MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Off Topic (everything else) > Off Topic
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.


Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Reply
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 11-15-2007, 05:12 PM   #121
CLETUS
Jungle Racing
 
CLETUS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Cypress, TX
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,275












Quote:
Originally Posted by Mala Lingua View Post
My friend, I'll be the first to tell you that spelling isn't everything; it really isn't anything but another construct. I've met brilliant folk who can't spell for and idiots who Strunk & White would adore.
I tihnk yuor patlfrom was wlel wtitern, it was the cnotnet taht sraced me.
__________________
Only a biker knows why a dog sticks his head out of a car window!
CLETUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What does a 'President' really do? Vividkid The Circus 1 06-15-2011 12:26 AM
what does it take to be president mekrew The Circus 21 11-04-2008 04:43 PM
so... when will we know who the next president will be? BigComfy The Circus 13 10-31-2008 01:21 PM
the president RACER X The Circus 40 09-09-2005 04:58 PM
Advertisement
Old 11-15-2007, 05:13 PM   #122
Mala Lingua
Optimistic Cynic
 
Mala Lingua's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: SE Side!
Feedback Rating: (5)
Posts: 10,983

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
'06 600RR (Mogee)
Phifty (Fuglee)





Quote:
Originally Posted by CLETUS View Post
I tihnk yuor patlfrom was wlel wtitern, it was the cnotnet taht sraced me.
Good. I'd be worried about you if it didn't scare you.
Mala Lingua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 05:19 PM   #123
Moody
Holy Smokes!
 
Moody's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Feedback Rating: (4)
Posts: 14,685


Bike(s):
281









Ever read The Aims of Education by Alfred North Whitehead?
__________________

Open your eyes and reclaim the freedom you were born with. - Moody
Moody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 05:21 PM   #124
CLETUS
Jungle Racing
 
CLETUS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Cypress, TX
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,275












No, but I hvae read The Prince by Machiavelli
does that count?
__________________
Only a biker knows why a dog sticks his head out of a car window!
CLETUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 05:26 PM   #125
Mala Lingua
Optimistic Cynic
 
Mala Lingua's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: SE Side!
Feedback Rating: (5)
Posts: 10,983

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
'06 600RR (Mogee)
Phifty (Fuglee)





Quote:
Originally Posted by Moody View Post
Ever read The Aims of Education by Alfred North Whitehead?
I haven't--is it one to put on the "do read" list?
Mala Lingua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 05:36 PM   #126
Gixxer Geezer
All day long I'm shufflin
 
Gixxer Geezer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Alvin
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 20,618

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
06 honda vtx 1300
06 Busa limited. sold
2 Gixxer 600. sold
85 Honda Hurricane. sold
56 Triumph, 64 BSA, Thunderbolt, 66 BSA Lightning Bolt, 64 Honda Scrambler. all sold






anyone.. with a 1. Brain.. 2. Heart.. 3. Courage... 4. Humbleness.. plus about 20 other items i havent time to type... if you know one .. send his name in to be a write in on the ballot... thanks.
__________________
gixxergeezer 1



What part of "I Don't Care", Don't you Understand?
Gixxer Geezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 08:14 PM   #127
pester
Black olives matter
 
pester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Montgomery cty
Feedback Rating: (12)
Posts: 15,272

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2007 yamaha fz6
1998 yamaha wr 400 motard



Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by CaJuNsOuLjA View Post
haha...that's because you've never researched "dark matter"...
the way i see it i need to see to believe show me and i may bow to him
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by honorsdaddy View Post
Technology has insulated the stupid from the rightful consequences of their actions - and exposed the rest of us to the damage they can cause.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1sickGixxer View Post
nevermind ima bumbass and ill get my wife 2 do it 2nite.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyt915 View Post
I know enough Spanish to stick you with a knife cabron
pester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 08:30 PM   #128
paniro187
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 13,473












Quote:
Originally Posted by TxBritt04R6 View Post
My opinion. Prove to me there is no , and I'll change my opinion. Until then, I believe that you accept by Faith, that there is no .


There you go again. I'm Praying for Christian Leadership - best chances for that at the moment, are here.
if you were to stick with true christian beliefs you wouldn't be into politics at all. was christ ever in politics?? Nope so why are you into them. A man made government will never work because it's ran by imperfect people. Pay cesar's things to cesar and 's things to . Pay your taxes cause it's law but as far as involving your self in man's government that's something you shouldn't do.
__________________
The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule.-H. L. Mencken

When you add emotion to any equation, you can't trust the results-Unknown
paniro187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 08:47 PM   #129
CaJuNsOuLjA
Resident Glasnost
 
CaJuNsOuLjA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: NW: 249 & Beltway
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 11,106

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
*SOLD*...(Pending purchase): 2006 CRF 450






Quote:
Originally Posted by pester View Post
the way i see it i need to see to believe show me and i may bow to him
...and you need to click here too haha
__________________
indifferent0028"They've created a nation of spenders, speculators, and consumers, and they've destroyed the savers, producers, and the investing class that built this country. We're moving from a market-based economy to essentially a planned economy. We're abandoning capitalism and embracing socialism. That's a recipe for disaster." - Peter Schiff
CaJuNsOuLjA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 08:48 PM   #130
pester
Black olives matter
 
pester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Montgomery cty
Feedback Rating: (12)
Posts: 15,272

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2007 yamaha fz6
1998 yamaha wr 400 motard



Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by TxBritt04R6 View Post
My very first post in this thread was this...

"True, Strong, Christian Values. I don't mean lip service Christianity either.'

I'm sorry you got screwed over by someone that claimed to be a Christian. Lets not generalize and put all Bible believing and practicing Christians in that catagory, okay?

Britt
i just dont understand why u want a leader telling you what to do. i dont need nobody telling me how to live my life

if is bill clinton getting a blowojob i still getting up in the morning and go to work and live my life the same way

i know only the lambs are praying for a good leader to rule their lives

i dont care if is the pop benedict or the idiot marylin manson

i will always be me and do what i think is right
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by honorsdaddy View Post
Technology has insulated the stupid from the rightful consequences of their actions - and exposed the rest of us to the damage they can cause.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1sickGixxer View Post
nevermind ima bumbass and ill get my wife 2 do it 2nite.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyt915 View Post
I know enough Spanish to stick you with a knife cabron
pester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 08:50 PM   #131
CaJuNsOuLjA
Resident Glasnost
 
CaJuNsOuLjA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: NW: 249 & Beltway
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 11,106

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
*SOLD*...(Pending purchase): 2006 CRF 450






Quote:
Originally Posted by tomLSTD View Post
In my opinion, the posts you have made (especially when in response to me) have been posturing, like you have something to prove. You try to use intelligent terminology, but don't seem to know how to implement what you're saying. You remind me of a college student that took a few classes but has yet to hone what they learned in school to actual life experience. Not that is is what you are, I just get that impression. You try to use big words or theoretical examples to try to make yourself look intelligent, but a lot of what you're saying, really isn't saying anything.
This is classic! Looks like an ad hominem to me, you make an argument against me and your perception of my character rather than my arguments themselves. There's a quote that's perfect for this occasion:

"The best defense against logic is ignorance."- Mark Twain

Just in case:
An Ad Hominem is a general category of fallacies in which a claim or argument is rejected on the basis of some irrelevant fact about the author of or the person presenting the claim or argument. Typically, this fallacy involves two steps. First, an attack against the character of person making the claim, her circumstances, or her actions is made (or the character, circumstances, or actions of the person reporting the claim). Second, this attack is taken to be evidence against the claim or argument the person in question is making (or presenting).

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomLSTD View Post
Who cares what makes a word a word? That sounds like Slick 's "that depends on what the definition of is, is" statement. I simply stated an observation that I think they place stupid words like "bootylicious" in there because it brings exposure. Clearly, there is no good reason to put a word like "bootylicious" in the dictionary.
Perhaps the reason they put the word "bootylicious" in the dictionary was because it is a recognized structure used to communicate an idea, person, place, thing, etc.. But hey, I'm an ignoramus so you never know. As far as "who cares what makes a word a word", if you fail to understand the significance then I've got nothing else to say on the matter. I've tried a few too many times though in my opinion, so I will just let this one go...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomLSTD View Post
You don't want to have a law to address the problem, but you do accept vigilantism to solve the problem yourself? What makes it OK for you to take justice in to your own hands? Why can't that person disagree with you? Starting to see some more contradictions with your words...
Who ever said anything about vigilantism? I said I would address the person, not kill, maim or otherwise harm them. You can verbally address someone and get your point across without being physical People can, and oftentimes will, disagree, there is nothing wrong with this, you persist in making arguments for me that I am neither suggesting nor in support of lol .

Again, I will agree to disagree with you on this one because I believe you are on to something when you say something is getting lost in translation and I've bored with attempting to communicate these ideas. You either agree or you don't and we don't. End of discussion. It was fun...next topic
__________________
indifferent0028"They've created a nation of spenders, speculators, and consumers, and they've destroyed the savers, producers, and the investing class that built this country. We're moving from a market-based economy to essentially a planned economy. We're abandoning capitalism and embracing socialism. That's a recipe for disaster." - Peter Schiff
CaJuNsOuLjA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 08:52 PM   #132
pester
Black olives matter
 
pester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Montgomery cty
Feedback Rating: (12)
Posts: 15,272

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2007 yamaha fz6
1998 yamaha wr 400 motard



Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by CaJuNsOuLjA View Post
...and you need to click here too haha
lol i mean show me

now seriously if is what ppl say it is why he isnt here at least once a year? why leaving us alone?

if he was so wise let me tell you, he should know better than leave us the religion to mankind to maneage

i dont think is wise to leave man kind on its own because well, you know what happens

and to finish this we all know mankind will always look for answers

well we still looking
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by honorsdaddy View Post
Technology has insulated the stupid from the rightful consequences of their actions - and exposed the rest of us to the damage they can cause.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1sickGixxer View Post
nevermind ima bumbass and ill get my wife 2 do it 2nite.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyt915 View Post
I know enough Spanish to stick you with a knife cabron
pester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 08:52 PM   #133
CaJuNsOuLjA
Resident Glasnost
 
CaJuNsOuLjA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: NW: 249 & Beltway
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 11,106

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
*SOLD*...(Pending purchase): 2006 CRF 450






DAMMIT...disregard, has nothin to do with this thread, I had pasted into the window to hold that in case I had gotten timed out of MH, nothing ya off like writing somin' n not bein able to retrieve it when it's deleted...:/:
__________________
indifferent0028"They've created a nation of spenders, speculators, and consumers, and they've destroyed the savers, producers, and the investing class that built this country. We're moving from a market-based economy to essentially a planned economy. We're abandoning capitalism and embracing socialism. That's a recipe for disaster." - Peter Schiff
CaJuNsOuLjA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 09:01 PM   #134
CaJuNsOuLjA
Resident Glasnost
 
CaJuNsOuLjA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: NW: 249 & Beltway
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 11,106

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
*SOLD*...(Pending purchase): 2006 CRF 450






Quote:
Originally Posted by pester View Post
lol i mean show me

now seriously if is what ppl say it is why he isnt here at least once a year? why leaving us alone?

if he was so wise let me tell you, he should know better than leave us the religion to mankind to maneage

i dont think is wise to leave man kind on its own because well, you know what happens

and to finish this we all know mankind will always look for answers

well we still looking
Not gonna suck me into that debate but I will say this...

No one can prove to you dark matter exists either because it cannot be observed, but there's a significant general consensus of scientists' as to whether or not it is real...

Secondly, to suggest as argument as to the reason doesn't exist is that he would do this and wouldn't do that is shortsighted. Upon what example in the tangible world would you be predicating your arguments? You are projecting human reasoning onto what would be an extra-human entity. I can't prove that he does exist and you can't give me a reason other than: he doesn't show himself, to argue that he doesn't exist. Everything is based on faith so if you don't believe, great, I can't and won'ty attempt to prove he does. You either believe he does or you don't. Simple.
__________________
indifferent0028"They've created a nation of spenders, speculators, and consumers, and they've destroyed the savers, producers, and the investing class that built this country. We're moving from a market-based economy to essentially a planned economy. We're abandoning capitalism and embracing socialism. That's a recipe for disaster." - Peter Schiff
CaJuNsOuLjA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 09:05 PM   #135
pester
Black olives matter
 
pester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Montgomery cty
Feedback Rating: (12)
Posts: 15,272

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2007 yamaha fz6
1998 yamaha wr 400 motard



Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by CaJuNsOuLjA View Post
Not gonna suck me into that debate but I will say this...

No one can prove to you dark matter exists either because it cannot be observed, but there's a significant general consensus of scientists' as to whether or not it is real...

Secondly, to suggest as argument as to the reason doesn't exist is that he would do this and wouldn't do that is shortsighted. Upon what example in the tangible world would you be predicating your arguments? You are projecting human reasoning onto what would be an extra-human entity. I can't prove that he does exist and you can't give me a reason other than: he doesn't show himself, to argue that he doesn't exist. Everything is based on faith so if you don't believe, great, I can't and won'ty attempt to prove he does. You either believe he does or you don't. Simple.
thats what i want it to read

finally someone says it the simple and short way

yeah i see your point and no i wasnt trying to pull you into an argument

a good discussion nontheless
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by honorsdaddy View Post
Technology has insulated the stupid from the rightful consequences of their actions - and exposed the rest of us to the damage they can cause.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1sickGixxer View Post
nevermind ima bumbass and ill get my wife 2 do it 2nite.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyt915 View Post
I know enough Spanish to stick you with a knife cabron
pester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 10:42 PM   #136
ArturoC
51% Geek, 49% SuperHero
 
ArturoC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Atascocita
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 23,248


Bike(s):
'99 GSXR600
'04 NSR 50
'09 Yamaha WR250X
'07 Triumph 675

Member Garage





Send a message via ICQ to ArturoC Send a message via AIM to ArturoC Send a message via Yahoo to ArturoC Send a message via Skype™ to ArturoC
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaJuNsOuLjA View Post
No one can prove to you dark matter exists either because it cannot be observed, but there's a significant general consensus of scientists' as to whether or not it is real...
Ok, so that's the 2nd time you've referred to dark matter in this thread.

