MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 11-25-2007, 11:32 AM   #41
XRCajun
Cool Senior Member

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 5

Bike(s):
2001 Honda XR650R Track Motard (sold), 2006 Honda 919, 2007 Honda CBR600RR(sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SacKingsFan View Post
first off your defending the health care system we have, yet your asking people to fight for a bill that probably will be passed that screws you over.. SMART ONE
Smarter than you think. The health care system is the best. The problem we are trying to fight involves the Insurance Co. and Law. Not the Doctors and Hospitals. Fact! Fighting bills like this works all the time.
Wake up!

second it compared the US health care to not only cuba but, british, french, and canada.. Get your facts right dude..
My facts are right dude! Cuba was the worst example he could have use that's why I pointed it out. It proves my point about Moores moronic view and bias, I didn't need to bring the others in to but I could have. But that doesn't change the facts.

pretty sad you fools jump on me for watching something and doing a little research of my own and finding out that some of it was actually true.. Not all of it I was able to 100% say was true but some of it was. Also so what that he went to a rich hospital in cuba.. That doesnt mean what was in the video was incorrect.
Moore, at a Havana hospital, says he requested that his group receive exactly the same care as any Cuban who walked in—"and that’s exactly what they got." As comedy, this statement is on a par with the scene in "Knocked Up," the chest waxing in "The 40-Year-Old Virgin" and the moment in "An Inconvenient Truth" when Al Gore tells us that the ecology’s no. 1 enemy, China, is in fact "on the cutting edge" of environmentalism.
But Moore solemnly reports Cuba’s official health statistics, which are of course a fiction dreamed up by El Presidente, because Moore's motto is to trust no authority figure from cringing corporate spokesman on up to Washington windbags. Except dictators. Dictators, he’ll take your word for it.

Despite his apparent belief that he can seem moderate by narrating the film in a sing-song, I’m-talking-to-a-child-or-moron tone, the man can no more hide his Marxism than his belly. He presents not only [radical British leftist] Tony Benn but Che Guevera’s daughter as voices of sanity and, through a French doctor, Moore sneaks in the Marxist slogan "from each according to his ability, to each according to his needs." Everyone who has ever lived in a country that put this idea into practice has found that it actually means this: Give the country whatever it asks for and take back whatever it gives you, and do so without complaint or go to prison.

If you think there is something wrong with watching a video and basing a few opinions on that video then we might as well live in ****ing cuba where you cant say without being killed or something.

Respect my opinion and I will respect yours. Calling me gullible or stupid is ****ed up and sorry im not going to let some punk kid call me that on motorcycle forums.
I tried to do some thing pro-active to help us all out and you responded that nothing was going to help because of what freaking Moore has to say. Then you called your Aunt and those who want watch that moron's ignorant. Now you're calling us fools because we criticize you. You've offered no help what so ever except to complain. Your description of Cuba is exactly why it was stupid for Moore to use it as an example and blows all credibility on his part and anyone who repeats it.
XRCajun is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Legislative Alert - We Need Your Help Concerning ThomasNinja650 The Circus 0 12-02-2009 11:08 AM
Action Alert! A Must Read!! BuellRider General Discussion (Moto Related) 3 01-23-2008 12:09 PM
Advertisement
Old 11-25-2007, 11:33 AM   #42
XRCajun
Cool Senior Member

Bike(s):
2001 Honda XR650R Track Motard (sold), 2006 Honda 919, 2007 Honda CBR600RR(sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azylum View Post
sorry Jim for ruining your thread with a political contest.
It's alright Mike there's always going to be someone who wants to in your cereal.
Old 11-25-2007, 11:36 AM   #43
XRCajun
Cool Senior Member

Bike(s):

Quote:
oh and btw..

you can ask Dave C he knows me very well..

I talked to my mother in law who is a LOBBIST at the capital in Austin.

She said a bill is never introduced unless there is a lot of backing already for it. She also said that if the bill was intruduced you can bet who ever incouraged the bill has already put a lot of money into making sure the bill passes. However she has seen bills that were sure to pass, fail because of strong opposition from outside sources..

So good luck on that.. I filled it out as well.
Then what happened to the infamous "Immigration Reform Bill"? It died because the people raised ! So have many others.
Old 11-25-2007, 11:47 AM   #44
XRCajun
Cool Senior Member

Bike(s):

Quote:
ROFL.. ok dude..

tell that to people that live in Canada, and in England..
They would tell you your ****ing crazy..

There is positives and negatives for each. I think its to late for socialized health care in America but there is other things we can do to

Btw azylum back the off.. I thought you were a cool guy but I see maybe you think your the smartest kid in class or something.. back the off.

check this out.. source: http://www.who.int/whr/2000/media_ce.../en/index.html

Other findings in the annual WHO report include:

In Europe, health systems in Mediterranean countries such as France, Italy and Spain are rated higher than others in the continent. Norway is the highest Scandinavian nation, at 11th .
Colombia, Chile, Costa Rica and Cuba are rated highest among the Latin American nations – 22nd, 33rd, 36th and 39th in the world, respectively.
Singapore is ranked 6th , the only Asian country apart from Japan in the top 10 countries.
In the Pacific, Australia ranks 32 nd overall, while New Zealand is 41st .
In the Middle East and North Africa, many countries rank highly: Oman is in 8 th place overall, Saudi Arabia is ranked 26th , United Arab Emirates 27th and Morocco, 29th.

The U.S. health system spends a higher portion of its gross domestic product than any other country but ranks 37 out of 191 countries according to its performance, the report finds. The United Kingdom, which spends just six percent of GDP on health services, ranks 18 th . Several small countries – San Marino, Andorra, Malta and Singapore are rated close behind second- placed Italy.

AMERICA IS 37TH IN HEALTH CARE.
But the countries with socialized health care are in the top 10..

yeah its a complete failure huh
What is the criterion for making this list. Most people served for free? There is no other country in the world that has the innovation and advancements that our system has. Also no other country in the world is more able to afford it than ours. I promise you that if you were to travel to these countries and find out how many of them don't get treatment for their illnesses because their Government have allotted all those treatments for the year you would be amazed. Do you know that in the UK a women can't even get a Mammogram unless she is suspected of having breast cancer by her Doc first? Here she has it done annually and insurance pays for it. But no one wants to report that when their objective is to bash the US and the Government.
Old 11-25-2007, 12:08 PM   #45
bumblebee
Yeah I'm flippin' YOU off

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
'74 Suzuki GT380
'82 XS650 StreetTracker
'10 Ducati Streetfighter
'83 Yamaha Seca 900

Well after all the entertaining post whoring I went to the link and I replied.
I think everyone else should too.

It's a damned shame that somebody tries to post up something to help us all, and people turn it into a political contest and session.
Please try to be constructive (hint hint...SacKingsFan)
Bevo- "I lack skillz"
bumblebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 02:27 PM   #46
SacKingsFan
Hi

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
07 Daytona 675

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRCajun View Post
Then what happened to the infamous "Immigration Reform Bill"? It died because the people raised ! So have many others.

did you freaking read what I wrote or did you like use the force?
"However she has seen bills that were sure to pass, fail because of strong opposition from outside sources.." <-0---- you must of skipped over that part huh..

Smack That
SacKingsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 02:49 PM   #47
SacKingsFan
Hi

Bike(s):
07 Daytona 675

anyways my point wasnt to on your thread. It was an opinion on the the US healthcare system. Your right our doctors and medical staff are the best in the world. But our system has many flaws and things arent ever going to be fixed as long as politicians are being bought off.

A bill like this should never even be allowed to be voted on. You shouldn't have to fill out a form and fight bills like this. That in it self is a flaw in the system..

But as I said. I filled it out and I hope it gets trashed.

azylum your correct telling that guy I was going to beat his was wrong of me.. However in a few post you called me a , douche, stupid and a commy and you said sell my bike before I kill myself of one of you. Thats way above the line and you just better hope I dont see you. Bash me whatever you want.. I hate board warriors like you... Its time little ****ers like you get dealt with.. I seen you trash many people on here and now you have done it to me. It end now.

Smack That
SacKingsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 03:15 PM   #48
Azylum
The Chosen One

Feedback Rating: (23)

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 2

Quote:
anyways my point wasnt to on your thread. It was an opinion on the the US healthcare system. Your right our doctors and medical staff are the best in the world. But our system has many flaws and things arent ever going to be fixed as long as politicians are being bought off.

A bill like this should never even be allowed to be voted on. You shouldn't have to fill out a form and fight bills like this. That in it self is a flaw in the system..

But as I said. I filled it out and I hope it gets trashed.

azylum your correct telling that guy I was going to beat his was wrong of me.. However in a few post you called me a , douche, stupid and a commy and you said sell my bike before I kill myself of one of you. Thats way above the line and you just better hope I dont see you. Bash me whatever you want.. I hate board warriors like you... Its time little ****ers like you get dealt with.. I seen you trash many people on here and now you have done it to me. It end now.

711 fm 1959
houston

do a mapquest and come get you some. and dont send me anymore private messages.
Old 11-25-2007, 03:19 PM   #49
texlurch
Official MH tag inspector

Feedback Rating: (2)

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
04 ZX-10R
02 ZX-12R BOTM 12/11
00 ZX-12R
07 GSXR 600
00 TL1000R BOTM 07/12 (sold)

Member Garage

Children... E-warrior can end now. Everyone needs to get their panties out of a wad and chill.

Now, e-hug and kiss and make up.
.... Home of the "Black Ninja's"
texlurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 06:23 PM   #50
kstrs
Grrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!

Bike(s):
Some

Quote:
And yet your at it again...

Dude get those meds, have a smoke or something, this toughguy doesn't impress anyone. It's the internet... We're all badasses here.
kstrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 07:49 PM   #51
hypertrophyy

Bike(s):
07 600rr track

Quote:
Originally Posted by kstrs View Post
And yet your at it again...

Dude get those meds, have a smoke or something, this toughguy doesn't impress anyone. It's the internet... We're all badasses here.
see thats the funny thing.... cause I know kev and these people in person... stop the e-thug bs kev cause they are right your losing credibility by acting like this. Keep it to politics. I've e-thuged one time on this board and felt stupid later. 2cents
hypertrophyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 09:48 PM   #52
FlipSideUp
This Flip Rides Nekkid

Feedback Rating: (13)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'03 Honda 919 Hornet
'89 Yamaha FZR400 Trackbike
'83 Honda CB650SC Nighthawk
'07 Step-2 (ok, it's my daughter's)

Here's another perspective: I'm sure all the frivolous, and other BS lawsuits have alot to do with the affordability of health care in the US. The high costs of health insurance is directly affected by the high costs of health care, which is directly affected by the high liability insurance costs within the healthcare industry... etc... etc... Trickle down. I have alot of Doctors in my family, including my own dad, and the costs for their Malpractice Premiums are outragious. Eventually, Insurance or the patient foots the bill. I know there are many doctors who sometimes feel it's just not worth it to even practice. Well, the money's good, but they take on alot of liability risks, with ridiculously high premiums, just for being a doc in the first place.

The healthcare system is not what's messed up, it's the insurance industry as a direct result of a sue-happy society.
FlipSideUp is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement