MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 11-19-2007, 08:56 PM   #21
dirtyrice411
Staying Stoned

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
03 R1 Limited Edition.

Send a message via AIM to dirtyrice411
old saying I've always heard and used.

"U can always out run the cop car/ helicopter. but you can never out run that radio"

look at stats. how many people actually get away with running? not many. not many at all.

and its definatly not worth it. felonys, jail, impound, that and (no offence popo rider not saying you by any means.) most cops will beat the living out of you after you run and they catch you and get you off camera.
Old 11-19-2007, 08:59 PM   #22
Guitar Man
Keep moving!!!!>>>>>>>>>>

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2013 Suzuki V Strom DL650 22,000 miles
09 Yamaha FZ6 59,651 miles (RIP)
07 Yamaha FZ6 39,668 miles (RIP)
73 Triumph Tiger 750
Cannondale Quick CX4 (Pedal Powaa!!)

Just went to court for my speeding ticket today. Got it defered.

When I mentioned it to a fellow rider at work when I got caught he said, "You should of hit the throttle and out ran him." I was like no way. I watch those world scarriest police chases on TV sometimes and when someone runs they usually end up catching the guy. I saw one where the guy was going so fast that the helicopter almost could not stay up with him. Funny thing was the bike ended up running out of gas and he ended up getting caught anyway. So if you are going to run you better make sure you have a full tank of gas to begin with.

I tell you what. Going to court and getting the ticket defered is much more preferable.
Old 11-19-2007, 09:04 PM   #23
Duck84
bikeless....at the moment

Bike(s):
03 600rr--> sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guitar Man View Post
Just went to court for my speeding ticket today. Got it defered.

When I mentioned it to a fellow rider at work when I got caught he said, "You should of hit the throttle and out ran him." I was like no way. I watch those world scarriest police chases on TV sometimes and when someone runs they usually end up catching the guy. I saw one where the guy was going so fast that the helicopter almost could not stay up with him. Funny thing was the bike ended up running out of gas and he ended up getting caught anyway. So if you are going to run you better make sure you have a full tank of gas to begin with.

I tell you what. Going to court and getting the ticket defered is much more preferable.

thats awesome u got defered dude....and yea i know what u mean with ur body at work....everybody told be the smae.."dude ur on a crotchrocket...come u should a be gone and not paying a ticket" but i say... that....
Duck84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 09:37 PM   #24
Cody_Rules
this.

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
650r nekkid

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to Cody_Rules
Advice**
Old 11-19-2007, 09:40 PM   #25
NoFear
Busa Chairman of Posing

Feedback Rating: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoPoRiderRR View Post
Advise from a COP!!!
Please guys and galls think before you pull on that throttle and try to evade... Again I WAS NOT ALWAYS A COP so I understand what some of ya'll may think/feel but instead try to feel how your family/friends would feel if you died... or worse if you were to get into an accident and become Catatonic" a Vegetable "... How would your loved ones feel/react ??? and over what ??? a Speeding ticket??? or a similiar ticket??? Riding a motorcycle is dangerous enough yet we do it because we LOVE IT... Lets not let something we love kill us over SOMETHING WE CAN AVOID... WE CANT ALWAY AVOID THAT CAR CUTTING US OFF OR THAT POT HOLE THAT MAKES US HAVE A TANK SLAPPER but WE CAN AVOID HITTING THAT THROTTLE AND PUTTING OUR LIVE IN *** EXTRA EXTRA *** DANGER AND THE LIVES OF INNOCENT PEOPLE TOO... This is not meant to people off in here but instead its meant to maybe save someones life... I say this as a cop but most importantly as a human being doesnt want to see a POST about a rider dying bc of something like this... I hope/pray that many of ya'll would agree with me...

We would not run if you did not chase, cut us some slack POPO and everybody can go home
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength-
NoFear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 09:48 PM   #26
Cody_Rules
this.

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
650r nekkid

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to Cody_Rules
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoFear View Post
We would not run if you did not chase, cut us some slack POPO and everybody can go home
you are so fckin stupid.... that might actually be the stupidest internet come back ive ever heard in my E-life. ITS HIS FCKIN JOB MORON!
Old 11-19-2007, 09:52 PM   #27
BrutusTx

Member Garage

The last two times I was pulled over, 100+ in a 60, pulled over and had all my stuff in order.............and got warnings BOTH times.
Old 11-19-2007, 09:54 PM   #28
NoFear
Busa Chairman of Posing

Quote:
Originally Posted by trdvet View Post
And he would not chase if you didn't run. So cut him some slack and pull over.

NEVER!
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength-
Old 11-19-2007, 09:56 PM   #29
NoFear
Busa Chairman of Posing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cody_Rules View Post
you are so fckin stupid.... that might actually be the stupidest internet come back ive ever heard in my E-life. ITS HIS FCKIN JOB MORON!

without guys like me to spice up his day he would get fat eating doughnuts. I keep him employed and in shape
Old 11-19-2007, 09:59 PM   #30
NoFear
Busa Chairman of Posing

Quote:
Okay, make sure you are wearing tighty whities, county will make you change if you're not.
You can't catch me, I'm the gingerbread man!
Old 11-19-2007, 10:05 PM   #31
speedjunkie
Insomniac

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
09 r1
2011 stryker

We are all on the Way out ,Act Accordingly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoPoRiderRR View Post
Advise from a COP!!!
Please guys and galls think before you pull on that throttle and try to evade... Again I WAS NOT ALWAYS A COP so I understand what some of ya'll may think/feel but instead try to feel how your family/friends would feel if you died... or worse if you were to get into an accident and become Catatonic" a Vegetable "... How would your loved ones feel/react ??? and over what ??? a Speeding ticket??? or a similiar ticket??? Riding a motorcycle is dangerous enough yet we do it because we LOVE IT... Lets not let something we love kill us over SOMETHING WE CAN AVOID... WE CANT ALWAY AVOID THAT CAR CUTTING US OFF OR THAT POT HOLE THAT MAKES US HAVE A TANK SLAPPER but WE CAN AVOID HITTING THAT THROTTLE AND PUTTING OUR LIVE IN *** EXTRA EXTRA *** DANGER AND THE LIVES OF INNOCENT PEOPLE TOO... This is not meant to people off in here but instead its meant to maybe save someones life... I say this as a cop but most importantly as a human being doesnt want to see a POST about a rider dying bc of something like this... I hope/pray that many of ya'll would agree with me...
BEST Advise is BE good in all walks of life, and good will follow you. Be Bad and Bad will follow you. This is the way of Life. Anyways For All of you with warrants out there its not the end of the world, But that cop can make it if you endanger others. So be safe play safe and think in a positive manner.

Popo Knows me very well and if you just read this he will be shocked I said it.
think of it as a ying and yang of best friends.!!
speedjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 10:08 PM   #32
CaligoneTx
Forest Gnome Tour Guide

Bike(s):
Triumph 675r
Ducati 748
Hyosungs (250r + 650r)
Honda 900rr
Suzuki Busa1300r (+2 bikes)

Send a message via AIM to CaligoneTx Send a message via Yahoo to CaligoneTx
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoFear View Post
You can't catch me, I'm the gingerbread man!
I have to meet you some time, cuz I can't stop laughing at every post you put out....
Old 11-19-2007, 10:19 PM   #33
Chino
We need Emotional Content

Bike(s):
R6's

Too much at risk just for a ticket... definitively not worth it
Chino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 10:25 PM   #34
dnix600

Feedback Rating: (7)

Bike(s):
06 GSXR 600

Its stupid to even have to discuss this. What the are people running from. Its just some guy/girl doing there job. Do people think a cops life ambition was to one day be able to issue speeding tickets. Its just apart of what they have to do. Theres parts of my job I dont like. Ill never understand why people run. When I was young, I always had warrants, and still pulled over. Even if you go to jail, its a cake walk. The system sucks at punishment. I would much rather serve a little time, than risk my life. Fortunetly, I dont have to worry about that anymore.
dnix600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 10:35 PM   #35
andre3k
I see dead people...

no point in chasing anything these days. If its a crime against a person then I may think about it for a sec. But other than that, I let them have at it. Usually murphys law kicks in and we end up having another rip thread.
andre3k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 10:40 PM   #36
Duck84

Bike(s):
03 600rr--> sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnix600 View Post
Its stupid to even have to discuss this. What the are people running from. Its just some guy/girl doing there job. Do people think a cops life ambition was to one day be able to issue speeding tickets. Its just apart of what they have to do. Theres parts of my job I dont like. Ill never understand why people run. When I was young, I always had warrants, and still pulled over. Even if you go to jail, its a cake walk. The system sucks at punishment. I would much rather serve a little time, than risk my life. Fortunetly, I dont have to worry about that anymore.

i get ur point and ur right bro....but come on...sometimes they just get so picky...like at PP1 or anywhere in 1960...sometimes they dont have anything better to do than mess with bikes....ill see mustangs and pick-ups hauling , but o no dont you let they see u on ur gixxer cuz they'll give u ....but its still no excuse to run....dont pay attention to me
Old 11-19-2007, 10:41 PM   #37
andre3k
I see dead people...

Quote:
Werd, it all comes down to liability. You will be the new favorite whipping boy of Houston and Wayne Dolcefino.
he'll get me for being on duty and on the internet at the same time. I should be out arresting criminals.
andre3k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 10:42 PM   #38
Duck84

Bike(s):
03 600rr--> sold

u working right now?
Old 11-19-2007, 10:55 PM   #39
PoPoRiderRR
NO MO BIKE guy!

Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
2007 CBR 1000 RR *** SOLD ***

Thanks all of ya'll that support this... No Fear You have your way of thinking and all I can say is Bless...
Old 11-19-2007, 10:58 PM   #40
cashtown
Lawyers Guns and Money

Bike(s):
'05 Hayabusa '98 ZX-6E

Quote:
Okay, make sure you are wearing tighty whities, county will make you change if you're not.
Jackson County wouldn't let me wear my black socks or boxers. said they had to be white. What's up with that?

Fat Freddy says, "Busas are for posing!"
cashtown is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement