MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 08-24-2005, 05:57 PM   #161
moto
03 r6 limited

Feedback Rating: (0)

Re: MY BIKE WAS STOLEN FROM U OF H!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sorry about your bike bro.....thats just shitty :eh:
those of you who dont have theft/comprehensive coverage, it will make your monthly payment go up quite a bite, mine went from $70 to $135 but atleast you know your not going to be out $6000 or more...
moto is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
stolen bike joeburt1 Stolen Bike Reports 12 11-22-2014 04:45 PM
Sweet end to a stolen bike story-stolen in 1967 grsa General Discussion (Moto Related) 1 11-05-2013 11:09 PM
What do you do if your bike is stolen from a local bike shop? Longdraw General Discussion (Moto Related) 53 06-14-2011 09:44 AM
STOLEN BIKE!!! vmaxgirl Stolen Bike Reports 209 03-08-2010 03:24 PM
stolen bike norcalgixxer General Discussion (Moto Related) 57 08-08-2008 09:22 PM
Advertisement
Old 08-24-2005, 06:41 PM   #162
Robopath
Post Crusader

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
20th Ann. GSX-R 600

Send a message via AIM to Robopath

Ok so I spent quite a bit of time on the phone with UHPD today and talking to officers I ran into around campus. They have no clue what they are doing and furthermore they ( Including the lieutenant) had no idea about a bike ring bust. I dont know why they wouldnt seeing as this has got to be one of the most condensed string of thefts both in time and location I have ever seen. I am working on contacting the people in charge of the physical plant and making sure they install cameras pointed directly and motorcycle parking and perhaps have them put signs up right by the bikes saying the area is under 24/7 visual surveillance. If they wont pay for the signs I am going to propose all the bike riders make a small donation to purchase the signs and I will install them myself with the universities permission. This is all way too preventable, and it must be addressed!
Old 08-24-2005, 06:46 PM   #163
RojerLockless
member of NO MA`AM

Feedback Rating: (10)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
Honda CB919

Member Garage

Man that sucks... I just rode with you three days ago.. ;(

RojerLockless@Motohouston.com
BRING BACK GIXXERBILL!!!
CRBsig 2
RojerLockless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005, 08:04 PM   #164
Jester

Bike(s):
400EX, 90 Mini, R1

You have to get with the school addministrators and look at that camera footage! That is going to be your best bet! Entry and exits are covered with license plate capture cameras :biggthumpup:

JZ
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2005, 02:29 AM   #165
Capafool
QuePaso Racing

Experience: 7 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'01 Gixxer 1k (Track)
'10 Duc 848 (Street)
'05 Drz-110 (Tarded)

Send a message via AIM to Capafool Send a message via MSN to Capafool

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05cbreezy636

hahaha....how many of you go to UH? we could all meet up and talk about it, and in the future keep an eye out on each others bikes.
I go to UH... This is my 4th and final year and I have parked my bike i just about every parkin spot since I've been there. Now the few times I ride it up there I park by the engineering buildings since that's where my classes are at, so it's kinda isolated from all the "Traffic" that goes around at the UC lot and the Fleming lot.

Sux flip that you got your bike stolen.... :confused1:
CMRA Sprints #486
TMGP Endurance #46
"Scientists discover the world that exists; Engineers create the world that never was."
Capafool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2005, 02:33 PM   #166
Robopath
Post Crusader

Bike(s):
20th Ann. GSX-R 600

im down to meet up MWF for lunch at the UC around 2:30 talk this over. We cant let this issue stagnate.
Old 08-29-2005, 04:59 PM   #167
Speed

Member Garage

Holy dude I'm sorry to hear about your bike. I totally agree that UH should have more secure motorcycle parking and it's still hard to believe they pulled it off in broad daylight with so many peope around. Just goes to show how people just aren't looking out for that sort of thing. I remember seeing your bike up there too and I used to ride mine to UH all the time. I'm so glad I'm done with school but I really wish you can get everything you seek accomplished.

Daniel
Old 08-29-2005, 08:22 PM   #168
drkcire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robopath
Ok so I spent quite a bit of time on the phone with UHPD today and talking to officers I ran into around campus. They have no clue what they are doing and furthermore they ( Including the lieutenant) had no idea about a bike ring bust. I dont know why they wouldnt seeing as this has got to be one of the most condensed string of thefts both in time and location I have ever seen. I am working on contacting the people in charge of the physical plant and making sure they install cameras pointed directly and motorcycle parking and perhaps have them put signs up right by the bikes saying the area is under 24/7 visual surveillance. If they wont pay for the signs I am going to propose all the bike riders make a small donation to purchase the signs and I will install them myself with the universities permission. This is all way too preventable, and it must be addressed!
Who exactly have you been talking to? I know some people at UH also and can probably help.
drkcire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2005, 08:38 PM   #169
flip326
No likey, no bikey

Experience: 7 years
Trackdays: 9

Bike(s):
'07 GSXR-750 (sold)
'05 zx6r Monster (sold)
'03 600rr track (sold)
'04 600rr Eurobet (sold)
'05 gsxr 600 (sold)

if you can help in any way...please do so...i miss my bike, and even though it may be gone...just finding out exactly what hapened to it would be better than being unsure......PM me what you might be able to do to heklp out....i would be most appreciative.
Old 08-29-2005, 08:47 PM   #170
KiNG $h!T
Fugkwhacha heard!!!!

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
MIA!!!

Send a message via AIM to KiNG $h!T

yeah.. help the man out. Sux what happened paul i was hoping it would pop up when those 2 guys were caught. :eh:
KiNG $h!T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2005, 12:12 AM   #171
Robopath
Post Crusader

Bike(s):
20th Ann. GSX-R 600

Well I was inspired by this whole thing and I got Full Coverage today. It is very expensive and Progressive doesnt offer JUST liability with theft alone. You have to get the whole package which includes health and the whole 9 yds. gonna kill me in the wallet, gonna be a lot less going to nice restraunts or bars.
Old 01-21-2006, 06:33 AM   #172
shipwreck

Bike(s):
2001 CBR 600 F4i

u of h security sucks, last year someone broke into my car by f#cking up my driver lock and gettting in. i was only there for two hours. what really me off was that i had just gotten the car painted and it was a convertible with a raggity top, if they would have torn the top i wouldnt have been so . oh, and when the uh police came by i asked them about the security cameras in the parking and the guy told me they couldnt see much through them. stuff gets stolen all the time and they cant do anything, but park in the wrong spot and you'll defintely get a ticket. i got 3 this pass semester. and only 1 i could say was my fault. actually they should ahve more parking, so none were my fault.
shipwreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2006, 11:41 AM   #173
andre3k
I see dead people...

Feedback Rating: (1)

The gist of all of this is. If you can afford an 8k+ motorcycle then you should be able to afford full coverage insurance, at least until the thing is paid off. Yeah paying out the sux, but if anything goes down you will be covered. If you think you can afford the bike but cant afford the insurance then YOU really can't afford the bike. Really why would anyone only have liability when most of us live in Harris county, which has the highest accident rate in the State of Texas. Thieves are a dime a dozen here, so get the insurance and protect yourself. If you cant afford it, you can always get a Schwinn.

If you guys want to fight crime, HPD is hiring and the Guardian Angels are recruiting at Sharpstown. Pick your poison. If you just wanna kick someones go to OST and Scott and wear a white hood over your head, I'm sure there will be plenty of excerise to be had over there.

, if yall want to do something that will really help this guy out. Give him some money so that he can get full coverage on his next bike. But I'm sure that's not as fun as kicking someones .
andre3k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2006, 03:45 PM   #174
EFmang
secret AGENT

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Send a message via AIM to EFmang
i was qouted 9k a year for fullcoverage.... could you afford that and the bike... if soo hook me up with your job..
Old 01-21-2006, 04:13 PM   #175
dotcom
*** PUBLIC RELATIONS ***

Bike(s):
01 Yamaha R6, 125 BBB mini

Send a message via AIM to dotcom Send a message via MSN to dotcom Send a message via Yahoo to dotcom
sheesh..... for 9k you can go buy 2 older bikes... or a really nice new one... what's the point of 9k a year.. thats just ridonkulous

www.myspace.com/motohouston
dotcom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2006, 04:15 PM   #176
911TurboS
Texas Longhorns!

Bike(s):
06 SV650S

$9,000 a year?
911TurboS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2006, 05:55 PM   #177
andre3k
I see dead people...

Ok so they quoted you 9k on full coverage. You finance a bike, 2 weeks later its stolen or you wrap it around a light pole. But you chose not to buy comp & collision. You're out a a bike and you still have to make the payments. Not worth it to me. This situation might be different if you bought a cash bike and or if its an older model and has been paid off. Then I can see liability only.

No way I'm gonna pay 9k for coverage. If I have shopped around and thats the best rate, then I don't need that bike. I would drop down and look at a sport tourer model or save my pennies and pay cash.

Last edited by andre3k; 01-21-2006 at 06:00 PM.
Old 01-21-2006, 06:01 PM   #178
andre3k
I see dead people...

Ok so they quoted you 9k on full coverage. You finance a bike, 2 weeks later its stolen or you wrap it around a light pole. But you chose not to buy comp & collision. You're out a a bike and you still have to make the payments. Not worth it to me. This situation might be different if you bought a cash bike and or if its an older model and has been paid off. Then I can see liability only.
Old 01-21-2006, 06:25 PM   #179
ScooterTrash
ConroePowderCoating.com

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
lots of em

Quote:
Originally Posted by EFmang
i was qouted 9k a year for fullcoverage.... could you afford that and the bike... if soo hook me up with your job..
mine cost 245.00 a year for full coverage

[QUOTE=Mr.D;2764337]
I respect scootertrash because well... He's like the Jesus of building and fixing .
[/QUOTE]
ScooterTrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2006, 07:32 PM   #180
chasee69
ballin' outta control!

Feedback Rating: (7)

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
CRF 50

why did shipwreck bring this thread back from like 5 months ago!

ducatisignature
chasee69 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement