MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Off Topic (everything else) > Off Topic
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 11-21-2007, 08:23 PM   #141
MadseasoN

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomLSTD View Post
Today 03:18 PM You ... ? (snipped)
Dude, do me a favor and don't pick apart my post by replying to every sentence. That's pointless.

You didn't even see the episode of COPS in question yet you're telling me that I'm lying about it? Ha.

This is the bottom line - The Police probably had zero impact on the bike thefts in the area. A few poor people got felony charges for walking off with a bicycle, which I'm sure helps their financial situations, and the taxpayers end up footing the bill. Thousand of dollars spent for a few bicycles that were probably stolen by neighborhood kids - not some dude walking home from the corner store. It was a poorly coordinated operation. Period.

It took place in Mesa, Arizona if you care to lookup any facts about it.
MadseasoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Dont Ask, Dont tell...and Lady Gaga morvegil The Circus 2 09-25-2010 10:26 AM
This is why I dont run from the Cops Cornerjunkie General Discussion (Moto Related) 58 05-21-2010 05:08 PM
You dont grind....... you dont shine tonyt915 Off Topic 27 06-30-2009 10:30 PM
dont run from the cops in Pearland FastLine General Discussion (Moto Related) 13 06-29-2005 01:16 PM
Advertisement
Old 11-21-2007, 08:34 PM   #142
lorin70

Feedback Rating: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoFear View Post
The price tag for an unmanned aircraft ranges from $30,000 to $1 million each and HPD is hoping to begin law enforcement from the air by June of 2008 with these new aircraft.
I can already feel my property taxes going up even higher with that kind of spending.

I've called the police once in my entire life. When my car got stolen one night from a restaurant parking lot I called and they came out and took a report. They didn't seem concerned about getting my car back, only about writing the report and blaming it on gangs. They actually offered me a ride home which I though was decent of them to do.

I've had things stolen from both my office and out of my garage and don't even bother calling to make a report with the police because I know it is useless in terms of trying to recover my property and would just be a waste of time. Small dollar crimes like that are not significant enough and happen with such frequency that it is not worth the time for anyone to take any action.

It's understandable why people have a negative opinion of police and why non-rider police have a negative opinion of people on motorcycles. Most people never interact with police unless they have done something wrong or have a necessity to report a wrong done to them. That means that their interaction generally only occurs in an unpleasant or even adversarial situation. The same holds true from the police end. Their interactions with motorcyclists generally involves stopping someone who is breaking the law. They focus on that and after a while they think all bikers are wild law-breakers. They don't even see the bikers who are going with the flow (so if you want to stay out of trouble don't stand out). Everyone remembers bad experiences but good experiences don't come to mind as much (a good experience would even be one that did not occur, like when you were speeding and didn't get a ticket).

There are several communities that do the 'community policing' thing where law enforcement and citizens are encouraged to meet and get to know one another in a non-adversarial situation so that there are those positive experiences. I don't know if it helps reduce the level of animosity but it probably doesn't hurt. I bet that riders who know some LEOs have a better opinion of them than the general population.

I don't know where any of this is going. It's just a stream of consciousness that got typed out.
FZ6
lorin70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 08:49 PM   #143
Pre-K

Feedback Rating: (11)

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
2012 CBR1000RR
2014 Specialized

yeah!!! Where do you think I get the money for track days and motorcycles??? Fleece the citizens!!!

All cops actually have checking accounts linked to the courts... we write tickets, we get PAID! Its even direct deposit for convenience. The remaining money we don't need is then given to the city for whatever...

If you're still reading, you either have a sense of humor or you're an idiot.

Back to reality now... The PD is the "red headed step child" of the city. We typically get bottom-dollar equipment, and not even enough of that! The one awesome thing we have (take-home rides for the senior guys) has been approved by the mayor and, obviously, the citizens. Beyond that, the PD simply exists, as oppossed to flourishing with your money...
Pre-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 08:58 PM   #144
Pre-K

Feedback Rating: (11)

Bike(s):
2012 CBR1000RR
2014 Specialized

And well said lorin70!
Pre-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 10:33 PM   #145
PoPoRiderRR
NO MO BIKE guy!

Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
2007 CBR 1000 RR *** SOLD ***

We should have a Meet the MH cops night...lol
Old 11-21-2007, 11:46 PM   #146
tomLSTD
LSTD Mob Cappo

Feedback Rating: (2)

Trackdays: 1

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by denhou
You didn't even see the episode of COPS in question yet you're telling me that I'm lying about it? Ha.
When did I say you were lying? Why should I have had to see the episode I'm asking about? You're the one who brought it up, you also claim that they were sucking the City's coffers by spending $3k on a bike. That is an assumption on your part because you can't even recall that they may have mentioned that they bought it- or, more logically, that the bike was donated for the cause, a bike that was in impound, or a bike that was an unclaimed property. Then, you got allll benevolent and started caring about the poor criminal that stole it, fearing that he may have to face a felony charge. Boo freakin' who.
Quote:
This is the bottom line - The Police probably had zero impact on the bike thefts in the area.
Shocker! Another assumption. How do you know that? Maybe some of the criminals in the area said, "Oh , if I steal this bike, it may be a sting, and I could get popped. I think I'll walk away from this one and find some other crime to get in to."
Quote:
A few poor people got felony charges for walking off with a bicycle, which I'm sure helps their financial situations, and the taxpayers end up footing the bill.
Yeah, poor, poor criminal. *May* have gotten felony charges for comitting a felony. , now that is unfair. You're right, I re-thought my entire position on this, and I'm siding with you and Cletus now. Can we sing songs and hold hands? We'll pretend that there are no bad people, and we don't need any police, rules, laws, morals, or ethics.
Quote:
Thousand of dollars spent for a few bicycles that were probably stolen by neighborhood kids - not some dude walking home from the corner store. It was a poorly coordinated operation. Period.
Man, the assumptions run wild here.

I'm out. You guys live in a dream world. I sincerely hope to that none of you who poo-poo on the police and their jobs ever need them to save your . I truly do hope that.
Old 11-22-2007, 07:23 AM   #147
texlurch
Official MH tag inspector

Bike(s):
04 ZX-10R
02 ZX-12R BOTM 12/11
00 ZX-12R
07 GSXR 600
00 TL1000R BOTM 07/12 (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoPoRiderRR View Post
We should have a Meet the MH cops night...lol
How about we have a Meet the MH Cops on Racer Road one early Sat morning? Maybe you guys could hook us up with some clear road?
.... Home of the "Black Ninja's"
texlurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 07:46 AM   #148
jimmy"zx6
Banned

Bike(s):
2005 kawasaki 636,2004 zx10r

User is banned

jimmy"zx6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 08:08 AM   #149
FuDog

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
2007 R6, 2002 GSX-R 600

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pre-K View Post
yeah!!! Where do you think I get the money for track days and motorcycles??? Fleece the citizens!!!

All cops actually have checking accounts linked to the courts... we write tickets, we get PAID! Its even direct deposit for convenience. The remaining money we don't need is then given to the city for whatever...

If you're still reading, you either have a sense of humor or you're an idiot.

I was going to give away all our true secrets too, but I've been busy at work all night kicking down the doors of innocent people (just for fun), arresting unfortunate citizens that take things that don't belong to them but are not criminals, and tripping blind folks. I also drove my squad car around an empty parking lot doing donuts for 30 minutes just so I could waste tax payer money. Then I broke into some mail boxes and took the stamps off the letters and put them back in the mailbox. I was unable to find time to get online with all that hard work.
FuDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 08:21 AM   #150
texlurch

Bike(s):
04 ZX-10R
02 ZX-12R BOTM 12/11
00 ZX-12R
07 GSXR 600

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy"zx6 View Post
or use the laser gun to tell us the real speed true there

Kewl!! Or just get a speedo healer...
Old 11-22-2007, 08:23 AM   #151
rob78
. . . . . . . . .

Feedback Rating: (10)

Bike(s):
Late Model Never-Was

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuDog View Post
I was going to give away all our true secrets too, but I've been busy at work all night kicking down the doors of innocent people (just for fun), arresting unfortunate citizens that take things that don't belong to them but are not criminals, and tripping blind folks. I also drove my squad car around an empty parking lot doing donuts for 30 minutes just so I could waste tax payer money. Then I broke into some mail boxes and took the stamps off the letters and put them back in the mailbox. I was unable to find time to get online with all that hard work.
nice to know how my tax dollars are being spent
rob78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 08:27 AM   #152
FuDog

Bike(s):
2007 R6, 2002 GSX-R 600

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob78 View Post
nice to know how my tax dollars are being spent
I want good citizens like yourself to know you are getting your money's worth. They were really good donuts, believe me. There is zero tread left on those tires. And just as a coup de grace, I left the windshield wipers on the whole night, then cranked the a/c with my windows down. =P
Old 11-22-2007, 08:28 AM   #153
texlurch

Bike(s):
04 ZX-10R
02 ZX-12R BOTM 12/11
00 ZX-12R
07 GSXR 600

Member Garage

oh, the horror! Greenhouse emissions are off the chart!
Old 11-22-2007, 08:36 AM   #154
FuDog

Bike(s):
2007 R6, 2002 GSX-R 600

Quote:
Originally Posted by texlurch View Post
oh, the horror! Greenhouse emissions are off the chart!
Hahaha.

Not that I think anyone is that dense, but my comments were all sarcastic. I don't need to go to work tomorrow night and have a bunch of IAD complaints based on this forum. I can understand why people don't like cops sometimes and it's true we make mistakes. And yes there are more than a handful of officers that probably shouldn't have badges, but it's like that in any profession. We are doing our best. The majority of us really do want to do something to help. Even if you don't agree with the methods sometimes, please understand that for most of us writing tickets and doing traffic stops are not "fun". It would be like saying the janitor cleans toilets because it is "fun".

That bike sting was meant to have an impact on thieves. Some of you see a defining line between someone who took the opportunity to steal and someone who carries wire cutters. Personally it seems the same to me but it is all semantics. A wire cutting thief will think twice knowing that even a thief of opportunity will get prosecuted. Throw us a bone here guys, we're trying.

As for that SWAT team breaking into the wrong house, sometimes you just have to go off the information you are given. Unfortunately it isn't always 100% right. Most of the team when cops get something right or make good arrests based on their info, it is considered routine and doesn't get a lot of hype. We screw something up though and the media loves it. Let's face it, it's much more interesting. So of course it will get covered more.

Whatever you guys feel about LE and how we operate, we are just trying to do our jobs with the methods we have. Should better things pop up, changes will be made. Just know that sometimes you don't see the whole picture. Maybe give us the benefit of the doubt at least every now and then?

Ride safe and have a happy Thanksgiving. Oink oink

Last edited by FuDog; 11-22-2007 at 08:41 AM.
Old 11-22-2007, 09:00 AM   #155
texlurch

Bike(s):
04 ZX-10R
02 ZX-12R BOTM 12/11
00 ZX-12R
07 GSXR 600

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuDog View Post
Whatever you guys feel about LE and how we operate, we are just trying to do our jobs with the methods we have. Should better things pop up, changes will be made. Just know that sometimes you don't see the whole picture. Maybe give us the benefit of the doubt at least every now and then?

Ride safe and have a happy Thanksgiving. Oink oink

The only picture most people see is what the media feeds them, and we all know how factual that can be, right?

Thanks for the thankless job y'all do, and try to keep that sense of humor.

And have a jelly filled for me!!
Old 11-22-2007, 10:13 AM   #156
speedjunkie
Insomniac

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
09 r1
2011 stryker

Thumbs down Fith element

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoPoRiderRR View Post
"It looked like they were ready to go to war," one neighbor said. "Some of the ones out here had AR15's and shotguns."
What do they want the cops to go in now with water guns???
What happened is a mistake that IM SURE they will fix... Cops are human being and as such make mistakes too... REMEMBER unless you see Jesus Christ ( the only perfect being ) in a Police uniform then that must mean an actual living, breathing, mistake making human being is behind that badge... Goshh.......
ACTUALY NOT Jesus (LILU MULTIPASS) SHE was The Fith Element! C'mon this is Serious BULLSHIT!!! I love Cops, The Can't ever Find my House!!! Wait Let me refrase! I love Ft bend County SO they can never find my house, believe me they always call me to get directions. TRUE STORY>

YO No fear seems you fear!!! ALL I have to say is this COPS OR CROOK, When Facing the end of a loaded weapon Whats the diferrence. Murder Is an unforgiveable SIn unless you kill in the name of . Im catholic and its called a Mortal SIN.
speedjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 10:46 AM   #157
MadseasoN

Quote:
When did I say you were lying? Why should I have had to see the episode I'm asking about? You're the one who brought it up, you also claim that they were sucking the City's coffers by spending $3k on a bike. That is an assumption on your part because you can't even recall that they may have mentioned that they bought it- or, more logically, that the bike was donated for the cause, a bike that was in impound, or a bike that was an unclaimed property. Then, you got allll benevolent and started caring about the poor criminal that stole it, fearing that he may have to face a felony charge. Boo freakin' who.Shocker! Another assumption. How do you know that? Maybe some of the criminals in the area said, "Oh , if I steal this bike, it may be a sting, and I could get popped. I think I'll walk away from this one and find some other crime to get in to." Yeah, poor, poor criminal. *May* have gotten felony charges for comitting a felony. , now that is unfair. You're right, I re-thought my entire position on this, and I'm siding with you and Cletus now. Can we sing songs and hold hands? We'll pretend that there are no bad people, and we don't need any police, rules, laws, morals, or ethics. Man, the assumptions run wild here.

I'm out. You guys live in a dream world. I sincerely hope to that none of you who poo-poo on the police and their jobs ever need them to save your . I truly do hope that.

How the do you gather that I'm 'poo-poo'ing on the police because I criticize a certain sting operation?

This is hopeless. You're making judgements before you even attempt to fully understand the topic of the discussion. Hope to never have you on a jury.

Also, you want to get personal and talk about my lack of 'intellegence' (post 122) just because you disagree with me?? How about business representitives who talk to people on forums, now that's intellegent. LSTD can kiss my . I wouldn't spend a dime with them after this. Sorry.

More reading + less typing = full comprehension.

I'm out.
Old 11-22-2007, 06:12 PM   #158
tomLSTD
LSTD Mob Cappo

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by denhou1974 View Post
How about business representitives who talk to people on forums, now that's intellegent.
That's rich. You post your opinion, I post mine. I show a different idea and support it, you get upset because you can't.

Talking is what you're doing "I won't come because I don't like you on the internet... blah blah blah..." Can't handle a debate on the internet and get your feelings hurt.

This is the off-topic forum, can't wear your feelings on your shirt every time someone disagrees with you.

I guess I'll give those free track tires to someone else I was holding for you. You know, I don't want to change your opinion of me.
Old 11-22-2007, 08:42 PM   #159
MadseasoN

Quote:
That's rich. You post your opinion, I post mine. I show a different idea and support it, you get upset because you can't.

Talking is what you're doing "I won't come because I don't like you on the internet... blah blah blah..." Can't handle a debate on the internet and get your feelings hurt.

This is the off-topic forum, can't wear your feelings on your shirt every time someone disagrees with you.

I guess I'll give those free track tires to someone else I was holding for you. You know, I don't want to change your opinion of me.
What the are you talking about?? If I defend myself against a personal attack it's called "wearing my feelings on my shirt". Whatever, dude. I don't understand you. Let's move on.
Old 11-22-2007, 09:00 PM   #160
MadseasoN

And for the record, I'm not bad-mouthin LSTD. I know a few guys over there and they are all top notch riders and good people.

Advertisement