MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 11-26-2007, 10:42 AM   #1
logan5

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
2001 SV 650 (my track ), 2005 SV 650s

Funny story about my buddy crashing

Okay, first off ... his crash could have been way worse than it was and while the story it self is funny, his gear saved his life and without it this story would be very very different.

So my buddy in California went riding this weekend through some nice backroad twisties with his group of friends and ended up taking a turn a little too wide and got into a patch of loose gravel on the outside shoulder ... lowsided and slid off the road and down the wooded hill side. When his friends got to him, he was alive very sore but alive. 911 was called and the EMTs were on the way ...

Now, he had just gotten a brand new one peice Dianese and didn't want the paras to cut it off him, so he got his friends to help him get his upper body out of it ... in doing so they ended up dislocating his shoulder ... AND while they were all doing this, no one noticed that they were in a large patch of poison ivy ... so, not only did he mess up his shoulder, but he also ended up getting poison ivy all over him.

The trauma of all of this ends up sending his wife into labor (she was 5 days short of her due date). Oh and the paras did cut up is leathers anyway.
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FUNNY STORY SPYDER BITE Off Topic 28 03-05-2009 01:19 PM
Funny story Jay Off Topic 19 12-10-2008 03:49 PM
Funny little story Squoddybody Off Topic 7 03-12-2008 02:00 PM
funny story jrock Off Topic 15 04-19-2006 12:42 AM
Funny story Zapata Off Topic 6 08-23-2005 12:18 AM
Advertisement
Old 11-26-2007, 10:52 AM   #2
texlurch
Official MH tag inspector

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
04 ZX-10R
02 ZX-12R BOTM 12/11
00 ZX-12R
07 GSXR 600
00 TL1000R BOTM 07/12 (sold)

Member Garage

Lucky guy. Could have been the other direction and hit an oncoming car. Bet he remembers the next "spirited" ride...

And congrats on the new baby!! LOL!!
.... Home of the "Black Ninja's"
texlurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 10:59 AM   #3
txgsxrbob
THE SH*T STARTER IS BACK

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
06 GSXR 1K SOLD !
2012 R1 Moto GP replica # 1287

wow !! what an event to remember
Quote:
Originally Posted by pester View Post
NOW WHERE IS TXGSXRBOB WHEN WE NEED HIM????
txgsxrbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 02:42 PM   #4
Schmitty
um... i like beer.

Experience: 4 years

Bike(s):
04 Gixxer 750
06 Honda 300EX
09 extreme 125cc pit bike

Member Garage

i have a buddy that i let borrow my leathers so he could go to the track while i was out of town. He lowsided on the way to the track doin about 130 or so. He was knocked out right when he hit the pavement. He woke up in the ambulance just in time for him to tell them not to cut the leathers off because they were not his. They didn't cut them off. They peeled them off of him when he had a broken shoulder blade, dislocated shoulder, broken hand, four broken ribs, and a sprained ankle. he was okay and the leathers wre too. The doctor said the leathers held his arm on and that they saved his life. I'm glad i let him borrow them. They had a little hole on the shoulder that we got patched and just a few minor scuffs. They were a lot tougher than i thought they were. He's pretty tough too to deal with all the pain of stripping leathers off a broken body.
Schmitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 03:10 PM   #5
Squoddybody
This is me.

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
Custom 2003 SV650

This is a great story. I hope the guy was okay in the long run. B
Squoddybody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 03:11 PM   #6
Faylaricia
The Comtesse

Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'02 Honda VFR800

If he has insurance, the insurance will cover the leathers in case of an accident. Now if he does, that would be really funny because then all the fuss would've really been over nothing.

By the way, I had told my EMTs not to cut off the leathers but they wouldn't hear any of it. I did complain about backpain so maybe that is what made them cut off no matter what I was mumbling...
Old 11-26-2007, 03:33 PM   #7
Chris24
Thread Savior

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
1979 Yamaha XS1100 Special

Send a message via AIM to Chris24 Send a message via MSN to Chris24 Send a message via Yahoo to Chris24
getting in a accident days before the wife is supposed to pop is no way to do things. 10 to 1 she says "the bike has to go" and he is gonna have no room to stand on.
Old 11-26-2007, 04:39 PM   #8
logan5

Bike(s):
2001 SV 650 (my track ), 2005 SV 650s

He's got good insurance ... or should ... no reason why he wouldn't (i.e. he can afford it). Yeah, it was (in his words) the last time he'd be able to go out and hang with the boys, so this was going to be his last time out for a long time ... I guess now it really will be.

His wife is really cool though, I don't think she'll make him get rid of the bike ... though she's more that she's having to take care of two people right now. His arm is in a sling and should be okay in a couple weeks. His CBR is trashed, not sure what the insurance is going to do, but he laughed about making it a track bike now and getting a new street bike.
Old 11-26-2007, 05:51 PM   #9
Faylaricia
The Comtesse

Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'02 Honda VFR800

Quote:
Originally Posted by logan5 View Post
His CBR is trashed, not sure what the insurance is going to do, but he laughed about making it a track bike now and getting a new street bike.
Skid's CBR was totalled because plastics and all are so expensive. He ended up turning it into a trackbike. It makes a great trackbike!
Old 11-27-2007, 01:33 PM   #10
Schmitty
um... i like beer.

Bike(s):
04 Gixxer 750
06 Honda 300EX
09 extreme 125cc pit bike

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris24 View Post
getting in a accident days before the wife is supposed to pop is no way to do things. 10 to 1 she says "the bike has to go" and he is gonna have no room to stand on.
Good point. I didn't think about that. She would win that one for sure.
Schmitty is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement