MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 11-24-2007, 07:07 PM   #41
dbuck
Stayin' Young

Feedback Rating: (5)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
02 Honda Superhawk

Send a message via AIM to dbuck
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radar View Post
Tom - You may have hit the nail on the head, when you mentioned CMRA having a stout cancellation policy. You think they would have raced the day there was ice on the track @ TWS (Texas World Speedway) - we both know they would not have. Now - what about this weekend @ TWS (Texas World Speedway) - I think they would have cancelled, or had it been at MSR - Houston I think they would have cancelled as did Buck. I'm not talking about rain in August. I'm talking about (for all practical purposes) unrideable conditions - needs to be something for those rare days, some gesture / something besides --hey guys go get smooth/go work on your lines.
Had it been 20 degrees warmer I would have probably ridden
I don't melt, but I do freeze to death.
dbuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Rider in the cold rain... Sunday albertinhouston General Discussion (Moto Related) 12 11-27-2013 07:46 AM
AFTER A NASTY TWO DAYS OF RAIN AND COLD... floyd600 General Discussion (Moto Related) 16 03-25-2010 08:43 AM
Ridin in the Cold Rain!!! coachdave General Discussion (Moto Related) 30 03-15-2009 09:40 PM
Advertisement
Old 11-24-2007, 08:16 PM   #42
CarbonJames
LSTD/TTBC Instructor

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
13 250sx
13 350sxf
12 150sx
07 CRF 230
04 CRF 50/70

Member Garage

i remember this feb. at Oak Hill, moody and i stepped out of the truck it was 18 degrees, Alonzo was gonna do his first race with the CMRA and he waxed his motor b/c the water was frozen when he tried to start it.
CarbonJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 08:16 PM   #43
Mr.P
Driving Duh-Bus

Feedback Rating: (5)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
CBR1000RR

You win some, you lose some. Everyone has a chance to ask about the weather policy before signing up. You should not be surprised by the no refund policy.

It's called due diligence.

It's the difference between flying loose and running a tight ship. Where you fall doesn't reflect on you or show your chance of success, it only shows your choice in how to conduct your own business.

By transative property, If you don't wanna get screwed, read the fine print. Wanna read all the fine print, waste all your time reading it. So either get screwed and have fun, or have no fun and never get screwed. Or like everyone, just find some balance in the middle. Just remember that you are making the choice to assume risk by ignoring it.
Old 11-24-2007, 08:36 PM   #44
Ridesmart

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
07 Kawasaki ZX-6R Track
05 CBR 600RR Track

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radar View Post
Not if you're fast!
yeah, those 1 finger clickers just aren't 21 century anymore. Time to upgrade to 10 finger typing for you. lol

I hear you on this one...I think it sums it up well:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadman View Post
You win some, you lose some. Everyone has a chance to ask about the weather policy before signing up. You should not be surprised by the no refund policy.

It's called due diligence.

It's the difference between flying loose and running a tight ship. Where you fall doesn't reflect on you or show your chance of success, it only shows your choice in how to conduct your own business.

By transative property, If you don't wanna get screwed, read the fine print. Wanna read all the fine print, waste all your time reading it. So either get screwed and have fun, or have no fun and never get screwed. Or like everyone, just find some balance in the middle. Just remember that you are making the choice to assume risk by ignoring it.

Last edited by Ridesmart; 11-24-2007 at 08:39 PM.
Ridesmart is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement