MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Information > Events, Meets and Rides
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 12-06-2007, 10:13 PM   #41
exlaverda

Feedback Rating: (0)

Honestly, thanks to Rob for the "recruitement" and all the guys that showed up today....I explained to Rob and I'll explain it again...

The PGR does not care "what you ride, or even if you ride"... and we DO MEAN it!! It was really cool to see some SB's (finally) and I really hope you felt as welcome as you always are...

We do this for the family and not for us, the "division" between SB and cruiser riders is a really overplayed myth and one that I grow very tired of. But honestly, does it really matter?

Jeff
'76 Laverda3CL....
PGR rider, and proud of it!
exlaverda is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
PATRIOT GUARD MISSION Houston, Texas ScooterTrash General Discussion (Moto Related) 11 04-05-2006 07:23 AM
Another Patriot Guard Mission ScooterTrash General Discussion (Moto Related) 4 03-15-2006 03:08 PM
Patriot Guard mission complete ScooterTrash General Discussion (Moto Related) 34 03-10-2006 11:31 AM
Patriot Guard Mission - Thursday ScooterTrash General Discussion (Moto Related) 23 03-08-2006 10:31 PM
Patriot Guard Mission tomorrow in greenville texas ScooterTrash Cruisers Lounge 2 02-22-2006 11:28 PM
Advertisement
Old 12-06-2007, 10:29 PM   #42
jerzeyfresh17

Bike(s):
2005 Yamaha R6

Send a message via AIM to jerzeyfresh17
this was a great turnout and the family was very greatful. i was the constable in the pick-up leading the heard
jerzeyfresh17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 11:37 PM   #43
M5022

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2008 KLR 685

its really hard to put into words. i have read about the PGR in another forum and was on the fence about joining, not knowing what to expect and not thinking i would have enough time anyway. so thanks again rob919 for pushing my lazy over and will make as many missions as i can. i hope many others will join in as well. pm or email me anytime...
M5022 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 11:50 PM   #44
FlipSideUp
This Flip Rides Nekkid

Feedback Rating: (13)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'03 Honda 919 Hornet
'89 Yamaha FZR400 Trackbike
'83 Honda CB650SC Nighthawk
'07 Step-2 (ok, it's my daughter's)

Standing so close behind the family when Spc. Garrison came home, made it alot more personal for me to see and feel the sacrifice this American family made. I feel that one day, as we get older and look back on these historic times in our lives, with this War on Terror between the Middle-East and the West, we will do so with a sense of humbled pride that we did what we could to honor these men, these women, and their families, who gave up so much for both you and I. Even then, I wish I could do more.

Rob
FlipSideUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 03:08 AM   #45
Stacy
One day at a time!

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
99 Ninja 250
04 Honda f4i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob919 View Post
Standing so close behind the family when Spc. Garrison came home, made it alot more personal for me to see and feel the sacrifice this American family made. I feel that one day, as we get older and look back on these historic times in our lives, with this War on Terror between the Middle-East and the West, we will do so with a sense of humbled pride that we did what we could to honor these men, these women, and their families, who gave up so much for both you and I. Even then, I wish I could do more.

Rob
Exactly !! I couldn't agree more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by exlaverda
We do this for the family and not for us, the "division" between SB and cruiser riders is a really overplayed myth and one that I grow very tired of. But honestly, does it really matter?
I heard this many times today...errr yesterday, as well as many that were very glad to see more show up on sportbikes. It's all about being there and showing our support for the families. I hope that more people on here sportbike riders or not will seriously consider showing up for the next PGR mission. I promise that you will walk away with a sense of awe and humbleness, and pride for all the men and women that risk there lifes serving our country.
Old 12-07-2007, 03:20 AM   #46
J-Row
Gold MemberŪ

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
2007 1000RR, 2006 1000RR (STOLEN)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob919 View Post

Rob
+1 Very well put Rob
PGR #121546
J-Row is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 02:55 PM   #47
FlipSideUp
This Flip Rides Nekkid

Bike(s):
'03 Honda 919 Hornet

Shameless BUMP.

If anyone can make tomorrow's ride, please join us!

It should be over by 1230, since the service will be at the Funeral Home, and the Cemetery is right behind. So we'll mostly be there to hold the flags.
Old 12-07-2007, 10:51 PM   #48
BrokebackCowboy
RAT FIGHTER

cant go have work :(

I know CerealKiller who knows Cogs69 who knows Squoddybody who knows Whorenet who knows McKee who knows Sugz who knows Meaner who knows Mala who knows Cody who knows Hardcoresteeevveee!
BrokebackCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 12:48 AM   #49
exlaverda

Rob, see ya tomorrow bro!

