Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 12-03-2007, 06:59 PM   #21
witchdoctor575
certified shutterbug

Feedback Rating: (11)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
07 triumph D675(sold)
05 busa LE (sold)
03 rc51 (sold)
99 superhawk (wrecked)
01 shadow 1100 (sold)

Member Garage

cortech
witchdoctor575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Bike transportation to Halllett bluepine Taking it to the Track 0 04-30-2014 11:37 AM
Is your bike your only transportation? eltejano General Discussion (Moto Related) 50 05-20-2011 05:39 PM
Bike Transportation to Track Days bluroketr6 Taking it to the Track 27 10-14-2008 08:52 PM
Bike transportation to TWS (Texas World Speedway) on 9/27 needed mike Ridesmart Motorcycle School 2 09-21-2008 08:17 PM
Transportation of bike From FL to TX BlackWidow General Discussion (Moto Related) 38 12-25-2006 05:25 PM
Advertisement
Old 12-03-2007, 07:04 PM   #22
SPHINX
Ominous Misanthropia

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
2006 ZX6R
2005 749S

Send a message via AIM to SPHINX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilmckee View Post
they live with their parents

and have no friends

SPHINX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 07:06 PM   #23
dirtyrice411
Staying Stoned

Bike(s):
03 R1 Limited Edition.

Send a message via AIM to dirtyrice411
no need for a tank bag. all i have is a really greaty Swiss Army backpack and that is all i have ever needed. I do it all groceries, work, you name it, other than hauling big . the trick is to just plan ahead for the worst before you do anything. now when I do take the car that I have to work(once every 3 months) i still have to take my backpack with me. everywhere I go.

BTW: I have my own home. Haven't even talked to my parents in 7 years. and if it really came down to it. my great friends that I call my family will always come thru.
Old 12-03-2007, 07:06 PM   #24
Lucifer
The Last Enigma

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
Ducati 1098
Honda CRF 50

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Sparkles View Post
Thanks for the heads up all. I was thinking about making my bike my daily because the price of gas is just sky rocketing. Any good recommendations on tank bags?
How much are you looking to spend? they can range from $25 all the way to $200( highest I have seen)
Old 12-03-2007, 07:12 PM   #25
SPHINX
Ominous Misanthropia

Bike(s):
2006 ZX6R
2005 749S

Send a message via AIM to SPHINX
WELL, ACTUALLY WHEN I NEED A CAGE I BORROW MY PARENT'S, MY FRIENDS ALL HAVE CARS SO WHEN WE GO OUT I GO WITH THEM. WHEN I NEED TO CARRY SOMETHING I PUT IT IN MY BACKPACK OR SECURE IT TO THE BACK SEAT WITH A NET...ITS NOT SUCH A HASSLE REALLY. HOWEVER, I'M THINKING ABOUT BUYING A SMALL CARS JUST FOR EMERGENCIES... LIKE PICKING UP PARTS FOR MY BIKE. HAHA
SPHINX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 10:22 PM   #26
Chris24
Thread Savior

Bike(s):
1979 Yamaha XS1100 Special

Send a message via AIM to Chris24 Send a message via MSN to Chris24 Send a message via Yahoo to Chris24
shoot. forget about bringing groceries home...

this guy makes the deliveries TO the grocery store!!!!!

motordupe24
Old 12-04-2007, 08:11 AM   #27
Jay
Deleted

Experience: 5 years

Well...........i put myself in that situation.......... im relocating to the woodlands in a month.........my dept. is getting transferred to conroe....so im living with my mom right now.......im looking for an apt........., my family needed money, so i sold my explorer........my bike is the only means of transportation i have......... im getting a car in a couple of weeks.........sucks though riding everyday........ when i go to the gym i have my stuff in a backpack
Old 12-04-2007, 11:32 PM   #28
Mr. Sparkles

Bike(s):
03 GSX-R 600

For those of you who ride to the gym with bags. How do you feel about riding with a duffel bag? The duffel bag is my gym bag and I haven';t owned a backpack since high school. My gym isn't far but I would hate for my duffel to be flapping behind me, smacking my with the master lock.

And if I were to get a tank bag, I probably wouldn't want to spend more than $50. Or is that too low?
Mr. Sparkles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 01:14 AM   #29
Lucifer
The Last Enigma

Bike(s):
Ducati 1098
Honda CRF 50

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Sparkles View Post
For those of you who ride to the gym with bags. How do you feel about riding with a duffel bag? The duffel bag is my gym bag and I haven';t owned a backpack since high school. My gym isn't far but I would hate for my duffel to be flapping behind me, smacking my with the master lock.

And if I were to get a tank bag, I probably wouldn't want to spend more than $50. Or is that too low?
I got an almost new Swiss back pack that I was going to use to carry stuff in but never got around to using it. If your intrested I'll sell it to you for $40
Old 12-05-2007, 05:56 AM   #30
dirtyrice411
Staying Stoned

Bike(s):
03 R1 Limited Edition.

Send a message via AIM to dirtyrice411
Quote:
Originally Posted by HOUSTONDUC View Post
I got an almost new Swiss back pack that I was going to use to carry stuff in but never got around to using it. If your intrested I'll sell it to you for $40
if he doesn't buy it for forty I'll toss you 30 and take it off your hands. I love my swiss back pack and would like to get another as a back up. give me a call any day from 3pm until 7am. 832-492-3008. name is allen.
Old 12-06-2007, 10:51 AM   #31
gumby1220

Bike(s):
'92 katana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilmckee View Post
they live with their parents

and have no friends
not true in my case i totaled my car and was left with only my bike can't afford to get a car just yet. but how i shop and do things that would require a car is use my girlfriends car who i live with. i do use my bike to get to and from work everyday rain, cold, and all. i have a backpack for which i carry my change of clothes in to change at work. i don't mind it at all b/c i do enjoy the ride everyday.
gumby1220 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement