MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.


Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Reply
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 11-26-2007, 09:32 PM   #21
S_M_J82
Prime Time!!!
 
S_M_J82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Hutto TX
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 3,409

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+


2003 kawasaki z1000








Send a message via AIM to S_M_J82
y you getting rid of your GSXR?????
__________________
just trying to get by!
S_M_J82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Bikeless in Houston? Scorch Stubbs Cycles "The Original" 3 10-04-2013 09:42 PM
bikeless for two weeks tunaluna General Discussion (Moto Related) 19 01-30-2013 07:48 PM
being bikeless sucks WarrenW General Discussion (Moto Related) 18 08-06-2011 11:04 PM
bikeless fuknrobert Off Topic 40 03-18-2006 12:35 PM
I'm bikeless for a couple weeks ScooterTrash Cruisers Lounge 17 08-05-2005 05:15 PM
Advertisement
Old 11-26-2007, 09:40 PM   #22
witchdoctor575
certified shutterbug
 
witchdoctor575's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Alvin
Feedback Rating: (11)
Posts: 23,547

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
07 triumph D675(sold)
05 busa LE (sold)
03 rc51 (sold)
99 superhawk (wrecked)
01 shadow 1100 (sold)

Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by S_M_J82 View Post
y you getting rid of your GSXR?????

cause she recognizes that HONDA's RULE THE WORLD
witchdoctor575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 09:42 PM   #23
Candie
Senior Member
 
Candie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 10,148

Experience: 9 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2013 Ninja 300
07 CBR 600RR (sold)
09 Ninja 250 (sold)
04 CBR 600RR (sold)
04 GSXR 600 (sold)



Quote:
Originally Posted by witchdoctor575 View Post
cause she recognizes that HONDA's RULE THE WORLD
Yep! Gotta go back to my riding roots!
__________________
If people do not like you then they will not like your .
Candie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 09:44 PM   #24
witchdoctor575
certified shutterbug
 
witchdoctor575's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Alvin
Feedback Rating: (11)
Posts: 23,547

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
07 triumph D675(sold)
05 busa LE (sold)
03 rc51 (sold)
99 superhawk (wrecked)
01 shadow 1100 (sold)

Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by RRChic View Post
Yep! Gotta go back to my riding roots!

in all seriousness...Have you considered the 675?
witchdoctor575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 09:46 PM   #25
txgsxrbob
THE SH*T STARTER IS BACK
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: 290 @ mason --cypress
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 5,859


Bike(s):
06 GSXR 1K SOLD !
2012 R1 Moto GP replica # 1287








Quote:
Originally Posted by RRChic View Post
Well my GSXR will be leaving on Thursday.

Anyone know when the 08 Honda's should be in???? I can't be w/o a bike for very long!!!
BREAKING NEWS!!!!!! Why wait ? the 2008 Gsxr's are in town & in stock !!!! Think of the fun you can have right now !!!! With NO that's right NO waiting !!!! hahaha thought it might cheer you up a bit ...
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by abelrob View Post
I would join in but my KAWI is BROKE THE FU*K down again SO I BOUGHT A BUSA !!
Quote:
Originally Posted by pester View Post
NOW WHERE IS TXGSXRBOB WHEN WE NEED HIM????
txgsxrbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 09:47 PM   #26
Candie
Senior Member
 
Candie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 10,148

Experience: 9 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2013 Ninja 300
07 CBR 600RR (sold)
09 Ninja 250 (sold)
04 CBR 600RR (sold)
04 GSXR 600 (sold)



Quote:
Originally Posted by witchdoctor575 View Post
in all seriousness...Have you considered the 675?

Have never ridden one?
__________________
If people do not like you then they will not like your .
Candie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 09:49 PM   #27
Candie
Senior Member
 
Candie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 10,148

Experience: 9 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2013 Ninja 300
07 CBR 600RR (sold)
09 Ninja 250 (sold)
04 CBR 600RR (sold)
04 GSXR 600 (sold)



Quote:
Originally Posted by txgsxrbob View Post
BREAKING NEWS!!!!!! Why wait ? the 2008 Gsxr's are in town & in stock !!!! Think of the fun you can have right now !!!! With NO that's right NO waiting !!!! hahaha thought it might cheer you up a bit ...
I thought about a new GSXR because I can flat foot them, but I still think I am gonna go with a Honda. I am gonna on shopping this weekend and see if I can find the white/sliver
__________________
If people do not like you then they will not like your .
Candie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 09:49 PM   #28
witchdoctor575
certified shutterbug
 
witchdoctor575's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Alvin
Feedback Rating: (11)
Posts: 23,547

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
07 triumph D675(sold)
05 busa LE (sold)
03 rc51 (sold)
99 superhawk (wrecked)
01 shadow 1100 (sold)

Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by RRChic View Post
Have never ridden one?

you should sweet talk dementia into letting you ride hers...ya never know...you might like it. It is a great bike.
witchdoctor575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 09:51 PM   #29
txgsxrbob
THE SH*T STARTER IS BACK
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: 290 @ mason --cypress
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 5,859


Bike(s):
06 GSXR 1K SOLD !
2012 R1 Moto GP replica # 1287








Quote:
Originally Posted by RRChic View Post
I thought about a new GSXR because I can flat foot them, but I still think I am gonna go with a Honda. I am gonna on shopping this weekend and see if I can find the white/sliver
what size? 1k ?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by abelrob View Post
I would join in but my KAWI is BROKE THE FU*K down again SO I BOUGHT A BUSA !!
Quote:
Originally Posted by pester View Post
NOW WHERE IS TXGSXRBOB WHEN WE NEED HIM????
txgsxrbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 09:52 PM   #30
Candie
Senior Member
 
Candie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 10,148

Experience: 9 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2013 Ninja 300
07 CBR 600RR (sold)
09 Ninja 250 (sold)
04 CBR 600RR (sold)
04 GSXR 600 (sold)



A 600! I have no need for a 1k!
__________________
If people do not like you then they will not like your .
Candie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 09:52 PM   #31
Candie
Senior Member
 
Candie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 10,148

Experience: 9 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2013 Ninja 300
07 CBR 600RR (sold)
09 Ninja 250 (sold)
04 CBR 600RR (sold)
04 GSXR 600 (sold)



Quote:
Originally Posted by witchdoctor575 View Post
you should sweet talk dementia into letting you ride hers...ya never know...you might like it. It is a great bike.
I might just have to do that! hint hint. How is the seat height on those?
__________________
If people do not like you then they will not like your .
Candie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 09:53 PM   #32
witchdoctor575
certified shutterbug
 
witchdoctor575's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Alvin
Feedback Rating: (11)
Posts: 23,547

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
07 triumph D675(sold)
05 busa LE (sold)
03 rc51 (sold)
99 superhawk (wrecked)
01 shadow 1100 (sold)

Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by RRChic View Post
I might just have to do that! hint hint. How is the seat height on those?
kinda high but you are the same height as her and she manages ok.
witchdoctor575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 09:56 PM   #33
witchdoctor575
certified shutterbug
 
witchdoctor575's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Alvin
Feedback Rating: (11)
Posts: 23,547

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
07 triumph D675(sold)
05 busa LE (sold)
03 rc51 (sold)
99 superhawk (wrecked)
01 shadow 1100 (sold)

Member Garage





better yet...PM JON and he'll let you test ride one that he has in stock. The new blue color is beautiful
witchdoctor575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 09:56 PM   #34
Candie
Senior Member
 
Candie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 10,148

Experience: 9 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2013 Ninja 300
07 CBR 600RR (sold)
09 Ninja 250 (sold)
04 CBR 600RR (sold)
04 GSXR 600 (sold)



Quote:
Originally Posted by witchdoctor575 View Post
kinda high but you are the same height as her and she manages ok.
Yep! I am on tip toes and both the Honda and the GSXR and I usually don't have a problem. It would be nice to find a bike that wasn't so high.
__________________
If people do not like you then they will not like your .
Candie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 10:00 PM   #35
txgsxrbob
THE SH*T STARTER IS BACK
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: 290 @ mason --cypress
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 5,859


Bike(s):
06 GSXR 1K SOLD !
2012 R1 Moto GP replica # 1287








RRchic sent pm
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by abelrob View Post
I would join in but my KAWI is BROKE THE FU*K down again SO I BOUGHT A BUSA !!
Quote:
Originally Posted by pester View Post
NOW WHERE IS TXGSXRBOB WHEN WE NEED HIM????
txgsxrbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 10:03 PM   #36
Candie
Senior Member
 
Candie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 10,148

Experience: 9 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2013 Ninja 300
07 CBR 600RR (sold)
09 Ninja 250 (sold)
04 CBR 600RR (sold)
04 GSXR 600 (sold)



replied
__________________
If people do not like you then they will not like your .
Candie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 10:43 PM   #37
tomLSTD
LSTD Mob Cappo
 
tomLSTD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 6,798

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1






Member Garage





I rode Swift-e's 675, and I liked it a lot! Very cool sound, power was very linear and nice delivery, the bike is too narrow, seat height is too low, and the bike was very nimble in the corners. All on stock suspension at TWS (Texas World Speedway), and I had a blast! I would have stayed out there longer but didn't want to burn all of Eric's fuel (you know how expensive that can be...).

To make a direct comparison, I thought it was JUST like the '05 600RR I had ridden that same day with a stock suspension too.

The things that I didn't care for would probably be perfect for you: seat height was too low (but strangely, I didn't mind too much at all), bars were too narrow (again, didn't hinder me getting around the track at all), and it was very light/ flickable/ nimble (I liked that aspect of it...).

Anyway, since you're nowhere near my size (height and especially weight), you should love the 675.

I like the 600RR, it is just fine IMHO, actually very good. The Triumph was as good, and better with the horsepower. Had no trouble keeping up with 750 and some liter bikes at TWS (Texas World Speedway).

If I were to choose between the two personally, I would take the 675 because it's unique, elegant, does everything just fine at the track, easy to ride, and not everyone is riding one.

IMHO of course...
__________________
I am Tyler Durdin's bad attitude.
tomLSTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 10:52 PM   #38
Robert95z
Ro-Beer-To
 
Robert95z's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Dickinson, TX
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 812

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 4

Bike(s):
02 F4i SOLD, 07 CBR600RR SOLD









We usually get the new year models in spring.. so feb-march
Robert95z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 10:56 PM   #39
Candie
Senior Member
 
Candie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 10,148

Experience: 9 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2013 Ninja 300
07 CBR 600RR (sold)
09 Ninja 250 (sold)
04 CBR 600RR (sold)
04 GSXR 600 (sold)



Quote:
Originally Posted by tomLSTD View Post
I rode Swift-e's 675, and I liked it a lot! Very cool sound, power was very linear and nice delivery, the bike is too narrow, seat height is too low, and the bike was very nimble in the corners. All on stock suspension at TWS (Texas World Speedway), and I had a blast! I would have stayed out there longer but didn't want to burn all of Eric's fuel (you know how expensive that can be...).

To make a direct comparison, I thought it was JUST like the '05 600RR I had ridden that same day with a stock suspension too.

The things that I didn't care for would probably be perfect for you: seat height was too low (but strangely, I didn't mind too much at all), bars were too narrow (again, didn't hinder me getting around the track at all), and it was very light/ flickable/ nimble (I liked that aspect of it...).

Anyway, since you're nowhere near my size (height and especially weight), you should love the 675.

I like the 600RR, it is just fine IMHO, actually very good. The Triumph was as good, and better with the horsepower. Had no trouble keeping up with 750 and some liter bikes at TWS (Texas World Speedway).

If I were to choose between the two personally, I would take the 675 because it's unique, elegant, does everything just fine at the track, easy to ride, and not everyone is riding one.

IMHO of course...
Thanks Tom! That gives me a lot to think about! And like you said the things that you disliked are the things that are important to me! The one thing I dislike about my GSXR was that it felt wide compared to the RR. So your comparison really helps!
__________________
If people do not like you then they will not like your .
Candie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 10:56 PM   #40
Ridesmart
Senior Member
 
Ridesmart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Austin, TX
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,288

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
07 Kawasaki ZX-6R Track
05 CBR 600RR Track








Quote:
Originally Posted by RRChic View Post
Nope the 08 600RR. Black and orange pearl!

I think that is an awesome choice. Good for you.
Ridesmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Advertisement


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:24 PM.


MotoHouston.com is not responsible for the content posted by users.
Privacy Policy