MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 11-29-2007, 11:13 AM   #61
witchdoctor575
certified shutterbug

Feedback Rating: (11)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
07 triumph D675(sold)
05 busa LE (sold)
03 rc51 (sold)
99 superhawk (wrecked)
01 shadow 1100 (sold)

Member Garage

florida sucks anyway.
witchdoctor575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
CMRA License Class 10/04/13 Mace Taking it to the Track 25 10-10-2013 09:43 AM
How loose is too loose? Chain question. ivancuriel General Discussion (Moto Related) 12 06-30-2011 06:26 PM
Riding a cruiser after 10+ yrs on a sportbike Bigmarky General Discussion (Moto Related) 21 01-25-2010 04:51 PM
minute maid park may loose liqour license OMEGA Off Topic 23 06-15-2009 12:04 PM
Advertisement
Old 11-29-2007, 11:30 AM   #62
Solracer
MotoHouston.com Owner.

Feedback Rating: (9)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2006 YZF600R (Street)
2009 Iron 883

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave C View Post
no joke... even what if situations calls for a ban? dang commies

why what if?

There has never been a what if for me. no reason to run. Its just a ticket. You run, you have more of a chance of not paying the ticket AND going to the county morgue.

its called being responsible and having respect for law enforcement.

your grief isnt with them, its with the law MAKERS....

dont like certain laws? Help change them.

want to wheelie on the freeway? pay the fine. Dont run like a coward.

Last edited by Solracer; 11-29-2007 at 11:37 AM.
Solracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 11:33 AM   #63
gixxerbill

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
K5 GSXR 1000
2008 Goldwing 1832 cc
Bourget Low Blow Chopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solracer View Post
why what if?

There has never been a what if for me. no reason to run. Its just a ticket. You run, you have more of a chance of not paying the ticket AND going to the county morgue.

your gief isnt with them, its with the law MAKERS....

I don't think people are talkin about running here(in TEXAS). They are saying they would run (in Florida) if you loose your license for 10 years because the punishment far exceeds the crime.
Old 11-29-2007, 11:35 AM   #64
sbfuller
the crotch-rocketeer!

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
2006 Hayabusa (totaled)2007 Hayabusa, 2004 CRF 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solracer View Post
why what if?

your gief isnt with them, its with the law MAKERS....

i agree, i was saying hypothetically if i was to run... but i don't, i pull over if i get busted now.
sbfuller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 11:35 AM   #65
Solracer
MotoHouston.com Owner.

Bike(s):
2006 YZF600R (Street)
2009 Iron 883

Member Garage

doesnt matter, dont run anywhere.

and Like Ive said 10 yrs for THAT crime is WAYYYYY too long..

I doubt itll pass...
Old 11-29-2007, 12:51 PM   #66
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Feedback Rating: (26)

Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
'14 Honda GROM! 181cc of fury!!
'10 Aprilia Tuono Factory-SOLD
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold

Quote:
The legislation in question is House bill HB 137 - Offenses Committed While Operating a Motorcycle by Lopez-Cantera

Summary - Offenses Committed While Operating a Motorcycle: Provides additional penalties for certain offenses committed by person operating or in actual physical control of motorcycle; requires person be taken into custody; provides for seizure & forfeiture of motorcycle; provides for revocation of person's privilege to operate a motorcycle.

Effective Date: October 1, 2008.
Last Event: Now in Committee on Infrastructure on Friday, October 12, 2007 2:04 PM

According to my local Representative Peter Nehr, the AMA and ABATE this bill is dead in the water as it is written because it is discriminatory since it singles out a specific group of motorists. The bill has been stuck in committee since October but anything is possible, so we will wait and see.

Law enforcement already has these tools to use in Florida right now just not under one statute. In fact the day after I read about this in October a motorcyclist was caught by the FHP for doing over 140 on a public road. He was tracked by spotter aircraft and caught. He was charged with aggravated eluding (a felony), reckless driving (a misdemeanor but still jail-able) and operating a motorcycle with out an endorsement. The fact that the bike was used in a commission of a felony allowed them to seize it under the forfeiture laws in this state.

The bills specifics are as follows -

HB 137 2008: hb0137-00

F L O R I D A H O U S E O F R E P R E S E N T A T I V E S

A bill to be entitled

An act relating to offenses committed while operating a motorcycle; creating s. 316.1926, F.S.; providing additional penalties for certain offenses committed by a person operating or in actual physical control of a motorcycle; requiring that the person be taken into custody; providing for seizure and forfeiture of the motorcycle; providing for revocation of the person's privilege to operate a motorcycle; providing an effective date.

Be It Enacted by the Legislature of the State of Florida:

Section 1. Section 316.1926, Florida Statutes, is created to read:

316.1926 Motorcycle offenses.—

(1) When a law enforcement officer charges a person with reckless driving in violation of s. 316.192 or exceeding the speed limit by 30 miles per hour or more in violation of s.316.183(2), s. 316.187, or s. 316.189 while operating or in actual physical control of a motorcycle, the officer shall arrest the person, take him or her into custody, and seize the motorcycle, which shall be subject to forfeiture under the Florida Contraband Forfeiture Act.

(2) Upon conviction, in addition to any other penalty provided by law, the court shall revoke the person's authorization and privilege to operate a motorcycle for a period of 10 years and order the person to surrender his or her driver's license.

(a) If the person holds a Class A, Class B, or Class C driver's license, the department shall issue a replacement license, valid for the remainder of the person's unexpired license period, without the endorsement to operate a motorcycle.

(b) If the person holds a Class E driver's license that is not restricted to motorcycle operation only, the department shall issue a replacement license, valid for the remainder of the person's unexpired license period, without the authorization
to operate a motorcycle.

(3) Revocation of the privilege to operate a motorcycle under this section shall not prohibit or restrict the issuance or renewal of a driver's license for purposes other than the operation of a motorcycle.

Section 2. This act shall take effect October 1, 2008.
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Make America Great Again!
RACER X is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 12:58 PM   #67
Solracer
MotoHouston.com Owner.

Bike(s):
2006 YZF600R (Street)
2009 Iron 883

Member Garage

so this just pertains to doing 30+ over?
Old 11-29-2007, 01:51 PM   #68
cashtown
Lawyers Guns and Money

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
'05 Hayabusa '98 ZX-6E

Here's a link to the Vid of Carlos Lopez-Cantera on his ride along with FHP.

He seems like a knowledgeable guy, and pretty cool too!

http://video.nbc6.net/player/?id=188989

Fat Freddy says, "Busas are for posing!"
cashtown is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement