MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 12-07-2007, 03:33 AM   #1
Greg in H-town

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
'07 ZZR600

Is it just me, or is Spring-Cypress becoming a deathtrap?

I gotta wonder. I've lived in this area since '91; long enough to remember Spring-Cypress being a little 2-laner and the most common hazard was a farm tractor doing .5 mph in front of formerly moving traffic. Now the section between 249 and Kuykendahl is really starting to bother me. It's 4 lanes, or 5 if you drive down the turn lane like everyone else, and I've seen 3 wrecks already this week. That's not including tonight when a car pulled out of a side road right in front of me in the right lane. I guess I'll have to start wearing my gear in the car now. I would have been on the bike for sure 'cause it was a nice day - good timing that I dropped it off at Patrick's at lunch. Seriously, WTF is up with people on this road now?!

Last edited by Greg in H-town; 12-07-2007 at 03:37 AM.
Greg in H-town is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
MS3 Mechanic Near 249/Spring Cypress specterunseen Car Forum 1 03-29-2012 11:39 AM
Truck stolen Cypress 290 and spring cypress area Drewston General Discussion (Moto Related) 91 03-17-2009 03:03 PM
tow truck for spring cypress area blends General Discussion (Moto Related) 5 09-30-2008 02:22 PM
Rider down last night...Spring Cypress txferrari General Discussion (Moto Related) 11 08-13-2008 09:58 AM
Who lives on the NW side? Cypress... off 290 spring cypress Barker Cypress? NoFear Events, Meets and Rides 53 06-07-2007 09:42 PM
Advertisement
Old 12-07-2007, 08:40 AM   #2
JaxBlack
Louder than you!

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
06 GSXR 750 - Stolen
Too Many to list

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg in H-town View Post
I gotta wonder. I've lived in this area since '91; long enough to remember Spring-Cypress being a little 2-laner and the most common hazard was a farm tractor doing .5 mph in front of formerly moving traffic. Now the section between 249 and Kuykendahl is really starting to bother me. It's 4 lanes, or 5 if you drive down the turn lane like everyone else, and I've seen 3 wrecks already this week. That's not including tonight when a car pulled out of a side road right in front of me in the right lane. I guess I'll have to start wearing my gear in the car now. I would have been on the bike for sure 'cause it was a nice day - good timing that I dropped it off at Patrick's at lunch. Seriously, WTF is up with people on this road now?!
I ride that stretch of road twice a day on the bike and then who knows how many times in the work truck. I'm constantly seeing cars in the ditches. People don't seem to realize that Spring-Cypress is soo dangerous. It does have some nice sweeps but the crazies that drive in the center turn lane doing 90 scare the out of me.

Greg, My name is Greg as well and I live at 2920 and Falvel and work for Klein School District out of Central Office btw. Where at in Klein do you live? There are quite a few MotoHouston members within 5 miles of you/me.
JaxBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 08:53 AM   #3
03.gsxr.1000

Bike(s):
2003 GSXR 1000

+1

Live as if you will die tomorrow.
03.gsxr.1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 08:57 AM   #4
Scorpio
Twist the Grip, Let'r Rip

Feedback Rating: (6)

Trackdays: 10+

450x sumo (sold)
RC51 (sold)
Honda Grom 125(sold)

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to Scorpio
They need to make some serious changes on the requirements to get a license. Too many people on the road that do not belong behind a wheel. I got rear ended yesterday after my light turned green and got rolling the guy behind me starts looking for something on his floor board while accellerating.. WTF? Would'nt you know it, no insurance FTW!!
I'm really starting to dislike Houston for this reason. Seriously thinking about moving out in the country just to get away from you morons! haha. j/k. not really
Scorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 09:04 AM   #5
CLETUS
Jungle Racing

I am at Grant and Spring Cypress on the other side of 249. I take that route on my way to Patrick's but it seems to okay to me. Maybe I'm a little faster than the flow of traffic because I don't like to get caught up in the mix when the people in the back start getting antys to move up to the front. Everybody wants the pole position.

Daytona FTW!!!
Old 12-07-2007, 10:05 AM   #6
txferrari
Banned

Feedback Rating: (2)

User is banned

txferrari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 10:38 AM   #7
stunterdude

Feedback Rating: (6)

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
04 zx10,03 gsxr600,2001 f4i, 03 gsxr 1000, 2006 yzf250,2004crf150,2006 crf 450r,2001 929,06 klx 110

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to stunterdude
word spring cypress and 290 is nuts!!! back in tha day there wasnt out there but cows, same thing with barkercypress
Old 12-07-2007, 10:44 AM   #8
Whorenet
Banned

Bike(s):
cbr600, cbrxx 1100 blackbird, kazuma 110 derty, springer forked 1/2 chopper...more to come

User is banned

Whorenet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 10:54 AM   #9
Greg in H-town

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
'07 ZZR600

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxBlack View Post
Greg, My name is Greg as well and I live at 2920 and Falvel and work for Klein School District out of Central Office btw. Where at in Klein do you live? There are quite a few MotoHouston members within 5 miles of you/me.
Hey neighbor! I'm close to Champion Forest and S-C.

One of the more interesting spots is S-C and 249 in the mornings. Big pile-up of cars trying to turn southbound on 249 - I usually take the back roads to get around that. I work @ HP so there are a couple ways to go from where I live. Some parts of S-C are still okay, but the parts I'm always on are where they're devloping land like crazy - it's going to get worse.
Greg in H-town is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 01:07 PM   #10
Diablomann
A Real Nice Guy?

Bike(s):
2006 CBR 1000rr
My Wife

It's the Drugs!!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	26nov14-it-takes-all-kinds.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	44.0 KB
ID:	7842  

A Legend in the Minds of a Few !!!
Diablomann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 02:46 PM   #11
Ulric
Dirty Old

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
05 FZ1

..think it's jsut one of those days. Rankin.. had some twit start to run a red to turn right onto rankin.
Had he not stopped and I not been paying attention, bike would have been in his lap.
OTW to lunch, got on to I-45, bout 200 ft after merging into the freeway. A genius in a van starts pulling into my lane from my left. My torso/helmet perfectly visible through the passenger side window of the front seat. Held down the horn, he saw me, never moved back over, jsut slowed down then fnished coming over. I added another 15mph and got out of that general area at that point.

Advertisement