Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Off Topic (everything else) > Off Topic
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 12-03-2007, 02:14 PM   #61
mekrew
naaaaaw i sayin

Feedback Rating: (4)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 10+

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to mekrew
what happened to using pepper spray or the good ol rodney king baton ....

more and more tazer stories, and unless this lady was 6'5 250 i doubt the cop had to really use the tazer
mekrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
for the armchair cops RACER X Off Topic 1 09-10-2014 07:22 AM
!! cops, cops, cops... floyd600 Off Topic 6 11-05-2010 10:19 AM
one for GB, Cops chasing Cops RACER X Off Topic 11 02-16-2009 01:26 PM
hey cops! no really... Whorenet Off Topic 71 12-19-2007 11:42 AM
hey hey motorcycle test!!! OutlawDCustoMs Off Topic 21 11-09-2005 11:26 AM
Advertisement
Old 12-03-2007, 02:19 PM   #62
Sifu-TZ
#1 Satans' Buttnuggets

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
Husky 450SMR motard

Ok cowboys, here's how it goes. there is in law enforcement something called the "use of force continuim". it starts with verbal orders, the physical force, the dog/baton/pepper/taser, the gun. the officer can only go 1 step up from the offender, as in you can't get shot for telling him to f off. however, if you've never tried to handcuff someone who REALLY does'nt want it, you'll end up beating the out of them. the training is VERY limited, OJT is what you get the most. and not all cops make arrests, some are paperwork monkeys that don't wrestle with people very often. if you are my size and don't want to wear cuffs, it's gonna be a long fight. these "methods" people assume cops have are pretty limited and don't go very far. since leaving law enforcement I kept up martial arts training, and it would take a half-dozen cops without batons/tasers to cuff me.
I usually hand cops their on stuff like this, but she probably deserved it

Fastline motorcycle school grid marshal.
SBN. We're coming for your wife and daughters.
Sifu-TZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 02:20 PM   #63
jetcycles
DRIVEN BY ANGER

Feedback Rating: (14)

Bike(s):
1950 Chevy Deluxe
1980 Honda CT70
1987 Kawasaki 650SX
1996 Honda Z50

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomLSTD View Post
Not that easy. That used to be the case, now we have "minimum standards" which seem to get lower and lower and lower all the time. If yall could see some of the folks who get in under "minimum standards" these days, you'd see why that is a lost cause- all to get women in to the services.

My take on this thing is that I have seen many "women" who were more manly than a lot of men I know, and I have seen some very big strong women get crazy before. I also have seen women with superhuman strenth from whatever their elicite substances of choice may be.

Here's the appearance I get by reading that article: Woman shows up with kid, doesn't want responsibility for raising him/her and wants to turn the kid in like a Wal-Mart return. Cop asks a few simple questions, woman, likely stoned or "coming down" gets frust and causes a ruckus. She gets warned many times to calm the eff down and doesn't. Officers taze her dumb . She then becomes compliant. End of story.
As for the tazer "killing" someone with a bad ticker, well, sure, it's possible. But for the "armchair" doctors out there, do you realize the difference in energy delivery between a "defibrillator" and a tazer? Look up "joules" and get back to me. After that, realize that defibrillation starts at 200 of 'em (except some bi-phasic units which are a bit lower).

Realize this too: simple restraints have "caused" deaths before too. Just about anything, in the right mixture/ timing, can cause your demise.

My bet is she deserved getting tazed, and shouldn't have acted an to get tazed while she was pregnant anyway. Any reasonable person can deduce that.

sounds plausible, but the side of the story we were presented with said nothing along those lines, and it was the officers side of the story to boot.

maybe he shouldn't have grabbed her while she was leaving? had she committed a crime that needed restraining? i must have missed that part
Old 12-03-2007, 02:23 PM   #64
Crystalline
Can't ride now...

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 1

Send a message via Yahoo to Crystalline
Quote:
My bet is she deserved getting tazed, and shouldn't have acted an to get tazed while she was pregnant anyway. Any reasonable person can deduce that.
She was pregnant. Period.

And the reasonable person thing, I didn't pick that up in the article because she is, uhh, trying to give her baby away!
Old 12-03-2007, 02:26 PM   #65
witchdoctor575
certified shutterbug

Feedback Rating: (11)

Bike(s):
07 triumph D675(sold)
05 busa LE (sold)
03 rc51 (sold)
99 superhawk (wrecked)
01 shadow 1100 (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Not that easy. That used to be the case, now we have "minimum standards" which seem to get lower and lower and lower all the time. If yall could see some of the folks who get in under "minimum standards" these days, you'd see why that is a lost cause- all to get women in to the services.

