MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Off Topic (everything else) > Off Topic
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 11-27-2007, 12:01 PM   #161
Crystalline
Can't ride now...

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 1

Send a message via Yahoo to Crystalline
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moody View Post
Only if what has been documented is correct and we should question that as well. Because as we all know, history is written by those who win the wars.
+ a billion!
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
I got nothing for Christmas. eltejano Off Topic 28 12-26-2010 05:27 PM
Merry Christmas to all from RideSmart - Merry Christmas 2008 contest! Ridesmart Ridesmart Motorcycle School 11 01-25-2009 09:54 PM
Its really Christmas now! bioGuru Off Topic 13 12-25-2008 07:37 AM
Iiittttttttsssssssssss Christmas Grinchy Off Topic 6 12-24-2008 11:07 AM
what are you getting your SO for christmas? chasee69 Off Topic 76 12-19-2007 09:03 AM
Advertisement
Old 11-27-2007, 12:01 PM   #162
cogs69
Mayor of Coggerville

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
79cc mini cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moody View Post
Can you provide some proof that the Dead Sea Scrolls coincide with what is in the bible. To my knowledge there are many discrepancies between them. Some of which support a very different point of view.
If I could read ancient Hebrew I would love to try and read myself. Can't read it. There are discrepancies, as is in all re-works of literature. But there are a LOT of accuracies too.
cogs69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 12:02 PM   #163
lilmckee
Not part of the wannbes

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystalline View Post
There is no proof that the moon was once a piece of the earth, but it's theory; a very widely accepted theory. Or that Pangea actually existed, but again, another widely accepted theory. Or better yet, that we descended from Apes.

And evolution... Big theory.
moon part of the earth? i never heard that one. Maybe i wasnt in class that day

pangea existed just look at the continents their like freakin puzzle pieces, they fit together extremly well.

theres skeletons of up right animals that slowly change into homosapiens over time

where is mckee?
lilmckee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 12:03 PM   #164
ArturoC
51% Geek, 49% SuperHero

Bike(s):
'99 GSXR600
'04 NSR 50
'09 Yamaha WR250X
'07 Triumph 675

Member Garage

Send a message via ICQ to ArturoC Send a message via AIM to ArturoC Send a message via Yahoo to ArturoC Send a message via Skype™ to ArturoC
Quote:
There is no proof that the moon was once a piece of the earth, but it's theory; a very widely accepted theory. Or that Pangea actually existed, but again, another widely accepted theory. Or better yet, that we descended from Apes.

And evolution... Big theory.
Quote:

The word theory has a number of distinct meanings in different fields of knowledge, depending on their methodologies and the context of discussion.

In science, a theory is a mathematical or logical explanation, or a testable model of the manner of interaction of a set of natural phenomena, capable of predicting future occurrences or observations of the same kind, and capable of being tested through experiment or otherwise falsified through empirical observation. It follows from this that for scientists "theory" and "fact" do not necessarily stand in opposition. For example, it is a fact that an apple dropped on earth has been observed to fall towards the center of the planet, and the theories commonly used to describe and explain this behaviour are Newton's theory of universal gravitation (see also gravitation), and general relativity.[/quote]

Science, evolution, big bang etc. ^^^

In common usage, the word theory is often used to signify a conjecture, an opinion, or a speculation. In this usage, a theory is not necessarily based on facts; in other words, it is not required to be consistent with true descriptions of reality. This usage of theory leads to the common statement "It's not a fact, it's only a theory." True descriptions of reality are more reflectively understood as statements which would be true independently of what people think about them. In this usage, the word is synonymous with hypothesis.

supernatural deities ^^^

There is a huge difference. And if you want a better explanation of evolution, go to my Judgement Day thread and watch it.
CMRA [Prov Nov]ice #404
Sponsors: D&D - GoPro - Amsoil
ArturoC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 12:03 PM   #165
CLETUS
Jungle Racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilmckee View Post

pangea existed just look at the continents their like freakin puzzle pieces, they fit together extremly well.

theres skeletons of up right animals that slowly change into homosapiens over time
About 2 billion years before this time...
Old 11-27-2007, 12:03 PM   #166
Faylaricia
The Comtesse

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'02 Honda VFR800

Besides the fact that 2007 years ago, people didn't get up one day and said 'Hey, we are Christians now!'. I am sure everyone is aware that the followers were there but not really aware of any specific religion exisiting at that point in time and the religon "Christianity" slowly developed hundreds of years after Jesus' birth.
Old 11-27-2007, 12:06 PM   #167
lilmckee
Not part of the wannbes

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLETUS View Post
About 2 billion years before this time...
to which are you talking about? the evolution? the moon? or pangea

where is mckee?
Old 11-27-2007, 12:07 PM   #168
Crystalline
Can't ride now...

