MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 08-22-2005, 06:02 PM   #81
Robopath
Post Crusader

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
20th Ann. GSX-R 600

Send a message via AIM to Robopath
Re: MY BIKE WAS STOLEN FROM U OF H!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

im down for a sting. . . mine was one of the bikes that was parked where the other 3 were stolen. . . of the 4 bikes there 3 were taken and mine was some how spared even though they had to take the bike from both sides of mine. So we know they want my bike. . . how can we pull this off
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
stolen bike joeburt1 Stolen Bike Reports 12 11-22-2014 04:45 PM
Sweet end to a stolen bike story-stolen in 1967 grsa General Discussion (Moto Related) 1 11-05-2013 11:09 PM
What do you do if your bike is stolen from a local bike shop? Longdraw General Discussion (Moto Related) 53 06-14-2011 09:44 AM
STOLEN BIKE!!! vmaxgirl Stolen Bike Reports 209 03-08-2010 03:24 PM
stolen bike norcalgixxer General Discussion (Moto Related) 57 08-08-2008 09:22 PM
Advertisement
Old 08-22-2005, 06:16 PM   #82
dotcom
*** PUBLIC RELATIONS ***

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
01 Yamaha R6, 125 BBB mini

Send a message via AIM to dotcom Send a message via MSN to dotcom Send a message via Yahoo to dotcom

i am so down for a sting...... oh please count me in... oh please... oh please ... let .com have some fun!!!!!!!

www.myspace.com/motohouston
dotcom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2005, 06:20 PM   #83
The Menace
We Fly HI

Bike(s):
CR250,CR450,Kx125 Fmx out, and 2 50's 1 real 1 knock off

hey im down for a sting also i can get my boys on it
The Menace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2005, 06:22 PM   #84
EFmang
secret AGENT

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Send a message via AIM to EFmang

im down .... but i think that the persons bike that is a decoy should have full coverage .. no telling what might go down if gets ugly... i would use my bike.. but i dont have fullcoverage..
Old 08-22-2005, 06:26 PM   #85
PORSCHITO

Feedback Rating: (1)

Send a message via AIM to PORSCHITO Send a message via Yahoo to PORSCHITO

1-chris i suggest u make a member only section so in case the robbers decide to check the board they wont be able to see the sting plan .....
2- if those guys stole 3 bikes at the same day same location i dont think they will be coming back any soon, but they may be targeting other universities by now... so we have to check other nearby universities and put the plan in action.
PORSCHITO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2005, 06:26 PM   #86
speedismo
OCD for speed

sorry to hear that man! fookers!!!

Travelomy:Simplify your travel.
speedismo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2005, 06:52 PM   #87
roro

! I feel for you man! Hate seeing like this....especially to a fellow Filipino!

I'm putting on my Scorpio i500 alarm tomorrow at Motorcycles Unlimited with all the works. Although I never ride to a place and just leave my bike chillin outside for more than a few minutes, like this always scare me. I usually lock the bike up too with a disc lock but I guess they can always pick it up.

My sister goes to UH and I will ask her today if she saw anything. Just wishful thinking here... but did you have a parking pass (or does UH not need one)?...could it be that it got towed....again wishful thinking. We'll keep a lookout for you.

ro
Old 08-22-2005, 06:59 PM   #88
mr_joe

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
2005 R6-Sold
2008 CBR1000

no if it was towed they would of toled him when he filled a police report.

www.myspace.com/mrjoes
mr_joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2005, 07:00 PM   #89
SE_Ryder122

Bike(s):
2001 R6 Champions Edition (Sold)

i can't f----- believe this. i'm sorry about your bike, man. i'll most definately keep a look out.
SE_Ryder122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2005, 07:08 PM   #90
AdamC

Quote:
Originally Posted by PORSCHITO
1-chris i suggest u make a member only section so in case the robbers decide to check the board they wont be able to see the sting plan .....
2- if those guys stole 3 bikes at the same day same location i dont think they will be coming back any soon, but they may be targeting other universities by now... so we have to check other nearby universities and put the plan in action.
Agreed.

Also I will bring a camera for evidence collection too
AdamC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2005, 07:12 PM   #91
flip326
No likey, no bikey

Experience: 7 years
Trackdays: 9

Bike(s):
'07 GSXR-750 (sold)
'05 zx6r Monster (sold)
'03 600rr track (sold)
'04 600rr Eurobet (sold)
'05 gsxr 600 (sold)

i'm out $6000, i had liability...if i get my bike or another one, i'm putting a paging alarm on it, and getting theft insurance......

I remeber a thread that said that guy got out of jail who steals bikes???? any thoughts......and Bao said something about his friend seeing a truck with what looked like an r6 inside the bed tipped over....i hope the PD catches these guys cuase i dont want to go to jail for what i will do to them if i catch it.....but i'm out of the game for a while.
Old 08-22-2005, 07:32 PM   #92
Robopath
Post Crusader

Bike(s):
20th Ann. GSX-R 600

Send a message via AIM to Robopath

this is sad . I really want to do something about it. I will be getting full coverage tomorrow I dont know how long it takes for that to kick in but its just not worth havings such a huge investment and not insuring it all the way. . . I know flip and saw him today, was happy that I parked next to him, and now his bike is gone. It hits too close to home. . . how long does it take for coverage to kick in ?

Further, if these guys hit 3 bikes that fast than ill bet they are to greedy to not want more. Easy licks breed confidence in these clowns. I wish there was an icon for furious boiling hatred.
Old 08-22-2005, 07:36 PM   #93
Patrick
Motorcycles Unlimited

Bike(s):
'14 Speed Triple R, '82 CB900F, '13 Streetglide

Paul,
Sorry your bike was stolen. If you want to hang a flyer with the VIN# on it at the shop bring it by, we'll also keep an eye out for it.

Patrick

NEED GEAR? We have a great selection in stock but if we need to order it we GUARANTEE FIT!
Where Houston riders go to have their bikes worked on, done right the first time!

muad

1964 FM 1960 West
Houston, TX 77090
Hours: Tues.-Fri. 9:30-6:00 Sat. 9-5:30
www.motorcycles-unlimited.com
http://www.facebook.com/motorcyclesunlimited
e-mail: patrick@motorcycles-unlimited.com
Patrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2005, 07:40 PM   #94
Din

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
GSXR with CHROME PACKAGE

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipboy326
i'm out $6000, i had liability...if i get my bike or another one, i'm putting a paging alarm on it, and getting theft insurance......

I remeber a thread that said that guy got out of jail who steals bikes???? any thoughts......and Bao said something about his friend seeing a truck with what looked like an r6 inside the bed tipped over....i hope the PD catches these guys cuase i dont want to go to jail for what i will do to them if i catch it.....but i'm out of the game for a while.
only thing you can do is hope and pray they find it maybe jsut striped of its plastics. I had my last gixxer stolen and i know how you feel man. Took me about 10months to get another one.
Din is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2005, 08:33 PM   #95
ImG

Send a message via AIM to ImG

my gf sells insurance, and said that it will become effective imediately if you switch for full coverge. but if anyone who does that and then report their bike stolen shortly after, usually the insurnace company will do a full investigation and probably won't issue your claim.
ImG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2005, 08:44 PM   #96
Steve O Chap
Big Hero

Bike(s):
1995 Suzuki RF600 - Sold
1993 Honda Shadow - Sold
2001 CBR F4i - Sold

dude... so sorry to hear that.

You know... it's amazing how many scumbags are out there taking what we worked so hard to get.
Old 08-22-2005, 08:45 PM   #97
Zapata
a.k.a Dos Equis

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
'13 Victory Cross Country
'11 HD Softail Fatboy
'06 HD StreetRod VRSCR

Member Garage

I also agree with the sting "operation" I read about something like that in one of the British magazines, seems like in England is also a big problem..This guys were setting up a new Ducati 9xx and just wait for the thiefs, when the crooks were loading the bike in a Van, they were jumping from all over the place and bitting the out of the crooks before calling the Cops.
Zapata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2005, 08:46 PM   #98
dokoliday
AWW SKEET SKEET SKEET!!!!

Bike(s):
05' Gixxer 600

Send a message via AIM to dokoliday Send a message via Yahoo to dokoliday

dude sorry to hear that, i'll keep an eye out, i'll tell eric and his bro the same.

style8Dokoliday
dokoliday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2005, 08:51 PM   #99
linjy2

Bike(s):
02 SV650S
08 WR250X
08 CBR600RR

Send a message via AIM to linjy2

sorry for your loss and to think i almost road to school today. and on first day of school with the most people too. i bet the thief is reading this thread this very moment.i'm glad my bike aint new and pretty. no one wants to steal my pos. haha
linjy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2005, 08:52 PM   #100
AdamC

Quote:
Originally Posted by zapata
I also agree with the sting "operation" I read about something like that in one of the British magazines, seems like in England is also a big problem..This guys were setting up a new Ducati 9xx and just wait for the thiefs, when the crooks were loading the bike in a Van, they were jumping from all over the place and bitting the out of the crooks before calling the Cops.
This is quoted from the story

Quote:
It's 2:14am in a carpark in suburban England and four blokes in an old van are fed up. Rambo, Tyson, Stan and Whacko Jacko - as they'll be known have waited four and a half hours, watching a solitary red Triumph T595 parked under the yellow glow of a streetlight.
That's too long to watch a motorbike do nothing. The reward should have come about two hours ago, but no luck so far. It's beginning to look like another no-score night; another waste of time, and it'll be the fourth in a row without action. Sod this for a game of soldiers.
Jacko, curled up in a back corner of the van, begins to snore softly. How can he go to sleep at a time like this? I'm nervous as , waiting for the police to arrest us, or for a gang to jump us, for pain and injury and imprisonment and death. My nerves are strung out on caffeine, nicotine and lack of sleep, yet at the same time I'm bored rigid with waiting. This is the most dangerous thing I've ever done and I'm bored.

Rambo, in the driver's seat, whispers a few words of frustration between clenched teeth, careful not to wake his colleague. His face is a flat, emotionless mask, eyes glinting in the light of his Marlboro.
Awww... come on you little ...'

He fills me in on exactly who it is we're waiting for.
'There's a gang of kids working round here, linked to some blokes in Newcastle who they sell the bikes on to. We know about them coz our client had his bike nicked from just down the road three weeks ago, and Jacko had his stolen not far from here a year back. We hate these little toe-rags.'

Stan chimes in: 'That bike's been parked in the same spot for a week and we've seen sweet -all. It's the most frustrating thing about what we do. This is our last night. We'll have to pack it in after this. We'll only get paid half, but the worst thing is we won't catch the bastards.'
As they speak, Tyson gazes steadily into the old Merc's rear view mirror. I can't believe how calm these guys are. The only sounds in the cabin are Hoist's Planet Suite playing quietly on Classic FM and the occasional shuffle of feet and click of cigarette lighters.
The bike is parked in the middle of a large carpark near a housing estate, where thefts are common night and day. It's a notorious local hot-spot. The van is about 15 yards from the bike, lurking in the shadows cast by the arch of a bridge. It's a carefully chosen location and is positioned in such a way as to be invisible to any passers by, including police. The last thing the boys want is police intervention. The police wouldn't like what they do.
Suddenly, Tyson whispers a sharp warning.
'Hsst. We've got a bite. Wake Jacko.'

Now there's movement. Before I've had a chance to lean across and look in the mirror, Rambo has barged me out of the way and climbed into the back of the van, grabbing a length of wood from under the seat and his Sylvester Stallone mask from the dash. Jacko is already awake, rolling over to the other side of the van and grabbing a truncheon, pulling on his coat. Everything is done smoothly and silently. The hours of waiting are over.
Peering into the mirror, I can see a dark, hooded shape sloping around in the shadows near the bike. He leans down across the seat and rocks the machine forward slightly, testing for an alarm. Then he fiddles around near the steering lock. There is no doubt about his intention. At that moment, Tyson, Rambo, Stan and Jacko explode from the van and sprint toward the culprit. He only manages five steps before he's mown down in a windmill of flailing fists...

It started, as these things often do, with a phone call.
'Wanna story? There's a bunch of blokes round here who get their own back on bike tealeaves. They parka bike up as bait, then wait in a van until someone tries to have it away. Then they jump out and kick out of 'im...'
Sounded good to me.
'Gets better, mate,' the caller continued. 'They're for hire. For a fee, you can get 'em to come round and stake-out your area, if you've got a problem...'
A meeting was arranged with the anonymous caller - whom we now know as Jacko - and I was sent along as the stooge. Cheers. I felt like I should be carrying a briefcase full of unmarked US dollars, or be wired from head to toe with an FBI spook whispering in my earpiece. Or maybe it would all be a waste of time...
But Jacko appeared at the meeting point promptly, answering his description, which was simply, 'I'm a big bloke. You'll know me when you see me.'
And he was. Twenty stone wide, six feet tall, gigantic forearms plastered with tattoos. He had short hair, piercing blue eyes, and his thick neck and head formed a huge Howitzer shell above his broad shoulders. This was a man you would never, ever with. He was wearing a short-sleeved shirt, tie and trousers. I expected a biker: he was driving a Ford Mondeo.
We ordered two Big Mac Meals and took a plastic booth near the kiddies' play area.
So, what's the story?
“Me and three mates lay a trap, park a bike up, then beat the out of anyone trying to steal it. It started off as pure revenge, but more and more people found out and we started getting paid to do jobs.'
What sparked it off?
'Three of us had our bikes nicked in the space of a month. Then Tyson's went a month later, and the law did nothing. So we got together to sort it out for ourselves. It's mad round here - probably just as bad anywhere else. 1 reckon every PB reader has either had his bike nicked, or knows someone who has.
'We used Rambo's van and did our first stake-out about eight months ago. We parked Stan's Triumph outside a mate's house in a side street, then parked the van behind it and waited. Simple, really. We made sure it was a fairly quiet, looked at escape routes for us and the thieves, got everything just so and waited. On the first night a couple of kids tried it on.

'We'd only waited a couple of hours. Couldn't believe it. Got one of the bastards and dragged him in the van. Gave him a kicking.'
What do you do to them?
'Nothing permanent. We can handle ourselves - we know how to hurt someone without seriously doing them in. It's all about control. If 1 hit someone, 1 might crack a few ribs at worst, but they'll know they've been hit.
The fear of it is worse than the actual pain. The surprise is bad enough. Most of 'em have been duffed over in their lives, but they won't have been caught nicking a bike, then dragged into a van by four blokes wearing full-face masks. We teach 'em a lesson.'

So can a paying client come on a stake-out?
'No. Too risky. Too unpredictable. Someone might pull a gun or a knife or the law might nab us and then you've got real ' trouble. Anyway, it can be three or four nights in a row. When you explain it, people back out: mostly, they just help us with choosing locations and reccying the job before.'
So will you let a journalist come on a job and see what happens?
'Yeah, why not?'

There is a distinct noise made by a human knee tearing, halfway between a deep 'pop' and a sharp 'crack'. It's loud enough to pass through the windows of the van and it makes my flesh crawl. Even after being kicked in the head and torso, punched in the face and dragged with iron fists across the tarmac, the bike thief is still putting up a struggle and someone has twisted his leg to calm him down. It's an over-vigorous action and the thiefs screams are now being muffled by Jacko's hands, one over the mouth, one around the neck.
They drag him to the van. I look through the doorway between cabin and load area to see three of the guys hold the thief up for Stan to give him one almighty backhander across the head. The Stan Laurel mask fixes its lifeless grin on me through the shadows as Stan buries a rock-hard fist into the thief's stomach. He punches him again, and again, then whispers something into his ear before pushing him back into the van. The rear doors are closed and the beating begins in earnest. There are muffled obscenities, grunted rather than spoken, as the thief is thrown from one side to the other, legs flailing in the semi-dark. It soon gets very hot in there; a stifling, humid heat.

'You .'
Bang.
'You fucken stealing it, eh?'
Bang.
'You fucken trying it?'
Bang, bang.
.'
Bang.

The thief is defiant at first, swearing back at his assailants, trying to strike out with his arms, but his screams are soon cut short by a throat hold. He hasn't got a chance. Soon the brat begins whimpering and begging as he takes hit after hit, mostly to the body, occasionally to the face.

The noise inside the van is unbearable: I'm sure the police will arrive at any moment, but it must be muffled from the outside. It suddenly occurs to me that they've probably soundproofed the interior...

The batons and weapons aren't used herem punishment is administered by fist and foot. Then the activity slows down, and one of the beaters moves his rubber face close to the thief s and whispers something like, 'You tell your friends about this, alright?'
Then there's another hit which sparks more violence. Shapes flit around in the enclosed space, lit only by the street light passing through the van's windscreen, giving me fleeting glimpses of Stan Laurel, Mike Tyson, John Rambo and Michael Jackson, moving left and right in a random dance, faces unmoving.

What must be only three or four minutes seems to go on for years. They make it last, they make it hurt, and they end it abruptly. Stan grabs the now bloodied and lifeless culprit by the neck and dumps him in the street before pulling on a full face helmet. His Triumph starts first time and so does the van as Rambo takes the wheel. The bike blasts off into the night and the van rolls behind it at a steady 30mph. I look back and see the thief dragging himself off the path and into an alleyway. Justice, no matter how violent, is done.

We drive to the motorway services where I've left my car. Jacko and Tyson sit in the back, propped up against the walls, smoking. Rambo sits unmoving at the wheel, driving smoothly and slowly. There are a few brief words about the knee mistake, and Jacko reckons he's seen the thief before somewhere. But there's nothing much to say, certainly nothing to celebrate. More than anything, as the adrenalin slowly seeps away, we become dog tired. At the services, we meet Stan inside and sit around drinking coffee. I mumble a question: do they think it will stop that kid doing it again? They ponder this for a .moment, before Jacko answers:
'No, not really. They're so stupid. Maybe, sometimes, it stops them, but that's not the aim. We're just doing something we need to do. Call it revenge, call it getting even, call it what you like. When we all had our bikes nicked, we couldn't believe how -up we felt about it, so we thought we'd take the law into our own hands. It felt so good the first time, we did it again. And again.'
There's a long silence before Stan starts talking.

'We're prepared to get nicked for what we do. It's part of the game. But it's worth the risk. The Feds don't like it, but maybe, just maybe, some of them - deep down - think it's alright. A lot of our friends like it. Our clients like it. We like it. That's all that matters.'
He looks out of the window as he speaks.
'We're not proud of what we do, and we wouldn't suggest other people do it. We don't think we're heroes or vigilantes or like that. We're just ordinary blokes who got fed up having our bikes nicked.'
Jacko has the final word before we part company. He speaks slowly and clearly, measuring every word.

'We think that what we do is RIGHT. We think it's time somebody fought back and played by the same rules as those -bags. 1 mean, they don't have rules, so why should we? A good kicking is all these little understand. But the law can't dish it out - they know these tossers just walk out of court every time - so we're going to keep doing it until we've had enough. And that'll be a long ' time, I'll tell you...
AdamC is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement