MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Off Topic (everything else) > Off Topic
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 11-25-2007, 03:03 PM   #41
tomLSTD
LSTD Mob Cappo

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh302 View Post
Judge said it was not assault, distruction of property maybe. If I had to do it over, I would probably keep my mouth shut.
So the judge threw it out? I guess I'm hearing that you won, but are not satisfied? Did they not fix the damage to your vehicle?

Just curious, not many people follow up with stuff like this. Most of the time, people about things with no follow through.

In our City, I know that the City pays for a lot of stuff for complaints and dismiss a LOT of tickets too.
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
who was pulled over last night@ 45 & 646 texasboy713 General Discussion (Moto Related) 5 10-23-2010 05:46 PM
Someone Pulled over on BW8 and 45s last night bdmpastx General Discussion (Moto Related) 3 03-10-2008 12:59 AM
Who pulled up to Sherlocks last night???? BigComfy General Discussion (Moto Related) 13 12-07-2007 07:42 PM
Advertisement
Old 11-25-2007, 03:11 PM   #42
tomLSTD
LSTD Mob Cappo

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by infidel View Post
what ever happened to cops helping you change your tire help with your car broken down? how is writng me a ticket for a dirty license plate or my window tint, for the greater good? it all about money. most could give a shiit less about the greater good hey just wanna write ticket so the city or county makes more money.
Cops in our City still do that, so does the FD. Now, in Houston? Not gonna happen.

I think if you (or someone) gets written up for a dirty lp or window tint (which if your window tint is illegal... no big shocker there to get a ticket) it may be to justify pulling you over for something they suspected may be a worse offense. Some of my PD friends have caught some very serious offenses through routine stops with probably cause or because they saw an infraction that justified the stop and yielded a bigger catch (offense-wise).

If you guys think that Cities or Counties are getting rich off tickets, you may want to get an open records account of things before you assume things like that.
Old 11-25-2007, 03:29 PM   #43
witchdoctor575
certified shutterbug

Feedback Rating: (11)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
07 triumph D675(sold)
05 busa LE (sold)
03 rc51 (sold)
99 superhawk (wrecked)
01 shadow 1100 (sold)

Member Garage

let me tell you about brazoria county S.O. My father was going through a messy breakup. my wife and I got caught in the middle of it all. Starting incident...s.o. gets called for domestic disturbance at dads girlfriends place, during incident father has a heart attack. EMS is called for father and during the wait cop is about the situation and father is restless. Dad tries to sit up and officer kicks him in the face to get him to lay down. Father goes to hospital where hospital complains to s.o. about fathers face. father gets out and comes home and files complaint against officers. A few days later he ex-girlfriend comes into my house uninvited and takes wifes(now ex-wife)dog. Ex wife follows out to car trying to get dog back and in the process gets some scrtaches on the arm and we fail to get dog back so s.o. was called about theft of animal. s.o. arrives and writes down report and we all go over to 's house. she starts spewing b.s. to s.o. deputy and they come and take a report against my ex-wife for the scratches. They say it is a standard deal to document the situation and that we would have to go to civil court for the dog...fine. A week later at 4am in the morning the deputy that took the report against my ex and the deputy that dad files the complaint on came and took my wife away to jail for class a assault. hows that for you. 6 months later the charges were reduced to class c assault, 6 monthes after that it went to court and got toosed out of the system. The system for busting crooked cops is b.s. I should know...my mom retired out of I.A. for the gov't a few months ago...she was always working on crooked cop cases.
witchdoctor575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 03:47 PM   #44
PoPoRiderRR
NO MO BIKE guy!

Feedback Rating: (0)

Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
2007 CBR 1000 RR *** SOLD ***

Today while on duty I went to eat at Chilis w/ my partner and as I sat down realized that the waitress was a lady I arrested 1 week ago... instead of getting all worked up and thinking that my food would have been spit on, I sat down with confidence in knowing that I treate her very well despite her having been arrested... I sad down and the fist thing she told me what " thank you for treating me so nice that day and making it as pleasant as it cold have been" I know this type of thanks happens to me atleast 2 times a week... I am sorry for all of the bad experiences you all have faced but remember there are MANY great cops out there... Remember cops always meet people under Bad situations... So that usually sticks in peoples mind but I promise the Good outweigh the BAD
Old 11-25-2007, 03:52 PM   #45
witchdoctor575
certified shutterbug

Bike(s):
07 triumph D675(sold)
05 busa LE (sold)
03 rc51 (sold)
99 superhawk (wrecked)
01 shadow 1100 (sold)

Member Garage

I agree there are many many good people out there doing their job....just like the sportbike community there are a few bad apples that give the whole bunch a bad rep.
Old 11-25-2007, 03:58 PM   #46
PoPoRiderRR
NO MO BIKE guy!

Bike(s):

If me being a cop or cops as a general would only go by the negative stories we have about sportbike riders, then I would dislike everyone on this forum... AND I DONT... in fact many are my best friends... its a case by case basis...
Old 11-25-2007, 04:18 PM   #47
Tumper
Hullo

Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
2004 Speed Triple SE
01 KLR650,
93 Dyna Wide Glide
11 BMW F800GS
Cannondale F-4...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RACER X View Post
also in "normal" adult males, beer is broken down 1 drink per hour, w/ 4 in 3 you were over.

funny, he did find you guilty of a crime and yet your .
Well, normally cops don't "find you guity" of anything, a jury does.

It is not against the law to drink and drive, only to drive while over the lmit as I am sure you are aware.

The fact is that cops can be pricks, period. Not all are, but some undoubtedly are, I have hung out with many of them and as long as you are in good with them you are golden, but if you aren't you are toast. I have a really good friend who is an HPD officer who rides and he and I are pretty tight. So I know that they aren't all , but don't fool yourself, some are just that.

And many of them break the very laws we are discussing.....
Old 11-25-2007, 04:24 PM   #48
Gixxer Geezer
All day long I'm shufflin

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
06 honda vtx 1300
06 Busa limited. sold
2 Gixxer 600. sold
85 Honda Hurricane. sold
56 Triumph, 64 BSA, Thunderbolt, 66 BSA Lightning Bolt, 64 Honda Scrambler. all sold

DPS stops me all the time on my busa.. guess it just looks like it is going too fast.. then they give me that old is this your kids bike.. can you handle this bike.. like i am too old to own and ride this bike.. and as always i am as polite and nice as can be.. biting my tongue off to keep from telling this SOB off.. but they let me go and act like they are looking for someone on a bike just like mine.. so who ever is speeding up and down hwy 6 from alvin to sugarland. stop it.. i keep getting pulled over.. that is all...

What part of "I Don't Care", Don't you Understand?
Gixxer Geezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 04:28 PM   #49
witchdoctor575
certified shutterbug

Bike(s):
07 triumph D675(sold)
05 busa LE (sold)
03 rc51 (sold)
99 superhawk (wrecked)
01 shadow 1100 (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gixxer Geezer View Post
DPS stops me all the time on my busa.. guess it just looks like it is going too fast.. then they give me that old is this your kids bike.. can you handle this bike.. like i am too old to own and ride this bike.. and as always i am as polite and nice as can be.. biting my tongue off to keep from telling this SOB off.. but they let me go and act like they are looking for someone on a bike just like mine.. so who ever is speeding up and down hwy 6 from alvin to sugarland. stop it.. i keep getting pulled over.. that is all...

I'm sorry jim...I borrowed your bike the other day and let her rip...she is a fast one
Old 11-25-2007, 04:55 PM   #50
Pre-K

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2012 CBR1000RR
2014 Specialized

Quote:
Originally Posted by infidel View Post
it all about money. most could give a shiit less about the greater good hey just wanna write ticket so the city or county makes more money.
I joined the force for the bad- pay... it had nothing to do with (being naive) thinking I could make a real difference for honest people.

And I work so many extra jobs and overtime 'cause I have nothing better to do (and its a chance to write more tickets).

(Yes, obviously the system is based on money; which I happen NOT to agree with because not everyone is on the same "playing field". But to think that I somehow profit from tickets and arrests is absurd. Look at the city's or county's revenue and you'll see where the bulk of the money comes from, and where most of that money is spent. Or go check my bank account...)

Seriously, what is MY PERSONAL MOTIVATION for writing tickets and making arrests???????? Law enforcement is not employee owned, we don't get quarterly bonus checks based on gross profits, etc... and whoever thinks so is a fukking moron...
Pre-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 05:07 PM   #51
Gixxer Geezer
All day long I'm shufflin

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
06 honda vtx 1300
06 Busa limited. sold
2 Gixxer 600. sold
85 Honda Hurricane. sold
56 Triumph, 64 BSA, Thunderbolt, 66 BSA Lightning Bolt, 64 Honda Scrambler. all sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by witchdoctor575 View Post
I'm sorry jim...I borrowed your bike the other day and let her rip...she is a fast one

oh thanks man. hahaha.. so now they are hassleing me.. cant they just let an old guy cruise... last time he told me i was speeding.. i told him no i wasnt.. but if he had been down the road about 10 miles.. he might have a point then....

What part of "I Don't Care", Don't you Understand?
Gixxer Geezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 05:07 PM   #52
pimp2303

Bike(s):
78 Yamaha yz400, 07 Honda cr-f230,

Member Garage

You Drink, You Drive, You Go To Jail. Bottom Line
Old 11-25-2007, 05:34 PM   #53
FuDog

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
2007 R6, 2002 GSX-R 600

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomLSTD View Post
Cops in our City still do that, so does the FD. Now, in Houston? Not gonna happen.

I think if you (or someone) gets written up for a dirty lp or window tint (which if your window tint is illegal... no big shocker there to get a ticket) it may be to justify pulling you over for something they suspected may be a worse offense. Some of my PD friends have caught some very serious offenses through routine stops with probably cause or because they saw an infraction that justified the stop and yielded a bigger catch (offense-wise).

If you guys think that Cities or Counties are getting rich off tickets, you may want to get an open records account of things before you assume things like that.

i work for Houston. I get off work at 630am. The morning after thanksgiving at 620am a calls because her honda element stalled on dairy ashford and w. belfort. So I go over there. She doesnt want to pay for a wrecker because a gas station is "just down the street". So I pushed her car from w. belfort to w. airport while she sat inside steering. The whole time she was giving me attitude because it took 10 min for police to get there, which apparently she felt was too long. I didnt change any tires, but I like to think this counts.

Why didnt I push her car with my own instead of doing it by hand like a dumbass? 1. I needed to work off all the turkey. 2. the last time someone did that, the person who needed help thanked the officer profusely, then filed a complaint against the officer for leaving this tiny scratch on her bumper.

Almost all the cops you guys run into are dicks. Almost all the citizens we run in to happen to be dicks too.

And as for getting rich off of tickets being our motivation? That would be like the kid at Wal Mart doing his best to sell stuff so that walmart will make more money.
FuDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 05:38 PM   #54
infidel
drpickles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pre-K View Post
I joined the force for the bad- pay... it had nothing to do with (being naive) thinking I could make a real difference for honest people.

And I work so many extra jobs and overtime 'cause I have nothing better to do (and its a chance to write more tickets).

(Yes, obviously the system is based on money; which I happen NOT to agree with because not everyone is on the same "playing field". But to think that I somehow profit from tickets and arrests is absurd. Look at the city's or county's revenue and you'll see where the bulk of the money comes from, and where most of that money is spent. Or go check my bank account...)

Seriously, what is MY PERSONAL MOTIVATION for writing tickets and making arrests???????? Law enforcement is not employee owned, we don't get quarterly bonus checks based on gross profits, etc... and whoever thinks so is a fukking moron...
none said you make money off the tickets the city or county does.
Chlamydia. I think I might name my daughter Chlamydia.
infidel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 05:45 PM   #55
infidel
drpickles

i work hard at work to sell even though i get in return . why do you write bullshit tickets? why not help the cripple across the street? or write tickets for that actually is a hazard like the mexican with 12ft of hanging out of thier truck or the dude driving the 19 throw it way truck down the road that no where near legal, or arresting the illegals that hang out at the home depot at bellaire and the beltway or westpark and 59 or center st and shepard???? or the whores or the crackheads on the corners? you guys would rather write a ticket for windowtint or not using a blinker for some reason...
Old 11-25-2007, 05:46 PM   #56
infidel
drpickles

guess it just easier to write a ticket instead or actually doing your job.
Old 11-25-2007, 06:13 PM   #57
PoPoRiderRR
NO MO BIKE guy!

Bike(s):

who the fudge said we dont do those things??? Infidel...tickets are only 5 percent of what we do... truth is there are dicks in all walks of life... but some want to concentrate on the cops... lets start kicking salesman for ripping us off, retail people for annoying us with " can I help you " 100 times over ( You can help me when I tell you you can ), IRS for making us pay taxes, Pilots for making our planes late at times, weathermen for getting it wrong all the time, Doctors for charging us 500.00 dollars for showing up and doing just that ( nothing else ),garbage people for not putting the lids back on the trash cans and waking us up, yardmen for leaving the leaves all over, firemen for blowing out our eardrums w/their trucks for the smallest call, Volunteer FireFighters going fast for the smallest call ( Wooo Woooos ), apartment managers for not fixing our issues within the hour, Food establishments for messing up our food all the dang time, lawyers for well... being lawyers, churches for making priest rich ect ect ect... many of you will get the gist of this... So why do we concentrate on cops so much??? Many know why... for those that don't well keep doing what yall are doing... funny thing is Infadel and other alike... you all make it seem like We do nothing but write tickets and bc of that we are BAAAADDDD... go and ask the women who are getting beat by their husbands... ask them if a ticket is all we do... or the homeowner that has called us when a person with a gun is inside their house... or ask the family memeber of a deceased... ask them how they felt when we caught the killer... ask them if a ticket is all we did...
Old 11-25-2007, 06:23 PM   #58
infidel
drpickles

i got problems with everyone .. but this thread is about you guys and the fact i see and a whole lot of other people see alot of you should be "policeing" that you don't . most cops do as little as possible to make i though the day . pulling people over for stupid is just "easier" than actually doing your job. i spent years working with cops and also training them . cant compare yourself to doctors they do eight years of school most cops have minimal `college and a lil time in the academy and have little or no training other than that. i concentrate on cops because 90% of them have the littleman syndrome or a sense of entitlement. how come a cop can drive 90 on the freeway when he isnt on a call? and i can't? or run stop sign just cause he feels like it. lucky i can't issue ticket or you'd prolly have a ticket everytime i sxaw one.
Old 11-25-2007, 06:25 PM   #59
PoPoRiderRR
NO MO BIKE guy!

Bike(s):

bc we went to 4 1/2 months of the Police Academy and you didnt...lol... simple for ya???
Old 11-25-2007, 06:25 PM   #60
PoPoRiderRR
NO MO BIKE guy!

Bike(s):

waiting for the 4 1/2 month academy joke... tic toc tic toc tic toc tic toc

Advertisement