MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Technical > How To's and Q & A's
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 11-19-2007, 10:18 AM   #1
50fool
AD

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
2003 636, 2004 crf50

Bike not feeling right 03 - 636

My bike for some reason just doesn't feel right. the front tire looks pretty worn it has 6700 miles on it so im sure that needs to be changed soon. Will a worn front tire make the bike feel a lot less stable, even on straight aways?

I drove by a cop today and he asked me something about a noise coming from my bike Im not sure what he was talking about but I want the suspension to get checked out just in case. There are a lot of roads here and I feel like they might have taken a toll on my suspension but I dont know what parts suffered damage if any.

I'm thinking something along the lines of a thorough bike inspection just to make sure everything is up to par. I would love to take my bike to motorcycles unlimited but I'm all the way in Denton and wont be in Houston for a while. The only shop I know around here charges $80 just to look at your bike and perform no work.

Does anyone know a good shop/individual in the DFW/denton area that will take a look at her for me and fix or diagnose accordingly w/o me over? The front brakes have just started squeaking too so those probably need to be changed soon.

It really isnt that bad except when I'm driving on roads. When the roads are smooth the bike handles like a dream. I guess bikes just dont respond too well to the roads around here. Maybe im just paranoid but better to be safe than sorry. I also noticed a little more smoke is coming out of the exhaust when I start it up....any advise would be appreciated.
50fool is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
03 636 stunt bike on cl... cwest22 Stunters Lounge 0 10-03-2010 11:31 PM
That feeling you get when your bike rides off. Senator General Discussion (Moto Related) 23 02-12-2010 07:02 PM
ever have the feeling to sell your bike? Bomb0314 General Discussion (Moto Related) 56 06-15-2009 05:12 PM
03 Ninja 636 C.Hern5972 General Discussion (Moto Related) 13 08-24-2008 06:28 PM
Advertisement
Old 11-19-2007, 10:21 AM   #2
Patrick
Motorcycles Unlimited

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'14 Speed Triple R, '82 CB900F, '13 Streetglide

A worn front tire will have a significant effect on how a bike feels.

As far as the noise, what's the condition of the chain and sprockets? Are they lubed and properly adjusted?
Are there tight spots in the chain?

If you get a chance, bring the bike by and we'll test drive it and give it a visual inspection, no charge.

NEED GEAR? We have a great selection in stock but if we need to order it we GUARANTEE FIT!
Where Houston riders go to have their bikes worked on, done right the first time!

muad

1964 FM 1960 West
Houston, TX 77090
Hours: Tues.-Fri. 9:30-6:00 Sat. 9-5:30
www.motorcycles-unlimited.com
http://www.facebook.com/motorcyclesunlimited
e-mail: patrick@motorcycles-unlimited.com
Patrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 10:37 AM   #3
50fool
AD

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
2003 636, 2004 crf50

I think the chain might be a bit loose. I got my suspension tuned and new rear tire by you guys and when I took the bike home the chain seemed to have a lot more slack in it but that could have been my imagination. I have however been lubing it. Man I wish I was in Houston so I could bring my bike to you guys, yalls service absolutely rocks, cant get better than Motorcycles Unlimited!!! No one around here will drive my bike and inspect it unless I dish out nearly $100

The chain, sprocket and front tire are all stock so they have 6,700 miles on them so maybe its time to change them out or at least make the chain have less slack. Think I should just replace them all ASAP?

I think the front tire is definitely what is causing the instability at low speeds.
50fool is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement