MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Off Topic (everything else) > Off Topic
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 12-08-2007, 02:59 AM   #81
Mr.P
Driving Duh-Bus

Feedback Rating: (5)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
CBR1000RR

If made me in his image, then he certainly will, as would I, forgive poor little children who were turned from faith in him by this silly little movie. Surely she wouldn't condemn little Timmy to burn in the afterlife for eternity because Timmy's unscrupulous parents took him to this kids film.

I really like the quotes in the media saying the author has an "Agenda". WOW! Like the Christian church and Christian media and Christian majority don't always have an agenda. When was the last time an atheist knocked on your door handing out promotional materials? How many atheist handbooks are in the bedside table at your hotel? Can we all say an atheist grace at dinner, "Dear Lord, we paid for all this so thanks for nothiin'". An while we're at it, can I ask you a personal question Bill? Have you been unsaved? Cause if you haven't I'll talk your f*cking ear off until you beat me off with your umbrella.

Everyone knows that if exists, then he by definition cannot be killed. So this must all be a fantasy if exists.

Our country may have been founded on Christian beliefs, but isn't this guy from the U.K.?

And GixxerBill, kiss my darwinistic red monkey for thinking that because I am not a Christian that my kids will become rapist, disease carrying humans. The 10 commandments ring so true in your ears because you are a good hearted human accepting 10 very obvious tenets that if followed make human existance much more rewarding, not because your supposedly handed them down to us. My kids will follow the same rules as yours, live similar lives, make the world a better place to live in. They'll just do it more efficiently because they have only reason to guide them, not an ever changing antiquated mystery religion backed by 2000 years of intolerance, extortion, genocide, pedofilial homosexuality, and endless mind numbing debate.

Hey atheists, can we start an atheism thread to discuss the differences in all the things we don't believe. Ooops, thought so. No one, even us "atheists" seems to care about what they don't believe in.
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
A golden era Grinchy Taking it to the Track 11 11-18-2011 08:42 PM
Interesting about new movie "The Golden Compass" Blue91 Off Topic 169 11-11-2007 12:25 PM
HARLEYS ARE GOLDEN..... FastLine Cruisers Lounge 13 04-18-2006 08:49 PM
Advertisement
Old 12-08-2007, 05:05 AM   #82
ArturoC
51% Geek, 49% SuperHero

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
'99 GSXR600
'04 NSR 50
'09 Yamaha WR250X
'07 Triumph 675

Member Garage

Send a message via ICQ to ArturoC Send a message via AIM to ArturoC Send a message via Yahoo to ArturoC Send a message via Skype™ to ArturoC
Quote:
Originally Posted by marlboroman71818 View Post
Umm, thats incorrect. Check the original version of the Pledge of Allegiance.
The original version of the pledge (written by a christian) makes no mention of any .

Pledge as it was originally written.
I pledge allegiance to my Flag and the Republic for which it stands: one Nation indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all.

Quote:
Also check the United States currency. And any number of other documents that were written by your countrys founding fathers.
Note that the pledge was written in 1892, 100 years AFTER the founding fathers wrote anything. It was modified in 1954 to included 'under '.

There is only one document that we need to be concerned with, and that is the one that determines how this country is to be governed. The Constituion, written by the founding fathers and which sets us up as a secular nation and does not allow the government to endorse any religion over another. Period.

Quote:
I dont need to argue to put a copy of the Koran, Torah or any other religious book in the courtrooms, I dont use them. But I think that people should have argued to include their book and paid for it to be there instead of taking ours away from us.
It's the christians that seem to feel some sort of entitlement to have their represented. Why include other religious texts in a government building? There isn't enough room.

