Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 11-30-2007, 10:48 PM   #61
Azylum
The Chosen One

Feedback Rating: (23)

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 2

a Ninja 250 will kill you just as easily as a 600, just FYI.

congrats on the new bike bro. hope to ride with you soon!
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Gixxer question Zombiekid How To's and Q & A's 4 10-27-2011 11:35 PM
Gixxer seat cowl question GSXR_911 General Discussion (Moto Related) 29 10-01-2009 06:50 PM
07 gixxer 750 question. bachakil How To's and Q & A's 7 05-14-2008 07:12 PM
A gixxer question for the racers bumblebee Taking it to the Track 8 04-07-2008 06:05 PM
HELP WITH 1000 GIXXER QUESTION ( pre purchase !!!) badman General Discussion (Moto Related) 6 08-04-2005 09:05 AM
Advertisement
Old 11-30-2007, 11:08 PM   #62
Texas_Rebel

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
GSX-R600K7

Quote:
Originally Posted by CubanGIXXER View Post
Dont listen to them ... my first bike was and still is a GSXR 600. Yeah, its a lot of bike, but it's not too much bike for a beginner, as long as you are smart and careful about it! and I stress that, because the stupid people that start off with a 600 and fudge it and themselves up are the ones that dont respect the power of the bike!

what part of town do you live/ride at?
It is alot of power but with the clutch as smooth and easy as it is its really no problem i just need to watch my speeds now its easy to cruise at 60 and not notice it at all ha ha but its not that this is the only moto i've riddin just offroad mainly and its been awhile since i rode but i absolutely love it close to or almost as good as ......i mainly try to stay around my house in baytown and ride some of the back twisty roads right now till i grow some nuts and take it out on the highway for a spin.....and i plan on taking the msf course in a few weeks or early next year b/c classes and work dont always mix lol
Old 11-30-2007, 11:09 PM   #63
Texas_Rebel

Bike(s):
GSX-R600K7

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoFear View Post
Never leave home w/o it
Old 11-30-2007, 11:20 PM   #64
Texas_Rebel

Bike(s):
GSX-R600K7

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07CBR View Post
Why can't everyone just tell the guy "congrats' on the new bike and be careful." Instead everyone b!tches about him getting a 600 and he could wreck on a something smaller just as easy. If he keeps his head and doesn't act stupid he'll be fine.
So congrats and be careful.
thanks bro i've been taking it easy, but i read the write up why you shouldn't get a 600 at first but i feel its like with everything if you ease into it one foot at a time it should go smooth and you'll reap the rewards of being a better rider RacerX does have a point in all seriousness it is too much power that i dont need right now but i have hi-tec govorner switch called a brain and a wrist so i think i can keep it rubber side down but at least i'm not pulling a super squid riding with barely no gear i've got an Arai ("tommy" Gun Rx-7) Helmet JR textile jacket getting a leather one soon, gloves and i'm getting a pair of either sidi verts or corsa soon along with some riding pants or the pads that are like football pads under your jeans. But i gear up everytime you never know when it'll save your life
Old 11-30-2007, 11:35 PM   #65
Azylum
The Chosen One

Feedback Rating: (23)

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas_Rebel View Post
thanks bro i've been taking it easy, but i read the write up why you shouldn't get a 600 at first but i feel its like with everything if you ease into it one foot at a time it should go smooth and you'll reap the rewards of being a better rider RacerX does have a point in all seriousness it is too much power that i dont need right now but i have hi-tec govorner switch called a brain and a wrist so i think i can keep it rubber side down but at least i'm not pulling a super squid riding with barely no gear i've got an Arai ("tommy" Gun Rx-7) Helmet JR textile jacket getting a leather one soon, gloves and i'm getting a pair of either sidi verts or corsa soon along with some riding pants or the pads that are like football pads under your jeans. But i gear up everytime you never know when it'll save your life

p*ssy. this is how a real man rides:

Question about gixxer 600

j/k bro. glad you got sense enough to use gear.
Old 12-01-2007, 10:04 AM   #66
CLETUS
Jungle Racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azylum View Post
p*ssy. this is how a real man rides:

Question about gixxer 600

j/k bro. glad you got sense enough to use gear.
Hey, a duddy of mine used to have this same bike. Wow, we raced everywhere to prove my Hurricane was faster...
Old 12-01-2007, 06:39 PM   #67
Mr.P
Driving Duh-Bus

Feedback Rating: (5)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
CBR1000RR

A 250 will not kill you as fast as a 600. Stating otherwise is retarded.

Sure, accidents happen to everyone, and having your head on straight is the key to survival.

But saying the choice of bike is not part of the equation is stupid. 250's are lower, lighter, and slower. All these factors combined make them absolutely safer than 600's and up.

But for me, the big question is, what bike do you want to drop? A $1000 beater you own for a few months to get the hang of things, or a brand new 600 supersport.

Advertisement