MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 11-28-2007, 02:33 PM   #41
BigComfy

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
SV1k (sold)
CRB6 Track Bike (sold)
Daytona 1200 (parted)
1st Gen FZ1 (sold)
1st Gen SV650 (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by RACER X View Post
?
Sorry. Maybe maybe not I will update you. But more than likely since I'm actually trying to learn how to go faster(note I didnt say fast) But I'd prefer to crash on a track rather than be t-boned by some cage.
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Cant decided on which bike to get!! HELP! sosexc General Discussion (Moto Related) 13 10-22-2014 05:08 PM
down azz dudes all bout the streetz hyphycowboy Stunters Lounge 87 06-03-2010 04:59 PM
OK, so I decided to stop drinking...Now what? ecclissiass Off Topic 65 01-13-2010 01:02 PM
decided to tear it down SportRider General Discussion (Moto Related) 38 01-14-2008 11:11 PM
Advertisement
Old 11-28-2007, 02:34 PM   #42
SVmike
nuthin'

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
just a mtn bike now...

Send a message via AIM to SVmike
i should have known that this thread would turn into a debate
Old 11-28-2007, 02:35 PM   #43
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Feedback Rating: (26)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
'14 Honda GROM! 181cc of fury!!
'10 Aprilia Tuono Factory-SOLD
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by JETG View Post
For me it is calculated risk. You risk 100'xs more if on the street, the street conditions, and the idiots that drive around us. I understand and see a lot of people that get hurt or killed on motorcycles being the riders fault. But I have seen some that were not. But in the end I know I have an ambulance, and can recieve attention right away. We choose to ride motorcycles, and inherent risk involved. So I reduce that risk by rideing track only.

J
to me, it's risk either way.
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Make America Great Again!
RACER X is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 02:37 PM   #44
Swift E

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
Triumph 675

Quote:
people don't die at the track ?
Statistically... not even close to as many deaths that occure on the streets
Old 11-28-2007, 02:40 PM   #45
SVmike
nuthin'

Bike(s):
just a mtn bike now...

Quote:
to me, it's risk either way.
well duh!! hasn't anyone ever told you "motorcycles are dangerous"?
Old 11-28-2007, 02:41 PM   #46
texlurch
Official MH tag inspector

Feedback Rating: (2)

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
04 ZX-10R
02 ZX-12R BOTM 12/11
00 ZX-12R
07 GSXR 600
00 TL1000R BOTM 07/12 (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
How much does it cost if you are DEAD ??? Does life not factor in to the equation ???? How about Family, Kids ect ect.

J

In 99% of the cases of mc related deaths that I know of, the rider was at fault. I hope I can make better decisions. No guarantee on that.

Once I start worrying about all the various ways that I can be killed in my everyday life, I'll just lock myself in a tower and give up.

Sorry. Everyone has their choices to make, but I refuse to allow my choices to be made for me, by "others" mistakes.

Track is cool. Not for everyone. Same goes for the street. Not everyone is cut out to ride a bike in traffic; not everyone has the willpower to roll the throttle back and keep it at reasonable speeds.

That's why we have free wills and still that tiny bit of choice.
.... Home of the "Black Ninja's"
texlurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 02:53 PM   #47
texlurch

Bike(s):
04 ZX-10R
02 ZX-12R BOTM 12/11
00 ZX-12R
07 GSXR 600

Member Garage

Quote:
I hear ya, we might walk out the door today to never return. Such is life, unfortunately. So if anyone takes anything away from this thread, do this. Always tell the people that you love that you love them and dont forget. Cause today might be your last day to see or talk to them.

J
There ya go.
Old 11-28-2007, 03:02 PM   #48
Zapata
a.k.a Dos Equis

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
'13 Victory Cross Country
'13 Victory Judge

Member Garage

Quote:
How much does it cost if you are DEAD ??? Does life not factor in to the equation ???? How about Family, Kids ect ect.

J
You are comparing apples to pears..!! I feel pretty safe in the street because I always stick to the speed limits, traffic signals, wear all my gear and always AWARE of my surroundings. In the track maybe you "feel" more safer because there are no cars or other street factors around you but then you have triple digit speeds that make the track very dangerous plus a lot of riders around you that can make a mistake and make you crash.

If you die, you die. Either on the street or track. Regarding the Family/Kids. I do not have kids, the wife will get a good amount of money. I'm only worry about my parents but they know that if I die in the bike at least I was doing the thing that I love the most after ...RIDING IN THE STREETS MOFOS...!!!!

If you have kids and are worry about loosing your life in a bike..I think you do not have a place riding in the track or the street...!!

Again..what are the speeds at the track...?? What's your average speed at the track..??
Zapata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 03:07 PM   #49
JetGWIFE

Hello everybody I would like to say that we all have our own opinions they are like we all have them. That doesn't mean that one opinion is better or right than another. As for my husband he has choose to stay off the streets on his on will, which I am thankful for. I just hope that what ever anyone decides to do please be careful. I do know that in alot of cases you can control what happens and that's by not going over your limits and your ego takes over. I hate every time my husband tells me about another reck. It makes me sad to have to hear about it. Don't get me wrong I know sometimes we can't help some recks because there dumb people who don't know how to drive. I even have to watch out for them in my car. So just be extra careful whatever you choose.
Thanks JetGwife
JetGWIFE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 03:10 PM   #50
texlurch

Bike(s):
04 ZX-10R
02 ZX-12R BOTM 12/11
00 ZX-12R
07 GSXR 600

Member Garage

Quote:

As for speeds on the track, hmm well average maybe 80, but can get up to 100's on some straights.

J
Sounds like a little faster than I do on the street... that's scary!!!
Old 11-28-2007, 03:31 PM   #51
level5
moving chicane

Quote:
Originally Posted by zapata View Post
You are comparing apples to pears..!! I feel pretty safe in the street because I always stick to the speed limits, traffic signals, wear all my gear and always AWARE of my surroundings. In the track maybe you "feel" more safer because there are no cars or other street factors around you but then you have triple digit speeds that make the track very dangerous plus a lot of riders around you that can make a mistake and make you crash.

If you die, you die. Either on the street or track. Regarding the Family/Kids. I do not have kids, the wife will get a good amount of money. I'm only worry about my parents but they know that if I die in the bike at least I was doing the thing that I love the most after ...RIDING IN THE STREETS MOFOS...!!!!

If you have kids and are worry about loosing your life in a bike..I think you do not have a place riding in the track or the street...!!

Again..what are the speeds at the track...?? What's your average speed at the track..??
different tracks have different speeds, depends on the rider or level of skills. Racers racing at TWS (Texas World Speedway) having 90-98mph average track speed, OHR 70-80mph, MRSC 70-80mph. Regular trackday should be about 20mph less, and noobs about 30mph.
level5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 12:29 AM   #52
Htown1000
Bleed the Block

Bike(s):
Red and Black Gixxer 1000

Have fun SVMike it was good riding with you the few times we rode... What all will it take to track the SV out?
Old 11-29-2007, 01:08 AM   #53
SVmike
nuthin'

Bike(s):
just a mtn bike now...

Thanks Htown. Haven't seen you post much, life got you busy?
The Plan:
ditch the street bodywork for track work
race subframe
clip-ons
rearsets
steering dampener
shock - rebuild or aftermarket

Hopefully I can find most of the parts used during the off season
Old 11-29-2007, 03:28 AM   #54
maxgs

Member Garage

Bourget Fat Daddy for the street and the GXSR K8 for the track; covering all the bases
Old 11-30-2007, 12:29 AM   #55
hypertrophyy

Bike(s):
07 600rr track

I can't wait till next year when I have my new track set up complete.

I love getting out in the street and mixing it up. I can't just be satisfiyed with getting on the track 20-30 times a year. I like to ride more like 150 days a year. It can become a lifestyle. It can also consume you. The street can build some bad racing habits I think. The best seat time is always lots of T-time.

The track is a structured riding enviroment where the street is supposed to be use for "trasportation purpose". If this is going to be a debate. The subject should always go back to "I bought a 180mph bike to ride 75mph on public streets, unless I'm a legal nutcase". Honestly, I think doing triple digits/traffic/people/fines an all that stuff is way more dangerous, stupid and costly on the streets. Some people think its the coolest thing on earth.

The track is not for your cruzer mentality rider, right? So I'm sure if most of us planned on riding like that we would have bought one. If most people could aford to do 20 T-days a year I think more would.

I do understand anyone's argument who gets tired of the street BS.
hypertrophyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 12:33 AM   #56
Htown1000
Bleed the Block

Bike(s):
Red and Black Gixxer 1000

SV,

I had been out of town working on a project.. Back on the block now.. Good luck with getting all the parts you need.. I'll probably see you out at the track checking you guys out..

Advertisement