Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 11-28-2007, 03:35 PM   #61
tomLSTD
LSTD Mob Cappo

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Member Garage

True that John. I can't find the link to it, but it's true. One of the new owners is a real estate investor, one is the Ferrari Club owner and I can't remember the third, but I think he's real estate too.

Rumor is that they plan a refurb to make the place a world class facility.

Sounds steep, but I think this group can make it happen with their resources and the rumor that they paid considerably less than was originally asked.

Fingers crossed!
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Thanks from Texas Xtreme Off Road Racing! Otis Events, Meets and Rides 0 05-24-2010 08:34 AM
CCS NOT racing in Texas next year??? cdill35 Taking it to the Track 52 12-20-2008 02:26 PM
Texas Yamaha CCS thanks dankston Taking it to the Track 3 04-27-2008 11:38 PM
CCS Racing Weekend Feb 2 & 3 bdmpastx Events, Meets and Rides 12 02-07-2008 12:24 PM
New CCS SOUTH & racing MSR Houston! mammothmc Taking it to the Track 87 08-30-2007 07:03 PM
Advertisement
Old 11-28-2007, 03:36 PM   #62
Buck Beasley
Older,Wiser,Faster

Experience: 10+ years

'05 Suzuki SV 650,

'04 Vespa 150

Member Garage

Send a message via Yahoo to Buck Beasley
I would imagine all scheduled dates would be rolled over with the new owners. Unless of course there is a repave in the near future. That would be worth a year wait!! My biggest fear is that the new car oriented owners would place Armco barriers or something to protect thier cars. Would love to see the revampt and improved Texas classic.
Buck Beasley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 03:38 PM   #63
tomLSTD
LSTD Mob Cappo

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck Beasley View Post
My biggest fear is that the new car oriented owners would place Armco barriers or something to protect thier cars.
I hope not too, but the last time I checked, Ferrari owners with cars that cost tens of thousands of dollars, were not too keen on hitting armco either...
All we need to do is check to the new track up north to confirm that theory.
Old 11-28-2007, 03:50 PM   #64
Buck Beasley
Older,Wiser,Faster

'05 Suzuki SV 650,

'04 Vespa 150

Member Garage

I saw that stuff in the Eagles Canyon video. WFT...........again!! At least Marcus is WELL aware and shouldn't make that mistake.
Old 11-28-2007, 03:58 PM   #65
tomLSTD
LSTD Mob Cappo

Member Garage

Quote:
I saw that stuff in the Eagles Canyon video. WFT...........again!! At least Marcus is WELL aware and shouldn't make that mistake.
Apparently, you and I weren't the only ones shouting "WTF?". I heard the members are quite upset. I'm waiting for Ty's reply to some of that stuff, I heard from behind the scenes that he showed up after being gone for one day and it was up there. Kinda throws a wrench in to any racing there me thinks.

I know Marcus won't make that mistake.

(you won't, right Marcus?)
Old 11-28-2007, 04:00 PM   #66
Swift E

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
Triumph 675

I just read that they are moving the armco at Eagles Canyon
Old 11-28-2007, 04:02 PM   #67
tomLSTD
LSTD Mob Cappo

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swift E View Post
I just read that they are moving the armco at Eagles Canyon
I bet it will take months for the SCCA "official" that said it "had to be there" to get the egg off his face... the armco will be easier to get rid of!
Old 11-28-2007, 04:50 PM   #68
MacMan
S. McNamara LSTD Mob Boss

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
2006 KTM950SM, 1996 Harley-Davidson FXDL

It looks as though ECR has listened to Ty and the other motorcycle folks that expressed concerns about the tracks safety. It will be mid spring before those mods can take shape. It is going to be expensive and that is quite unfortunate. The $$ spent on Armco could buy a great wireless PA system, radios, and other needed equipment to make operations easier.
Bummer..............

As far as booking a 2008 schedule TWS (Texas World Speedway) has always given long term regular customers premier dates. Ride Smart and LSTD have always waited for the CMRA to book their dates so we minimize any scheduling conflicts.
The majority of our instructors race and this becomes an issue.

We have been holding events at TWS (Texas World Speedway) since 2001. Do you think as a business that they should take care of customers that have been paying their bills for 7 years. I think so.
As I mentioned earlier in this post there is SEVERE competition for weekend track dates. I didn't get any blood on my shoes when I booked our 2008 events.

Buck has an unusual situation at MSRH. His events coincide with dates already set aside for members. It makes it easier to cancel events due to weather and other situations that might end up differently if he had to rent the facility for the day and the expenses that go along with it.
Cudos to him on having that kind of relationship and flexability.
Old 11-29-2007, 09:24 AM   #69
Buck Beasley
Older,Wiser,Faster

'05 Suzuki SV 650,

'04 Vespa 150

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacMan View Post
We have been holding events at TWS (Texas World Speedway) since 2001. Do you think as a business that they should take care of customers that have been paying their bills for 7 years. I think so.
I would think so too, why not get a better rain out policy? Where is the Macman leverage???
Old 11-29-2007, 09:39 AM   #70
tomLSTD
LSTD Mob Cappo

Member Garage

Quote:
I would think so too, why not get a better rain out policy? Where is the Macman leverage???
I think the "Macman" leverage has been pretty good with TWS (Texas World Speedway) IMHO. We have enjoyed the track time we're able to provide to our customers, and any one of our 4 (soon to be 5) venues throughout the State.

We have given out tons of credits to our customers with regard to rain-outs, and I think Macman and crew have done a bang-up job of taking care of their customers

With the new ownership, LSTD's long-standing relationship with the track, and LSTD's owner's relationship with the new owners of TWS (Texas World Speedway), things will only get better from here. Maybe the new owners will have a different outlook in regard to rain-outs at TWS (Texas World Speedway), but I know that Macman and crew will continue to "do right" by the customers who continue to patronize our organization.

Should be a great year next year, and I for one am truly excited and anxious with anticipation of next February when the next track season starts!
Old 11-29-2007, 12:57 PM   #71
MacMan
S. McNamara LSTD Mob Boss

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
2006 KTM950SM, 1996 Harley-Davidson FXDL

Hopefully the new ownership at TWS (Texas World Speedway) will respect the existing relationships and their rental value.
With that being said the Mgt of the track plans to be unchanged (at the moment). That will be a great thing.
TWS (Texas World Speedway) has already asked for a group or Motorsports Advisory Council to help them take TWS (Texas World Speedway) in the right direction. Road Course improvements or repaving will be in the future along with other much needed work.

As far as the MacMan leverage I am getting a little older Buckaroo..... :-)
I'll keep on it though!!!!

Advertisement