MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Off Topic (everything else) > Off Topic
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 11-21-2007, 09:25 AM   #1
NoFear
Busa Chairman of Posing

Feedback Rating: (2)

Unhappy Why I dont like Cops

Becuase they do stupid stuff like this and walk away with the Sorry about that :'s

Yo POPO rider be real man own up to the all the BS that is wrong with your department buddy NO THIS IS NOT THE HOUSTON SWAT! but this aint the 1st time this has happend... where is the "protect and serve" No justice no peace Fight the POWER

http://www.wlwt.com/news/14656397/detail.html

Woman Works To Rebuild After Police Raid Her Home

POSTED: 1:09 am EST November 21, 2007
UPDATED: 8:10 am EST November 21, 2007

LAWRENCEBURG, Ind. -- A SWAT team raids the wrong home in Lawrenceburg, Ind., now the homeowner wants some answers.

Police said they were led to the Village Apartments on the trail of fugitive Sean Deaton.

Convinced he was inside apartment 407G, the Lawrenceburg SWAT unit surrounded the building.

"It looked like they were ready to go to war," one neighbor said. "Some of the ones out here had AR15's and shotguns."

Neighbors said police spent hours, ordering Deaton to surrender. But when that didn't work, they responded with tear gas and forced entry.

"It looked like my apartment was on fire. The smoke was just blowing out of my windows," Kayla Irwin, the tenant of 407G said.

Irwin, a single mother of two, said she is unable to live in her apartment and didn’t even know the man police were searching for.

Now, she said, she has been left with the mess and no apology.

"It's all covered with poison. I don't know where to start over with two kids," said Irwin. "How do you start with replacing the items that your kids have had since the day they were born?"

She said one of her pet guinea pigs was also killed during the incident.

Neighbors said the police action was simply overkill.

"Overpowered. In my opinion it looked like they were enjoying what they were doing. They did not need to do all this," Emanuel Brightwell, an Iraq veteran and neighbor said.

Irwin said she appealed to the police, but hasn’t gotten anywhere.

"They basically just said, sorry for the inconvenience. Go ahead and clean it up. Clean up our mess," Irwin said.

She said she's had to borrow everything from family in the week since the incident. She also said she can't stay in the apartment because of the acrid gas residue.

An assistant chief and another officer were at the Village Apartments talking to Irwin within 30 minutes of Target 5 asking them about the incident, telling her that they would try to get some money so she could clean her clothes and furnishing on her own.

"This is the first time this has happened. I'm surprised the incident has not been remedied. We will take care of it the best we can," the assistant chief said.

Until the incident is remedied, the manager of the apartment complex said he has put Irwin, her kids and her pets in another apartment.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength-
NoFear is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Dont Ask, Dont tell...and Lady Gaga morvegil The Circus 2 09-25-2010 10:26 AM
This is why I dont run from the Cops Cornerjunkie General Discussion (Moto Related) 58 05-21-2010 05:08 PM
You dont grind....... you dont shine tonyt915 Off Topic 27 06-30-2009 10:30 PM
dont run from the cops in Pearland FastLine General Discussion (Moto Related) 13 06-29-2005 01:16 PM
Advertisement
Old 11-21-2007, 09:31 AM   #2
Gigolo Jason

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
BMW R1200C

This is from Indiana

What else did you expect?
Old 11-21-2007, 09:41 AM   #3
Ulric
Dirty Old

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
05 FZ1

...until you can demonstrate perfection how can you expect perfection from others?
Old 11-21-2007, 09:45 AM   #4
PB125

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
2008 Suzuki GSXR 750
2002 Suzuki SV650

I don't agree with what is written by the media any more than you do. However, the media isn't always right. This apparently happened this morning. How can you expect the Police to make things right in a few hours? While it's a "mistake"... there could be a lot more information that is not being said about the information the Police had at the time of the raid.
The suspect was probably known to be armed and dangerous. Do you expect the Police to go in and use foul language to apprehend the suspect? The apartment may have been the wrong apartment; but whose to say he wasn't in there hiding?
All I can say to your opinion of the Police is that you are an ungrateful SOB. You can't put ALL Police into a box and say they ALL do stuff like this. Do us all a favor and DON'T call the Police when you need help. I'm sure you can handle problems on your own.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bueller View Post
they say you drive like a mad man
PB125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 09:52 AM   #5
CubanGIXXER
R.I.P. Burns

