MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 12-07-2007, 11:10 AM   #1
txgsxrbob
THE SH*T STARTER IS BACK

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
06 GSXR 1K SOLD !
2012 R1 Moto GP replica # 1287

WTF !! HELMETS HELMETS

Ok the past couple of days we have all read or heard of the deaths & accidents . A few of them had said rider had no helmet on !! I believe it's everybodies CHOICE to wear or not . I didn't wear one for a while til back in 1989 the helmet law was put into place on Sept. 1st . Then you had to wear one. I hated this law " it's stupid " my thoughts.Well early morning on Sept. the 9th I was rear end by a lady putting on make up . I had slowed down to about 20 mph & in the turning lane & she veered out of her lane & struck me from behind throwing me up into the air about 20 feet ( road crew said i looked like a rag doll in the air ) over 2 cars to only to land threw the windsheild of the third vech. then he slams on the brakes & i get thrown to the ground only to bouce around til i finally stop. THANK I had my helmet on !! wasn't much left of my clothes ,but helmet was still on my head !!! So please if you see someone riding w/o it & they have it with them ask them to put it on !! We all need to be safe . I would hate to know what the out come would have been if I had not had mine on that day !!! PLEASE EVERYBODY WEAR YOUR GEAR & HELMET !!! bless
Quote:
Originally Posted by pester View Post
NOW WHERE IS TXGSXRBOB WHEN WE NEED HIM????
txgsxrbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
HELMETS!! mjrauma General Discussion (Moto Related) 6 07-04-2014 10:45 AM
looking for helmets tyme2move General Discussion (Moto Related) 8 03-15-2008 04:48 PM
WTF HELMETS ON BIKE NOT ON HEAD !! txgsxrbob Off Topic 24 01-08-2008 11:41 AM
Helmets RANGER1 Gear Talk 3 03-09-2007 02:42 PM
Advertisement
Old 12-07-2007, 11:33 AM   #2
huyzel

Bike(s):
2006 CBR 1000rr

Normally when i stop i glance in my side mirror to see how the person behind me is approaching. normally when ur on a bike people keep distance, sometimes too far where ur the first one at the light and they are soo far behind it doesnt trip of the sensor. there has been a few times where i am stopped and i am looking at them talking on their phone and then brake hard because they didnt pay attention and notice me. people are retarded, helmets do help but i think if drivers are educated more about being aware and whatnot then we wouldnt have this problem. DPS isnt doing a good job regulating rules and establishing standards for training these people how to drive properly. Anyone can take a test and drive around the block. If anyone has gone to BMW's driving school its awesome, you should take your kids! They have a student driving course where they teach braking, accident avoidance, car handling and other stuff. They have a nice track setup with a skid pad to teach students how to handle a car when it starts to lose control on a wet surface. You have some BMW race car drivers who instruct and educate. We had a UPS truck driver who said he learned alot, more than he learn at UPS training. I think everyone has to take driving school that will educate on this level, not drive around town with some instructor who teaches you how to park... theres soo much more than that.
huyzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 11:45 AM   #3
txgsxrbob
THE SH*T STARTER IS BACK

Bike(s):
06 GSXR 1K SOLD !

"Anyone can take a test and drive around the block" True ! I wish there was more EDUCATION for driver awearness !! B/C getting hit sux & broken bones take time to heal ..& so does the rest of the body !
Quote:
Old 12-07-2007, 11:46 AM   #4
Whorenet
Banned

Bike(s):
cbr600, cbrxx 1100 blackbird, kazuma 110 derty, springer forked 1/2 chopper...more to come

User is banned

Whorenet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 11:50 AM   #5
Japawhat02
02 Tona

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
2002 Daytona

i think he has a helmet as he said. Just reitterating (sp???) the point to wear one
Old 12-07-2007, 11:54 AM   #6
txgsxrbob
THE SH*T STARTER IS BACK

Bike(s):
06 GSXR 1K SOLD !

Oh yea got 3 helmets ( SHOEI ) 1 X-11 Bostrom repl. 1 Rf1000 picote 1rf900 picote
if i see someone that has one lying around or has sold their bike i'll buy it b/c you never know WHO wants to ride & needs to borrow a helmet !
Quote:
Old 12-07-2007, 12:10 PM   #7
Whorenet
Banned

Bike(s):
cbr600, cbrxx 1100 blackbird, kazuma 110 derty, springer forked 1/2 chopper...more to come

User is banned

Whorenet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 12:11 PM   #8
txgsxrbob
THE SH*T STARTER IS BACK

Bike(s):
06 GSXR 1K SOLD !