It's apples and oranges when trying to compare the as of yet (directly) unobserved dark matter, to an unobserved .

They don't know what it is, only that something is there.

"... dark matter is matter of unknown composition that does not emit or reflect enough electromagnetic radiation to be observed directly, but whose presence can be inferred from gravitational effects on visible matter. According to present observations of structures larger than galaxies, as well as Big Bang cosmology, dark matter accounts for the vast majority of mass in the observable universe. ."


There is evidence to suggest it's presence unlike mythical supernatural gods whose only existence exists in tales past down from generation to generation.


Quote:
Secondly, to suggest as argument as to the reason doesn't exist is that he would do this and wouldn't do that is shortsighted.

Agreed. Sillly argument pester.
__________________
Blog | Pics | YouTube
CMRA [Prov Nov]ice #404
Sponsors: D&D - GoPro - Amsoil
ArturoC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 10:59 PM   #137
Mala Lingua
Optimistic Cynic
 
Mala Lingua's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: SE Side!
Feedback Rating: (5)
Posts: 10,983

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
'06 600RR (Mogee)
Phifty (Fuglee)





Gyahhhh! Now I wants a kittah-dark-matter pic!!!!
Mala Lingua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 11:05 PM   #138
pester
Black olives matter
 
pester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Montgomery cty
Feedback Rating: (12)
Posts: 15,272

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2007 yamaha fz6
1998 yamaha wr 400 motard



Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by ArturoC View Post
Ok, so that's the 2nd time you've referred to dark matter in this thread.

It's apples and oranges when trying to compare the as of yet (directly) unobserved dark matter, to an unobserved .

They don't know what it is, only that something is there.

"... dark matter is matter of unknown composition that does not emit or reflect enough electromagnetic radiation to be observed directly, but whose presence can be inferred from gravitational effects on visible matter. According to present observations of structures larger than galaxies, as well as Big Bang cosmology, dark matter accounts for the vast majority of mass in the observable universe. ."


There is evidence to suggest it's presence unlike mythical supernatural gods whose only existence exists in tales past down from generation to generation.





Agreed. Sillly argument pester.

i liked that last statement quoted to me becaue it was right

is just a matter of faith and fear of burn in because someone said so

is like those ppl long ago that worshiped a stone, when someone else approached and asked why they did it, someone replied

who knows but i was told to do so, so i dont burn in . so i am doing it too, "just in case is true" you cant never be too carefull

any more questions?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by honorsdaddy View Post
Technology has insulated the stupid from the rightful consequences of their actions - and exposed the rest of us to the damage they can cause.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1sickGixxer View Post
nevermind ima bumbass and ill get my wife 2 do it 2nite.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyt915 View Post
I know enough Spanish to stick you with a knife cabron
pester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 11:27 PM   #139
Azylum
The Chosen One
 
Azylum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Ellington
Feedback Rating: (23)
Posts: 39,629

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 2











i think people should leave their "anti-religion" out of politics. theyre so pre-occupied with whats said in the Pledge of Allegiance that they completely disassociate themselves from true problems in this country. problem number one: IMMIGRATION. now THATS a real problem. we as a nation need to establish and defend our BORDERS, LANGUAGE, AND CULTURE as Americans, and stop trying to kiss everyone elses in the world. this country has become so pussified over the past few decades it makes me sick. we need a president that will NOT falter to poll numbers, but one that will stand by his convictions and do what is right for America.
u dont like religion, thats fine, i dont think any less of someone that doesnt believe in . sad thing is, most "atheists" are only such because it seems to be a growing fad these days--because its the "cool" thing to do...to be a nonconformist.
but like i said, you dont believe in a higher power, then so be it. but who the are you to take away from me? im not trying to turn this into a theological discussion. i agree with Britt 100%.
__________________
motohoustonlogo
Bringing back the old school.
Azylum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 11:29 PM   #140
Azylum
The Chosen One
 
Azylum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Ellington
Feedback Rating: (23)
Posts: 39,629

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 2











Quote:
Originally Posted by pester View Post
i just dont understand why u want a leader telling you what to do. i dont need nobody telling me how to live my life

if is bill clinton getting a blowojob i still getting up in the morning and go to work and live my life the same way

i know only the lambs are praying for a good leader to rule their lives

i dont care if is the pop benedict or the idiot marylin manson

i will always be me and do what i think is right
FYI Pester, your typical rightwing Christian politician fights AGAINST more government. the atheist left wants the government to control EVERY ASPECT OF YOUR LIFE, i.e. SOCIALISM.
__________________
motohoustonlogo
Bringing back the old school.
Azylum is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Advertisement


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:53 AM.


MotoHouston.com is not responsible for the content posted by users.
Privacy Policy