Quote:

Theory on moon: http://www.newton.dep.anl.gov/askasc...9/ast99052.htm

Some people do not believe that pangea did not exist as well as we descended from Apes. The Ape thing is very contriversial because there is not enough evidence to prove it even though we can see it on the fancy poster designed by the believers.
Old 11-27-2007, 12:07 PM   #169
cogs69
Mayor of Coggerville

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
79cc mini cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faylaricia View Post
I am not sure why you think it would discredit Christianity? We are just trying to explain the holidays which often originated from locals' traditions and are incorporated and often 'customized' by Christian worshippers.

It is just interesting how Christian followers are die-hard set on the belief that everything originated 1500 or so years ago.

It would be the same as saying that Thanksgiving is American. The origin was thanking or the gods for the harvest and once in America, the pilgrims americanized it to the point where it is a holiday now.

It is not that the Christians had a summon in the church and decided out of pure coincidence 'Hey, let's invent Halloween, or let's have a Christmas tree for Jesus' birth and let's put it up the 25th.' It all goes back to traditions and how they developed and evolutionized over hundreds of years.
You are taking what I say too far. First off, if everything originated 1500 years ago, we would not have any debates about Christianity because that would make everything we believe about Jesus false. Second of all, look at the government today. In a lawsuit, how do you try and make a witnesses case not be considered by the jury? You discredit them, find dirt, make the jury question the validity of what the witness says. I am saying maybe some things are written to try and discredit, or make people question Christianity. It isn't all that hard to believe it could happen. And AGAIN, I'm NOT saying it is what I believe happened, or that it is fact. I am merely saying it is another way to look at it as NONE OF US CAN PROVE IT other than the literature we have today that was probably passed on and written 20 different times before it got here. Kinda like the whisper game we played as kids. By the last kid the story could be completely different.
cogs69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 12:08 PM   #170
CLETUS
Jungle Racing

Quote:
to which are you talking about? the evolution? the moon? or pangea
Evolution of Earth, the moon is said to have spun off in the time when the planet was molting rock and spinning way faster than today. It formed the moon which helped life evolve on Earth by creating the tides and season changes.
Old 11-27-2007, 12:10 PM   #171
ArturoC
51% Geek, 49% SuperHero

Bike(s):
'99 GSXR600
'04 NSR 50
'09 Yamaha WR250X
'07 Triumph 675

Member Garage

Send a message via ICQ to ArturoC Send a message via AIM to ArturoC Send a message via Yahoo to ArturoC Send a message via Skype™ to ArturoC
Quote:
Besides the fact that 2007 years ago, people didn't get up one day and said 'Hey, we are Christians now!'. I am sure everyone is aware that the followers were there but not really aware of any specific religion exisiting at that point in time and the religon "Christianity" slowly developed hundreds of years after Jesus' birth.

+1
CMRA [Prov Nov]ice #404
Old 11-27-2007, 12:10 PM   #172
lilmckee
Not part of the wannbes

Quote:

Some people do not believe that pangea did not exist as well as we descended from Apes. The Ape thing is very contriversial because there is not enough evidence to prove it even though we can see it on the fancy poster designed by the believers.

even still their taught as theories that has evidence

if things change im sure as adults we will be learn other wise, when the facts comes out

where is mckee?
Old 11-27-2007, 12:11 PM   #173
lilmckee
Not part of the wannbes

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLETUS View Post
Evolution of Earth, the moon is said to have spun off in the time when the planet was molting rock and spinning way faster than today. It formed the moon which helped life evolve on Earth by creating the tides and season changes.
gotcha

where is mckee?
Old 11-27-2007, 12:11 PM   #174
Crystalline
Can't ride now...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArturoC View Post
In common usage, the word theory is often used to signify a conjecture, an opinion, or a speculation. In this usage, a theory is not necessarily based on facts; in other words, it is not required to be consistent with true descriptions of reality. This usage of theory leads to the common statement "It's not a fact, it's only a theory." True descriptions of reality are more reflectively understood as statements which would be true independently of what people think about them. In this usage, the word is synonymous with hypothesis.[/i]
supernatural deities ^^^
There is a huge difference. And if you want a better explanation of evolution, go to my Judgement Day thread and watch it.
I have learned as well as seen videos of the scientific evolution when ever it comes on or on the internet. There is some evidence that can be pursuasive of this just as there is some evidence that pursuades really exist. This always goes both ways. It's just whatever pursuades you to belief either way.
Old 11-27-2007, 12:12 PM   #175
ArturoC
51% Geek, 49% SuperHero

Bike(s):
'99 GSXR600
'04 NSR 50
'09 Yamaha WR250X
'07 Triumph 675

Member Garage

Quote:

What are your arguments against the evidence?
CMRA [Prov Nov]ice #404
Old 11-27-2007, 12:13 PM   #176
lilmckee
Not part of the wannbes

Quote:
I have learned as well as seen videos of the scientific evolution when ever it comes on or on the internet. There is some evidence that can be pursuasive of this just as there is some evidence that pursuades really exist. This always goes both ways. It's just whatever pursuades you to belief either way.
what evidence is there that exists? and try to give me some without saying.....bible

where is mckee?
Old 11-27-2007, 12:13 PM   #177
TxBritt08R1
Saved By Grace

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
2008 R1 - Sold!
2004 R6 - Sold!
2004 FZ6 - Sold!

Send a message via MSN to TxBritt08R1
Quote:

Actually, in the book of Acts the followers of Jesus Christ - then called followers of "The Way" - were first called Christians at Antioch. ( Acts 11:26 ) The date can be narrowed down to about 30 to 40 years after the acension of Christ.

And as a matter of fact, people did jump up and say, "Hey, we're Christians now!" and were tormented, tortured, and killed for it. Read the book of Acts.

Britt
For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. Romans 6:23
Originally Posted by Sifu-TZ
...I'm glad it's such a boring sport, what would it be like if they watched something a little more interesting, like football? they'd just spontaneously combust on the spot...
TxBritt08R1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 12:14 PM   #178
ArturoC
51% Geek, 49% SuperHero

Bike(s):
'99 GSXR600
'04 NSR 50
'09 Yamaha WR250X
'07 Triumph 675

Member Garage

Quote:

It doesn't really go both ways. What evidence is there for the existence of your ?
CMRA [Prov Nov]ice #404
Old 11-27-2007, 12:15 PM   #179
Faylaricia
The Comtesse

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'02 Honda VFR800

Quote:
Originally Posted by cogs69 View Post
You are taking what I say too far. First off, if everything originated 1500 years ago, we would not have any debates about Christianity because that would make everything we believe about Jesus false. Second of all, look at the government today. In a lawsuit, how do you try and make a witnesses case not be considered by the jury? You discredit them, find dirt, make the jury question the validity of what the witness says. I am saying maybe some things are written to try and discredit, or make people question Christianity. It isn't all that hard to believe it could happen. And AGAIN, I'm NOT saying it is what I believe happened, or that it is fact. I am merely saying it is another way to look at it as NONE OF US CAN PROVE IT other than the literature we have today that was probably passed on and written 20 different times before it got here. Kinda like the whisper game we played as kids. By the last kid the story could be completely different.

I don't think I am taking it too far. Christianity is a following, a belief, a religion, a faith, just like Judism is, Islam is, Wicca, Buddahism, Hindu etc. Nobody can discredit a faith if that is what you believe in. Everyone finds meaning in life in a different and their way.

One can argue the Bible, the belief in itself or unproven facts claimed to be true by the believers. In the end, it is all discussion, don't get so defensive.
Old 11-27-2007, 12:16 PM   #180
lilmckee
Not part of the wannbes

Quote:
I don't think I am taking it too far. Christianity is a following, a belief, a religion, a faith, just like Judism is, Islam is, Wicca, Buddahism, Hindu etc. Nobody can discredit a faith if that is what you believe in. Everyone finds meaning in life in a different and their way.

One can argue the Bible, the belief in itself or unproven facts claimed to be true by the believers. In the end, it is all discussion, don't get so defensive.
you said it right there

where is mckee?

Advertisement