MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 12-01-2007, 03:24 PM   #21
pester
Black olives matter

Feedback Rating: (12)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2007 yamaha fz6
1998 yamaha wr 400 motard

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solracer View Post
If everyone billybob on a bike that thought about running from the cops, knew that they would be hit if they ran... I bet alot more bikes wouldnt run.

Im all for using the car to stop the bike, they do it with cars......

If you think your bike makes you superman, I think the cops should show you the cryptonite.....

but hey, thats just me.

Plain and simple. DONT RUN.

but that doesnt change anything thats attempt of murder anyway

you do that to a cop (unintentionally)and your is in jail

not necesary to take a life for a stupid ticket, thats a nonsense

yes they do it to a car, but to a bike?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1sickGixxer View Post
nevermind ima bumbass and ill get my wife 2 do it 2nite.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyt915 View Post
I know enough Spanish to stick you with a knife cabron
pester is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Police officer BEGINS chase by using his bumper. Mr. Unassailable Off Topic 19 12-02-2007 02:09 PM
Advertisement
Old 12-01-2007, 03:26 PM   #22
txgsxrbob
THE SH*T STARTER IS BACK

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
06 GSXR 1K SOLD !
2012 R1 Moto GP replica # 1287

Ok my legs hurt just watching that !!! I don't always agree with running but sometimes i'll take the chewing & ticket for being stupid !!
Quote:
Originally Posted by pester View Post
NOW WHERE IS TXGSXRBOB WHEN WE NEED HIM????
txgsxrbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 03:28 PM   #23
Los
Gang Member

Feedback Rating: (7)

Bike(s):
'04 Yamaha R6 Edition
'14 Yamaha R6

Send a message via AIM to Los
See kids... that is why you only run on the highways
Old 12-01-2007, 03:46 PM   #24
Candie

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 9 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2013 Ninja 300
07 CBR 600RR (sold)
09 Ninja 250 (sold)
04 CBR 600RR (sold)
04 GSXR 600 (sold)

I watched it a few times and I don't think that it was intentional. I think maybe the cop was trying to road black the road and the bike got there fast than he antisipated!

As far as it being intentional. I am not sure how I feel about that. While I think it is STUPID to run. Is it really worth taking a life for a traffic violation?
Old 12-01-2007, 04:14 PM   #25
eastex007

Quote:
Originally Posted by batman007 View Post
He might as well just pull over and open fire on him, because he basically could have killed him anyways.
+1
Old 12-01-2007, 04:16 PM   #26
Ulric
Dirty Old

Bike(s):
05 FZ1

.... the opportunity was there to stop him before he caused someone else to have an accident... or before he had an accident that involved other people.

So, in short... good job. The rider has plenty of opportunity to stop, but instead chose to run putting others at risk in addition to himself. The officer, put an end to it.
Old 12-01-2007, 04:48 PM   #27
MadseasoN

He turned into the oncoming lane in an attempt to block the motorcycle. The bike hit him.
MadseasoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 05:02 PM   #28
andre3k
I see dead people...

The plot thickens...heres one news acct of the incident.

Watauga police officer tried to block motorcyclist in chase, report indicates

September 29, 2007

A North Richland Hills accident report on a collision involving a Watauga officer indicates that the officer tried to block a speeding motorcycle instead of taking evasive action, as the Watauga department has previously said.

The collision occurred in Watauga, but North Richland Hills took the report because it involved a Watauga police officer. The North Richland Hills report was released Thursday under the Texas Public Information Act.

Previously, Watauga Police Lt. Philip Adams told the Star-Telegram that the officer involved in the crash 'took all of the evasive action he could, but he couldn't avoid' the collision.

The Aug. 25 collision involving a patrol car and the motorcycle sent the motorcycle driver and his passenger to the hospital. The passenger, a woman, had life-threatening injuries.

Watauga police referred questions to City Attorney Mark Daniel on Friday. Daniel has declined to talk about the collision, saying the information is 'privileged.' He also declined to release police in-car audio and videotapes of the collision, and the city's policy on pursuit and blocking vehicles. The city has appealed the Star-Telegram's request for the information to the Texas attorney general's office. In his letter to the attorney general, Daniel said that revealing the pursuit policy would tell criminals how to avoid capture in Watauga.

