Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Off Topic (everything else) > Off Topic
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 12-07-2007, 12:49 PM   #41
SugarDaddy
Sugz Darko....

Feedback Rating: (0)

Send a message via Yahoo to SugarDaddy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy018 View Post
I think he's point was very valid.

You have to see it from our point of view.

If you meet a 40 year old man that trully believes in Santa Clause and the Tooth Fairy.
Do you admire him for having such strong faith?
are you saying they arent real???
SugarDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
A golden era Grinchy Taking it to the Track 11 11-18-2011 08:42 PM
Interesting about new movie "The Golden Compass" Blue91 Off Topic 169 11-11-2007 12:25 PM
HARLEYS ARE GOLDEN..... FastLine Cruisers Lounge 13 04-18-2006 08:49 PM
Advertisement
Old 12-07-2007, 12:49 PM   #42
fuknrobert
the necessary villain

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'04 R6, '05 70, '04 fiddy!

what's the big deal about killing anyway LOL

i've never seen a living , have you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentgixxer
im not a midget , i was actually born with a type of dwarfism, but i took medication for 12 yrs to reach just 5'6"
fuknrobert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 12:49 PM   #43
Stacy
One day at a time!

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
99 Ninja 250
04 Honda f4i

Quote:
Originally Posted by cogs69 View Post
Do they kill of in that movie?

Its not about being a fantasy movie. Go read what happens to in the 3rd book. That is where the problem comes from. Funny how a guy that doesn't believe in puts that in his movie. If he isn't real, how can you kill him?
Have you read the books YOURSELF? Or are you basing this on the reviews and emails that are just a tad bit slanted?
Old 12-07-2007, 12:49 PM   #44
Fuzzy018

Bike(s):
2009 HD Dyna - Super Glide

Quote:
I didn't say respect my . I said have respect for our religion. If that is the choice we make, then leave it alone. Why don't you have arguments with Muslims like this? Probably out of fear of them shooting your . Hence, some kind of respect. I can see arguments, if I put myself in your shoes, even though I don't agree, about taking religion out of government and such. I disagree, but can see why you feel that way. But out of respect of other people's beliefs, you don't go create a children's movie about killing their . Especially considering what percentage of the US is Christian.

And by the way, you are a real stand up guy by calling Christians dumbasses and the comment "your Fukn ". Grow up.
First of all, If there were Muslims or Jews or any other religion, I would still have the argument.

Second.
NO.
I do not have to respect your religion at all.
What I respect is YOU. And so if you believe in your religion, I respect that.
But the religion ITSELF, IMHO is assinine (can't spell)
Fuzzy018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 12:51 PM   #45
gixxerbill

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
K5 GSXR 1000
2008 Goldwing 1832 cc
Bourget Low Blow Chopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy018 View Post
Says you.

You are one angry bigot man!!!!

You're wrong.

How many murders, rapists, drunks are christian?
And they aren't really living the christian life now are they?

option 1. Again, what does the atheistic choice offer anybody? You believe you decended from a banana eating primate and started off as goo oozing out of the water. You have 80 years at best here and then you die(hopefully just die) Live for yourself and whatever the heck want to do. And have no hope for anything better.

option 2 That you were created by an AWESOME that made you in His image. Now the Christian you have a that loves you and gave His son for you and wants the best for you and gave you the Bible that tells you how to live a fulfilling life. Christians help other people and help each other. He gives you the holy spirit to confort you when the every thing seems hopeless. Then it offers you life for an eternity with no sickness, no war and death.

Just from looking at the two choice seems like one would have to be really dumb to pick option 1 especially since nobody knows for sure happens when you die.
Old 12-07-2007, 12:51 PM   #46
cogs69
Mayor of Coggerville

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
79cc mini cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuknrobert View Post
I think you have the word respect confused. I don't have to respect a fukn thing about your .
Arturo said it nicely when he said the only thing he has to respect, is your choice to believe in something different. Whether or not I make fun of said dumbass, is my freedom.
Again, grow up Robert. I'm not Gixxer, and I haven't been disrespectful to any of you that disagree with me
cogs69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 12:52 PM   #47
fuknrobert
the necessary villain

Bike(s):

Quote:
Again, grow up Robert. I'm not Gixxer, and I haven't been disrespectful to any of you that disagree with me
still don't see where i said ur

Quote:
im not a midget , i was actually born with a type of dwarfism, but i took medication for 12 yrs to reach just 5'6"
Old 12-07-2007, 12:55 PM   #48
rideForrestride

Trackdays: 5

Bike(s):
'08 ZX10R - The Mistress

Quote:
Originally Posted by gixxerbill View Post
REAlly lets see if I am wrong the kids just die if atheist are wrong the kids burn in for eternity. I don't think I would want to push that on since nobody knows what is beyond deathfor sure seems like a mean selfish thing to do to a child. And how is bad for a kid to live a christian life. He won't get aids or be a drunkard or adulter or any other vile things. What is wrong with that? Why do you think you have to force atheistic beliefs on children. Your life choice and phylosphy don't offer to someone except ending up as wormdirt as the best senereo.
So you're saying if a kid lives a christian life he won't be a drunkard, adulterer, or do vile things? What do you consider vile? Some people would say cursing and writing inappropriate things on the internet. Do you consider yourself living a "christian life" according to your definition? Just curious since it seems you talk alot about and Christianity.
rideForrestride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 12:56 PM   #49
Fuzzy018

Bike(s):

Quote:
Christians help other people and help each other.
Yeah right.....they just say or think they do.....hipocrite

Quote:
Then it offers you life for an eternity with no sickness, no war and death.
Yeah, but once all those rapists, drunks, degenerates accept in their dieing bedds, the'll be sharing eternityh with you.

No thank.
Old 12-07-2007, 12:57 PM   #50
cogs69
Mayor of Coggerville

Bike(s):
79cc mini cruiser

Quote:
still don't see where i said ur
More maturity, i got a couple words mixed up. Still no reason to get vulgar over it period. "fukn thing about your " oh well. Or calling Christians or Dumbasses. This is one of those immature type arguments a 4 yr old tries to make about nit picking over every detail of what you are upset about. Not what I said, you got it wrong.
Old 12-07-2007, 01:02 PM   #51
cogs69
Mayor of Coggerville

Bike(s):
79cc mini cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marishka29 View Post
Have you read the books YOURSELF? Or are you basing this on the reviews and emails that are just a tad bit slanted?
How about from his own mouth in an interview in 2003. Look it up. No I have not read his books, but when the Author says his books "are about killing " I tend to believe what he says.
Old 12-07-2007, 01:03 PM   #52
fuknrobert
the necessary villain

Bike(s):

the point is, i can't wait to see this movie and I'd even watch it twice to support someone who isn't afraid of the christian motohouston mob to make a movie that supports a different idea.

Quote:
Old 12-07-2007, 01:04 PM   #53
marimirez
PW Reformed...

Bike(s):
2000 Can a tuna ~sold~ 06 Gixxer 600

Quote:
the point is, i can't wait to see this movie and I'd even watch it twice to support someone who isn't afraid of the christian motohouston mob to make a movie that supports a different idea.
marimirez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 01:07 PM   #54
Stacy
One day at a time!

Bike(s):
99 Ninja 250
04 Honda f4i

Quote:
How about from his own mouth in an interview in 2003. Look it up. No I have not read his books, but when the Author says his books "are about killing " I tend to believe what he says.
"Yes, it's true, as the e-mails virtually shriek, that Pullman once told an interviewer "His Dark Materials" is about "killing ," and that he wrote an op-ed piece describing C.S. Lewis' "The Chronicles of Narnia" as "ugly and poisonous." It's also true that these statements have been taken out of context -- not just out of the context of a particular interview or newspaper editorial, but out of the context of an entire culture, a culture of conversation, debate and consideration, rather than paranoia, alarmism and extremism."

Again, here is the link that I previously posted, which the above is copied from http://www.latimes.com/features/book...ooks-headlines
Old 12-07-2007, 01:10 PM   #55
Fuzzy018

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarDaddy View Post
are you saying they arent real???
Old 12-07-2007, 01:18 PM   #56
ArturoC
51% Geek, 49% SuperHero

Bike(s):
'99 GSXR600
'04 NSR 50
'09 Yamaha WR250X
'07 Triumph 675

Member Garage

Send a message via ICQ to ArturoC Send a message via AIM to ArturoC Send a message via Yahoo to ArturoC Send a message via Skype™ to ArturoC
Quote:
While I agree with what you are saying as a Christian even, you don't see us making movies killing Alah, or Buddha, or any of the gods of the different religions. Its called respect. Just like you would ask me to respect your beliefs, and not try to force mine on you, there should be respect for our religion. I think it is a line that shouldn't be crossed. The only reason they did it was for the publicity, especially with all the uproar lately about being taken off money and such. But I do agree it is freedom of speech or the press. I just think out of respect, it shouldn't be in a children's fantasy movie. But oh well, what can ya do?

Because children shouldn't be allowed to think for themselves?
CMRA [Prov Nov]ice #404
Sponsors: D&D - GoPro - Amsoil
ArturoC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 01:29 PM   #57
ArturoC
51% Geek, 49% SuperHero

Bike(s):
'99 GSXR600
'04 NSR 50
'09 Yamaha WR250X
'07 Triumph 675

Member Garage

Send a message via ICQ to ArturoC Send a message via AIM to ArturoC Send a message via Yahoo to ArturoC Send a message via Skype™ to ArturoC
Quote:
That is what i heard too. It is one thing for an atheist adult to chose against but for an atheist to try to convince children not to believe in are just aholes imo that should be there decision.

Billions of people of other religions teach their kids to believe in something other than your .
CMRA [Prov Nov]ice #404
Sponsors: D&D - GoPro - Amsoil
ArturoC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 02:22 PM   #58
amber|alexis

Experience: 4 years

Member Garage

just watch the movie and if you believe in now, chances are that you'll still believe in after
amber|alexis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 02:26 PM   #59
cogs69
Mayor of Coggerville

Bike(s):
79cc mini cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marishka29 View Post
"Yes, it's true, as the e-mails virtually shriek, that Pullman once told an interviewer "His Dark Materials" is about "killing ," and that he wrote an op-ed piece describing C.S. Lewis' "The Chronicles of Narnia" as "ugly and poisonous." It's also true that these statements have been taken out of context -- not just out of the context of a particular interview or newspaper editorial, but out of the context of an entire culture, a culture of conversation, debate and consideration, rather than paranoia, alarmism and extremism."

Again, here is the link that I previously posted, which the above is copied from http://www.latimes.com/features/book...ooks-headlines
Pullman, though, expected more. "I've been surprised by how little criticism I've got. Harry Potter's been taking all the flak. I'm a great fan of J.K. Rowling, but the people - mainly from America's Bible Belt - who complain that Harry Potter promotes Satanism or witchcraft obviously haven't got enough in their lives. Meanwhile, I've been flying under the radar, saying things that are far more subversive than anything poor old Harry has said. My books are about killing ."

I've pulled out this exact phrase out of many online newspaper sites to make sure. doesn't look out of context to me.
Old 12-07-2007, 02:27 PM   #60
marlboroman71818
tramp

Bike(s):
05 busa

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to marlboroman71818
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArturoC View Post
Because children shouldn't be allowed to think for themselves?
I think you missed the point. They should be allowed to think for themselfs. But they are also very gullable to snakes in the grass. ---directed to AurtoroC. end debate

For some of the extremists
For someone to hide those beliefs behind a movie is no different than saying a prayer at school or having a bible in the courthouse. Because no matter what you say our country was founded on a belief in . If you dont believe in it then leave it be for others too. But dont go telling people that they cant express what they feel in public for their because you dont believe but all the while you can openly express yourself. Dont try to take full control of everything and you would not be bothered. Sounds like some of the atheists want to have full power and have everything the way the want it to be without compramise

Advertisement