MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Off Topic (everything else) > Off Topic
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 11-21-2007, 01:46 PM   #101
PoPoRiderRR
NO MO BIKE guy!

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
2007 CBR 1000 RR *** SOLD ***

funny thing is we are talking about someone stealing a bike... that is what it is right...??? they stole the bike... it was NOT entrapment... end of story...
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Dont Ask, Dont tell...and Lady Gaga morvegil The Circus 2 09-25-2010 10:26 AM
This is why I dont run from the Cops Cornerjunkie General Discussion (Moto Related) 58 05-21-2010 05:08 PM
You dont grind....... you dont shine tonyt915 Off Topic 27 06-30-2009 10:30 PM
dont run from the cops in Pearland FastLine General Discussion (Moto Related) 13 06-29-2005 01:16 PM
Advertisement
Old 11-21-2007, 01:51 PM   #102
MadseasoN

Feedback Rating: (1)

Trackdays: 10+

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomLSTD View Post
OK, how would you catch a bike theft ring then? It's OK for people to just randomly take things that aren't tied down properly?

99 times of 100 the bikes aren't just "laying around" unlocked or something- bike locks get cut all the time too!

You keep dodging the question: Where is your source that says the department paid $3k for the bike? What is the big deal using an expensive bike? You think a rusty Huffy from 1979 is going to get stolen?
Dude, why are you not reading the previous comments? This sting wasn't targeting a bike theft ring - THAT IS THE PROBLEM! They were targeting common people who didn't feel like walking anymore and "found" a bicycle. They used a $3K bike so that they would have the ability to charge someone with a felony.

I'd either park a bike at a bike rack, lay it in someone's front yard, or chain it up somewhere and wait for someone to STEAL it. I've already said this three times now.

I'm not dodging anything. My source is the TV show. Seasons 1-20 of COPS are available if you'd like to rent them and find out which one it is. You guys are me off with this "I always side with the law BS". Often times the law is not just and it's up to the people to question it.

I'm going to lunch now. Flame away.
MadseasoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 01:56 PM   #103
CLETUS
Jungle Racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by denhou1974 View Post
You guys are me off with this "I always side with the law BS". Often times the law is not just and it's up to the people to question it.
I wonder why they have an IA Division?
Old 11-21-2007, 02:01 PM   #104
Ulric
Dirty Old

Bike(s):
05 FZ1

Quote:
Dude, why are you not reading the previous comments? This sting wasn't targeting a bike theft ring - THAT IS THE PROBLEM! They were targeting common people who didn't feel like walking anymore and "found" a bicycle. They used a $3K bike so that they would have the ability to charge someone with a felony.

I'd either park a bike at a bike rack, lay it in someone's front yard, or chain it up somewhere and wait for someone to STEAL it. I've already said this three times now.

I'm not dodging anything. My source is the TV show. Seasons 1-20 of COPS are available if you'd like to rent them and find out which one it is. You guys are me off with this "I always side with the law BS". Often times the law is not just and it's up to the people to question it.

I'm going to lunch now. Flame away.
They were tagetting anyone that would take a bike that was not theirs...

You would park it in someones yard... w/o their permisson huh?
Wait, were you in on all the planning and meetings that led up this this particular sting... by your account. No, so you really don't know anything about what/why.

"You guys are me off with this "I always side with the law BS". Often times the law is not just and it's up to the people to question it."

there's intelligent discourse and there is rabid dog like obsession.
Old 11-21-2007, 02:06 PM   #105
Azylum
The Chosen One

Feedback Rating: (23)

Experience: 8 years

ok fellas im going riding now. hope my bike doesnt get stolen. later peeps!
Old 11-21-2007, 02:11 PM   #106
Pre-K

Feedback Rating: (11)

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
2012 CBR1000RR
2014 Specialized

So you think me and the other po-po should post threads titled "Why I don't like bikers"?????? We coppers have bad biker experiences ALL THE TIME, so it would only make sense, right?

Well guess what? We don't post up and whenever we hear of (much less experience it ourselves) a negative incident with a biker.

We know that most bikers (especially the ones here) are decent folks, as are most po-pos. We tell stories and whatnot, but you don't hear us motherfukkin' bikers in general.

To make such generalities about cops only serves to expose your ignorance...
Pre-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 02:20 PM   #107
navigator
Senior Citizen

Bike(s):
'09 Ninja 250
'09 Versys
'09 Grizzly
'10 Felt Racing Hybrid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pre-K View Post
So you think me and the other po-po should post threads titled "Why I don't like bikers"?????? We coppers have bad biker experiences ALL THE TIME, so it would only make sense, right?

Well guess what? We don't post up and whenever we hear of (much less experience it ourselves) a negative incident with a biker.

We know that most bikers (especially the ones here) are decent folks, as are most po-pos. We tell stories and whatnot, but you don't hear us motherfukkin' bikers in general.

To make such generalities about cops only serves to expose your ignorance...

Would only seem fair if you did. Besides, I bet you've got some interesting stories you could tell.
POLITICAL CORRECTNESS, is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a by the clean end.
navigator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 02:22 PM   #108
PoPoRiderRR
NO MO BIKE guy!

Bike(s):

Well said... I we posted every bad experience cops have had with bikers we would take over all of MH with negative threads... Instead what do I/We do??? We post things that are positive and things that would help you guys stay alive... Wow we are a-holes
Old 11-21-2007, 02:31 PM   #109
level5
moving chicane

Popos sucks they're only out to get me.
Don't they have better things to do than set up stings to bust innocent folks and arrest bikers like me that like to do triple digits on the highway? I am only out to kill myself and if it happens to have innocent victims, I guess it's their time.
level5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 02:32 PM   #110
navigator
Senior Citizen

Bike(s):
'09 Ninja 250
'09 Versys
'09 Grizzly
'10 Felt Racing Hybrid

Here's where the hating starts.

Cop
POLITICAL CORRECTNESS, is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a by the clean end.
navigator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 02:34 PM   #111
level5
moving chicane

Quote:
Originally Posted by navigator View Post
Here's where the hating starts.

Cop

level5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 02:36 PM   #112
PB125

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
2008 Suzuki GSXR 750
2002 Suzuki SV650

Love it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bueller View Post
they say you drive like a mad man
PB125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 02:57 PM   #113
NoFear
Busa Chairman of Posing

Feedback Rating: (2)

"Houston police contacted KPRC from the test site, claiming the entire airspace was restricted by the Federal Aviation Administration. Police even threatened action from the FAA if the Local 2 helicopter remained in the area. However, KPRC reported it had already checked with the FAA on numerous occasions and found no flight restrictions around the site, a point conceded by Montalvo"

This is what bothers me. The police knowingly lie in an attempt to intimidate people into doing what they want even when no laws are being broken. And then they even admit it! They should be ashamed.

http://www.click2houston.com/investi...66/detail.html
By Stephen Dean

POSTED: 9:03 am CST November 21, 2007

WALLER COUNTY, Texas -- Houston police started testing unmanned aircraft and the event was shrouded in secrecy, but it was captured on tape by Local 2 Investigates.

Neighbors in rural Waller County said they thought a top-secret military venture was under way among the farmland and ranches, some 70 miles northwest of Houston. KPRC Local 2 Investigates had four hidden cameras aimed at a row of mysterious black trucks. Satellite dishes and a swirling radar added to the neighbors' suspense.

Then, cameras were rolling as an unmanned aircraft was launched into the sky and operated by remote control.

Houston police cars were surrounding the land with a roadblock in place to check each of the dignitaries arriving for the invitation-only event. The invitation spelled out, "NO MEDIA ALLOWED."

HPD Chief Harold Hurtt attended, along with the U.S. Department of Homeland Security and dozens of officers from various police agencies in the Houston area. Few of the guests would comment as they left the test site.

News Chopper 2 had a Local 2 Investigates team following the aircraft for more than one hour as it circled overhead. Its wings spanned 10 feet and it circled at an altitude of 1,500 feet. Operators from a private firm called Insitu, Inc. manned remote controls from inside the fleet of black trucks as the guests watched a live feed from the high-powered camera aboard the 40-pound aircraft.

"I wasn't ready to publicize this," Executive Assistant Police Chief Martha Montalvo said. She and other department leaders hastily organized a news conference when they realized Local 2 Investigates had captured the entire event on camera.

"We still haven't even decided how we were going to go forward on this task, so it seemed premature to me to announce this to the media," Montalvo said. "But since, obviously, the media found out about it, then I don't see any reason why just not go forward with what we have so far."

Montalvo told reporters the unmanned aircraft would be used for "mobility" or traffic issues, evacuations during storms, homeland security, search and rescue, and also "tactical." She admitted that could include covert police actions and she said she was not ruling out someday using the drones for writing traffic tickets.

A large number of the officers at the test site were assigned to the department's ticket-writing Radar Task Force. Capt. Tom Runyan insisted they were only there to provide "site security," even though KPRC cameras spotted those officers heavily participating in the test flight.

Houston police contacted KPRC from the test site, claiming the entire airspace was restricted by the Federal Aviation Administration. Police even threatened action from the FAA if the Local 2 helicopter remained in the area. However, KPRC reported it had already checked with the FAA on numerous occasions and found no flight restrictions around the site, a point conceded by Montalvo.

HPD leaders said they would address privacy and unlawful search questions later.

South Texas College of Law professor Rocky Rhodes, who teaches the constitution and privacy issues, said, "One issue is going to be law enforcement using this and when, by using these drones, are they conducting a search in which they'd need probable cause or a warrant. If the drones are being used to get into private spaces and be able to view where the government cannot otherwise go, and to collect information that would not otherwise be able to collect, that's concerning to me."

HPD Assistant Chief Vickie King said of the unmanned aircraft, "It's interesting that privacy doesn't occur or searches aren't an issue when you have a helicopter pilot over you and it would not be used in airspace other than what our helicopters are used in already."

She admitted that police helicopters are not equipped with cameras nearly as powerful as the unmanned aircraft, but she downplayed any privacy concerns, saying news helicopters have powerful cameras as well.

HPD stressed it is working with the FAA on reviewing the technical specifications, the airworthiness and hazards of flying unmanned aircraft in an urban setting. Future test flights are planned.

The price tag for an unmanned aircraft ranges from $30,000 to $1 million each and HPD is hoping to begin law enforcement from the air by June of 2008 with these new aircraft.

If you have a news tip or question for KPRC Local 2 Investigates, drop them an e-mail or call their tipline at (713) 223-TIPS (8477).

Copyright 2007 by Click2Houston.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength-
NoFear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 03:14 PM   #114
MadseasoN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulric View Post
They were tagetting anyone that would take a bike that was not theirs...

You would park it in someones yard... w/o their permisson huh?
Wait, were you in on all the planning and meetings that led up this this particular sting... by your account. No, so you really don't know anything about what/why.

"You guys are me off with this "I always side with the law BS". Often times the law is not just and it's up to the people to question it."

there's intelligent discourse and there is rabid dog like obsession.
Depends on your definition of 'take'. Like you said, if you saw a gold watch laying on the ground would you pick it up? If you did would it be theft? What if you did pick it up and the police jumped out and told you that you were under arrest for theft of police property? Would that change your opinion?

Everything belongs to someone at some point in time. At what point does it become 'finders keepers'?

I'll side with obsession of intellegent discourse.
Old 11-21-2007, 03:19 PM   #115
Capafool
QuePaso Racing

Experience: 7 years

Bike(s):
'01 Gixxer 1k (Track)
'10 Duc 848 (Street)
'05 Drz-110 (Tarded)

Send a message via AIM to Capafool Send a message via MSN to Capafool
Quote:
Depends on your definition of 'take'. Like you said, if you saw a gold watch laying on the ground would you pick it up? If you did would it be theft? What if you did pick it up and the police jumped out and told you that you were under arrest for theft of police property? Would that change your opinion?

Everything belongs to someone at some point in time. At what point does it become 'finders keepers'?
exact same question I asked about the coin . who gives a how big or small, the point is that it didn't belong to you.
CMRA Sprints #486
TMGP Endurance #46
"Scientists discover the world that exists; Engineers create the world that never was."
Capafool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 03:35 PM   #116
PoPoRiderRR
NO MO BIKE guy!

Bike(s):

Honestly Im glad that there are people that think like you all do... you all keep me,J-Row,Pre-K,PB125 and several others in business... Thanks...
Old 11-21-2007, 03:39 PM   #117
MadseasoN

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoPoRiderRR View Post
Honestly Im glad that there are people that think like you all do... you all keep me,J-Row,Pre-K,PB125 and several others in business... Thanks...
A great deal of the justice system is treated like a business. That's part of the problem and the topic of a different thread.

Sorry, I couldn't resist.
Old 11-21-2007, 03:43 PM   #118
Whorenet
Banned

Bike(s):
cbr600, cbrxx 1100 blackbird, kazuma 110 derty, springer forked 1/2 chopper...more to come

User is banned

Whorenet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 03:53 PM   #119
CLETUS
Jungle Racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by hornet View Post
o that actually touches base on something ive previously brought up-people wouldnt have as many problems if they were dis-associated publicly from the court system.

the court system is why people hate tickets so much and dealing with the courts is the reason some people just dont stop.

personally, i hate taking a day off work just to pay a fine, why can't i mail that in? even by certified mail ?!@#? it never gets there....some crooked clerk will pocket it. bet that.
Your doing your part. So are they, fleecing the public. PD are run like businesses b/c they are generating revenue. You pay your ticket, the cops use what they need and turn it over to city. And it goes on and on and on... Kind of like racketeering, but they don't break your legs if you don't pay, they have other means.

The funny part is them trying to get to you think of them as if they aren't!
It's a funny world...

Old 11-21-2007, 04:14 PM   #120
PoPoRiderRR
NO MO BIKE guy!

Bike(s):

No you keep us in business bc we have to deal ya'll wussing out and calling us " when you hear a noise... Dont worry we will keep you all safe... Then you all can go back to acting like real men on the net... lol... happy turkey day...

Advertisement