MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Stunters Lounge
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 11-26-2007, 01:09 PM   #21
mekrew
naaaaaw i sayin

Feedback Rating: (4)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 10+

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to mekrew
i think it would be hard to "limit" the speed someone can go who is learning

what are you going to say "omg your going to fast your kicked out" then how will people learn

del, if your not an "sponsored rider" or "special" person are you going to pay $20 or so to ride at a spot once or 2x a week ?

do spectators pay ?
mekrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
streetfighter in the making? Perf_White_GT General Discussion (Moto Related) 3 12-27-2010 12:04 AM
The making of a Stunt bike ScooterTrash Stunters Lounge 17 09-19-2010 01:19 PM
Stunt help ASI 11/18 and 11/22 or new stunt spot Doc2209 Stunters Lounge 19 11-19-2009 03:56 PM
where to get help making brackets ... logan5 Performance and Modifications 11 04-15-2008 10:46 AM
Making my new avatar... Mr. Unassailable Off Topic 22 06-05-2007 11:08 PM
Advertisement
Old 11-26-2007, 01:11 PM   #22
del240z
MH's #1 HOBO

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 7 years

Bike(s):
None at the moment..... :-(

Quote:
Originally Posted by mekrew View Post
not going to make revenue if you make it secluded unless your just a baller and buying something like this for friends only

ya when i brainstorm ideas and concepts i always think of all the cons first THEN go to the pro. so you know what is the worst that can happen

there are tons of factors that would need to be thought about i think

1. on site emergency care
as opposed to a skate park yes there might be broken ankles bones etc, i think more damage can happen with someone trying to learn to wheelie and 300lb bike

2. size of area if it was to happen
if your wanting to keep the squids same from each other and everyone else it would have to be a pretty large slab of concrete. that where there could be a safety net or fence put in place to divide the 2 areas

3. cost just to maintain the area
restrooms, food drink ? or is this just some wide open piece of land to ride on. why not just buy an old run way and have at it

i could go on and on

Restroom not too worried about. I mean as far as cleaning is involved. I would be more concerned with sewage and water cost's from the city. Food and drink? How does Nacho's sound greg? ......haha no, but why couldnt it be basic like hotdog's and pizza or burgers? :dontknow:

Drinks? Start calling in sponsor's like rockstar, redbull, monster.....or just have to plot our what it would cost annually for providing this all our of pocket. Then again, I do have some relatives in the soft drink business, so it would also not be a problem for me getting a discounted rate...

Water? Install water fountains or buy bottled water. Cause you know dem stunters like thier water......

If you keep looking in the pantry and finding out its empty, eventually you go to a restaurant.
del240z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 01:12 PM   #23
thatboygeorge
powpows ftw

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
05 r6

Send a message via AIM to thatboygeorge
Quote:

what are you going to say "omg your going to fast your kicked out" then how will people learn

del, if your not an "sponsored rider" or "special" person are you going to pay $20 or so to ride at a spot once or 2x a week ?

do spectators pay ?
u havent got the memo? del is with servin it up makin siu 6.... haha but that is a true statement my broke isnt gonna pay to go ride everyday
thatboygeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 01:14 PM   #24
thatboygeorge
powpows ftw

Bike(s):
05 r6

and on the teachin ppl how to wheelie part put them on a fiddy till they got back brake down then tell them to get on a big bike... if they got the brake down they should be able to clutch it straight up to bp and not go over like 20
Old 11-26-2007, 01:16 PM   #25
del240z
MH's #1 HOBO

Bike(s):

Quote:

do spectators pay ?

True. WHich would go back to my original statement about having a designated section for rookie riders as well as advanced. This would not be by any means something we would let newbies run amok with. Sorta like "Ok now, here's the play pen now go play nice".....

That's why there would be rules set in place to limit risk of injury to riders and themselves. Limiting risk to a rider is one thing, but we can limit risks to spectators or riders that are waiting to make a pass when learning.

As for the EMS part of it, I gotta talk with the family friend who's a Paramedic with Clear lake about that. Gotta see what it would cost or if it would be possible to have EMS on standby.......

If you keep looking in the pantry and finding out its empty, eventually you go to a restaurant.
Old 11-26-2007, 01:18 PM   #26
mekrew
naaaaaw i sayin

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Del View Post
Restroom not too worried about. I mean as far as cleaning is involved. I would be more concerned with sewage and water cost's from the city. Food and drink? How does Nacho's sound greg? ......haha no, but why couldnt it be basic like hotdog's and pizza or burgers? :dontknow:

Drinks? Start calling in sponsor's like rockstar, redbull, monster.....or just have to plot our what it would cost annually for providing this all our of pocket. Then again, I do have some relatives in the soft drink business, so it would also not be a problem for me getting a discounted rate...

Water? Install water fountains or buy bottled water. Cause you know dem stunters like thier water......
i like nachos

but now by adding concession , your going to need to pay employees to serve the food and now you just added a food cost to running the spot

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatboygeorge View Post
u havent got the memo? del is with servin it up makin siu 6.... haha but that is a true statement my broke isnt gonna pay to go ride everyday
wtf u making siu6 ... del 240z baby

good idea about the 50's george

if someone was to make this have a loaner 50 section they pay $x.00 deposit to learn on a 50 and maybe someone there can help them

alcohol allowed in the compound ? that will open a world of stuff there
Old 11-26-2007, 01:21 PM   #27
del240z
MH's #1 HOBO

Bike(s):

Who say's you have to pay everyday? What about buying a yearly pass? As far as your concerned greg, you would be waived that fee, because you belong to a stunt team that's already been made, HPD. See? This is what I mean. If your Outer limits Freestyle or HD or Texas Most Wanted or Teamstunters then it's a different story because your not just some no name team that all of sudden popped up. It's teams like yourselves that have been on the game awhile.......

Old 11-26-2007, 01:22 PM   #28
thatboygeorge
powpows ftw

Bike(s):
05 r6

i will serve food if it pays for me to ride...lol or teach some1 how to wheelie a fiddy
Old 11-26-2007, 01:24 PM   #29
del240z
MH's #1 HOBO

Bike(s):

Quote:
i like nachos

but now by adding concession , your going to need to pay employees to serve the food and now you just added a food cost to running the spot

wtf u making siu6 ... del 240z baby

good idea about the 50's george

if someone was to make this have a loaner 50 section they pay $x.00 deposit to learn on a 50 and maybe someone there can help them

alcohol allowed in the compound ? that will open a world of stuff there

Understand about the food and services cost's. Noone said this was going to be a easy or daunting task. But I like the way you're thinking greg. Gives me more things to consider besides obvious one's.

Also, good idea with the fiddy's as well george. Maybe have them ride those until they can get the basics of a wheelie and back brake before letting them come in on they're own stunt piece and wreaking havoc......

Old 11-26-2007, 01:26 PM   #30
del240z
MH's #1 HOBO

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatboygeorge View Post
i will serve food if it pays for me to ride...lol or teach some1 how to wheelie a fiddy
And there you have it.....hahaha

"Employee's" that work there, if they so happen to ride as well, then they dont have to pay fee's to use the facilities. After all, they are serving you food and watching you ride.....

But you also have to treat it in a business sense. Money and friends dont mix well..........:/:

Old 11-26-2007, 01:27 PM   #31
mekrew
naaaaaw i sayin

Member Garage

Quote:
Who say's you have to pay everyday? What about buying a yearly pass? As far as your concerned greg, you would be waived that fee, because you belong to a stunt team that's already been made, HPD. See? This is what I mean. If your Outer limits Freestyle or HD or Texas Most Wanted or Teamstunters then it's a different story because your not just some no name team that all of sudden popped up. It's teams like yourselves that have been on the game awhile.......
well thats awesome if i get a stunters pass , but think about the little people too who want to learn

ya the yearly pass is a great idea

ya like george said i wouldnt mind showing people the basics of 50 wheelies , mekrew 50 wheelie school back in action

just throwing out other options to think about del thats all ...
like i said earlier i think of the worst, esp with something like this prob being a million dollar investment for someone
Old 11-26-2007, 01:30 PM   #32
del240z
MH's #1 HOBO

Bike(s):

Quote:
well thats awesome if i get a stunters pass , but think about the little people too who want to learn

ya the yearly pass is a great idea

ya like george said i wouldnt mind showing people the basics of 50 wheelies , mekrew 50 wheelie school back in action

just throwing out other options to think about del thats all ...
like i said earlier i think of the worst, esp with something like this prob being a million dollar investment for someone

Yezir. I understand. Now that's also another possibility I didnt consider greg. How would you feel about teaching people? Maybe getting paid for teaching people how to ride? :dontknow:

You do have alot of knowledge too pass down via teaching.....

Old 11-26-2007, 01:36 PM   #33
mekrew
naaaaaw i sayin

Member Garage

like i would ever say no to $ for teaching people the basics .. but im still thinking about the little people

i mean i can see people maybe putting down a deposit to ride a 50 and they are beaters so they really have to break something to lose some of the deposit. i know there are tons of people on here who would love to have someone teach them how to do the basics on a 50 with a teacher there helping.

ask meaner-n-u , she went through 1/2 a night of mekrew 50 school and i was surprised by the amount of progress in the short time

i guess im just a cheapo and it would be hard if i was someone who wanted to learn to be forking out $x.00 to learn to stunt how ever many times a week, but i dunno

ok back to it

so you have some giant concrete place with a noob and advanced section
you want a concession
bathrooms
entry cost
wanting on site ems

you going to have security to enfoce some rules ? more $ to fork out
what about the alcoholic beverages, you know marcus needs his sparks LOL
Old 11-26-2007, 01:37 PM   #34
PoYoHpd
Houston Phifty Domination

Experience: 4 years

Bike(s):
04 Gsxr 600/ 03 honda xr50

Send a message via AIM to PoYoHpd
so.... your making this park del?????
PoYoHpd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 01:38 PM   #35
del240z
MH's #1 HOBO

Bike(s):

Hmmm.....security......security.......

Tazers anyone?

I can just see it now......"Don't taze me bro"......

Old 11-26-2007, 01:39 PM   #36
del240z
MH's #1 HOBO

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoYoHpd View Post
so.... your making this park del?????
Thinking about it. I'm also talking with mike luinstra from outerlimitz freestyle. He said he's done alot of research on this and he's sending me what he has....

Old 11-26-2007, 01:39 PM   #37
mekrew
naaaaaw i sayin

Member Garage

Quote:
I can just see it now......"Don't taze me bro"......
Old 11-26-2007, 01:41 PM   #38
mekrew
naaaaaw i sayin

Member Garage

and remember your whole friends and $ thing .. think of this one

ok so i have the lifetime pass cause im hpd so i get in free, so i show up and stunt-r's ol gay shows up who never rides and wants to get in free cause hes hpd .. what do you do...

or someone else who is a friend of an "invite" member, cause everyone will be looking to skip out on cost and ride
Old 11-26-2007, 01:42 PM   #39
PoYoHpd
Houston Phifty Domination

Experience: 4 years

Bike(s):
04 Gsxr 600/ 03 honda xr50

Send a message via AIM to PoYoHpd
Quote:
Thinking about it. I'm also talking with mike luinstra from outerlimitz freestyle. He said he's done alot of research on this and he's sending me what he has....
woowwww.....

sounds like a cool idea but it ant gonna be easy.... alot of money....

plus i dont think the stunt crowd is a big in houston like flordia...
PoYoHpd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 01:42 PM   #40
mekrew
naaaaaw i sayin

Member Garage

are you trying to make money off of this or just have something open

if your wanting to have something open, why not go buy some giant piece of land on some property you own and invite who YOU want ... there u go stunt park of your own

or look into the cost of getting a giant 100ydx100yd concrete area , that sounds PLENTY big enough

Advertisement