MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.


FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Reply
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 12-04-2007, 05:03 PM   #81
DvlRacer
cerca trova
 
DvlRacer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Feedback Rating: (52)
Posts: 16,446







Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by MACK954 View Post
what?
The thing is, DA's and cops may try and charge you with something for having your gun on you. But TEXAS LAW overrules that, and you can't actually be charged. But you will waste a decent amount of money and time fighting it which is bullshit
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob78 View Post
nothing goes unmoderated....
"And so, this tiny metal deathtrap becomes known as the ultimate form of freedom. Like a steampunk cyborg, man and machine fuse to make a symbol of what you can become when style and speed matter more than safety and efficiency. Is it any wonder that some people just get mad every time they see a motorcycle go by? Because it challenges everything they have, while proving to them that they donít have enough."
DvlRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Carrying work clothes on bike hoss1158 General Discussion (Moto Related) 33 09-27-2012 10:52 AM
Need a hand towing/carrying a bike, USMC083 Off Topic 2 04-06-2012 01:54 PM
Carrying in your vehicle & carrying on your motorcycle F4injected Fresnel Phan Attorney At Law 12 10-25-2011 01:26 AM
Carrying while riding??? Help please. rugbystar13 General Discussion (Moto Related) 26 02-26-2009 10:16 PM
FIREARM REFRESHER Homebrew Off Topic 6 04-26-2007 08:36 PM
Advertisement
Old 12-04-2007, 05:12 PM   #82
Moody
Holy Smokes!
 
Moody's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Feedback Rating: (4)
Posts: 14,685


Bike(s):
281









Quote:
Originally Posted by DvlRacer View Post
The thing is, DA's and cops may try and charge you with something for having your gun on you. But TEXAS LAW overrules that, and you can't actually be charged. But you will waste a decent amount of money and time fighting it which is bullshit
__________________

Open your eyes and reclaim the freedom you were born with. - Moody
Moody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 05:19 PM   #83
Capafool
QuePaso Racing
 
Capafool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: SW Side (SugarLand/Houston Border)
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,706

Experience: 7 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'01 Gixxer 1k (Track)
'10 Duc 848 (Street)
'05 Drz-110 (Tarded)







Send a message via AIM to Capafool Send a message via MSN to Capafool
just print out this thread and carry it with you at all times and if they ask just say you read it on MH!
__________________
~Gianni~
CMRA Sprints #486
TMGP Endurance #46
"Scientists discover the world that exists; Engineers create the world that never was."
Capafool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 05:24 PM   #84
jus10
Loading...
 
jus10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 2,160

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
KX TooNifty









Quote:
Originally Posted by Capafool View Post
just print out this thread and carry it with you at all times and if they ask just say you read it on MH!
Or carry a printout of the ACTUAL law in your wallet. If ever in question, refer back to that. I can guarantee a cop will NOT take too kindly to you "telling him how to do his job" but it may still give you some ground to work with. At least letting him know that you are aware of your rights and the laws.
jus10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 05:25 PM   #85
less_than_coop
SBN BMF
 
less_than_coop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Kerr County
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 6,261

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
GSXR1000
2005 KTM 250sxf








Quote:
Originally Posted by jus10 View Post
Or carry a printout of the ACTUAL law in your wallet. If ever in question, refer back to that. I can guarantee a cop will NOT take too kindly to you "telling him how to do his job" but it may still give you some ground to work with. At least letting him know that you are aware of your rights and the laws.
or just get a CHL.
__________________
"Faster, Faster! Until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death."--Dr. Hunter S. Thompson.
sausagecreature

Khaki shirt.
less_than_coop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 05:33 PM   #86
CLETUS
Jungle Racing
 
CLETUS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Cypress, TX
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,275












Quote:
Originally Posted by less_than_coop View Post
or just get a CHL.

Is my point...
KISS FTW!!

__________________
Only a biker knows why a dog sticks his head out of a car window!
CLETUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 05:37 PM   #87
Capafool
QuePaso Racing
 
Capafool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: SW Side (SugarLand/Houston Border)
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,706

Experience: 7 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'01 Gixxer 1k (Track)
'10 Duc 848 (Street)
'05 Drz-110 (Tarded)







Send a message via AIM to Capafool Send a message via MSN to Capafool
Quote:
Originally Posted by less_than_coop View Post
or just get a CHL.
true.

how much is it anyway? license app + class... :dontknow:

not everyone might have the $$ available... printing is cheaper.
__________________
~Gianni~
CMRA Sprints #486
TMGP Endurance #46
"Scientists discover the world that exists; Engineers create the world that never was."
Capafool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 05:39 PM   #88
less_than_coop
SBN BMF
 
less_than_coop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Kerr County
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 6,261

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
GSXR1000
2005 KTM 250sxf








Quote:
Originally Posted by Capafool View Post
true.

how much is it anyway? license + class... :dontknow:

not everyone might have the $$ available... printing is cheaper.
$75
most places will do everything for you down to the pics.
Its like defensive driving, this is the state minimum that they must charge, so thats the price everybody charges.
__________________
"Faster, Faster! Until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death."--Dr. Hunter S. Thompson.
sausagecreature

Khaki shirt.
less_than_coop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 05:41 PM   #89
less_than_coop
SBN BMF
 
less_than_coop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Kerr County
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 6,261

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
GSXR1000
2005 KTM 250sxf








the license app is...uhm... i dont rightly recall. first time goes for 4 years though. its around $250 i believe.
__________________
"Faster, Faster! Until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death."--Dr. Hunter S. Thompson.
sausagecreature

Khaki shirt.
less_than_coop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 06:21 PM   #90
aboo007
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Pearland, TX
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 1,055

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
2014 CB1000R Black/Gold
'04 ZX636R (sold)
07' Honda CBR 600rr
07' Honda 919 (sold)
04' Suzuki Intruder (sold)






Send a message via Yahoo to aboo007
I paid $125.00 for mine.... everything included pictures.. paper work..and training.. you gotta bring your own gun/ammo.. or rent one and buy the ammo...

it's located off I-10 and witty rd. in the spring branch area..
__________________
" Only a life lived for others is worth living " - Albert Einstein
aboo007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 06:43 PM   #91
Capafool
QuePaso Racing
 
Capafool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: SW Side (SugarLand/Houston Border)
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,706

Experience: 7 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'01 Gixxer 1k (Track)
'10 Duc 848 (Street)
'05 Drz-110 (Tarded)







Send a message via AIM to Capafool Send a message via MSN to Capafool
Quote:
Originally Posted by aboo007 View Post
I paid $125.00 for mine.... everything included pictures.. paper work..and training.. you gotta bring your own gun/ammo.. or rent one and buy the ammo...
That included the application too?
__________________
~Gianni~
CMRA Sprints #486
TMGP Endurance #46
"Scientists discover the world that exists; Engineers create the world that never was."
Capafool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 06:47 PM   #92
DvlRacer
cerca trova
 
DvlRacer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Feedback Rating: (52)
Posts: 16,446







Member Garage





Nope, you're looking at $300+ by the time you have a CHL card in your wallet.

I have a printed copy of the laws given to me by and ATF agent with all his credentials that I keep in my safe(under 21 handgun owner).
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob78 View Post
nothing goes unmoderated....
"And so, this tiny metal deathtrap becomes known as the ultimate form of freedom. Like a steampunk cyborg, man and machine fuse to make a symbol of what you can become when style and speed matter more than safety and efficiency. Is it any wonder that some people just get mad every time they see a motorcycle go by? Because it challenges everything they have, while proving to them that they donít have enough."
DvlRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 07:47 PM   #93
CBRGuy954
don't talk about it
 
CBRGuy954's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Katy
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 58


Bike(s):
2003 CBR 954rr









The traveling thing is where they can get you....it is traveling to go through 3counties, not just across town.
CBRGuy954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 07:52 PM   #94
DvlRacer
cerca trova
 
DvlRacer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Feedback Rating: (52)
Posts: 16,446







Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by CBRGuy954 View Post
The traveling thing is where they can get you....it is traveling to go through 3counties, not just across town.
OH MY ! Does ANYONE actually bother to read the rest of the thread before posting? You people are killing me
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob78 View Post
nothing goes unmoderated....
"And so, this tiny metal deathtrap becomes known as the ultimate form of freedom. Like a steampunk cyborg, man and machine fuse to make a symbol of what you can become when style and speed matter more than safety and efficiency. Is it any wonder that some people just get mad every time they see a motorcycle go by? Because it challenges everything they have, while proving to them that they donít have enough."
DvlRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 07:53 PM   #95
CBRGuy954
don't talk about it
 
CBRGuy954's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Katy
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 58


Bike(s):
2003 CBR 954rr









Sorry i was reading but my son was playing with the mouse...guess I missed it....LOL
CBRGuy954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 07:59 PM   #96
CLETUS
Jungle Racing
 
CLETUS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Cypress, TX
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,275












Everything was $145 for me to get mine. That included class, range, instructor, application, etc, etc...
The costs are regulated by the state.
That was two and a half years ago.
__________________
Only a biker knows why a dog sticks his head out of a car window!
CLETUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 09:12 PM   #97
miraculous dan
Quality tuna fish.
 
miraculous dan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Tampa, Fl
Feedback Rating: (6)
Posts: 4,584


Bike(s):
Honda VFR









The cost for a CHL is $140 to the state plus whatever fee the instructor wants to charge (normal fee is $75-$100).
miraculous dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 11:21 AM   #98
jettech01
Motorcyle Rider not owner
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 99

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+











Quote:
Originally Posted by MACK954 View Post
you can carry on your bike if concealed. you can carry on your persons on the bike if completly concealed. no gray area's there if they see it you get busted. well ticketed anyway. depends. i have already been faced with tis issue.

You can only carry with a CHL or you must follow all of the Texas laws for Legal transport of firearms either in an Auto or on a M/C, if I am not mistaken, it is security of the firearm "SEPERATE" from the ammunition with both in secure container's!

I figure if you are old enough and have no past criminal record then getting a CHL is a no brainer, otherwise you are asking for trouble from a LEO when stopped and you do not have the proper documentation for the way you are "carrying"
jettech01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 11:33 AM   #99
CLETUS
Jungle Racing
 
CLETUS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Cypress, TX
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,275












Quote:
Originally Posted by jettech01 View Post
You can only carry with a CHL or you must follow all of the Texas laws for Legal transport of firearms either in an Auto or on a M/C, if I am not mistaken, it is security of the firearm "SEPERATE" from the ammunition with both in secure container's!

I figure if you are old enough and have no past criminal record then getting a CHL is a no brainer, otherwise you are asking for trouble from a LEO when stopped and you do not have the proper documentation for the way you are "carrying"
I think that I have seen you riding in the area. There can't be that many new BMW's around. If it is you (95% sure bet) you have a very nice bike.


Sorry for whoring up the thread.
__________________
Only a biker knows why a dog sticks his head out of a car window!
CLETUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 11:54 AM   #100
jettech01
Motorcyle Rider not owner
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 99

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+











Quote:
Originally Posted by CLETUS View Post
I think that I have seen you riding in the area. There can't be that many new BMW's around. If it is you (95% sure bet) you have a very nice bike.


Sorry for whoring up the thread.
Thanks Cletus........apprieciate the comment.
sorry for the post ......
jettech01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Advertisement


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:32 AM.


MotoHouston.com is not responsible for the content posted by users.
Privacy Policy