Cool !!!!!!!!
+1
Quote:
Old 12-07-2007, 01:56 PM   #9
Princess
MH's ex fake mod

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 4

Bike(s):
06 ZX-6R
09 Santa Cruz SL
Serotta Legend Ti

Send a message via AIM to Princess
Quote:
Originally Posted by huyzel View Post
Normally when i stop i glance in my side mirror to see how the person behind me is approaching. normally when ur on a bike people keep distance, sometimes too far where ur the first one at the light and they are soo far behind it doesnt trip of the sensor. there has been a few times where i am stopped and i am looking at them talking on their phone and then brake hard because they didnt pay attention and notice me. people are retarded, helmets do help but i think if drivers are educated more about being aware and whatnot then we wouldnt have this problem. DPS isnt doing a good job regulating rules and establishing standards for training these people how to drive properly. Anyone can take a test and drive around the block. If anyone has gone to BMW's driving school its awesome, you should take your kids! They have a student driving course where they teach braking, accident avoidance, car handling and other stuff. They have a nice track setup with a skid pad to teach students how to handle a car when it starts to lose control on a wet surface. You have some BMW race car drivers who instruct and educate. We had a UPS truck driver who said he learned alot, more than he learn at UPS training. I think everyone has to take driving school that will educate on this level, not drive around town with some instructor who teaches you how to park... theres soo much more than that.

I've heard about that school from two different people. Supposedly they are GREAT at teaching car control Isn't it for people 18 and under or something though? My moms boss had his two sons do it, and they absolutely loved it.
Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 08:51 PM   #10
txgsxrbob
THE SH*T STARTER IS BACK

Bike(s):
06 GSXR 1K SOLD !

Bridgestone also offers a course on this as well .
Quote:
Old 12-07-2007, 08:59 PM   #11
Candie

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 9 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2013 Ninja 300
07 CBR 600RR (sold)
09 Ninja 250 (sold)
04 CBR 600RR (sold)
04 GSXR 600 (sold)

My worst fear is to be hit from behind! The whole time I am stopped at a light I am looking at my mirrors to watch for approaching cars! This comes from when I first started riding I almost got rear ended by a DUMPTRUCK! The only thing that saved my life is that the was another lane for him to veer into at the last second.
Old 12-07-2007, 09:48 PM   #12
bumblebee
Yeah I'm flippin' YOU off

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
'74 Suzuki GT380
'82 XS650 StreetTracker
'10 Ducati Streetfighter
'83 Yamaha Seca 900

Thats why 1st gear is down. So if you have to stomp it in gear to move suddenly it's easy.
Bevo- "I lack skillz"
bumblebee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 04:21 AM   #13
tyme2move

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
'99 Katana 600
'87 yamaha virago 535

I have a teen that just started driving. One very simple thing that I did with her... Remember traveling as a kid and counting yellow cars (or whatever)? I started asking her to count bikes. Both as a passenger and later as the driver. I would count also & we would compare numbers at the end of the trip. It sounds stupid, but she is much more aware of bikes. She always looks again. She has made it her mission to encourage her young friends to do the same. We included m/c training with her traditional drivers ed. We also have a NO tolerance cell rule. She gets caught talking or texting while driving, we sell the car.
tyme2move is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 08:09 AM   #14
txgsxrbob
THE SH*T STARTER IS BACK

Bike(s):
06 GSXR 1K SOLD !

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyme2move View Post
I have a teen that just started driving. One very simple thing that I did with her... Remember traveling as a kid and counting yellow cars (or whatever)? I started asking her to count bikes. Both as a passenger and later as the driver. I would count also & we would compare numbers at the end of the trip. It sounds stupid, but she is much more aware of bikes. She always looks again. She has made it her mission to encourage her young friends to do the same. We included m/c training with her traditional drivers ed. We also have a NO tolerance cell rule. She gets caught talking or texting while driving, we sell the car.
Great job dad!!
Quote:

Advertisement