Bike(s):
'07 Suzuki GSXR 600

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to CubanGIXXER Send a message via Yahoo to CubanGIXXER
Quote:
Originally Posted by PB125 View Post
I don't agree with what is written by the media any more than you do. However, the media isn't always right. This apparently happened this morning. How can you expect the Police to make things right in a few hours? While it's a "mistake"... there could be a lot more information that is not being said about the information the Police had at the time of the raid.
The suspect was probably known to be armed and dangerous. Do you expect the Police to go in and use foul language to apprehend the suspect? The apartment may have been the wrong apartment; but whose to say he wasn't in there hiding?
All I can say to your opinion of the Police is that you are an ungrateful SOB. You can't put ALL Police into a box and say they ALL do stuff like this. Do us all a favor and DON'T call the Police when you need help. I'm sure you can handle problems on your own.
TELL'EM AY', TELL'EM ... DON'T BE SHY
CubanGIXXER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 10:00 AM   #6
Dub

And this has what to do with PoPo rider???? Oh yeah, guilty by association???
Old 11-21-2007, 10:08 AM   #7
Chris24
Thread Savior

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
1979 Yamaha XS1100 Special

Send a message via AIM to Chris24 Send a message via MSN to Chris24 Send a message via Yahoo to Chris24
yeah, alot of cops should do a better job, and i bet if i met every one of them i would think 90% or more are cockmunching asshats.

HOWEVER...

did you know the city of houston has owed the police force backpay for a very long time? i cant remember the amounts, but its staggering. tons of officers are owed for YEARS worth of overtime.

i would be in a of a bad mood if my employers owed me a load of money. it doesnt make it right for them to be , but i met most of us would act the same.
Old 11-21-2007, 10:15 AM   #8
tomLSTD
LSTD Mob Cappo

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Member Garage

I bet they'd be singing a different tune if that azzhole WAS in there and had kidnapped her and her kids or was holding them hostage!

I'm sure that the City will take care of her cleaning, they always do- not to mention, I'm sure the apartments will get her another apt to live in in the mean time.

Having lived some situations first hand, I can honestly say that 99% of what the media prints (especially the "eyewitness accounts" ) is inaccurate.
Old 11-21-2007, 10:16 AM   #9
level5
moving chicane

So they made a mistakes, that doesn't mean the lady couldn't recovery monentary loss/damages.
As for you hating the police, it will be real funny one of these days, you had to call them out to save your .
level5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 10:24 AM   #10
PoPoRiderRR
NO MO BIKE guy!

Bike(s):
2007 CBR 1000 RR *** SOLD ***

NoFear... You really have it out for cops dude... WTF does this have to do for me... You write some of the most dumb shhittt I have ever seen... Its cool... WE GET IT... YOU DONT LIKE COPS... This happened thousands of mile away and you say TO ME " Yo POPO rider be real man own up to the all the BS that is wrong with your department buddy " Heck I didnt know I worked for the Department... Last time I checked I still have not recieved a check in the mail from them.... Waaa Waaa Keep telling us ur sad I hate cop stories and how others have been done wrong by cops... the good thing is that you and people that think like you are NOT the majority on MH or the rest of the public...
Old 11-21-2007, 10:29 AM   #11
PoPoRiderRR
NO MO BIKE guy!

Bike(s):

"It looked like they were ready to go to war," one neighbor said. "Some of the ones out here had AR15's and shotguns."
What do they want the cops to go in now with water guns???
What happened is a mistake that IM SURE they will fix... Cops are human being and as such make mistakes too... REMEMBER unless you see Jesus Christ ( the only perfect being ) in a Police uniform then that must mean an actual living, breathing, mistake making human being is behind that badge... Goshh.......
Old 11-21-2007, 10:50 AM   #12
NoFear
Busa Chairman of Posing

PoPoRiderRR your all upset the truth hurt? your the one running around like your a Hero? asking everyone to pump you up like your a and your sh*t dont stink. I laught and smile in my post yet you get all bend out of shape ... grow up man get some thicker skin ... I have never meet you nor you me... reserve your judgement till then.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength-

Last edited by NoFear; 11-21-2007 at 10:53 AM.
NoFear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 10:54 AM   #13
jus10

Bike(s):
KX TooNifty

some of you have the worst reading comprehension skills in the world...

For one, this happened a week ago NOT this morning. Two, the apartment complex has already moved her into a new building until it's all straightened out. Helps when you actually read before posting.

Nonetheless, it's still a bunch of hyped up media bullshit just trying to stir up.
jus10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 10:58 AM   #14
PoPoRiderRR
NO MO BIKE guy!

Bike(s):

The truth huh??? What part of the truth is it that " I work for that department "??? Im sorry cuz I missed that... Dude Im not a ... I just do my job and people like you are the first ones to call us when there is a burglar in your house and you dont dare take care of it urself... U really cause me no grief at all... everyday I get approached by someone thanking me for making them feel safe... so you Ask if I feel like a huh... truth is what cops do is the most HUMAN thing in the world... We Care For Others
Old 11-21-2007, 11:01 AM   #15
hotnanas
i rock knobbies

Feedback Rating: (4)

how do people have such hate for cops? is it because they are caught doing something wrong by a cop? in this case, why don't more people hate their own parents?

in any case, I'm sure everything will be taken care of and the media is just stirring the pot...again.
hotnanas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 11:03 AM   #16
PoPoRiderRR
NO MO BIKE guy!

Bike(s):

Thanks to MAJORITY of you all who do support us... again NOFEAR you are NOT the majority... and I think we are ALL thankful of that...
Old 11-21-2007, 11:06 AM   #17
MadseasoN

Feedback Rating: (1)

Trackdays: 10+

This is why I have a problem with the law that enables Police to raid a home unannounced. What if the homeowners thought it was a home invasion and opened fire on the officers? It would be a bloodbath and would be well hidden from the media so we'd never know about it.

I'm not against Cops but I am very critical of the Gov and the state of the Justice system in this country.

Example:
I was watching COPS the other day. Some Home Owners Association was complaing about stolen bicycles. So what does the PD do? They purchase a $3000 Mercedes Benz bicycle and setup a sting, at night, in the roughest (poorest) part of the city. Here's the sting: leave the bicycle out in the open and see if someone takes it. Well no someone is gonna take it!!! We're not talking about a residential area here either. This was a common area with convenience stores and strip center parking lots. Some dude walks by and takes the bike and here comes the SWAT team (guns drawn). Dudes are getting charged with 2nd degree felonies because of the value of the bike.

This sting would'nt be so bad if they were actually targeting a 'bicycle theft ring' or something but arresting individuals for something like this isn't going to stop bicycle theft. All it does it inprison more citizens (poor ones albeit).
MadseasoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 11:13 AM   #18
level5
moving chicane

Quote:
Originally Posted by denhou1974 View Post
This is why I have a problem with the law that enables Police to raid a home unannounced. What if the homeowners thought it was a home invasion and opened fire on the officers? It would be a bloodbath and would be well hidden from the media so we'd never know about it.

I'm not against Cops but I am very critical of the Gov and the state of the Justice system in this country.

Example:
I was watching COPS the other day. Some Home Owners Association was complaing about stolen bicycles. So what does the PD do? They purchase a $3000 Mercedes Benz bicycle and setup a sting, at night, in the roughest (poorest) part of the city. Here's the sting: leave the bicycle out in the open and see if someone takes it. Well no someone is gonna take it!!! We're not talking about a residential area here either. This was a common area with convenience stores and strip center parking lots. Some dude walks by and takes the bike and here comes the SWAT team (guns drawn). Dudes are getting charged with 2nd degree felonies because of the value of the bike.

This sting would'nt be so bad if they were actually targeting a 'bicycle theft ring' or something but arresting individuals for something like this isn't going to stop bicycle theft. All it does it inprison more citizens (poor ones albeit).
If they announced the raid the bad guys will have it ready and hide somewhere else. If it is a surprised attack the residence wouldn't have a chance to be ready and there would be no bloodbath. It's when you are prepared that shooting will take place.
Old 11-21-2007, 11:13 AM   #19
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Feedback Rating: (26)

Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
'14 Honda GROM! 181cc of fury!!
'10 Aprilia Tuono Factory-SOLD
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold

why any honest person woulda walked right by it.
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Make America Great Again!
RACER X is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 11:15 AM   #20
level5
moving chicane

Quote:
Originally Posted by RACER X View Post
why any honest person woulda walked right by it.
If it doesn't belong to you leave it alone.

Advertisement