Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.


FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Reply
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 12-13-2007, 02:36 PM   #81
NoFear
Busa Chairman of Posing
 
NoFear's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Texas USA
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 7,375












Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinchy View Post
I had that approach to the corner with the knee down shot as my screen saver for ages...... awesome bike control but check out Ruben Xaus right at the end of this clip, he takes it to another level...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yL9pV...eature=related
How COOL ????

Yeah its cool but Gixxerbill is Bettter Vote Gixxerbill for Mod
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by melissa claire View Post
Busa club. why did you not mention that? that makes things all nice and peachy
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength-
NoFear is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Counter Steering your bike Blanco General Discussion (Moto Related) 43 07-05-2012 11:42 AM
Is Counter-Steering Real? xtelevisionset General Discussion (Moto Related) 6 04-06-2012 09:16 PM
Counter Strike 1.6 tcmatt Off Topic 4 11-19-2006 07:03 PM
counter strike? bunxx Off Topic 31 07-12-2006 05:42 PM
Advertisement
Old 12-13-2007, 02:43 PM   #82
Grinchy
Senior Member
 
Grinchy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Seabrook
Feedback Rating: (15)
Posts: 15,535

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'prila









Quote:
Originally Posted by NoFear View Post
Yeah its cool but Gixxerbill is Bettter Vote Gixxerbill for Mod
If he's cooler than that... where do I sign ??
Grinchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 02:44 PM   #83
NoFear
Busa Chairman of Posing
 
NoFear's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Texas USA
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 7,375












Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinchy View Post
If he's cooler than that... where do I sign ??
http://www.motohouston.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=37106
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by melissa claire View Post
Busa club. why did you not mention that? that makes things all nice and peachy
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength-
NoFear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 02:51 PM   #84
Grinchy
Senior Member
 
Grinchy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Seabrook
Feedback Rating: (15)
Posts: 15,535

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'prila









Quote:
Originally Posted by NoFear View Post
Done.
Quote:
Changing the image of a Goldwing one wheelie at a time
This I gotta see
Grinchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 03:01 PM   #85
texlurch
Official MH tag inspector
 
texlurch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Smack dab in the middle of Colo
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 10,236

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
04 ZX-10R
02 ZX-12R BOTM 12/11
00 ZX-12R
07 GSXR 600
00 TL1000R BOTM 07/12 (sold)

Member Garage





On a quick chicane or left-right-left etc., at any speed above a crawl you are going to have to basically throw yourself and the bike to make it change direction quickly. Especially on the gas, as the front end gets light and it doesn't want to change directions easily.

To move around on the seat quicker, use the of your feet on the pegs, and leverage with the calf and legs muscles so your is basically floating above the seat. You'll basically jump from hanging off one side to the other in one movement, pulling/pushing the bars at the same time. The trick is not to pop up your head and shoulders, but to move across the tank and seat with your arms and legs. That is what your buds are doing that you are missing...

Very strenuous on a tight section if done repeatedly.

And if you are getting arm pump you need to work on strenghtening the stomach and "core" area; your arms should just be working the bars and levers, not supporting the body weight.

Also skip the caffine and drink plenty of water, as well as an aspirin in the morning to alleviate cramping.


RELAX......
__________________
sig pic
A wise man once told me: "No matter how fine she is, just remember. Somewhere, someone is tired of her !"
.
.... Home of the "Black Ninja's"
texlurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 04:07 PM   #86
Grinchy
Senior Member
 
Grinchy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Seabrook
Feedback Rating: (15)
Posts: 15,535

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'prila









Quote:
Originally Posted by texlurch View Post
On a quick chicane or left-right-left etc., at any speed above a crawl you are going to have to basically throw yourself and the bike to make it change direction quickly. Especially on the gas, as the front end gets light and it doesn't want to change directions easily.

To move around on the seat quicker, use the of your feet on the pegs, and leverage with the calf and legs muscles so your is basically floating above the seat. You'll basically jump from hanging off one side to the other in one movement, pulling/pushing the bars at the same time. The trick is not to pop up your head and shoulders, but to move across the tank and seat with your arms and legs. That is what your buds are doing that you are missing...

Very strenuous on a tight section if done repeatedly.

And if you are getting arm pump you need to work on strenghtening the stomach and "core" area; your arms should just be working the bars and levers, not supporting the body weight.

Also skip the caffine and drink plenty of water, as well as an aspirin in the morning to alleviate cramping.


RELAX......
You offer a lot of good advice texlurch and I really hope I get to share a track with you and some of the others on here next year.
Quote:
strenghtening the stomach and "core" area
You sound just like my old woman
I know my fitness needs some serious work and that will be my No.1 New Year Resolution (again !! ).
Grinchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 04:37 PM   #87
texlurch
Official MH tag inspector
 
texlurch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Smack dab in the middle of Colo
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 10,236

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
04 ZX-10R
02 ZX-12R BOTM 12/11
00 ZX-12R
07 GSXR 600
00 TL1000R BOTM 07/12 (sold)

Member Garage





Yeah, my stomach ain't what it used to be back in the USMC days... I just blame it on the cancer op..

My last track day was about... 24 years ago... LOL!!!! Those bikes you had to really toss around.. 550 lbs doesn't change direction real easy. Guess that's why I like my Bandit as opposed to these racer replicas.
__________________
sig pic
A wise man once told me: "No matter how fine she is, just remember. Somewhere, someone is tired of her !"
.
.... Home of the "Black Ninja's"
texlurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 05:36 AM   #88
maxgs
Guest
 
Posts: n/a







Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by Faylaricia View Post
Grinchy, still learning myself and being way below your level, I find this thread really interesting. For the quest of knowledge, I am trying to understand though.

I am trying to figure out if we have a turn here that is just like the turn you described having problems with. Except from swapping out of TWS (Texas World Speedway)' horseshoe 9 into the lefthander 10, I am not familiar with one. And that one is nowhere near as tight.

When TWS (Texas World Speedway) has the short course, that would be the closest as it changes those turns into a snake and a guy I know had to work real hard throwing his Gixxer1000 back and forth. He actually won that race that day and I remember asking him how he did it but don't remember the answer, it was a year ago. Next time I see him, I'll ask him again.

Maybe some other folks here remember the short course at TWS (Texas World Speedway) and how they handled those switchbacks or coming out of the horseshoe in general?
I think the Bus Stop at MSR Houston is that type of corner....
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 10:40 AM   #89
Faylaricia
The Comtesse
 
Faylaricia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: NW Houston
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 2,965

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'02 Honda VFR800









Quote:
Originally Posted by maxgs View Post
I think the Bus Stop at MSR Houston is that type of corner....
I thought about the turns at MSR-H but the turn Grinchy showed is really tight and fast.
__________________
Patricia
banner2 sm
Faylaricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 11:04 AM   #90
maxgs
Guest
 
Posts: n/a







Member Garage





It's tight.... but not fast when I'm trying to ride it....
  Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Advertisement


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:35 AM.


MotoHouston.com is not responsible for the content posted by users.
Privacy Policy