MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 12-02-2007, 01:46 PM   #101
PoPoRiderRR
NO MO BIKE guy!

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
2007 CBR 1000 RR *** SOLD ***

Oh the one that told me to F off or something??? Well obviously the Old saying that before you talk about someone " walk a mile in their shoes " doesnt mean crud to you... and if It wasnt true it wouldnt be used a million times over and have survived for so long... It doesnt matter bro what you think honestly... it is what it is... you keep doing your thing and ill keep doing mine...
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Police officer BEGINS chase by using his bumper. Mr. Unassailable Off Topic 19 12-02-2007 02:09 PM
Advertisement
Old 12-02-2007, 01:51 PM   #102
PoPoRiderRR
NO MO BIKE guy!

Bike(s):

you all can pick cops apart but not for one second can any of you all ( unless you have done it ) can say what is really going thru our minds... again... you all have to do it/ live it/ breath it/ see it and experience all of it and then you as citizens can begin to understand what we see... read the above post of many people... the cops are condemned from the get go and many act as if they were experts on the subject... again its not about being right or wrong its about walking a mile in someone elses shoes...
Old 12-02-2007, 02:03 PM   #103
AliceInChains02

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
nada

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoPoRiderRR View Post
you all can pick cops apart but not for one second can any of you all ( unless you have done it ) can say what is really going thru our minds... again... you all have to do it/ live it/ breath it/ see it and experience all of it and then you as citizens can begin to understand what we see... read the above post of many people... the cops are condemned from the get go and many act as if they were experts on the subject... again its not about being right or wrong its about walking a mile in someone elses shoes...
Maybe we should have a MotoHouston Humanitarian-Police Awareness Ride?

Can you become a cop with a deferred felony?
Can you be full time Internal Affairs?
AliceInChains02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 02:08 PM   #104
PoPoRiderRR
NO MO BIKE guy!

Bike(s):

No you cant... I know you were being sarcastic but just in case... All I want is for you to know that there are a lot of good cops out there that are willing to really help you all out and are willing to lay down their lives for ya'll... Im one of them...
Old 12-02-2007, 02:13 PM   #105
AliceInChains02

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
nada

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoPoRiderRR View Post
No you cant... I know you were being sarcastic but just in case... All I want is for you to know that there are a lot of good cops out there that are willing to really help you all out and are willing to lay down their lives for ya'll... Im one of them...
I'm not one to say all cops are bad. I've had a problem with cops since I was probably about 5 years old, but I do realize that there are good ones.

But, if you really wanted to understand my perspective, you'd have to walk a mile in my shoes as well.
AliceInChains02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 02:23 PM   #106
PoPoRiderRR
NO MO BIKE guy!

Bike(s):

what size shoes do u have???
Old 12-02-2007, 02:55 PM   #107
MadseasoN

Feedback Rating: (1)

Trackdays: 10+

"Allen said the officer then got out of his patrol car and screamed expletives while pulling and tugging at the unconscious Muzquiz, yelling, 'You don't know if that girl is going to live.'"

^ That's kind of ironic considering that it was the officer that rammed the motorcycle and caused the injuries to the girl.

Passenger on back has no control of the situation (sort of like a hostage). Should we kill the hostages so that the bad guy doesn't get away? If he's alone, then yeah maybe it would be justified. Not with a passenger on back though. That's just ignorant.
MadseasoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 02:59 PM   #108
Solracer
MotoHouston.com Owner.

Feedback Rating: (9)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2006 YZF600R (Street)
2009 Iron 883

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by denhou1974 View Post
"Allen said the officer then got out of his patrol car and screamed expletives while pulling and tugging at the unconscious Muzquiz, yelling, 'You don't know if that girl is going to live.'"

^ That's kind of ironic considering that it was the officer that rammed the motorcycle and caused the injuries to the girl.

Passenger on back has no control of the situation (sort of like a hostage). Should we kill the hostages so that the bad guy doesn't get away? If he's alone, then yeah maybe it would be justified. Not with a passenger on back though. That's just ignorant.

dude, read the thread, the girl wasnt on the bike...
Old 12-02-2007, 03:02 PM   #109
PoPoRiderRR
NO MO BIKE guy!

Bike(s):

You think he rammed the bike... again you were not the cop... you were not the rider... what you see in the video and what I see are 2 different things... that is what I am saying... you are assuming you know that what is on the video is the cop ramming the car... I see him over shooting the turn ( as he as being prob told by dispatch that the rider was coming down that street ) then he over corrected the rider saw it and tried to correct aswell... boom...
Old 12-02-2007, 03:17 PM   #110
kstrs
Grrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!

Bike(s):
Some

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRxGRUBZx View Post
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=07e_1196490851 ... if he had this guys skill he would not even be in that situation..
My new f_ckin hero.

If your is worth nothing more than a ticket, I guess you run. Do it with a passenger & your truly a piece of .

I'm glad the dumbass thugs bike is prolly totaled & have no sympathy for him, hope the girl comes out ok & finds better friends.

Props to cops who encounter human debris daily & are expected to never make mistakes.... I seriously could never have the patience for that job.
kstrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 04:41 PM   #111
SRG

Bike(s):
Suzuki GSX-R1000

I agree with Solracer, if you run from the cops, then all bets are off.
DON'T RUN!!!
SRG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 04:46 PM   #112
PoPoRiderRR
NO MO BIKE guy!

Bike(s):

so what are you trying to say trdvet???
Old 12-02-2007, 04:53 PM   #113
Jimmy
Get Low, Get Fast

Bike(s):
R1

Send a message via Yahoo to Jimmy
Thumbs down

With no doubt, this cop acted intentionally. It is wrong to jeopardize the lives of civilians in this way - acting like the law, judge, and juror. By acting in such a way, the rider was written off as proven guilty before being able to plead his case. Sadly enough, dumb riders as such put all of us in harms way, but we have to remember the fabric of what makes us great - We are a democracy, and we do have 'DUE' Diligence and a court of law.

The female passenger is truly the victim here. Solracer, imagine you are at home and your daughter is out with friends - not knowing that the rider she is about to get on a bike with has a criminal record. As they run together, the driver runs a light, and then runs from the police - her life is threatened because a cop runs them over. Where is the justice here?

Unanswered questions the cop should have thought of: Is the bike stolen? Is the passenger an accomplice or innocent? Should there be due-process? Is the driver putting innocent civilians on the road at risk . . . .?

I am no expert here and no one has a good answer here as to how this incident should have been answered, but as soon as the radio announced the riders criminal background, then I am sure multiple units would pursue, and possibly a helo would get in pursuit as well. There are trackers now that cops can employ that will trace the suspects even if they do get away.

Like someone said earlier, the bike will eventually run out of gas, and the driver can be brought to justice. I know a lot of cops and I doubt any of them would intentionally hurt anyone unless they felt threatened. If this driver were in a car, I could see a cop plowing into them - rendering the vehicle usless, and not necessarily the riders.

This lone cop was a renegade at most, not like any of the guys I know.
Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 04:59 PM   #114
witchdoctor575
certified shutterbug

Feedback Rating: (11)

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
07 triumph D675(sold)
05 busa LE (sold)
03 rc51 (sold)
99 superhawk (wrecked)
01 shadow 1100 (sold)

Member Garage

I guess the question here now is if they felt the officer was in the right why keep all records sealed and be so hush hush about the event?
witchdoctor575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 05:01 PM   #115
PoPoRiderRR
NO MO BIKE guy!

Bike(s):

wow I just heard you think FOR THE COP... you just stated " Questions the cop should have thought of " weird how you can tell what someone is thinking bc by that statement you are assuming that he did not think those things... since you have that ability can you tell me what the 6 lotto numbers are going to be this wednesday???
Old 12-02-2007, 05:05 PM   #116
Jimmy
Get Low, Get Fast

Bike(s):
R1

PoPoRiderRR - why are you getting offended? You aren't the cop in question. You are validating my point however. . . there are so many things the cop has to ask himself and probably more than we can even comprehend - so with that being said - taking the law into one's own hand is wrong. I am sure you would never do that. The cop in question either just made a mistake acting on impulse, or he was on some trip.
Old 12-02-2007, 05:12 PM   #117
PoPoRiderRR
NO MO BIKE guy!

Bike(s):

Jimmy I agree with many of the publics points... I just dont think you can say as you said " with no doubt, the cop acted intentionally " thats all I am saying... the case I am sure is being reviewed and the outcome will let us know what happened... if he did " intentionally " do it then I think its f- up as I would think someone killing another with a gun is f-up... I DO NOT think its right for someone who was not there and are not in the profession that we are say that THEY KNOW WHAT HAPPENED... This is not a hard point to see
Old 12-02-2007, 05:14 PM   #118
witchdoctor575
certified shutterbug

Bike(s):
07 triumph D675(sold)
05 busa LE (sold)
03 rc51 (sold)
99 superhawk (wrecked)
01 shadow 1100 (sold)

Member Garage

http://www.topix.com/content/kri/200...-watauga-wreck
Old 12-02-2007, 05:15 PM   #119
Jimmy
Get Low, Get Fast

Bike(s):
R1

Agreed, we are all simply making assumptions here with the little we know.

All I know it that I would hate to be a mistaken driver on the same road as the suspects and have the cop plow into me. . . thinking I was the rider on the run!!!
Old 12-02-2007, 05:16 PM   #120
witchdoctor575
certified shutterbug

Bike(s):
07 triumph D675(sold)
05 busa LE (sold)
03 rc51 (sold)
99 superhawk (wrecked)
01 shadow 1100 (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy View Post
Agreed, we are all simply making assumtions here with the little we know.

All I know it that I would hate to be a mistaken driver on the same road as the suspects and have the cop plow into me. . . thinking I was the rider on the run!!!
agreed

Advertisement