Quote:
The only book that I would not stand for in a courtroom is one of evil.
Evil is just an opinion.
http://www.evilbible.com

Quote:
You are generalizing everyone in a wide range of religions which is redicoulous. Christians make up many deferent religious denominations. And I dont want to make up laws to inforce my belief system, so obviously you are incorrect.
You are only 1 person. Pay attention to politics, it's not difficult to see, read, or hear the agendas of the so called religious leaders. The Constitution went out of it's way to make the separation of church and state, yet some people insist on inserting their in goverment when and where they can. ie, the money, pledge etc as you mentioned earlier.
CMRA [Prov Nov]ice #404
Sponsors: D&D - GoPro - Amsoil
ArturoC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 08:22 AM   #83
paniro187

Quote:
Originally Posted by cogs69 View Post
That is a horrible comparison. Again, I don't agree with Gixxerbill to his extent, but santa and the tooth fairy? And these are religious idols with the same standing that Christians hold right? Two completely different things. Santa and the Tooth Fairy don't have bearings people's lives like does for a Christian person. Santa and the tooth fairy are imaginary people made up to give kids excitement, and something to look forward to without any intentions what so ever of them believing in them when they are old enough to understand. is on a whole different playing level. Sorry mirimirez, but that was a weak argument.
it was a weak arguement to you because you just don't WANT to see it. christmas as a whole is set on a complete lie. santa claus the actual day it was on the reason it was instituted everything. and then to top it all off you so called christians stamp christ name on it.

When you add emotion to any equation, you can't trust the results-Unknown
paniro187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 08:33 AM   #84
isoplus
should be working

Bike(s):
Honda Shadow VT750C2, Hyosung GV650

Uh... how is this movie any worse than 'Lord of the rings' or 'Matrix'?
I remember when 'Little Mermaid' and 'Hercules' came out people criticized them for their 'Pagan' based stories...
isoplus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 11:59 AM   #85
Sifu-TZ
#1 Satans' Buttnuggets

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
Husky 450SMR motard

Looks like a good work of FICTION. Remember fiction? Make believe, wild stories, adventure, something crazy out of someones' head? People not losing their F Vckin minds over make believe? The further I go from my own baptist style upbringing the more life makes sense. And the further the religious freaks go, the more damage you do to your own cause. Yup, you people will destroy every thing you are trying to teach by acting this way.

And Shad's hilarious! Big ups.

Fastline motorcycle school grid marshal.
SBN. We're coming for your wife and daughters.
Sifu-TZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 02:44 PM   #86
Faylaricia
The Comtesse

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'02 Honda VFR800

Quote:
Originally Posted by tz420 View Post
And Shad's hilarious! Big ups.
+ 1 !
Old 12-08-2007, 03:07 PM   #87
TooBuku
Dumb Gook

Send a message via AIM to TooBuku
i think my signature explains it all.
Old 12-08-2007, 04:43 PM   #88
Sifu-TZ
#1 Satans' Buttnuggets

Bike(s):
Husky 450SMR motard

Did I mention I will be high as t when I go see this on sunday? report to follow.

Fastline motorcycle school grid marshal.
SBN. We're coming for your wife and daughters.
Sifu-TZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 01:14 AM   #89
fuknrobert
the necessary villain

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
'04 R6, '05 70, '04 fiddy!

Decent movie, fantastic story line, I recommend it to anyone.. not just kids.

By the way, it's rated PG-13.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentgixxer
im not a midget , i was actually born with a type of dwarfism, but i took medication for 12 yrs to reach just 5'6"
fuknrobert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 09:11 AM   #90
PoPoRiderRR
NO MO BIKE guy!

Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
2007 CBR 1000 RR *** SOLD ***

It's a movie... bottom line ... if you don't like its contents don't go see it... as I have talked about millions of times about ( having a choice ), in this case you do too... Choose whether you want to see it or not... Goshhhhhhhhhh!!!!
Old 12-09-2007, 09:39 AM   #91
Candie

Experience: 9 years

Bike(s):
2013 Ninja 300
07 CBR 600RR (sold)
09 Ninja 250 (sold)
04 CBR 600RR (sold)
04 GSXR 600 (sold)

Well has any actually seen it? I want to know if it is good or not.
Old 12-09-2007, 10:41 AM   #92
Scorpio
Twist the Grip, Let'r Rip

Feedback Rating: (6)

450x sumo (sold)
RC51 (sold)
Honda Grom 125(sold)

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to Scorpio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadman View Post
If made me in his image, then he certainly will, as would I, forgive poor little children who were turned from faith in him by this silly little movie. Surely she wouldn't condemn little Timmy to burn in the afterlife for eternity because Timmy's unscrupulous parents took him to this kids film.

I really like the quotes in the media saying the author has an "Agenda". WOW! Like the Christian church and Christian media and Christian majority don't always have an agenda. When was the last time an atheist knocked on your door handing out promotional materials? How many atheist handbooks are in the bedside table at your hotel? Can we all say an atheist grace at dinner, "Dear Lord, we paid for all this so thanks for nothiin'". An while we're at it, can I ask you a personal question Bill? Have you been unsaved? Cause if you haven't I'll talk your f*cking ear off until you beat me off with your umbrella.

Everyone knows that if exists, then he by definition cannot be killed. So this must all be a fantasy if exists.

Our country may have been founded on Christian beliefs, but isn't this guy from the U.K.?

And GixxerBill, kiss my darwinistic red monkey for thinking that because I am not a Christian that my kids will become rapist, disease carrying humans. The 10 commandments ring so true in your ears because you are a good hearted human accepting 10 very obvious tenets that if followed make human existance much more rewarding, not because your supposedly handed them down to us. My kids will follow the same rules as yours, live similar lives, make the world a better place to live in. They'll just do it more efficiently because they have only reason to guide them, not an ever changing antiquated mystery religion backed by 2000 years of intolerance, extortion, genocide, pedofilial homosexuality, and endless mind numbing debate.

Hey atheists, can we start an atheism thread to discuss the differences in all the things we don't believe. Ooops, thought so. No one, even us "atheists" seems to care about what they don't believe in.
agreed 110%
Scorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 12:02 PM   #93
bdmpastx
The Cripple

Bike(s):
2009 Nissan GTR - sold
2015 Nissan GTR

I saw it and the wife liked it but I didn't care for it much for other than the special effects. I don't think that there were any direct lines towards Christianity. I see what the film is and that is one of fiction. There wasn't anything to get worked up about from either side of the table.
Old 12-09-2007, 08:05 PM   #94
fuknrobert
the necessary villain

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
'04 R6, '05 70, '04 fiddy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdmpastx View Post
I saw it and the wife liked it but I didn't care for it much for other than the special effects. I don't think that there were any direct lines towards Christianity. I see what the film is and that is one of fiction. There wasn't anything to get worked up about from either side of the table.
+1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentgixxer
im not a midget , i was actually born with a type of dwarfism, but i took medication for 12 yrs to reach just 5'6"
fuknrobert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 09:18 PM   #95
witchdoctor575
certified shutterbug

Feedback Rating: (11)

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
07 triumph D675(sold)
05 busa LE (sold)
03 rc51 (sold)
99 superhawk (wrecked)
01 shadow 1100 (sold)

Member Garage

witchdoctor575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 09:22 PM   #96
hotcknstrips
Bevo's royal guard.

Feedback Rating: (8)

Experience: 7 years
Trackdays: 7

Bike(s):
09 Buell 1125CR

is this still raging? dayum, Gixerbill's has endurance for all the beating he's receiving!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Weird Lady
Mucus Membrane!
hotcknstrips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 09:28 PM   #97
witchdoctor575
certified shutterbug

Feedback Rating: (11)

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
07 triumph D675(sold)
05 busa LE (sold)
03 rc51 (sold)
99 superhawk (wrecked)
01 shadow 1100 (sold)

Member Garage

the wife and I want to go see it. As for the religion aspect...WHO REALLY GIVES A RATS !!! It is a friggin movie...grow up.
witchdoctor575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 10:11 AM   #98
Faylaricia
The Comtesse

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'02 Honda VFR800

No 1 movie at the box office this past weekend.

I guess that says it all.
Old 12-10-2007, 10:28 AM   #99
gixxerbill

Bike(s):
K5 GSXR 1000
2008 Goldwing 1832 cc
Bourget Low Blow Chopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy018 View Post

Yeah, but once all those rapists, drunks, degenerates accept in their dieing bedds, the'll be sharing eternityh with you.

No thank.
Yea, and you will be sharing eternity in a very miserbly hot place with all those rapist, drunks, and degenerates that don't accept on their deathbeds and are't repentant of their sins but you ain't dead yet so you still have time to repent and be saved.
Old 12-10-2007, 10:44 AM   #100
Challen
MSF Lead Instructor

Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
2000 ZX12R
2008 250R
2012 ZX10R

Quote:
Originally Posted by gixxerbill View Post
Yea, and you will be sharing eternity in a very miserbly hot place with all those rapist, drunks, and degenerates
I already live in Houston.................

Advertisement