MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Off Topic (everything else) > Off Topic
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 11-27-2007, 12:16 PM   #181
cashtown
Lawyers Guns and Money

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
'05 Hayabusa '98 ZX-6E

Once,

I ate WAY to many of these,

mush

That was the most spiritual I've ever felt in my life.

Christians should try that and then get back to me.

Fat Freddy says, "Busas are for posing!"
cashtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
I got nothing for Christmas. eltejano Off Topic 28 12-26-2010 05:27 PM
Merry Christmas to all from RideSmart - Merry Christmas 2008 contest! Ridesmart Ridesmart Motorcycle School 11 01-25-2009 09:54 PM
Its really Christmas now! bioGuru Off Topic 13 12-25-2008 07:37 AM
Iiittttttttsssssssssss Christmas Grinchy Off Topic 6 12-24-2008 11:07 AM
what are you getting your SO for christmas? chasee69 Off Topic 76 12-19-2007 09:03 AM
Advertisement
Old 11-27-2007, 12:17 PM   #182
CLETUS
Jungle Racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxBritt04R6 View Post
Actually, in the book of Acts the followers of Jesus Christ - then called followers of "The Way" - were first called Christians at Antioch. ( Acts 11:26 ) The date can be narrowed down to about 30 to 40 years after the acension of Christ.

And as a matter of fact, people did jump up and say, "Hey, we're Christians now!" and were tormented, tortured, and killed for it. Read the book of Acts.

Britt
No, she's correct. It takes time to get the message out. Christ new this when he sent his apposels out to spread the word of Christ and his teachings. I don't have a bible infront of me but it was Easter, the 1st one actually.
Old 11-27-2007, 12:18 PM   #183
Crystalline
Can't ride now...

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 1

Send a message via Yahoo to Crystalline
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilmckee View Post
even still their taught as theories that has evidence

if things change im sure as adults we will be learn other wise, when the facts comes out
There is also evidence that the 3 Kings existed and other stories in the bible and only shows 's existance is because they believed it and used their faith and other examples as evidence.
Old 11-27-2007, 12:20 PM   #184
Crystalline
Can't ride now...

Quote:
even still their taught as theories that has evidence

if things change im sure as adults we will be learn other wise, when the facts comes out
I know, and that is what is wrong with it. You find a group of scientist who really BELIEVE that they research is true with a tiny amount of evidence to prove their theory and it's either accepted, or not and BAM taught in a manditory science class.
Old 11-27-2007, 12:20 PM   #185
lilmckee
Not part of the wannbes

Trackdays: 10+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystalline View Post
There is also evidence that the 3 Kings existed and other stories in the bible and only shows 's existance is because they believed it and used their faith and other examples as evidence.
so your saying there is none?

ya im sure some on the stories were semi-true, im sure there was a jesus, and i bet he was a great guy.

still doesnt prove theres

where is mckee?
lilmckee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 12:21 PM   #186
cogs69
Mayor of Coggerville

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
79cc mini cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faylaricia View Post
I don't think I am taking it too far. Christianity is a following, a belief, a religion, a faith, just like Judism is, Islam is, Wicca, Buddahism, Hindu etc. Nobody can discredit a faith if that is what you believe in. Everyone finds meaning in life in a different and their way.

One can argue the Bible, the belief in itself or unproven facts claimed to be true by the believers. In the end, it is all discussion, don't get so defensive.
Couldn't agree with you more, but my defense was against the post you made, you were saying (assuming you meant me) Christians aren't willing to believe that everything originated 1500 years ago, and what I was saying did not reflect your comment at all. I was just showing that things could have been twisted against Christians, just like people say writings were twisted FOR Christians.
cogs69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 12:22 PM   #187
lilmckee
Not part of the wannbes

Quote:
I know, and that is what is wrong with it. You find a group of scientist who really BELIEVE that they research is true with a tiny amount of evidence to prove their theory and it's either accepted, or not and BAM taught in a manditory science class.
thousands of scientist theorize what they believe, but cant find real fact

the ones that do are taught as theroies

where is mckee?
Old 11-27-2007, 12:22 PM   #188
Crystalline
Can't ride now...

Quote:
what evidence is there that exists? and try to give me some without saying.....bible

Well tell me that we descended from Ape with out a science book.
Old 11-27-2007, 12:22 PM   #189
ArturoC
51% Geek, 49% SuperHero

Bike(s):
'99 GSXR600
'04 NSR 50
'09 Yamaha WR250X
'07 Triumph 675

Member Garage

Send a message via ICQ to ArturoC Send a message via AIM to ArturoC Send a message via Yahoo to ArturoC Send a message via Skype™ to ArturoC
Quote:

There are a lot of places and things mentioned in the bible that exist. It's the leap to the supernatural beings and acts that lacks evidence. Without that, there is no evidence for your . If you base evidence on belief, there is/was belief in many gods, but you aren't arguing your case for Thor or Zeus?
CMRA [Prov Nov]ice #404
Sponsors: D&D - GoPro - Amsoil
ArturoC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 12:23 PM   #190
lilmckee
Not part of the wannbes

Quote:

arturo has a movie of it somewhere

where is mckee?
Old 11-27-2007, 12:24 PM   #191
lilmckee
Not part of the wannbes

Quote:

theres skeletons in museums

carbon dating

dna similarities

where is mckee?
Old 11-27-2007, 12:24 PM   #192
TxBritt08R1
Saved By Grace

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
2008 R1 - Sold!
2004 R6 - Sold!
2004 FZ6 - Sold!

Send a message via MSN to TxBritt08R1
Quote:
Originally Posted by CLETUS View Post
No, she's correct. It takes time to get the message out. Christ new this when he sent his apposels out to spread the word of Christ and his teachings. I don't have a bible infront of me but it was Easter, the 1st one actually.

There were thousands of people who trusted Christ and were converted at Peters sermon in Jerusalem. ( Acts 2:41 ) The Bible says that, "Then they that gladly received his word were baptized: and the same day there were added unto them about three thousand souls."

The growth of the early church didn't consist of "one guy here, one woman there". There were new converts coming in by the thousands. Those converts weren't "Sunday morning pew" Christians, they took up the cross and followed Jesus and preached the Gospel right along side the origional 11.

It took time for the gospel to leave the immediate area, but as far as Israel was concerned, one day there were Jews, and the next there were Christians among them.

Britt
For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. Romans 6:23
Originally Posted by Sifu-TZ
...I'm glad it's such a boring sport, what would it be like if they watched something a little more interesting, like football? they'd just spontaneously combust on the spot...
TxBritt08R1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 12:25 PM   #193
cogs69
Mayor of Coggerville

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
79cc mini cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArturoC View Post
There are a lot of places and things mentioned in the bible that exist. It's the leap to the supernatural beings and acts that lacks evidence. Without that, there is no evidence for your . If you base evidence on belief, there is/was belief in many gods, but you aren't arguing your case for Thor or Zeus?
Very valid points. I do recall one, the parting of the red sea. They actually discovered an army of armor and carriages and such at the bottom of it if I recall correctly. Let me look for it. That is the only "Supernatural" one that I can think of haveing a smidge of physical proof behind.
cogs69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 12:26 PM   #194
Faylaricia
The Comtesse

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'02 Honda VFR800

Quote:
What about the Greek gods and godesses? Aphrodite, Ares or Athena?

People always believed in supernatural powers but they also all believed that the way they interpreted it was the right way. Greeks believed there was a for everything in life while Israelities believed that Moses was sent from one . History shows that people went from believing in multiple gods to believing there is only one .

Is it because people have the need to explain things they cannot explain or is it because people have the deep need for a meaning in life or is it because there is truly a supernatural power, and if, which interpretation is real?

Those are the questions that prevent me from committing to one specific faith or any for that matter.
Old 11-27-2007, 12:26 PM   #195
Crystalline
Can't ride now...

Quote:
thousands of scientist theorize what they believe, but cant find real fact

the ones that do are taught as theroies
No, ones that still don't are taught as theories. That is why they are called theories. We were taught that dinasours were creatures with no hair for how long? Now we find out they actually had hair?

These are all theories. Evolution has not been proven, the trail of Ape to humans has not been proven, the moon has not been proven, neither has 's existance. It's all the same. It is what you believe to be "fact".
Old 11-27-2007, 12:28 PM   #196
ArturoC
51% Geek, 49% SuperHero

Bike(s):
'99 GSXR600
'04 NSR 50
'09 Yamaha WR250X
'07 Triumph 675

Member Garage

Send a message via ICQ to ArturoC Send a message via AIM to ArturoC Send a message via Yahoo to ArturoC Send a message via Skype™ to ArturoC
Quote:
You make a lot of claims against science, but you aren't disputing the actual evidence. You're dismissing things based on your beliefs.

Go watch it. Seriously, it might help.
http://www.motohouston.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=41249
CMRA [Prov Nov]ice #404
Sponsors: D&D - GoPro - Amsoil
ArturoC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 12:29 PM   #197
Crystalline
Can't ride now...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArturoC View Post
I agree with you 100% on that. I am providing comparisons on religion and science. They are the same. Well except for what chemicals we use, gravity, and things like social darwinism.
Old 11-27-2007, 12:30 PM   #198
Crystalline
Can't ride now...

Quote:
arturo has a movie of it somewhere
I have seen a movie of it. I have taken anthropology so learn more of this. Still doesn't prove anything. The closest evidence we have of this is Lucy.
Old 11-27-2007, 12:31 PM   #199
lilmckee
Not part of the wannbes

Quote:
No, ones that still don't are taught as theories. That is why they are called theories. We were taught that dinasours were creatures with no hair for how long? Now we find out they actually had hair?

These are all theories. Evolution has not been proven, the trail of Ape to humans has not been proven, the moon has not been proven, neither has 's existance. It's all the same. It is what you believe to be "fact".
what theory is taught without any fact?

that link you gave me gave three theories. i was taught the moon got caught in the gravitational pull. which is true in all the theories, weither or not it spun off the earth and got caught, or a metor bounceing off getting caught, etc

where is mckee?
Old 11-27-2007, 12:31 PM   #200
Crystalline
Can't ride now...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faylaricia View Post
What about the Greek gods and godesses? Aphrodite, Ares or Athena?

People always believed in supernatural powers but they also all believed that the way they interpreted it was the right way. Greeks believed there was a for everything in life while Israelities believed that Moses was sent from one . History shows that people went from believing in multiple gods to believing there is only one .

Is it because people have the need to explain things they cannot explain or is it because people have the deep need for a meaning in life or is it because there is truly a supernatural power, and if, which interpretation is real?

Those are the questions that prevent me from committing to one specific faith or any for that matter.
I am not arguing agaisnt peoples beliefs. I am stating that a lot of science is not fact either.

Advertisement