MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Off Topic (everything else) > Off Topic
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 11-23-2007, 06:03 PM   #1
SVmike
nuthin'

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
just a mtn bike now...

Send a message via AIM to SVmike
explain why

So I was almost taken out by a dipshit in a pick-up truck today. Sh99 at Kingsland. He was making a u-turn to head North on 99 when I was going through the intersection. didn't stop until he was half to 2/3 out in my lane which is when he must have finally noticed me. I dodged the truck and gave him the finger as he deserved for almost killing me. To my surprise he shoots the bird back at me while mouthing off something. Why did I get the bird when he almost KILLED ME? WTF?
That's the second time in 2 weeks I've almost been run over by an incompetent driver who gave me the finger when I did nothing wrong. Fcukin dipshits When I screw up and somebody gives me the bird I take it and wave back apologetically. Fcukin a$$h@!*s

end rant
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Explain to me how this is possible BYRDMAN General Discussion (Moto Related) 39 07-26-2012 12:18 PM
explain this urbanXJ Off Topic 15 02-24-2011 02:13 AM
Explain to me... gsxrjai Off Topic 67 04-29-2009 10:10 AM
Someone explain... KMFT General Discussion (Moto Related) 18 11-20-2008 06:13 AM
i cant even explain The Menace Off Topic 0 09-20-2005 06:05 PM
Advertisement
Old 11-23-2007, 06:16 PM   #2
txferrari
Banned

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 10+ years

User is banned

txferrari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2007, 06:26 PM   #3
witchdoctor575
certified shutterbug

Feedback Rating: (11)

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
07 triumph D675(sold)
05 busa LE (sold)
03 rc51 (sold)
99 superhawk (wrecked)
01 shadow 1100 (sold)

Member Garage

I feel your pain mike...I see it happen all the time. people are dip and the mental retardation is spreading like wildfire.
witchdoctor575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2007, 06:31 PM   #4
paniro187

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVmike View Post
So I was almost taken out by a dipshit in a pick-up truck today. Sh99 at Kingsland. He was making a u-turn to head North on 99 when I was going through the intersection. didn't stop until he was half to 2/3 out in my lane which is when he must have finally noticed me. I dodged the truck and gave him the finger as he deserved for almost killing me. To my surprise he shoots the bird back at me while mouthing off something. Why did I get the bird when he almost KILLED ME? WTF?
That's the second time in 2 weeks I've almost been run over by an incompetent driver who gave me the finger when I did nothing wrong. Fcukin dipshits When I screw up and somebody gives me the bird I take it and wave back apologetically. Fcukin a$$h@!*s

end rant
if you would have gave me the finger I would have talked right back at you. no reason to get upset that someone made a mistake. he more than likely would have gave you the I'm sorry gesture if you wouldn't have acting like a .

When you add emotion to any equation, you can't trust the results-Unknown
paniro187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2007, 06:34 PM   #5
witchdoctor575
certified shutterbug

Bike(s):
07 triumph D675(sold)
05 busa LE (sold)
03 rc51 (sold)
99 superhawk (wrecked)
01 shadow 1100 (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by paniro187 View Post
if you would have gave me the finger I would have talked right back at you. no reason to get upset that someone made a mistake. he more than likely would have gave you the I'm sorry gesture if you wouldn't have acting like a .

Are you really trying to say that if someone almost runs over you by their stupidity you are going to be polite and say"i'm sorry sir, how silly of me to be in your path of travel"?

I call b.s. Your going to get ticked off.
Old 11-23-2007, 06:38 PM   #6
paniro187

Quote:
Originally Posted by witchdoctor575 View Post
Are you really trying to say that if someone almost runs over you by their stupidity you are going to be polite and say"i'm sorry sir, how silly of me to be in your path of travel"?

I call b.s. You going to get ticked off.
first mind is to get ticked but what does that solve. I can't lie ad say i haven't almost ran someone over before because of a lapse in concentration. did i deserve a tha'ts a shame look? yeah but a whole **** you finger and all that?? really.......... be lucky the dude didn't follow you to where you get off your bike whoop your or shoot you. that's where aggression like that gets you. sure not in all cases but it can certainly lead there.

Old 11-23-2007, 06:38 PM   #7
dudewhrsmybike

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
2011 Kawasaki ZX-10R ABS

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to dudewhrsmybike
Quote:
That "mistake" could've possibly cost Mike his life. So I think Mike has every reason to be . I'd prefer to speak my mind to the guy at the next light and explain to him WTF just happened.

It's GREEN, it's FAST, and it says Ninja on it
dudewhrsmybike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2007, 06:41 PM   #8
witchdoctor575
certified shutterbug

Bike(s):
07 triumph D675(sold)
05 busa LE (sold)
03 rc51 (sold)
99 superhawk (wrecked)
01 shadow 1100 (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
first mind is to get ticked but what does that solve. I can't lie ad say i haven't almost ran someone over before because of a lapse in concentration. did i deserve a tha'ts a shame look? yeah but a whole **** you finger and all that?? really.......... be lucky the dude didn't follow you to where you get off your bike whoop your or shoot you. that's where aggression like that gets you. sure not in all cases but it can certainly lead there.

I can see your point on that. I will say I have had someone follow me that got . When I stepped up to their window their attitude changed real fast. Car drivers are a lot like key board ninjas...the talk is big but the action is small. If I make a mistake while driving(800,000 miles it is going to happen) and I get the bird I take it...I've earned it at that point.
Old 11-23-2007, 06:46 PM   #9
Lucifer
The Last Enigma

Bike(s):
Ducati 1098
Honda CRF 50

Member Garage

Quote:
I feel your pain mike...I see it happen all the time. people are dip and the mental retardation is spreading like wildfire.
Now if only stupidity was a terminal disease we would all be better off. I know I would be dead after this little stupid ride I took in this cold weather with out the right gear.
Old 11-23-2007, 06:48 PM   #10
paniro187

Quote:
I can see your point on that. I will say I have had someone follow me that got . When I stepped up to their window their attitude changed real fast. Car drivers are a lot like key board ninjas...the talk is big but the action is small. If I make a mistake while driving(800,000 miles it is going to happen) and I get the bird I take it...I've earned it at that point.
understood i just hate that someone could possibly get hurt over giving someone the finger when it probably didn't make them feel any better abou the situation anyway.

Old 11-23-2007, 06:54 PM   #11
Lucifer
The Last Enigma

Bike(s):
Ducati 1098
Honda CRF 50

Member Garage

I agree with paniro187, because you should never underestimate the rage of the person that your giving the finger to. What if inturn he does try to run you over then what?
Old 11-23-2007, 07:07 PM   #12
level5
moving chicane

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOUSTONDUC View Post
I agree with paniro187, because you should never underestimate the rage of the person that your giving the finger to. What if inturn he does try to run you over then what?
Then he just be another biker down/rip thread.
level5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2007, 07:24 PM   #13
MadseasoN

Feedback Rating: (1)

You have to remember that most people don't really know how to drive. He probably had no clue that he was in the wrong. In fact, he probably thought that you were.

If you're gonna ride in Houston might as well get used to dodging cars. :/:
MadseasoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2007, 08:23 PM   #14
Princess
MH's ex fake mod

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 4

Bike(s):
06 ZX-6R
09 Santa Cruz SL
Serotta Legend Ti

Send a message via AIM to Princess
Quote:

I call b.s. Your going to get ticked off.

I usually don't. It depends on their actions after the MISTAKE. If they laugh and think it's funny, or get mad at me, then **** them, it's on. If they know they made a mistake and give me a wave or whatever. . . . then I go about my merry way.

I recently had a car with two teenagers think it was funny they almost hit me, so I stopped the bike in the middle of traffic after they started riding my . They bitched up after that.
Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2007, 08:56 PM   #15
FlipSideUp
This Flip Rides Nekkid

Feedback Rating: (13)

Bike(s):
'03 Honda 919 Hornet
'89 Yamaha FZR400 Trackbike
'83 Honda CB650SC Nighthawk
'07 Step-2 (ok, it's my daughter's)

This happens all the time, even if you don't flip the bird at the offender, but just lay on the horn as a reaction. Same "save face" response most of the time, no matter how civil you react to the situation, and they end up tailing you, trying to get in front of you to cut you off, pull up next to you to mouth off or flip the bird at you, etc., etc.... all because they almost hit you, and you responded to it. Didn't you know the world revolves around them? You're supposed to wave and smile at these people, and say "thanks for not taking me out!". Well, now you know.

Occasionally, you do get the nice person who realized they did wrong, and they wave apologeticly back, with the words "sorry" flowing through their lips. But that's rare nowadays.
FlipSideUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2007, 09:45 PM   #16
SVmike
nuthin'

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
just a mtn bike now...

Send a message via AIM to SVmike
Quote:
Like Dude said, his mistake could've cost MY LIFE. I don't take that lightly. I know the finger could possibly make things worse but in the heat of the situation the finger has a mind of it's own. I normally refrain from obscene gestures when another driver does something stupid but when their incompetence almost kills me, tact goes out the window.
I actually tried the tactful approach before when a woman changed lanes without signaling or looking and almost took me out. We pulled up to a stop light where I stopped at her driver window making the motion for her to roll it down. She just ignored me. I was just going to tell her that she should look and signal before changing lanes b/c she just about ran over my . Wasn't even gonna yell.
Old 11-23-2007, 09:51 PM   #17
bumblebee
Yeah I'm flippin' YOU off

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
'74 Suzuki GT380
'82 XS650 StreetTracker
'10 Ducati Streetfighter
'83 Yamaha Seca 900

I had a guy turn in front of me when I had the green, we were both going to the same bank drive thru.
Of course being an a**hole I had to say some sh#t. He starts telling me it was my fault and he did nothing wrong. Then the guy in the next lane(who saw what happened) started yellin at him too!
He said F you to us and rolled up his window. I had to laugh, the other dude was madder than I was.
Bevo- "I lack skillz"
bumblebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 07:43 AM   #18
texlurch
Official MH tag inspector

Bike(s):
04 ZX-10R
02 ZX-12R BOTM 12/11
00 ZX-12R
07 GSXR 600
00 TL1000R BOTM 07/12 (sold)

Member Garage

You guys are luucky that the ones you talked with spoke English. That is even rarer than good drivers these days!

Not to mention if he tried to run you down it is assault with a deadly weapon/attempted murder.

But I pretty much expect it on a bike, after all, we are invisible.

Should have just kicked his mirror off.. now that is satsifaction!
.... Home of the "Black Ninja's"
texlurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 08:50 AM   #19
txgsxrbob
THE SH*T STARTER IS BACK

Bike(s):
06 GSXR 1K SOLD !
2012 R1 Moto GP replica # 1287

!! CHL get midevil on his make him pull over & Bang ! self defense you were in fear for your life .................hahaha not another biker down ...but 1 more blind ,not giving a about a sport bike rider off the streets ! ( just my opinion not to be acted out unless you want to. )
Quote:
Originally Posted by pester View Post
NOW WHERE IS TXGSXRBOB WHEN WE NEED HIM????
txgsxrbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 10:30 AM   #20
CaligoneTx
Forest Gnome Tour Guide

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
Triumph 675r
Ducati 748
Hyosungs (250r + 650r)
Honda 900rr
Suzuki Busa1300r (+2 bikes)

Send a message via AIM to CaligoneTx Send a message via Yahoo to CaligoneTx
Remember what you were told when you were younger?

DONT STICK ANYTHING OUT OF A MOVING VEHICLE YOU DON'T WANNA LOSE.

He sticks out a finger, take it Apparently its an offering for his mistake.

As for intimidation, nothing like stopping or whipping out an autobaton w your left hand.... they will find the accelerator quick

Advertisement