MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 08-22-2005, 09:08 PM   #101
dotcom
*** PUBLIC RELATIONS ***

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
01 Yamaha R6, 125 BBB mini

Send a message via AIM to dotcom Send a message via MSN to dotcom Send a message via Yahoo to dotcom
Re: MY BIKE WAS STOLEN FROM U OF H!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

... my ADD kicked in.. too long to read... are there cliffnotes?

www.myspace.com/motohouston
dotcom is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
stolen bike joeburt1 Stolen Bike Reports 12 11-22-2014 04:45 PM
Sweet end to a stolen bike story-stolen in 1967 grsa General Discussion (Moto Related) 1 11-05-2013 11:09 PM
What do you do if your bike is stolen from a local bike shop? Longdraw General Discussion (Moto Related) 53 06-14-2011 09:44 AM
STOLEN BIKE!!! vmaxgirl Stolen Bike Reports 209 03-08-2010 03:24 PM
stolen bike norcalgixxer General Discussion (Moto Related) 57 08-08-2008 09:22 PM
Advertisement
Old 08-22-2005, 09:15 PM   #102
Zapata
a.k.a Dos Equis

Feedback Rating: (5)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
'13 Victory Cross Country
'13 Victory Judge

Member Garage

Yeah.....!!!!! That's it.....!!! Great job AdamC....!!!!

Quote:

Justice, no matter how violent, is done.....they don't have rules, so why should we? A good kicking is all these little understand. But the law can't dish it out - they know these tossers just walk out of court every time - so we're going to keep doing it until we've had enough. And that'll be a long ' time, I'll tell you...
Zapata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2005, 09:18 PM   #103
chasee69
ballin' outta control!

Feedback Rating: (7)

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
CRF 50

the sting sounds like a goood idea but someone might want to check on legal issues first.

ducatisignature
chasee69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2005, 09:19 PM   #104
dotcom
*** PUBLIC RELATIONS ***

Bike(s):

Send a message via AIM to dotcom Send a message via MSN to dotcom Send a message via Yahoo to dotcom

legality... we set a couple of dummies.. find out who they are... and just unload on them

Old 08-22-2005, 09:49 PM   #105
AdamC

Quote:
Originally Posted by dotcom
legality... we set a couple of dummies.. find out who they are... and just unload on them
Agreed, I say do it just like the article.

But if it does go down, I say no posting about it. No bragging or anything, that way no one gets in trouble.

AdamC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2005, 10:42 PM   #106
flip326
No likey, no bikey

Experience: 7 years
Trackdays: 9

Bike(s):
'07 GSXR-750 (sold)
'05 zx6r Monster (sold)
'03 600rr track (sold)
'04 600rr Eurobet (sold)
'05 gsxr 600 (sold)

you guys have been great....this is the first time in 4 months that i will be going to bed before 1.... but i am mentally exhausted.....pray for me and my bike, adn lets hope that something good will come out of this.
Old 08-22-2005, 11:18 PM   #107
CBR RN
An observer

Bike(s):
had an F4i

Sorry man about your bike...
Sucks. you're right, there will be some good that comes out of this.

Old 08-22-2005, 11:35 PM   #108
EFmang
secret AGENT

Trackdays: 10+

Send a message via AIM to EFmang

i agree only people included not to be rude are people we've all meet in person.. so no issues evolve<SP.. and this sounds like a fun weekly event.. so CHRIS lets set up a topic for certain members or somthin. if we cant do that .... we need aim names posted again....
Old 08-23-2005, 12:05 AM   #109
Guero

Bike(s):
04 Triumph Daytona

Send a message via AIM to Guero

I'm down for the whole sting operation... There are so many places that we could do it. I have friends that live for beatin' someones . So I'm sure they would love to be in on this .* Revenge shall be ours!

Paul, I am sorry about you bike getting stolen, sucks dude! I feel for ya....

Oh, BTW here is your icon for "furious boiling hatred." --->*
Old 08-23-2005, 12:50 AM   #110
Motostar

Bike(s):
2004 749S

That sucks. I don't understand how there is so much foot traffic near the motorcycle parking areas, yet no one saw anything or bothered to say anything. Something bad always happens at or near UH, what with so many bad areas being so nearby. (3rd ward) Sry for your loss. Hope you find the bike or at least the that stole it.

As for the sting operation, I would suggest lookin into any legal issues that may come up. I don't know if the people that did this would stirke the same place twice, though they may be stupid with confidence right now.

Are there any identifying details besides the pipe and color scheme? Like distinct scratches or identification numbers? Those can help.
Motostar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2005, 01:23 AM   #111
PimpRice
TEAM BLT

Feedback Rating: (4)

Send a message via AIM to PimpRice

i'm very sorry to hear what happened. I'm down for a sting operation. I don't think i'll be riding my bike to school anymore. I bet if we park a bike there for about 2 days in a row, they will show up again. I say the law. They deserve to get beaten down. Again, i'm sorry bad things happen to good people paul.
PimpRice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2005, 08:24 AM   #112
PORSCHITO

Feedback Rating: (1)

Send a message via AIM to PORSCHITO Send a message via Yahoo to PORSCHITO

When i lived and worked on campus in U of H many many cars where getting stolen, so i think its all related to the same network of people targeting the same location, knowing that UHPD are a bunch of posers. so the sting operation doesn't necessarly need to be done on a bike if we do one using a car we can still be successful.
PORSCHITO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2005, 08:35 AM   #113
dotcom
*** PUBLIC RELATIONS ***

Bike(s):

a bike would be easier....

Old 08-23-2005, 08:36 AM   #114
PORSCHITO

yeah but remember they target cars at night so surveillance at night will be easier less heat and u can spot suspecious activity easier.
Old 08-23-2005, 08:46 AM   #115
dotcom
*** PUBLIC RELATIONS ***

Bike(s):

not a bad idea.. i think that a bike would be much easier eye candy and more simple for them to target.... that way when we see them head towards it.. we all jump out with semi-automic rifles, guns, and "take out the trash"

Old 08-23-2005, 09:10 AM   #116
Zapata
a.k.a Dos Equis

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
'13 Victory Cross Country
'13 Victory Judge

Member Garage

Also....What about following this guys once they take a "decoy" bike" ...???? We can learn where they take the stolen goods, most likely it will be a chop-shop close to that area.

We can take video and pictures and once they arrive at the location we can call the Cops, but I do not know if that will help..most likely they will not pay us too much attention. :eh:
Zapata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2005, 09:28 AM   #117
dotcom
*** PUBLIC RELATIONS ***

Bike(s):

or they will ask us for our papers...

Old 08-23-2005, 09:39 AM   #118
JoeRider

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by zapata
Also....What about following this guys once they take a "decoy" bike" ...???? We can learn where they take the stolen goods, most likely it will be a chop-shop close to that area.

We can take video and pictures and once they arrive at the location we can call the Cops, but I do not know if that will help..most likely they will not pay us too much attention.* :eh:
You know its all good to talk some smack about kickin some thief's (they really deserve it) but in all seriousness you guys, most of you pretty young, don't realize that yes, it's a one or two guys boosting bikes but this is like a food chain. *Organized crime is HUGE in Houston. *So before you rally the troops at the tree house and make plans to take over the world, think about the real consequences that may impact you and your families. * The scenario that you are discussing has the probability of turning out really wrong. *If you still want to pursue this matter then find a friend or relative that is a cop and go about it the right way. * How much value do you place on your life? *What about your family's lives?

~Joe

**Flip...sorry for your loss**
Old 08-23-2005, 09:45 AM   #119
PORSCHITO

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRider
Quote:
Originally Posted by zapata

We can take video and pictures and once they arrive at the location we can call the Cops, but I do not know if that will help..most likely they will not pay us too much attention. :eh:
You know its all good to talk some smack about kickin some thief's (they really deserve it) but in all seriousness you guys, most of you pretty young, don't realize that yes, it's a one or two guys boosting bikes but this is like a food chain. Organized crime is HUGE in Houston. So before you rally the troops at the tree house and make plans to take over the world, think about the real consequences that may impact you and your families. The scenario that you are discussing has the probability of turning out really wrong. If you still want to pursue this matter then find a friend or relative that is a cop and go about it the right way. How much value do you place on your life? What about your family's lives?

~Joe

**Flip...sorry for your loss**
he's absolutely right, these might be armed and willing to use them if they get cornered... all we can do is take pictures and build up evidence im sure the police will be interested in what we build up... if not we can always sell the story to the news...
Old 08-23-2005, 09:48 AM   #120
dotcom
*** PUBLIC RELATIONS ***

Bike(s):

i'm not that young.. but i feel as though everyone is venting and would not take real action unless its done

the right way.. i'll say " yeah i would like to have 5 minutes alone with these " but in all seriousness i'm

not going to risk my life for a few grand... it just feels good to vent and let known what yuo would like to do... i

think a sting would be good though... take pics and follow to the chop shop and give the authorities the right

information... mabye these coppers can redeem themselves

Advertisement