MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Off Topic (everything else) > Off Topic
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 12-07-2007, 12:37 PM   #21
cogs69
Mayor of Coggerville

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
79cc mini cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by marimirez View Post
But it's ok to make them believe in Santa Claus and the tooth fairy?

It's just a movie, you think because they watch superman they think they will be able to fly. Even my 4yo knows the difference.
Depends what drugs they get into.
cogs69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
A golden era Grinchy Taking it to the Track 11 11-18-2011 08:42 PM
Interesting about new movie "The Golden Compass" Blue91 Off Topic 169 11-11-2007 12:25 PM
HARLEYS ARE GOLDEN..... FastLine Cruisers Lounge 13 04-18-2006 08:49 PM
Advertisement
Old 12-07-2007, 12:39 PM   #22
fuknrobert
the necessary villain

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'04 R6, '05 70, '04 fiddy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cogs69 View Post
While I agree with what you are saying as a Christian even, you don't see us making movies killing Alah, or Buddha, or any of the gods of the different religions. Its called respect. Just like you would ask me to respect your beliefs, and not try to force mine on you, there should be respect for our religion. I think it is a line that shouldn't be crossed. The only reason they did it was for the publicity, especially with all the uproar lately about being taken off money and such. But I do agree it is freedom of speech or the press. I just think out of respect, it shouldn't be in a children's fantasy movie. But oh well, what can ya do?
I think you have the word respect confused. I don't have to respect a fukn thing about your .

Arturo said it nicely when he said the only thing he has to respect, is your choice to believe in something different. Whether or not I make fun of said dumbass, is my freedom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentgixxer
im not a midget , i was actually born with a type of dwarfism, but i took medication for 12 yrs to reach just 5'6"
fuknrobert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 12:39 PM   #23
marimirez
PW Reformed...

Bike(s):
2000 Can a tuna ~sold~ 06 Gixxer 600

Quote:
Originally Posted by gixxerbill View Post
REAlly lets see if I am wrong the kids just die if atheist are wrong the kids burn in for eternity. I don't think I would want to push that on since nobody knows what is beyond deathfor sure seems like a mean selfish thing to do to a child. And how is bad for a kid to live a christian life. He won't get aids or be a drunkard or adulter or any other vile things. What is wrong with that? Why do you think you have to force atheistic beliefs on children. Your life choice and phylosphy don't offer to someone except ending up as wormdirt as the best senereo.
OMG, are we really going there again. I know that not all people who have aids are atheist and I think it is very prejudice and unchristian like of you to say so. I know plenty of "Christians" who drink and commit adultery.
marimirez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 12:40 PM   #24
Fuzzy018

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
2009 HD Dyna - Super Glide

Quote:
REAlly lets see if I am wrong the kids just die if atheist are wrong the kids burn in for eternity.
Says you.

You are one angry bigot man!!!!

Quote:
He won't get aids or be a drunkard or adulter or any other vile things.
You're wrong.

How many murders, rapists, drunks are christian?
Fuzzy018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 12:40 PM   #25
Stacy
One day at a time!

Bike(s):
99 Ninja 250
04 Honda f4i

Quote:
While I agree with what you are saying as a Christian even, you don't see us making movies killing Alah, or Buddha, or any of the gods of the different religions. Its called respect. Just like you would ask me to respect your beliefs, and not try to force mine on you, there should be respect for our religion. I think it is a line that shouldn't be crossed. The only reason they did it was for the publicity, especially with all the uproar lately about being taken off money and such. But I do agree it is freedom of speech or the press. I just think out of respect, it shouldn't be in a children's fantasy movie. But oh well, what can ya do?
What about the Chronicals of Narnia?
Old 12-07-2007, 12:40 PM   #26
fuknrobert
the necessary villain

Bike(s):

Quote:
REAlly lets see if I am wrong the kids just die if atheist are wrong the kids burn in for eternity. I don't think I would want to push that on since nobody knows what is beyond deathfor sure seems like a mean selfish thing to do to a child. And how is bad for a kid to live a christian life. He won't get aids or be a drunkard or adulter or any other vile things. What is wrong with that? Why do you think you have to force atheistic beliefs on children. Your life choice and phylosphy don't offer to someone except ending up as wormdirt as the best senereo.
LOL?

Because christians dont have aids?

Quote:
im not a midget , i was actually born with a type of dwarfism, but i took medication for 12 yrs to reach just 5'6"
Old 12-07-2007, 12:41 PM   #27
marimirez
PW Reformed...

Bike(s):

Quote:
That is a horrible comparison. Again, I don't agree with Gixxerbill to his extent, but santa and the tooth fairy? And these are religious idols with the same standing that Christians hold right? Two completely different things. Santa and the Tooth Fairy don't have bearings people's lives like does for a Christian person. Santa and the tooth fairy are imaginary people made up to give kids excitement, and something to look forward to without any intentions what so ever of them believing in them when they are old enough to understand. is on a whole different playing level. Sorry mirimirez, but that was a weak argument.
The point was that I don't think one movie will make kids not believe in . Sorry if you missed it.
Old 12-07-2007, 12:42 PM   #28
SugarDaddy
Sugz Darko....

Send a message via Yahoo to SugarDaddy
ok...whast all the drama about this movie??? i mean....its just a fkn movie!
SugarDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 12:43 PM   #29
cogs69
Mayor of Coggerville

Bike(s):
79cc mini cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuknrobert View Post
I think you have the word respect confused. I don't have to respect a fukn thing about your .

Arturo said it nicely when he said the only thing he has to respect, is your choice to believe in something different. Whether or not I make fun of said dumbass, is my freedom.
I didn't say respect my . I said have respect for our religion. If that is the choice we make, then leave it alone. Why don't you have arguments with Muslims like this? Probably out of fear of them shooting your . Hence, some kind of respect. I can see arguments, if I put myself in your shoes, even though I don't agree, about taking religion out of government and such. I disagree, but can see why you feel that way. But out of respect of other people's beliefs, you don't go create a children's movie about killing their . Especially considering what percentage of the US is Christian.

And by the way, you are a real stand up guy by calling Christians dumbasses and the comment "your Fukn ". Grow up.
Old 12-07-2007, 12:45 PM   #30
cogs69
Mayor of Coggerville

Bike(s):
79cc mini cruiser

Quote:
The point was that I don't think one movie will make kids not believe in . Sorry if you missed it.
I don't think it will either, but killing off our in it is where he crosses the line in my opinion. I don't think there would be a problem if in the 3rd book doesn't get killed off. That shows vulnerability, and weakness, which as you already know, does not have.
Old 12-07-2007, 12:45 PM   #31
rideForrestride

Trackdays: 5

Bike(s):
'08 ZX10R - The Mistress

Quote:
OMG, are we really going there again. I know that not all people who have aids are atheist and I think it is very prejudice and unchristian like of you to say so. I know plenty of "Christians" who drink and commit adultery.
+1
rideForrestride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 12:45 PM   #32
marimirez
PW Reformed...

Bike(s):

Quote:
I didn't say respect my . I said have respect for our religion. If that is the choice we make, then leave it alone. Why don't you have arguments with Muslims like this? Probably out of fear of them shooting your . Hence, some kind of respect. I can see arguments, if I put myself in your shoes, even though I don't agree, about taking religion out of government and such. I disagree, but can see why you feel that way. But out of respect of other people's beliefs, you don't go create a children's movie about killing their . Especially considering what percentage of the US is Christian.

And by the way, you are a real stand up guy by calling Christians dumbasses and the comment "your Fukn ". Grow up.
I think self righteous people like GB make it hard to show respect.
Old 12-07-2007, 12:46 PM   #33
Fuzzy018

Bike(s):
2009 HD Dyna - Super Glide

Quote:
That is a horrible comparison. Again, I don't agree with Gixxerbill to his extent, but santa and the tooth fairy? And these are religious idols with the same standing that Christians hold right? Two completely different things. Santa and the Tooth Fairy don't have bearings people's lives like does for a Christian person. Santa and the tooth fairy are imaginary people made up to give kids excitement, and something to look forward to without any intentions what so ever of them believing in them when they are old enough to understand. is on a whole different playing level. Sorry mirimirez, but that was a weak argument.
I think he's point was very valid.

You have to see it from our point of view.

If you meet a 40 year old man that trully believes in Santa Clause and the Tooth Fairy.

Do you admire him for having such strong faith?
Fuzzy018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 12:47 PM   #34
cogs69
Mayor of Coggerville

Bike(s):
79cc mini cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marishka29 View Post
What about the Chronicals of Narnia?
Do they kill of in that movie?

Its not about being a fantasy movie. Go read what happens to in the 3rd book. That is where the problem comes from. Funny how a guy that doesn't believe in puts that in his movie. If he isn't real, how can you kill him?
Old 12-07-2007, 12:47 PM   #35
Stacy
One day at a time!

Bike(s):
99 Ninja 250
04 Honda f4i

[quote=gixxerbill;885783].... Why do you think you have to force atheistic beliefs on children. ...quote]

Same could be asked of you...I don't believe that anyone should force their personal beliefs on their children. I offer mine alternative views. They've been to non-denominatial churches with my family, they've been taught christian views, they've been taught buddist views and they've been taught wiccan/pagan views. I believe that religion is extremely personal and not one size fits all. At the end, I hope my children are educated enough to make their own choice.
Old 12-07-2007, 12:47 PM   #36
fuknrobert
the necessary villain

Bike(s):

Quote:

don't pretend to know me.

I have spoken with MANY muslims.

Quote:
Old 12-07-2007, 12:47 PM   #37
marimirez
PW Reformed...

Bike(s):

Quote:
I don't think it will either, but killing off our in it is where he crosses the line in my opinion. I don't think there would be a problem if in the 3rd book doesn't get killed off. That shows vulnerability, and weakness, which as you already know, does not have.
Then I think it's the parents job to give their children the knowledge to know what they believe the truth is. And if one movie can shake your childs faith then maybe you (and not you in particular Cogs) need to work a lil harder.
Old 12-07-2007, 12:48 PM   #38
cogs69
Mayor of Coggerville

Bike(s):
79cc mini cruiser

Quote:
I think self righteous people like GB make it hard to show respect.
I agree completely. Its how you show it and say it. Him and fuknrobert are two reasons why there will always be disputes. lack of respect for the other side. Not to mention childish.
Old 12-07-2007, 12:48 PM   #39
fuknrobert
the necessary villain

Bike(s):

Quote:
at least get your quotes right, it was the other way around

Quote:
Old 12-07-2007, 12:49 PM   #40
cogs69
Mayor of Coggerville

Bike(s):
79cc mini cruiser

Quote:
Then I think it's the parents job to give their children the knowledge to know what they believe the truth is. And if one movie can shake your childs faith then maybe you (and not you in particular Cogs) need to work a lil harder.
agreed

Advertisement