MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 12-04-2007, 01:39 PM   #21
NoFear
Busa Chairman of Posing

Feedback Rating: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoostJunky View Post
I'm definitely going to write something that I want shared with my loved ones when i die. I don't think i'll post it here, but it'll be someplace where those people can read it.
I read an article about funny tattoos that people get to freak out the medical examiner like "Don't cut here on" your chest ... there are others DOH! cant remember them
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength-
NoFear is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
google motohouston, click motohouston.com/forums link get sent to url2short.info/... urbanXJ Forum Updates & Feedback 16 03-20-2012 02:43 PM
I have decided to never speak to my ex again. Squoddybody Off Topic 83 06-26-2011 07:47 AM
speak it michelle!! RACER X The Circus 29 10-30-2008 11:45 PM
Do they speak for you? Sifu-TZ The Circus 5 05-13-2008 03:17 PM
Do You Speak English? ArturoC Off Topic 4 07-20-2006 06:54 PM
Advertisement
Old 12-04-2007, 01:50 PM   #22
AliceInChains02

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
nada

A better way to help the world with your death would be to donate your body to science or register for organ donation
AliceInChains02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 01:53 PM   #23
bubby
Candie's Pit Crew!

Feedback Rating: (5)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'07 600RR, '09 Kawi 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulric View Post
Logan man...

...it is nice and refreshing for someone to step forward and say if/when they want it all to be public knowledge.
My lid's off to you mon.
+1
Old 12-04-2007, 01:54 PM   #24
BoostJunky

my mom always told me to never be an organ donor cause when they won't try their best to save you. I'm sure that is against any and every code of ethics there is, but i dunno.... I'm just not comfortable with it... I went to a funeral about 6 years ago, a friend of mine died in a car accident. this was the same time that little boy got burned over 90% of his body. They donated her skin to help him. She had an open casket in her prom dress, everything below her neck was wrapped in bandages. It was disturbing to see, i don't want anyone seeing me that way. I'd like my body intact please if i'm lucky enough to die with it in one piece
BoostJunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 01:57 PM   #25
AliceInChains02

Bike(s):
nada

Quote:
my mom always told me to never be an organ donor cause when they won't try their best to save you. I'm sure that is against any and every code of ethics there is, but i dunno.... I'm just not comfortable with it... I went to a funeral about 6 years ago, a friend of mine died in a car accident. this was the same time that little boy got burned over 90% of his body. They donated her skin to help him. She had an open casket in her prom dress, everything below her neck was wrapped in bandages. It was disturbing to see, i don't want anyone seeing me that way. I'd like my body intact please if i'm lucky enough to die with it in one piece
You don't think it would be worth leaving an ugly corpse to possibly save someone's life?
Old 12-04-2007, 02:05 PM   #26
BoostJunky

It's my personal choice to be buried as i die. I do my part to contribute to society and help those in need. But, that's my wish and i don't feel like i'm a bad person for it
Old 12-04-2007, 02:09 PM   #27
Mr. Unassailable
1-20-2013-Change we need

Feedback Rating: (6)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swift E View Post
I know if it happens to me you Freaks are going to discuss it in detail anyhow.
And I won't be up for discussion on the matter.
ya, everyone is just waiting for me to be a statistic... :/:

yall fukrs would eat up a story about me crashing and burning.

but as long as someone tears up the streets on my memorial ride i'll be happy. stunter's memorial rides are the best
Old 12-04-2007, 02:12 PM   #28
AliceInChains02

Bike(s):
nada

Quote:
It's my personal choice to be buried as i die. I do my part to contribute to society and help those in need. But, that's my wish and i don't feel like i'm a bad person for it
I know, but if you were sitting there, hypothetically, and you had this little girl burned to , you would say "No, I think I'd rather keep my skin, although I'm dead and it serves me no real, non-superficial purpose"

Maybe you're not a bad person for that, but I bet that little girl would feel differently.
Old 12-04-2007, 02:21 PM   #29
logan5

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
2001 SV 650 (my track ), 2005 SV 650s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulric View Post
Logan man...

I owe you a beer or 3.. :-)

Many of the 'accidents' around here do get dicussed somewhat, but there has been a lot of trying to keep it quiet and on the down low. I can respect that as concern for the families etc, but it is nice and refreshing for someone to step forward and say if/when they want it all to be public knowledge.
My lid's off to you mon.
Hey, no prob ...

I guess my point is that whatever the case, whatever the circumstance of my demise ... someone can learn from it. And if someone does learn from it, then that's awesome. I just wanted to make it clear that when the time comes, that there are no questions on whether or not I wanted the details discussed. Just go ahead and do it ... and learn from it... use me as an example of what not to do, or of what can happen.
Old 12-04-2007, 02:31 PM   #30
BoostJunky

it's a double edged sword. Either compromise my final wishes or deny a little girl life. But i guess once i'm dead, my wishes are null and void.
Old 12-04-2007, 03:20 PM   #31
Mellow Moon
Super Nurse

Bike(s):
'93 Katana

Send a message via MSN to Mellow Moon
Quote:
That's not true about NOT trying our best to save someone if they're an organ donor. Most of the time in an emergency situation we do not know if someone is a donor or not. At work AFTER a person has died we have so many hours to to get a consent for organ donation. & when they harvest skin, they usually take it from the back, , and thighs; these ares can be covered if the person is not wearing a prom dress.
Sorry about your friend.
Old 12-04-2007, 03:23 PM   #32
gixxerbill

Bike(s):
K5 GSXR 1000
2008 Goldwing 1832 cc
Bourget Low Blow Chopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by logan5 View Post
Okay, I know this is a little morbid ... but here's the deal. If for whatever reason I end up buying it on my bike, I would like the information of what happend posted. If it was because of something stupid, then perhaps I can serve as an example of what not to do. If it was because of something completely out of my control, then perhaps someone can learn from it and be more aware out on the streets.

I've talked this over with my wife and she agrees. I know that there are others that don't think the same, but that's cool with me. This is just something I've been thinking about for some time now is all.

Thanks
Thomas
Sheesh I do something stupid everytime I ride. Someone would have to really keep up.
Old 12-04-2007, 03:30 PM   #33
andre3k
I see dead people...

Feedback Rating: (1)

already got my burial plan paid for through the dept.
have 2 plots at forest lawn cemetary
i'm an organ donor, and being cremated afterwards
I hate it when people dont plan for their deaths and leave it for the family to take care of. Its your responsibility when you are alive to take care of these things. No one in my family will have to come out of pocket for anything.
andre3k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 03:35 PM   #34
gixxerbill

Bike(s):
K5 GSXR 1000
2008 Goldwing 1832 cc
Bourget Low Blow Chopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by andre3k View Post
already got my burial plan paid for through the dept.
have 2 plots at forest lawn cemetary
i'm an organ donor, and being cremated afterwards
I hate it when people dont plan for their deaths and leave it for the family to take care of. Its your responsibility when you are alive to take care of these things. No one in my family will have to come out of pocket for anything.
That sounds expensive I told my wife to sell the motor out of my gixxer here on motohouston. Then tie me to the gixxer frame and sick my in Lake Travis so I can really trip out a begginner scubadiver that would be fun even though I will be dead and not be able to enjoy the reaction.
Old 12-04-2007, 03:47 PM   #35
tyme2move

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
'99 Katana 600
'87 yamaha virago 535

I know I'm new MH and I don't know anyone yet, but I would want my story posted. Knowledge is power. If someone could learn from what happened to me, then @ least something good came out of it. Maybe not pics tho, wouldn't want my kiddos seeing their momma smashed all over the road!
tyme2move is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 03:53 PM   #36
Crystalline
Can't ride now...

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 1

Send a message via Yahoo to Crystalline
I am an organ donor, but my parent's don't like it. My mom told me if something were to happen she would not allow for my organs to be donated. I don't mind the thought of donating but I want my eyes.
Old 12-04-2007, 04:00 PM   #37
gixxerbill

Bike(s):
K5 GSXR 1000
2008 Goldwing 1832 cc
Bourget Low Blow Chopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystalline View Post
I am an organ donor, but my parent's don't like it. My mom told me if something were to happen she would not allow for my organs to be donated. I don't mind the thought of donating but I want my eyes.
See this has always worried me about the donor thing. Maybe they need a kidney real bad and I am not quite dead yet but nobody is looking next thing I know I get a perminate pillow nap.
Old 12-04-2007, 04:09 PM   #38
Crystalline
Can't ride now...

Quote:
Originally Posted by gixxerbill View Post
See this has always worried me about the donor thing. Maybe they need a kidney real bad and I am not quite dead yet but nobody is looking next thing I know I get a perminate pillow nap.
Nah that is just a scare. They have to go through a process.
Old 12-04-2007, 04:09 PM   #39
AliceInChains02

Bike(s):
nada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystalline View Post
Why do they not like the idea of you donating your organs?
Old 12-04-2007, 04:11 PM   #40
Crystalline
Can't ride now...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceInChains02 View Post
Why do they not like the idea of you donating your organs?
Because my mom is a very possessive woman!
She just does not like it, and I think it is for a closure type reason. I am not too sure, but I have asked her if I am not married, I would like for her to respect with wishes. She still hates it though.

Advertisement