My take on this thing is that I have seen many "women" who were more manly than a lot of men I know, and I have seen some very big strong women get crazy before. I also have seen women with superhuman strenth from whatever their elicite substances of choice may be.

Here's the appearance I get by reading that article: Woman shows up with kid, doesn't want responsibility for raising him/her and wants to turn the kid in like a Wal-Mart return. Cop asks a few simple questions, woman, likely stoned or "coming down" gets frust and causes a ruckus. She gets warned many times to calm the eff down and doesn't. Officers taze her dumb . She then becomes compliant. End of story.

As for the tazer "killing" someone with a bad ticker, well, sure, it's possible. But for the "armchair" doctors out there, do you realize the difference in energy delivery between a "defibrillator" and a tazer? Look up "joules" and get back to me. After that, realize that defibrillation starts at 200 of 'em (except some bi-phasic units which are a bit lower).

Realize this too: simple restraints have "caused" deaths before too. Just about anything, in the right mixture/ timing, can cause your demise.

you do realize that when you defib someone THEY ARE ALREADY DEAD! The heart is already stopped...you are trying to start it again.
witchdoctor575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 02:26 PM   #66
Cherub
FTP

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
06 Raven R6

Member Garage

Send a message via MSN to Cherub Send a message via Yahoo to Cherub
Quote:

yea ill have to look that up cause there is a max on tazers

~Dream as if you live forever. Live as if you die today~ James Dean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sifu-TZ View Post
It makes me cry, but real tears not the ones out of my like usual.
Cherub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 02:29 PM   #67
witchdoctor575
certified shutterbug

Bike(s):
07 triumph D675(sold)
05 busa LE (sold)
03 rc51 (sold)
99 superhawk (wrecked)
01 shadow 1100 (sold)

Member Garage

oh and by the way...if you taser someone with a pacemaker...it kills the unit and that can cause heart failure. I would say it is a little harder to tell if some has a pacemaker installed than let's say pregnant?
Old 12-03-2007, 02:31 PM   #68
Mr. Unassailable
1-20-2013-Change we need

Feedback Rating: (6)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by RACER X View Post
thats assuming you think this officer did wrong.
so you would of shot the too?
Old 12-03-2007, 02:32 PM   #69
witchdoctor575
certified shutterbug

Bike(s):
07 triumph D675(sold)
05 busa LE (sold)
03 rc51 (sold)
99 superhawk (wrecked)
01 shadow 1100 (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Unassailable View Post
so you would of shot the too?
Old 12-03-2007, 02:33 PM   #70
tomLSTD
LSTD Mob Cappo

Feedback Rating: (2)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetcycles
maybe he shouldn't have grabbed her while she was leaving? had she committed a crime that needed restraining? i must have missed that part
I think it's been clearly demonstrated that no state (shown so far) carries the "Baby Moses" law up to 12 mos- so the "crime" would be abandonment, followed by not complying with an officer's orders.

Like was mentioned earlier- if the scenario played out that the PD let the woman leave, then she kills the kid(s), what a stink it would be on the PD. At the point it appeared to escalate to, the safety of the child was at stake, and that's why the Mother should have been restrained. Besides the fact that I'd bet $10 she was on something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystalline
She was pregnant. Period.

And the reasonable person thing, I didn't pick that up in the article because she is, uhh, trying to give her baby away!
Bingo! She wasn't reasonable. Very good, thanks for proving my point That's probably why her dumb got tazed.

Regarding the "she was pregnant" thing, how many women have you seen or know that were pregnant and you didn't know it? I know a woman that I see at work frequently that is ~30 mos along, and she looks exactly like she did 8 mos ago!

I also have seen many instances of women claiming pregnancy who weren't...
Old 12-03-2007, 02:33 PM   #71
Mr. Unassailable
1-20-2013-Change we need

Feedback Rating: (6)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by witchdoctor575 View Post
i wouldnt have, i'm just saying it sounds like he would have.
Old 12-03-2007, 02:35 PM   #72
witchdoctor575
certified shutterbug

Bike(s):
07 triumph D675(sold)
05 busa LE (sold)
03 rc51 (sold)
99 superhawk (wrecked)
01 shadow 1100 (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Unassailable View Post
i wouldnt have, i'm just saying it sounds like he would have.

I know...still funny though
Old 12-03-2007, 02:35 PM   #73
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Feedback Rating: (26)

Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
'14 Honda GROM! 181cc of fury!!
'10 Aprilia Tuono Factory-SOLD
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold

Quote:
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Make America Great Again!
RACER X is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 02:37 PM   #74
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Feedback Rating: (26)

Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
'14 Honda GROM! 181cc of fury!!
'10 Aprilia Tuono Factory-SOLD
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold

Quote:
that is ~30 mos along, and she looks exactly like she did 8 mos ago!
huh, 9 mos is full term, 30 mos........
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Make America Great Again!
RACER X is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 02:38 PM   #75
tomLSTD
LSTD Mob Cappo

Member Garage

Quote:
you do realize that when you defib someone THEY ARE ALREADY DEAD! The heart is already stopped...you are trying to start it again.
No, but that's what TV would have you believe.

Cardiac standstill (when the heart is stopped) is "Asystole", which you do NOT defibrillate.

Ventricular Fibrillation is the most common time to defibrillate, and is characterized physically as the heart "quivering" in contractions, not producing a pulse- however sometimes is does.

You also defibrillate for SVT (Supra Ventricular Tachycardia) and VT (Ventricular Tachycardia), both of which produce a pulse. You can also be awake when you get defibrillated, such as with SVT and "synchronized cardioversion". Yeah, it's more than a tazer.

Some pacemakers can be affected by the tazer, as I said, with the right mixture, death can occur from lots of things.
Old 12-03-2007, 02:40 PM   #76
tomLSTD
LSTD Mob Cappo

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by RACER X View Post
huh, 9 mos is full term, 30 mos........
I meant weeks... my bad.
Old 12-03-2007, 02:43 PM   #77
witchdoctor575
certified shutterbug

Bike(s):
07 triumph D675(sold)
05 busa LE (sold)
03 rc51 (sold)
99 superhawk (wrecked)
01 shadow 1100 (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
No, but that's what TV would have you believe.

Cardiac standstill (when the heart is stopped) is "Asystole", which you do NOT defibrillate.

Ventricular Fibrillation is the most common time to defibrillate, and is characterized physically as the heart "quivering" in contractions, not producing a pulse- however sometimes is does.

You also defibrillate for SVT (Supra Ventricular Tachycardia) and VT (Ventricular Tachycardia), both of which produce a pulse. You can also be awake when you get defibrillated, such as with SVT and "synchronized cardioversion". Yeah, it's more than a tazer.

Some pacemakers can be affected by the tazer, as I said, with the right mixture, death can occur from lots of things.
does it matter on the fine definitions? if a person is in need to be defibed...they are dieing...no healthy person is in need to be shocked. I'll get my wife to chime in on this when she gets up...she is a cardiac transplant recovery nurse at st.lukes.
Old 12-03-2007, 03:28 PM   #78
tomLSTD
LSTD Mob Cappo

Member Garage

Quote:
if a person is in need to be defibed...they are dieing...no healthy person is in need to be shocked. I'll get my wife to chime in on this when she gets up...she is a cardiac transplant recovery nurse at st.lukes.
Yeah, like I said too though, the difference in the energy is huge between a tazer and a defibrillation. You're the one who said the "heart was stopped and they're dead", not me. Besides, plenty of folks "look" healthy and have a problem with SVT or A-Fib RVR but they'll get defibrillated. Heck, Akeem Olagawan (sp?) had A-fib RVR, and I think he looks pretty healthy. Even with a synchronized cardioversion at the lower energy levels is way more than the tazer.

But let's not get off-track. Seems pretty obvious that something happened to get this person tazed to me. I'm sure the PD isn't running around at the station, knowing they're being taped, and indescriminately tazing folks for shidds-n-giggles.
Old 12-03-2007, 03:36 PM   #79
MadseasoN

Feedback Rating: (1)

The fact that she was trying to leave isn't the issue here. The excessive force is the issue.
MadseasoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 03:43 PM   #80
tomLSTD
LSTD Mob Cappo

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by denhou1974 View Post
The fact that she was trying to leave isn't the issue here. The excessive force is the issue.
Your opinion is you think it was excessive, the PD who used the force didn't.

Advertisement