MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 12-07-2007, 09:53 PM   #1
Hackass

Feedback Rating: (0)

out of state tickets.

I got a couple in Louisianna.
If I pass on contributing to their cause can my Texas license be suspended?
This creep took my licence in leu of payment / porceedings. What's up with that?
Hackass is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Lunar State- Newt's big plan for a permanent moon base/state DepPravacion The Circus 30 02-09-2012 06:48 AM
Great Deal on Aeros Tickets (Cheap Hockey Tickets) DvlRacer Off Topic 7 12-23-2010 09:35 PM
Out of State registration... Vividkid General Discussion (Moto Related) 1 08-19-2010 12:26 AM
Advertisement
Old 12-07-2007, 10:12 PM   #2
txgsxrbob
THE SH*T STARTER IS BACK

Bike(s):
06 GSXR 1K SOLD !
2012 R1 Moto GP replica # 1287

Each parish in louisianna has it's own rules ( laws ) !! I hate it ....call the # & ask b/c they have your License # reported to texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by pester View Post
NOW WHERE IS TXGSXRBOB WHEN WE NEED HIM????
txgsxrbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 11:38 AM   #3
ryanw

what part of louisiana did you get the tickets? its easy to get a ticket fixed in louisiana, its all about who you know. I think ive had 7 tickets in the past year, none of them have gone on my record. Some of the citations have disappeared or they have gotten dropped down to moving violations
ryanw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 12:01 PM   #4
dbuck
Stayin' Young

Feedback Rating: (5)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
02 Honda Superhawk

Send a message via AIM to dbuck
depends on the state and if they "communicate" with each other...not sure about Louisiana, but my violations in Illinois (ummmm, I think I owe them money for operation on one wheel and speeding) have yet to "catch up" with me here in Texas. As for if I get pulled over up there with a TX DL, not sure if they will see it either, especially since it was a local town citation vs. a state charge.
dbuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 02:50 PM   #5
Patrick
Motorcycles Unlimited

Feedback Rating: (2)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'14 Speed Triple R, '82 CB900F, '13 Streetglide

Texas and Louisiana share data.
You will not be able to renew your Texas license if you default on the ticket.
Plus if you ever get pulled over again in Louisiana, you'll probably go to jail.

I used to run a number of service guys that lived here and had to travel through Louisiana and have had to deal with this issue in the past.

NEED GEAR? We have a great selection in stock but if we need to order it we GUARANTEE FIT!
Where Houston riders go to have their bikes worked on, done right the first time!

muad

1964 FM 1960 West
Houston, TX 77090
Hours: Tues.-Fri. 9:30-6:00 Sat. 9-5:30
www.motorcycles-unlimited.com
http://www.facebook.com/motorcyclesunlimited
e-mail: patrick@motorcycles-unlimited.com
Patrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 10:04 PM   #6
Hackass

Thanks. The town was Woodworth. (center mass) I guess they have more than one cop because the ticket was written by the assistent cheif of police. The locals told me that town is famous for this kind of . As far as fixing it goes. I bet if I sent cash in a registered letter it would be the end of it. But who's to say these Cajuns wouldn't pockit that cash & go for more. Every good business takes credit cards these days right?
Hackass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 11:18 AM   #7
bluewave18
Safety Third

Bike(s):
08 Busa
03 XR 50

i got 2 tickets in 12 hours in louisianna.never paid either.no problems yet it was 8 yrs ago.i worry when im there though
bluewave18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 11:09 PM   #8
ryanw

i have no idea where woodworth is, so i couldnt be of any help. As for Texas and Louisiana communicating data, Im not sure that is necessarily true. I now live in louisiana and i got a Public Intoxication charge b4 i moved to louisiana from texas. Well i had my court date after i moved to louisiana, got a LA drivers license. Texas suspended my license for 6 months for the citation but it never showed up in the louisiana data base. I called the DMV many of times to verify.

PS: you could always try and find a traffic attorney out there and they could probly get it taken care of for the right price
ryanw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 07:50 AM   #9
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Feedback Rating: (26)

Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
'14 Honda GROM! 181cc of fury!!
'10 Aprilia Tuono Factory-SOLD
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold

if you pay them, the worrying goes away.
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Make America Great Again!
RACER X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 11:44 AM   #10
BrokebackCowboy
RAT FIGHTER

woodworth is known for the speed trap in the papers it is the worst in the state

I know CerealKiller who knows Cogs69 who knows Squoddybody who knows Whorenet who knows McKee who knows Sugz who knows Meaner who knows Mala who knows Cody who knows Hardcoresteeevveee!
BrokebackCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement