MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 11-19-2007, 06:29 PM   #41
jrock
straight shooter

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2003 Kawi ZX9r Green Machine-sold
1995 Honda CB 1000 Big One

Send a message via Yahoo to jrock
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90 5.0 View Post
This irritates me , I hope this person (i doubt it but it's worth a try) gets on here.

Guy in my neighborhood rides a cruiser w/out helmet. His daughter rides a dirt bike(ttr80 I think?) around the nieghborhood without one either. I see her flying up and down the street with no helmet on ever. I am not about the riding a dirtbike on neighborhood streets i know its illegal but i was guilty of it at that age as well, it's the no helmet deal thats getting me. And the speeding.

If you ride with out a helmet and you are a grown adult thats your perogative. But letting your kids ride without them is stupid.

I would tell you this myself but you and your daughter are always flying buy,

I am the guy thats always working on the yellow gixxer in his driveway,

If you need an mx hlmet and don't have one i have an old one she can have.

End rant
my .02

Thats just stupid of the dad... pissy poor stupid judgement..
I got my boys all the gear before i even let them sit on their bikes....
Call the cops like Ed had mentioned before.. It could prevent a tragedy
"I get a total charge out of inspiring others to follow their dreams and not to fear change. Embrace it. Realize that money isn't the end-all, be-all. What is important, what really has value, is Time. As motorcyclists, we all face increased risks on the road, and on the track. Do something with your time; don't have a bag full of regrets when the train comes to a stop. "
jrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Developing Bad Habits.... NewRider General Discussion (Moto Related) 23 10-14-2011 01:03 AM
weird quirks or habits tonyt915 Off Topic 38 07-24-2010 08:21 AM
Any Weird Habits While Riding??? IslandKilo General Discussion (Moto Related) 116 01-30-2008 10:20 AM
now that gas is hedging $3/gal, are your driving habits gonna change RACER X Off Topic 30 09-02-2005 09:07 AM
Advertisement
Old 11-19-2007, 07:13 PM   #42
CaligoneTx
Forest Gnome Tour Guide

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
Triumph 675r
Ducati 748
Hyosungs (250r + 650r)
Honda 900rr
Suzuki Busa1300r (+2 bikes)

Send a message via AIM to CaligoneTx Send a message via Yahoo to CaligoneTx
It is a touchy subject, but I would clear my mind by at least attempting to talk w the father or mother about the situation. Afterwards, you did your part and your conscience can rest a bit. Unfortunately most people appreciate conflict over a peaceful, concerned conversation.
Old 11-19-2007, 08:17 PM   #43
Squoddybody
This is me.

Feedback Rating: (5)

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
Custom 2003 SV650

This is a tough call... I didn't mention what I would do in your case, just what I practice with my own children...

Most of my friends would say, though, that I'm a huge fan of natural selection- although it's not the child's fault the parents are idiots. BUT how old is this girl? If she's old enough to run the streets, you're not going to change her mind. And if something does happen to her, for 's sake- it's NOT your fault.
Squoddybody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 08:54 PM   #44
JoyRider

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
2006 Kawasaki Mean Streak

Parents are responsible for their children, if he does not have enough common sense to put a helmet on her head, then the cops or CPS need to tell him...

I live down the street from this guys clone and have confronted him about things....

Loose Pit Bull, teen aged boys starting fires and girl riding a mini croutch rocket up and down the street in flip flops, if 90 0.5 walks down to this guys house there will be HE!! to pay, I can't even walk by our clones house without getting hassled ...

if I call the cops now he'll know it was me and I'm a little worried about what he would do to my house or my dog when I'm gone....
“Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in one pretty and well preserved piece, but to skid across the line broadside, thoroughly used up, worn out, leaking oil, shouting GERONIMO!”
JoyRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 09:12 PM   #45
CaligoneTx
Forest Gnome Tour Guide

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
Triumph 675r
Ducati 748
Hyosungs (250r + 650r)
Honda 900rr
Suzuki Busa1300r (+2 bikes)

Send a message via AIM to CaligoneTx Send a message via Yahoo to CaligoneTx
If this is in a neighborhood w/ a code, then just contact the housing community generally and mention there is an underaged minor riding a dirtbike on the streets apparently unsupervised and w/o helmet...
Old 11-19-2007, 10:29 PM   #46
rob78
. . . . . . . . .

Feedback Rating: (10)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
Late Model Never-Was

I understand the helmet deal but involving the cops of the HOA is just outta line....I ride in the street and in the feild next to my house with my son and he always wears his helmet. He even askes for it before we start to ride but if someone called to cops about us riding it would be on
rob78 is online now   Reply With Quote

Advertisement