MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Stunters Lounge
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 11-26-2007, 03:55 AM   #1
del240z
MH's #1 HOBO

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 7 years

Bike(s):
None at the moment..... :-(

Stunt park in the making.......?

Was just on SL and was reading about how they're trying to make a stunt park down there in FL. What I was thinking, dependent on how semi-big the stunt community is, how would you all feel about a stunt park here in houston?

They have skate parks built all around houston to keep em off the schools and streets, so why couldnt we apply that to stuntriders as well? Now of course, the obvious question lies about liability to oneself or property etc. etc., but if motocross parks are allowed to be built with liabilty waivers for individuals participating in such events, then I believe the same could apply for a "stunt park".

Just have any and all riders that want to ride in "said" facility sign a liability waiver that's been notarized and legal locked so that way the park doesnt fall under responsibility for death, dismemberment etc. etc.......

Plus, I also believe that with this idea taking off, we could set a positive role for the younger generation as well as older, that we want to take this off the streets and start promoting a good name for stuntriders.

Plus, it would also attract revenue dependent on if some teams would like to do shows or host other events.......

Then come the sponsors. Just think of all the publicity we could make them by selling gear, parts, drinks, helmets, you name it. I dont want to think too big outside the box, but let's hear some opinions on this. I want honest feedback and no bullshit. I really think this would/could be a not to distant dream given the right attitude......

If you keep looking in the pantry and finding out its empty, eventually you go to a restaurant.
del240z is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
streetfighter in the making? Perf_White_GT General Discussion (Moto Related) 3 12-27-2010 12:04 AM
The making of a Stunt bike ScooterTrash Stunters Lounge 17 09-19-2010 01:19 PM
Stunt help ASI 11/18 and 11/22 or new stunt spot Doc2209 Stunters Lounge 19 11-19-2009 03:56 PM
where to get help making brackets ... logan5 Performance and Modifications 11 04-15-2008 10:46 AM
Making my new avatar... Mr. Unassailable Off Topic 22 06-05-2007 11:08 PM
Advertisement
Old 11-26-2007, 05:44 AM   #2
matemike
Grip it 'n' Rip it!

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2007 GSXR 750
2007 GSXR 600...tracked out

Member Garage

Sounds like a great idea, good views on the sponsorships and keeping stunts off the busy streets. But might want to consider making some sort of criteria for the riders to meet before just anybody could go in there, sign the waiver, and stunt. It would suck for some noob to hurt/kill themself or anybody else for that matter. It would start to look real bad real quick if that happened.
Old 11-26-2007, 11:15 AM   #3
mekrew
naaaaaw i sayin

Feedback Rating: (4)

Experience: 1-3 months

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to mekrew
good luck with that one del

can we say lawsuit after lawsuit

im not going to want to ride at some place with a bunch of squids power wheeling all over the place
mekrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 12:17 PM   #4
Scorpio
Twist the Grip, Let'r Rip

Feedback Rating: (6)

Experience: 10+ years

450x sumo (sold)
RC51 (sold)
Honda Grom 125(sold)

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to Scorpio
Yeah, it is a noble idea, but might have a hard time getting some of these guys to follow any type of safety rules as alot of stunters I've seen tend to have a total disregard for safety in general(no hatin' intended). It would be cool though, and I'd come check it out, but it would take alot of policeing and management to make it work. Good luck to you if you decide to do it.
Scorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 12:19 PM   #5
del240z
MH's #1 HOBO

Bike(s):

I see yer point about the squids greg, but there's gotta be a better way were going to keep down on the calamari that would enter the park. Sorta like you have to know a certain amount of tricks type deal....

What about guys who like to endo/stoppie? :dontknow:

If you keep looking in the pantry and finding out its empty, eventually you go to a restaurant.
Old 11-26-2007, 12:21 PM   #6
del240z
MH's #1 HOBO

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpio View Post
Yeah, it is a noble idea, but might have a hard time getting some of these guys to follow any type of safety rules as alot of stunters I've seen tend to have a total disregard for safety in general(no hatin' intended). It would be cool though, and I'd come check it out, but it would take alot of policeing and management to make it work. Good luck to you if you decide to do it.
I see your point on that as well. I know there would be alot of factors in play for this to happen, but every point that's been spoken can also be applied to skate and motocross parks. There's squids in every aspect of sports, some less dangerous than others.......:dontknow:

Old 11-26-2007, 12:23 PM   #7
Patrick
Motorcycles Unlimited

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
'14 Speed Triple R, '82 CB900F, '13 Streetglide

I think it's a great idea!
What truly needs to be researched is Texas liability laws and cost of insurance.
Texas has some unique perspectives on "signing away ones rights", i.e. hold harmless waiver.

Maybe one of our resident attorneys would care to elaborate?

NEED GEAR? We have a great selection in stock but if we need to order it we GUARANTEE FIT!
Where Houston riders go to have their bikes worked on, done right the first time!

muad

1964 FM 1960 West
Houston, TX 77090
Hours: Tues.-Fri. 9:30-6:00 Sat. 9-5:30
www.motorcycles-unlimited.com
http://www.facebook.com/motorcyclesunlimited
e-mail: patrick@motorcycles-unlimited.com
Patrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 12:32 PM   #8
thatboygeorge
powpows ftw

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
05 r6

Send a message via AIM to thatboygeorge
that would be nice... but wouldnt u have to pay to ride there? most guys get paid to ride places or have there own spot to practice without payin to ride
thatboygeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 12:42 PM   #9
del240z
MH's #1 HOBO

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatboygeorge View Post
that would be nice... but wouldnt u have to pay to ride there? most guys get paid to ride places or have there own spot to practice without payin to ride
Tis true George. But how many times have we gotten thrown out of our lots or had our blown up a la ASI style? I mean, this is just not any regular park for every squid within a 100 mile radius to congregate too. Wether we like it or not, there's gotta be rules for people to follow by.......

Sorta like:

1) Always WEAR UR GEAR.....

2) Make sure your bike is in working condition (this will be a hard one for stunters....)

3) RIDE AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!! :dontknow:

Old 11-26-2007, 12:47 PM   #10
del240z
MH's #1 HOBO

Bike(s):

Plus it's also dependent on what kind of contractual agreements we would have with actual "Sponsored Team Riders".......

Sorta like the "Toyota Center or Minute Maid Park" for stuntriders......

Maybe waiver the fee's to stunt teams who are already set in stone and not just give it out to some squid who say's he represents this team and can barely do a wheelie.......

Old 11-26-2007, 12:51 PM   #11
mekrew
naaaaaw i sayin

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpio View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Del View Post
I see your point on that as well. I know there would be alot of factors in play for this to happen, but every point that's been spoken can also be applied to skate and motocross parks. There's squids in every aspect of sports, some less dangerous than others.......:dontknow:
skate parks , skateboards going what 5mph where u can run to avoid someone. at skate parks kids wanting to learn can go off on their own and stay out of the way of each other. it would seem a bunch of 300lb bikes flying around wouldnt be the safest thing

havent heard much about motocross parks

Quote:
i guess the perk would be its the hang out spot for all stunters, but ya paying to ride every weekend would be eh

i can see something like this being a logical idea in florida b/c their stunt crowd is huge , but i dont think houston's stunt scene is THAT big to attract enough people to stay a float and attract enough revenue
Old 11-26-2007, 12:52 PM   #12
mekrew
naaaaaw i sayin

Member Garage

Quote:
3) RIDE AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!! :dontknow:
are you going to feel safe in a big lot with 10 people trying to learn 60mph 1st gear wheelies

just think of old asi days when everyone was like "im not riding too dangerous"
Old 11-26-2007, 12:54 PM   #13
del240z
MH's #1 HOBO

Bike(s):

See? That's the only thing i'm a little skeptical about. Do we or if we had a big enough community of riders, would we still be able to keep a place like this running? I mean, this is still just an idea, but imagine the possibilities......

Old 11-26-2007, 12:56 PM   #14
del240z
MH's #1 HOBO

Bike(s):

That's why we cant open this up just to anyone. Or, or.....have a designated section for "rookies" and "advanced" riders. No one said it would be easy trying to figure all this out, but I think I know where your coming from greg. Your just trying to throw me all the plausible possibilities and see if it's even still worth it.......

Old 11-26-2007, 12:58 PM   #15
thatboygeorge
powpows ftw

Bike(s):
05 r6

Quote:
Originally Posted by mekrew View Post
are you going to feel safe in a big lot with 10 people trying to learn 60mph 1st gear wheelies

just think of old asi days when everyone was like "im not riding too dangerous"
we could have speed limit signs and our own police to kick ppl out who break the rules... lol unless ur doin a coaster or stoppie u cant go over 10 mph... haha
Old 11-26-2007, 01:00 PM   #16
thatboygeorge
powpows ftw

Bike(s):
05 r6

Quote:
That's why we cant open this up just to anyone. Or, or.....have a designated section for "rookies" and "advanced" riders. No one said it would be easy trying to figure all this out, but I think I know where your coming from greg. Your just trying to throw me all the plausible possibilities and see if it's even still worth it.......
but the defintion of rookies and advanced is im the rookie and joe is the advanced
Old 11-26-2007, 01:03 PM   #17
del240z
MH's #1 HOBO

Bike(s):

.....while that could be a possibility as well george, it's not a bad idea.

Maybe designate a certain MPH speed limit that if broken, your ejected from the park. Sorta like, staying off the big ramps in skate parks that you had to pay to go to.

I know there's alot of if's, and's and but's, but this is not something I want to rush into not knowing the full aspect of what it would entail to make it a reality. So keep the ?'s coming, cause this makes for a very informative idea.....

Old 11-26-2007, 01:06 PM   #18
mekrew
naaaaaw i sayin

Member Garage

Quote:
not going to make revenue if you make it secluded unless your just a baller and buying something like this for friends only

ya when i brainstorm ideas and concepts i always think of all the cons first THEN go to the pro. so you know what is the worst that can happen

there are tons of factors that would need to be thought about i think

1. on site emergency care
as opposed to a skate park yes there might be broken ankles bones etc, i think more damage can happen with someone trying to learn to wheelie and 300lb bike

2. size of area if it was to happen
if your wanting to keep the squids same from each other and everyone else it would have to be a pretty large slab of concrete. that where there could be a safety net or fence put in place to divide the 2 areas

3. cost just to maintain the area
restrooms, food drink ? or is this just some wide open piece of land to ride on. why not just buy an old run way and have at it

i could go on and on
Old 11-26-2007, 01:06 PM   #19
del240z
MH's #1 HOBO

Bike(s):

Quote:
but the defintion of rookies and advanced is im the rookie and joe is the advanced
LOL....i'm pretty sure alot of us are rookies.....my squid-a-licous self included.....

But, it would give newbies a chance to start practicing without putting other advanced riders at risk.....

This also goes in hand with new riders going to fast wanting to learn. Sorta like a "dont get out of first gear" policy......

Old 11-26-2007, 01:07 PM   #20
thatboygeorge
powpows ftw

Bike(s):
05 r6

im thinkin the only way this would open is if a motorcycle shop opened on a big enough piece of land

Advertisement