Hopefully the weather will hold out and weekend rides usually have a big turnout. Sadly, this will be my 39th KIA mission in TX. Quite a few of my friends have asked why I do this, since I'm not a veteran... My response is simple and I will share it with all of you.

I have my Great-Grandfather's (10x circa 1768 - 1784) personal diary (yes, the original) and he served under Gen. George Washington back during the revolutionary war. His 12/25/1776 entry consisted of two words...

"crossed delaware"

Just in case you don't know the signifigance of that date...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Washington's_crossing_of_the_Delaware

every small step and action we take affects the future... in this case, the simplicity of the words makes it clear they had no clue as to the ramifications later. Even the smallest action of doing what's right, can blossom into changing the world. The PGR is a prime example of this. I have the big 3x5 flag on my bike and I will fly it proudly just running around town and even cross-country..
codc140

Anyway, my family legacy/history(it get's even cooler both forward and backwards in time) pretty much is the reason I joined the PGR.

Hope to see as many there tomorrow as possible.

Jeff
'76 Laverda3CL....
PGR rider, and proud of it!
exlaverda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 09:17 PM   #50
FlipSideUp
This Flip Rides Nekkid

Bike(s):
'03 Honda 919 Hornet

Pics from today's mission

Old 12-09-2007, 07:41 PM   #51
shortys217
Weekend Rider

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
07 Honda CBR600RR White (sold)
07 Honda CBR600RR Black
2007 Harley Street Glide

Send a message via AIM to shortys217
great experience. I will be attending many more in the future, and for those of you who are worried about fitting in. Its a big family and they welcome everyone who is willing to show respect for those who gave there lives and time to serve our country. Thanks for the experience and i will never forget that day.
Old 12-09-2007, 07:57 PM   #52
cashtown
Lawyers Guns and Money

Bike(s):
'05 Hayabusa '98 ZX-6E

Think y'all might have been in the Chronicle today.

Fat Freddy says, "Busas are for posing!"
cashtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 11:59 PM   #53
shortys217
Weekend Rider

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
07 Honda CBR600RR White (sold)
07 Honda CBR600RR Black
2007 Harley Street Glide

Send a message via AIM to shortys217
for those interested channel 2 did a report on the service.

http://www.click2houston.com/video/14806438/index.html
Old 12-10-2007, 12:02 AM   #54
J-Row
Gold MemberŪ

Bike(s):
2007 1000RR, 2006 1000RR (STOLEN)

Hey rob post up about anymore missions in the future. If im not working u know ill be there!!
PGR #121546
J-Row is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 12:18 AM   #55
FlipSideUp
This Flip Rides Nekkid

Bike(s):
'03 Honda 919 Hornet

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Row View Post
Hey rob post up about anymore missions in the future. If im not working u know ill be there!!
You bet I will.
Old 12-10-2007, 10:31 AM   #56
BrokebackCowboy
RAT FIGHTER

count me in on the next also

I know CerealKiller who knows Cogs69 who knows Squoddybody who knows Whorenet who knows McKee who knows Sugz who knows Meaner who knows Mala who knows Cody who knows Hardcoresteeevveee!
BrokebackCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 10:41 PM   #57
txwrestle123

Bike(s):
07' CBR 600rr

Private 2nd class Guillory here, finally joined the site! Awesome experience. Yall dont know how much things like this, or even just a handshake and thank you means to us. Thank yall are for ur support, and i strongly recommend that everyone take part in patriot guard! They are an amazing group of some of the friendliest, and most respectable people i have ever met. bless America!
txwrestle123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 06:45 AM   #58
XRCajun
Cool Senior Member

Feedback Rating: (1)

Trackdays: 5

Bike(s):
2001 Honda XR650R Track Motard (sold), 2006 Honda 919, 2007 Honda CBR600RR(sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by txwrestle123 View Post
Private 2nd class Guillory here, finally joined the site! Awesome experience. Yall dont know how much things like this, or even just a handshake and thank you means to us. Thank yall are for ur support, and i strongly recommend that everyone take part in patriot guard! They are an amazing group of some of the friendliest, and most respectable people i have ever met. bless America!
Hey welcome aboard Jack! I'm glad you joined MH now you can keep in touch with all of us and what's going on here in our riding world when you go back to Fort Bragg, and even from Iraq.

That's by Boy ya'll!

This mission was truly amazing no matter what you think about the war, the military or politics, standing behind and for a family under these circumstances is truly an act to be honored.

Rob919 I thank you for leading in this effort !

Jim
XRCajun is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement