MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 11-16-2007, 02:41 PM   #21
texlurch
Official MH tag inspector

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
04 ZX-10R
02 ZX-12R BOTM 12/11
00 ZX-12R
07 GSXR 600
00 TL1000R BOTM 07/12 (sold)

Member Garage

I look at it like this. If you can afford to replace the bike, why can't you afford comp? Liability does absolutely nothing for you if you wreck or have the bike stolen; it's like having no insurance at all.
.... Home of the "Black Ninja's"
texlurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
06 gsxr 1000 wheel fit 06 gsxr 750??? SLICKRICKTEN How To's and Q & A's 0 10-28-2013 05:33 PM
Full Coverage Question DvlRacer General Discussion (Moto Related) 5 06-10-2009 06:56 PM
Full Coverage BadApple Moto Insurance 11 08-22-2008 08:14 PM
Full coverage.... Hooligan Moto Insurance 21 08-15-2008 01:41 PM
full coverage gsxr_firerider Moto Insurance 1 05-31-2008 01:21 PM
Advertisement
Old 11-16-2007, 02:47 PM   #22
pimp2303

Bike(s):
78 Yamaha yz400, 07 Honda cr-f230,

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Challen View Post
I guess by Racer X's standards, I'm stupid x 2

Personal opinion here:

If you finance a bike, you should have full coverage, period. Not doing it is a sucker's play. If you can't afford the bike and full coverage, then look at another bike.

If you pay cash for a bike, then you need to ask yourself the following question: If the bike were stolen today, could you go to a dealership tomorrow and replace it without breaking a sweat. If the answer is no, then you should be carrying full coverage.

Both of my bikes are $5k +, and both have liability and uninsured motorist only. HOWEVER, they are either in my garage or within view while I'm teaching and I can afford to replace either one easily.

Keep in mind that bikes (especially sportbikes) are stolen (a lot) and wrecked (a lot).

Also, keep in mind that "most" insurance companies will give you a discount if you've passed an MSF course.

Just my .02

My bike can be replaced with out a sweat.... and my bike has never stayed outside... i have never went no where on my bike and left it out more than 1hr... usually if im out on my bike... im on my bike unless im at work (have security in the parking lot) and school (secured by security also) but if my bike was stolen... i wouldnt get another one just cause i have better things to spend my money on... i wrecked my bike and everything is fixxed on it now + i have health insurace which paid for my medical so i only paid for the bike to get fixxed which wasnt much and my co-pay for going to the doctor which is $20
Old 11-16-2007, 08:42 PM   #23
del240z
MH's #1 HOBO

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 7 years

Bike(s):
None at the moment..... :-(

If you have just liability and theft on your bike, I dont see what would be wrong? Maybe i'm missing something....:dontknow:

If you have theft, then they pay out what it's worth at the time, miles, etc. etc.

:dontknow:

If you keep looking in the pantry and finding out its empty, eventually you go to a restaurant.
del240z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 08:49 PM   #24
texlurch
Official MH tag inspector

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
04 ZX-10R
02 ZX-12R BOTM 12/11
00 ZX-12R
07 GSXR 600
00 TL1000R BOTM 07/12 (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Del View Post
If you have just liability and theft on your bike, I dont see what would be wrong? Maybe i'm missing something....:dontknow:

If you have theft, then they pay out what it's worth at the time, miles, etc. etc.

:dontknow:
If it was stolen, you're good.

If you wreck it on your own, you're out all the insurance you paid, the cost of the bike, and the medical costs.

Hit somebody, same story, unless it was their fault and they have coverage.

Liability is the absolute minimum the law requires, but it only covers the OTHER guy, and does nothing to fix or replace YOUR stuff. That's a pretty high risk riding a sportbike the way I like to ride, and with all the theft these days.

Dunno. Just doesn't add up for me.. I mean if I can afford to toss the bike down, and go out the next day to pick up a new one, why can't I afford to insure mine for replacement?

I understand that there are those with crappy records, young, whatever; that have outrageous premiums. But what they are missing is all those out of pocket expenses that will come if they go down..
.... Home of the "Black Ninja's"
texlurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 09:16 PM   #25
redrocker

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
2007 GSXR 600

I have 07 gsxr 600 and pay 68.00 a month one ticket. State Farm.
redrocker is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement