating: (17)
Posts: 5,225

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 10+






Member Garage





does anyone have experience with turbos on bikes... is it a good idea for a 600?
HoustonGixxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 04:36 PM   #13
Greenway Smokey
Super duper member!
 
Greenway Smokey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Galleria
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 2,382


Bike(s):
'04 1200XL









Send a message via AIM to Greenway Smokey
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonGixer View Post
does anyone have experience with turbos on bikes... is it a good idea for a 600?
Scooter trash has a turbo harley.

Turbo's are fun. I have one on my car, but i couldn't see putting one on a sport bike. I wouldn't know how to keep the front wheel down.
__________________
If dwells inside us, like some people say, I sure hope he likes enchiladas, because that's what he's getting!
www.eat4sport.com
Greenway Smokey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 05:44 PM   #14
bluewave18
Safety Third
 
bluewave18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: S.E.
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 34,098

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
08 Busa
03 XR 50








ask zxalan
bluewave18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 05:51 PM   #15
Speedemon
Member
 
Speedemon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: 1960 near 249
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 95


Bike(s):
GSXR GRAND









Send a message via AIM to Speedemon
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonGixer View Post
does anyone have experience with turbos on bikes... is it a good idea for a 600?

*** FUN BIKE ****
Speedemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 06:46 PM   #16
FasterFaster
Senior Member
 
FasterFaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 234












do your research, the reason why people stay away from turbo 600's is because the typical turbo setup is a t3/t4 which is made for minium 1500cc honda motor. less cc = less power which means longer spool time.

unless you know of a smaller turbo than the t3/t4 that isnt custom or outragously expensive? lmk i would be interested in one.

just about every setup i've seen uses the t3/t4, i could be wrong but hey!

Last edited by FasterFaster; 12-10-2007 at 06:49 PM.
FasterFaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 06:48 PM   #17
FasterFaster
Senior Member
 
FasterFaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 234












like i said there is a reason why very few people have expeirence with these setups. why not take the 3000 and build your motor you could make alot of power that way.
FasterFaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 06:54 PM   #18
Speedemon
Member
 
Speedemon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: 1960 near 249
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 95


Bike(s):
GSXR GRAND









Send a message via AIM to Speedemon
**** YOU WILL NOT GET MORE POWER FROM A MOTOR BUILD ****

They mostly use a T-20 on the 600cc's.....

and with a Turbo you usually get a 50% power gain!!!
Speedemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 07:07 PM   #19
FasterFaster
Senior Member
 
FasterFaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 234












ok i see your point about the turbo but what do you mean you wont build power with a build?????? if you internaly BUILD the motor you will make more power dude. it's simple math
FasterFaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 07:08 PM   #20
FasterFaster
Senior Member
 
FasterFaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 234












higher compression pistons cam, fuel, maps intake upgrades your trying to tell me these thing don't make extra hp???? i don't get it is there something im missing???
FasterFaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Advertisement


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:54 AM.


MotoHouston.com is not responsible for the content posted by users.
Privacy Policy