Police have said they were chasing the motorcycle driver, Derek Muzquiz of Watauga, because he ran a red light. They have issued a warrant for his arrest in connection with the collision, documents show. The accident report states Muzquiz was cited for evading arrest with a vehicle.

Muzquiz, 25, says the police car caused the collision.

'There's no doubt in my mind he hit us and intended to knock us off,' Muzquiz said Thursday. 'He nearly killed two people.'

His passenger, Cynthia Arredondo, 31, of North Richland Hills spent nearly a month in the hospital and was transferred to a rehab center last week, Muzquiz said. She could not be reached for comment.

The collision

Muzquiz and Arredondo were riding his black and white Suzuki GSXR about 11 p.m. Aug. 25 when a patrol officer tried to pull them over near Denton Highway and Chapman Road, Watauga police have said.

The North Richland Hills accident report states that Muzquiz fled east on Chapman Road 'at a high rate of speed.' About a mile east, as the motorcycle neared Rufe Snow Drive, another officer coming to aid in the pursuit turned west from Rufe Snow Drive onto Chapman Road.

That officer pulled his patrol car into the eastbound lanes of Chapman Road in an attempt to block the motorcycle, the report states. When the oncoming motorcycle swerved into the opposite lane, the police car swerved into the same lane. The impact threw both riders from the motorcycle.

According to a North Richland Hills officer's map of the collision scene, a helmet and shoe were found about 30 feet away from the impact, and a blood pool was 60 feet from the collision.

Witness Regina Allen was eastbound on Chapman Road, waiting at the light at Rufe Snow Drive. The second squad car, which was not using lights or sirens, made a wide turn onto Chapman Road and nearly sideswiped her, Allen said in a telephone interview Thursday.

'Then I heard a crunch and saw a girl fly through the air and land on her head,' Allen said. 'I looked back and saw the motorcycle laying under the front end of the squad car.'

Allen turned into a nearby gas station and parked her car directly in front of where Muzquiz's body landed, she said. Allen said she saw Muzquiz get up, wander a few feet and collapse. She rolled down her car window and asked the officer if he needed help, she said.

'He told me to get the out of there, and that I was supposed to just go home,' she said.

Allen said the officer then got out of his patrol car and screamed expletives while pulling and tugging at the unconscious Muzquiz, yelling, 'You don't know if that girl is going to live.'

Allen said she stayed in her car until Keller paramedics arrived and calmed her down. They advised her to stay at the scene and talk to North Richland Hills police.

The aftermath

In a closed-door session during Tuesday's Watauga City Council meeting, the council discussed the possibility that the incident could lead to litigation.

Muzquiz, who lives less than a mile from the Police Department, said a police officer came to his house about three weeks ago and told him about the warrant issued in connection with the collision. He said the officer told him the department was going to give him a few more weeks to heal from his injuries before arresting him.

The accident report indicates that Muzquiz's driver's license had been revoked or suspended at the time of the collision and that he had no liability insurance.

Muzquiz did not have active warrants in Tarrant County at the time of the collision, court records show. He has been arrested on suspicion of burglary, assault and unlawfully carrying a weapon, with the most recent case in 2005, court records show.

So far, Muzquiz hasn't been arrested in connection with the August collision. He said he believes that the city of Watauga is trying to cover up the patrol officer's mistakes.

'He used his car as a deadly weapon,' Muzquiz said.
andre3k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 05:53 PM   #29
Solracer
MotoHouston.com Owner.

Feedback Rating: (9)

Bike(s):
2006 YZF600R (Street)
2009 Iron 883

Member Garage

Im sorry, I dont feel bad for that guy one bit.

He ran.....after you run, all bets are off.
Old 12-01-2007, 05:54 PM   #30
MACK
I'm voice activated

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
'03 Honda CBR 954RR Fireblade
'03 Yamaha Zuma 50
'03 Hoe owne 24...biach
and your maum'z!!!

Member Garage

SEEN IT B4...BUT STILL SCARRY!!!
MACK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 06:38 PM   #31
bdubb

Feedback Rating: (10)

Bike(s):
1961 Mustang Thoroughbred
'06 CBR1000RR (SOLD)

Member Garage

Better than killing someones wife, husband, or daughter because he decided to run instead of just pull over for a ticket. The cop doesn't know why someone runs for something so petty and probably assumes half the time that they are hiding something else.

I don't have much sorrow for the guy on the bike. Sucks that it ended that way, but he's alive and hopefully the girl will end up alright. He could have avoided the whole thing by not committing a felony and evading.
bdubb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 06:48 PM   #32
texlurch
Official MH tag inspector

Bike(s):
04 ZX-10R
02 ZX-12R BOTM 12/11
00 ZX-12R
07 GSXR 600
00 TL1000R BOTM 07/12 (sold)

Member Garage

I imagine when he ran this came up:

Muzquiz did not have active warrants in Tarrant County at the time of the collision, court records show. He has been arrested on suspicion of burglary, assault and unlawfully carrying a weapon, with the most recent case in 2005, court records show

At that point they have a guy running, with previous assault and weapons charges, so I don't blame the cop one bit.
.... Home of the "Black Ninja's"
texlurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 06:54 PM   #33
isoplus
should be working

Bike(s):
Honda Shadow VT750C2, Hyosung GV650

The runner is just as responsible for the woman's injuries as the PO IMO.
isoplus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 06:56 PM   #34
Squoddybody
This is me.

Feedback Rating: (5)

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
Custom 2003 SV650

Quote:
Originally Posted by isoplus View Post
The runner is just as responsible for the woman's injuries as the PO IMO.
+1
Squoddybody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 06:57 PM   #35
07CBR

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 4

Bike(s):
08 CBR600, silver
07 CBR600, black (wrecked/sold)
Suzuki DRZ400SM, yellow (sold)

"The second squad car, which was not using lights or sirens, made a wide turn onto Chapman Road and nearly sideswiped her, Allen said"
That's pretty much attempted murder, no lights or siren, how was he supposed to know it was a cop and not an idiot on his side of the road?
07CBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 06:57 PM   #36
Azylum
The Chosen One

Feedback Rating: (23)

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by squoddybody View Post
+1, but stupid people will always run until they learn.
then we take out the stupid people. cull the heard so they dont breed.
Azylum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 07:01 PM   #37
Solracer
MotoHouston.com Owner.

Bike(s):
2006 YZF600R (Street)
2009 Iron 883

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07CBR View Post
"The second squad car, which was not using lights or sirens, made a wide turn onto Chapman Road and nearly sideswiped her, Allen said"
That's pretty much attempted murder, no lights or siren, how was he supposed to know it was a cop and not an idiot on his side of the road?
HE WAS RUNNING! After he ran, it no longer matters. Hes breaking the law...

who cares if joe schmoe doesnt look and turns into his lane.... If he had stopped when they tried to first stop him, he wouldnt have to worry about it.

Why do people take up for the guy?
Old 12-01-2007, 07:04 PM   #38
pester
Black olives matter

Feedback Rating: (12)

Bike(s):
2007 yamaha fz6
1998 yamaha wr 400 motard

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by texlurch View Post
I imagine when he ran this came up:

Muzquiz did not have active warrants in Tarrant County at the time of the collision, court records show. He has been arrested on suspicion of burglary, assault and unlawfully carrying a weapon, with the most recent case in 2005, court records show

At that point they have a guy running, with previous assault and weapons charges, so I don't blame the cop one bit.
but that doesnt give the leo the right to almost kill him, and the passenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1sickGixxer View Post
nevermind ima bumbass and ill get my wife 2 do it 2nite.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyt915 View Post
I know enough Spanish to stick you with a knife cabron
pester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 07:06 PM   #39
texlurch
Official MH tag inspector

Bike(s):
04 ZX-10R
02 ZX-12R BOTM 12/11
00 ZX-12R
07 GSXR 600
00 TL1000R BOTM 07/12 (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Maybe not, but he pretty much waved his rights when he ran in the first place. All bets are off.
.... Home of the "Black Ninja's"
texlurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 07:06 PM   #40
Solracer
MotoHouston.com Owner.

Bike(s):
2006 YZF600R (Street)
2009 Iron 883

Member Garage

Quote:
dude, the guy could have stopped. plain and simple

instead he was like, i have a GSXR, I can outrun cops.... "COME GET ME ****ERS!"

well, they did.

Advertisement