MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Technical > How To's and Q & A's
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.


FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Reply
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 11-29-2007, 10:22 AM   #81
Gixxer Geezer
All day long I'm shufflin
 
Gixxer Geezer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Alvin
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 20,618

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
06 honda vtx 1300
06 Busa limited. sold
2 Gixxer 600. sold
85 Honda Hurricane. sold
56 Triumph, 64 BSA, Thunderbolt, 66 BSA Lightning Bolt, 64 Honda Scrambler. all sold






Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherub View Post
sweeet
__________________
gixxergeezer 1



What part of "I Don't Care", Don't you Understand?
Gixxer Geezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
bike died, need help!!! adrenalinjunky General Discussion (Moto Related) 40 04-14-2012 07:32 AM
my bike died... tmilheiser General Discussion (Moto Related) 5 04-30-2009 02:15 AM
Busa, Busa, UGLY Busa navigator General Discussion (Moto Related) 38 01-10-2009 01:34 AM
Busa Busa Busa with Randy Grinchy General Discussion (Moto Related) 2 09-28-2008 06:52 PM
so i almost died again.... fuknrobert General Discussion (Moto Related) 23 08-31-2007 10:19 AM
Advertisement
Old 11-29-2007, 10:25 AM   #82
witchdoctor575
certified shutterbug
 
witchdoctor575's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Alvin
Feedback Rating: (11)
Posts: 23,547

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
07 triumph D675(sold)
05 busa LE (sold)
03 rc51 (sold)
99 superhawk (wrecked)
01 shadow 1100 (sold)

Member Garage





the rc is a bear if the battery even starts to go.
witchdoctor575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 10:26 AM   #83
Gixxer Geezer
All day long I'm shufflin
 
Gixxer Geezer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Alvin
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 20,618

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
06 honda vtx 1300
06 Busa limited. sold
2 Gixxer 600. sold
85 Honda Hurricane. sold
56 Triumph, 64 BSA, Thunderbolt, 66 BSA Lightning Bolt, 64 Honda Scrambler. all sold






Quote:
Originally Posted by witchdoctor575 View Post
the rc is a bear if the battery even starts to go.
like runs rough and idles bad???
__________________
gixxergeezer 1



What part of "I Don't Care", Don't you Understand?
Gixxer Geezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 10:27 AM   #84
witchdoctor575
certified shutterbug
 
witchdoctor575's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Alvin
Feedback Rating: (11)
Posts: 23,547

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
07 triumph D675(sold)
05 busa LE (sold)
03 rc51 (sold)
99 superhawk (wrecked)
01 shadow 1100 (sold)

Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by Gixxer Geezer View Post
like runs rough and idles bad???
like turns over real slow and fouls plugs.
witchdoctor575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 10:30 AM   #85
Gixxer Geezer
All day long I'm shufflin
 
Gixxer Geezer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Alvin
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 20,618

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
06 honda vtx 1300
06 Busa limited. sold
2 Gixxer 600. sold
85 Honda Hurricane. sold
56 Triumph, 64 BSA, Thunderbolt, 66 BSA Lightning Bolt, 64 Honda Scrambler. all sold






Quote:
Originally Posted by witchdoctor575 View Post
like turns over real slow and fouls plugs.
i dont know about fouling my plugs.. but it would barellllllllyyyyyyy turn over. then spin and start.. then run rough and idle up and down at stop lights and such.. real pain in the .. glad i got that fixed. was thinking i got a Lemon... .. good grief...
__________________
gixxergeezer 1



What part of "I Don't Care", Don't you Understand?
Gixxer Geezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 10:33 AM   #86
witchdoctor575
certified shutterbug
 
witchdoctor575's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Alvin
Feedback Rating: (11)
Posts: 23,547

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
07 triumph D675(sold)
05 busa LE (sold)
03 rc51 (sold)
99 superhawk (wrecked)
01 shadow 1100 (sold)

Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by Gixxer Geezer View Post
i dont know about fouling my plugs.. but it would barellllllllyyyyyyy turn over. then spin and start.. then run rough and idle up and down at stop lights and such.. real pain in the .. glad i got that fixed. was thinking i got a Lemon... .. good grief...
prolly runs like new now. Once the rc gets real hot if the battery isn't strong it just won't turn over...kinda like a harley,lol. I shut it off in traffic one day cause it got super hot and I thought i was screwed when it almost didn't start back up.
witchdoctor575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 10:36 AM   #87
Gixxer Geezer
All day long I'm shufflin
 
Gixxer Geezer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Alvin
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 20,618

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
06 honda vtx 1300
06 Busa limited. sold
2 Gixxer 600. sold
85 Honda Hurricane. sold
56 Triumph, 64 BSA, Thunderbolt, 66 BSA Lightning Bolt, 64 Honda Scrambler. all sold






Quote:
Originally Posted by witchdoctor575 View Post
prolly runs like new now. Once the rc gets real hot if the battery isn't strong it just won't turn over...kinda like a harley,lol. I shut it off in traffic one day cause it got super hot and I thought i was screwed when it almost didn't start back up.


i know that feeling.. i killed my harley one day.. waiting for a train.. then it wouldnt start. .. thought i was going to have to push it out of the way for traffic.. finally started and i went on.. not one person asked if i needed help.. just drove by and gave me dirty looks.. cagers...
__________________
gixxergeezer 1



What part of "I Don't Care", Don't you Understand?
Gixxer Geezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 10:38 AM   #88
witchdoctor575
certified shutterbug
 
witchdoctor575's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Alvin
Feedback Rating: (11)
Posts: 23,547

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
07 triumph D675(sold)
05 busa LE (sold)
03 rc51 (sold)
99 superhawk (wrecked)
01 shadow 1100 (sold)

Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by Gixxer Geezer View Post
i know that feeling.. i killed my harley one day.. waiting for a train.. then it wouldnt start. .. thought i was going to have to push it out of the way for traffic.. finally started and i went on.. not one person asked if i needed help.. just drove by and gave me dirty looks.. cagers...
I never had a problem out of my dads electra glide I rode. It was actually a great bike...until dad crashed it,lol
witchdoctor575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 10:39 AM   #89
Gixxer Geezer
All day long I'm shufflin
 
Gixxer Geezer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Alvin
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 20,618

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
06 honda vtx 1300
06 Busa limited. sold
2 Gixxer 600. sold
85 Honda Hurricane. sold
56 Triumph, 64 BSA, Thunderbolt, 66 BSA Lightning Bolt, 64 Honda Scrambler. all sold






Quote:
Originally Posted by witchdoctor575 View Post
I never had a problem out of my dads electra glide I rode. It was actually a great bike...until dad crashed it,lol
well mine was a chopped bike.. and yes it was kick start.. man i dont miss kick start at all..
__________________
gixxergeezer 1



What part of "I Don't Care", Don't you Understand?
Gixxer Geezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 10:41 AM   #90
ZXALAN
UR NXT
 
ZXALAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: League City Tx
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 4,254

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2000 Turbo-Hayabusa
2013 BMW S1000RR








Glad you got it running.....Yes they can sometimes run like if the battery is low...The charging systems on busas suck, they BARELY maintain decent voltage when running down the freeway. If the battery is already low, the charging system will not charge it back up....A battery can show decent volts, like say 12.5v but under a load, it will drop bigtime.....then the ECM and ignition system is trying to run at a lower voltage and the charging system just doesn't keep up....makes em run like KA KA.

You are good to go now....but if you plan on parking it for weeks at a time, invest in a battery tender...
__________________

319hp@14lbs(pump gas), 435hp@29lbs(race gas)
Texas Mile Mar 09, 225.906mph, 8.82@168.43 w/1.63 60'-14.5lbs
ZXALAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 10:41 AM   #91
witchdoctor575
certified shutterbug
 
witchdoctor575's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Alvin
Feedback Rating: (11)
Posts: 23,547

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
07 triumph D675(sold)
05 busa LE (sold)
03 rc51 (sold)
99 superhawk (wrecked)
01 shadow 1100 (sold)

Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by Gixxer Geezer View Post
well mine was a chopped bike.. and yes it was kick start.. man i dont miss kick start at all..

what's the matter...don't like being bucked off a harley
witchdoctor575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 10:47 AM   #92
Gixxer Geezer
All day long I'm shufflin
 
Gixxer Geezer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Alvin
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 20,618

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
06 honda vtx 1300
06 Busa limited. sold
2 Gixxer 600. sold
85 Honda Hurricane. sold
56 Triumph, 64 BSA, Thunderbolt, 66 BSA Lightning Bolt, 64 Honda Scrambler. all sold






Quote:
Originally Posted by ZXALAN View Post
Glad you got it running.....Yes they can sometimes run like if the battery is low...The charging systems on busas suck, they BARELY maintain decent voltage when running down the freeway. If the battery is already low, the charging system will not charge it back up....A battery can show decent volts, like say 12.5v but under a load, it will drop bigtime.....then the ECM and ignition system is trying to run at a lower voltage and the charging system just doesn't keep up....makes em run like KA KA.

You are good to go now....but if you plan on parking it for weeks at a time, invest in a battery tender...


your right. about the way it was running.. but i do have a battery tender.. but you have to plug it in right... will do it more often now. that winter is coming... thanks again for your advice and help
__________________
gixxergeezer 1



What part of "I Don't Care", Don't you Understand?
Gixxer Geezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 10:48 AM   #93
Gixxer Geezer
All day long I'm shufflin
 
Gixxer Geezer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Alvin
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 20,618

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
06 honda vtx 1300
06 Busa limited. sold
2 Gixxer 600. sold
85 Honda Hurricane. sold
56 Triumph, 64 BSA, Thunderbolt, 66 BSA Lightning Bolt, 64 Honda Scrambler. all sold






Quote:
Originally Posted by witchdoctor575 View Post
what's the matter...don't like being bucked off a harley


bucking off was kinda fun.. we used to drink abit and let it kick us out in the yard... it was the pulling a tooth out of your knee cap that really sucked..
__________________
gixxergeezer 1



What part of "I Don't Care", Don't you Understand?
Gixxer Geezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Advertisement


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:09 PM.


MotoHouston.com is not responsible for the content posted by users.
Privacy Policy