MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 12-05-2007, 04:49 PM   #21
jetcycles
DRIVEN BY ANGER

Feedback Rating: (14)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
1950 Chevy Deluxe
1980 Honda CT70
1987 Kawasaki 650SX
1996 Honda Z50

i see your sig says stroked!?!? what kind of motor work are you looking for? We built a couple of high HP Vic's last year. I've ridden a few of those bikes that will break the rear tire loose at 70mph with a hard twist of the wrist!!! If you have any questions about mapping, tuning, exhaust, or anything else feel free to shoot me a PM anytime and I'll see what i can do for ya. Nice bike BTW, don't let the closing Victory dealers scare you away either. Victory's floor plan(i don't know how sales or floor tax works) sucks and that's why dealers are letting them go, not b/c of the bikes. Our floor tax on vic's was more than all of the kawasaki units combined last year!!!!! Keep the pics coming. . .
Old 12-05-2007, 05:46 PM   #22
Petro
C'Mon... Building 7

Feedback Rating: (2)

I want to do an S&S 106 kit, u know of other options? i think lloydz has a kit too but i cant find much stuff on it yet.
Petro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 09:31 PM   #23
Steve O Chap
Big Hero

Feedback Rating: (0)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
1995 Suzuki RF600 - Sold
1993 Honda Shadow - Sold
2001 CBR F4i - Sold

My brother inlaw has the Kingpin (I think) and it's super fine... I'll be riding it in a few weeks when we go visit them at Christmas time. I'd get a Victory over a Harley any day!
Old 12-06-2007, 09:15 AM   #24
Petro
C'Mon... Building 7

Feedback Rating: (2)

i prefer victory over harley as well... more reliable, more power, more american made, cheaper... i love my vic!
Petro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 01:02 PM   #25
tlrmike

Feedback Rating: (0)

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2008 Triumph Tiger 1050
2005 Honda CRF450R

I sold Vics for about 4 years, and I was the local "Victory Ambassador" for a couple of those. I've put a lot of miles on all of the models. They are by far the nicest of the big cruisers that I've played with. The 250 kit is available but I can't find the website right now, I'll see if I can get ahold of my old shop and get a link from someone. I know that on the 2007 and newer machines you can put an Avon 200 in there without any swap. If you go with the lowering kit you may get some tire rub at the top of the fender if you ride two up. The stock tire sizes on rhe KP make it the best everyday rider of the lineup. I put most of my Vic miles on a 2006 Hammer and loved it, the steering is a little heavy due to the 250 rear but it's easy to get used to. My last shop bike was a 2007 KP deluxe completely blacked out with Black ceramic coated Santa Rosa Vee Twin Swoops and the factory airbox swap from the 2000 model SC. The 106 S&S kit is supposed to make some great tourque but it was still being introduced when I quit selling Vics so I'm not sure how well it actually works.

On the VMC there are a lot of fanatical owners who can advise you on the best products for the money. If you PM me I can give you a couple of E-mail addresses for local ride leaders and shops that can take care of your machine without wiping out your wallet.

Like jetcycles said, don't let the closuer of a couple of shops bother you. Polaris/Victory is pretty heavy handed with the dealers and stocking a full line up cost way more than competing brands in interest alone.

Slower than I used to be, faster than I need to be!!!
tlrmike is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement