MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Off Topic (everything else) > Off Topic
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 11-16-2007, 10:46 AM   #101
Fuzzy018

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
2009 HD Dyna - Super Glide

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxBritt04R6 View Post
If you're seriously seeking answers, then we could meet and discuss face to face. PM me for contact info.

Britt
I'll meet you for a beer. But not for a religios discussion. I've had too many of them. You're not gonna change your mind, And I'm not gonna change my mind. I respect your views and do not want to change them. I just give my opinion in this post. It is my experience that in a conversation like that, the religions person is trying to convert the atheist while the atheist is trying to get the religions person to understand his views.

See the difference in the intents.
Fuzzy018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Celebrity Athiests ArturoC Off Topic 5 03-20-2007 01:07 PM
Advertisement
Old 11-16-2007, 10:49 AM   #102
TxBritt08R1
Saved By Grace

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
2008 R1 - Sold!
2004 R6 - Sold!
2004 FZ6 - Sold!

Send a message via MSN to TxBritt08R1
Quote:
Originally Posted by marimirez View Post
I think you are wrong. I have seen atheist converted. But it was def not by calling them self centered and telling them they are wrong and going to .
Then I doubt their conversion.

A person has to know how he stands in 's sight before he can appreciate what Jesus did on the cross. Its like someone walking up to you and saying, " Hey man, here's a cure - and its for you!" A cure? For what?? You'll have no idea what he's talking about, and won't appreciate the "cure" because he didn't present to you what the cure was for.

So if you "convert" someone over from Atheism without them knowing that they're a sinner, why there condemned, and how to be saved from that through Jesus's finished work on the cross and his ressurection, then you've accomplished nothing.

This can all be backed up in the Bible.

Britt
For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. Romans 6:23
Originally Posted by Sifu-TZ
...I'm glad it's such a boring sport, what would it be like if they watched something a little more interesting, like football? they'd just spontaneously combust on the spot...
TxBritt08R1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 10:50 AM   #103
paniro187

Quote:
This reminded me of the episode of Seinfeld.

woman: Does it bother you if i'm not religious.
man: No
woman: why not
man: I'm not the one going to .

I thought it was funny. Everyone has their own beliefs. I will share mine and have a discussion about it. But I don't see the point in trying to "beat" your view/beliefs onto others. If anything it just enforces the way the other person feels.
isn't that what christ did by preaching to others?? and if youi're going to be a christians doesn't that mean follow christ as close as you can doing things he did like preaching and telling your beliefs. I will say though that the delivery most christians choose to get across their beliefs is wrong in it'self.

When you add emotion to any equation, you can't trust the results-Unknown
paniro187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 10:50 AM   #104
gixxerbill

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
K5 GSXR 1000
2008 Goldwing 1832 cc
Bourget Low Blow Chopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy018 View Post
Have you.
Yes.

Quote:
Cause I don;t belive in them either.
That don't matter if you believe in them or not. Does it matter if you believe in paying your taxes? Doesn't matter don't pay them pay some fines or go to jail. Side note: isn't odd jail and both sound alike and mean basically the same thing?

Quote:
But I've never robbed or killed or cheated on a loved one. I gamble and I drink and I love to F**k though
Drinking is ok just don't get drunk. Gambling is silly because you usually lose but heck business is a gamble. , yea, if you ain't married that is is a sin and you fall short. Also if you have ever lusted after a woman, again you fell short and need Jesus. Why not just believe in Him and be saved. Most people don't believe because they think they will have to give up alot. All they are really giving up are things that aren't good for them in the first place. Only if they would focus on what they ARE GAINING. Life ever lasting(in a confortable place) and access to a that wants to bless you beyond your wildest dreams.
Old 11-16-2007, 10:53 AM   #105
ArturoC
51% Geek, 49% SuperHero

Bike(s):
'99 GSXR600
'04 NSR 50
'09 Yamaha WR250X
'07 Triumph 675

Member Garage

Send a message via ICQ to ArturoC Send a message via AIM to ArturoC Send a message via Yahoo to ArturoC Send a message via Skype™ to ArturoC
Quote:
Originally Posted by gixxerbill View Post
Side note: isn't odd jail and both sound alike and mean basically the same thing?

Jail = real = me = scared

= not real = me = not scared
CMRA [Prov Nov]ice #404
Sponsors: D&D - GoPro - Amsoil
ArturoC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 10:55 AM   #106
TxBritt08R1
Saved By Grace

Bike(s):
2008 R1 - Sold!
2004 R6 - Sold!
2004 FZ6 - Sold!

Quote:
Originally Posted by paniro187 View Post
isn't that what christ did by preaching to others?? and if youi're going to be a christians doesn't that mean follow christ as close as you can doing things he did like preaching and telling your beliefs. I will say though that the delivery most christians choose to get across their beliefs is wrong in it'self.
I agree with you. Most Christians come off as forceful, and in your face, following you down the street, etc.. Yeah, before I came to Christ - I had that approach taken with me, and I was turned off immediately.

Respectfully present the Gospel, the whole Gospel, not some watered down, feel good message. Let the Holy Spirit do his work on the person's heart. Pray for them, and leave it at that. If you feel like the witnessing experience went well, make a follow up visit. Badgering the person will do FAR MORE DAMAGE than just letting the Lord take care of it.

Britt
For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. Romans 6:23
...I'm glad it's such a boring sport, what would it be like if they watched something a little more interesting, like football? they'd just spontaneously combust on the spot...
Old 11-16-2007, 10:56 AM   #107
marimirez
PW Reformed...

Bike(s):
2000 Can a tuna ~sold~ 06 Gixxer 600

Quote:
I don't ever remember Christ telling anyone they were going to . Which is most believers arguing point today. I believe he converted through works and kindness. I think he showed people why they should believe and follow him. If that makes any sense.
marimirez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 10:58 AM   #108
gixxerbill

Bike(s):
K5 GSXR 1000
2008 Goldwing 1832 cc
Bourget Low Blow Chopper

Quote:
I don't ever remember Christ telling anyone they were going to . Which is most believers arguing point today. I believe he converted through works and kindness. I think he showed people why they should believe and follow him. If that makes any sense.
Actually, Jesus talked about more than He did Heaven.
Old 11-16-2007, 11:01 AM   #109
CLETUS
Jungle Racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArturoC View Post
Jail = real = me = scared

= not real = me = not scared
That's cute, really...

Old 11-16-2007, 11:02 AM   #110
TxBritt08R1
Saved By Grace

Bike(s):
2008 R1 - Sold!
2004 R6 - Sold!
2004 FZ6 - Sold!

Quote:
Read the book of Matthew. Here's a few verses...

Matthew 13:42, 13:50, 22:13, 24:51, 25:30...

Jesus preached about the consequences of sin more than he did about Heaven.

Britt
Old 11-16-2007, 11:05 AM   #111
Fuzzy018

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxBritt04R6 View Post
Then I doubt their conversion.

A person has to know how he stands in 's sight before he can appreciate what Jesus did on the cross. Its like someone walking up to you and saying, " Hey man, here's a cure - and its for you!" A cure? For what?? You'll have no idea what he's talking about, and won't appreciate the "cure" because he didn't present to you what the cure was for.

So if you "convert" someone over from Atheism without them knowing that they're a sinner, why there condemned, and how to be saved from that through Jesus's finished work on the cross and his ressurection, then you've accomplished nothing.

This can all be backed up in the Bible.

Britt
You just made my point.

I can accept that you belive in .

Why can't you just accept that I don't?!
Old 11-16-2007, 11:08 AM   #112
Fuzzy018

Bike(s):

Quote:
Yes.

That don't matter if you believe in them or not. Does it matter if you believe in paying your taxes? Doesn't matter don't pay them pay some fines or go to jail. Side note: isn't odd jail and both sound alike and mean basically the same thing?

Drinking is ok just don't get drunk. Gambling is silly because you usually lose but heck business is a gamble. , yea, if you ain't married that is is a sin and you fall short. Also if you have ever lusted after a woman, again you fell short and need Jesus. Why not just believe in Him and be saved. Most people don't believe because they think they will have to give up alot. All they are really giving up are things that aren't good for them in the first place. Only if they would focus on what they ARE GAINING. Life ever lasting(in a confortable place) and access to a that wants to bless you beyond your wildest dreams.
I don't need to believe in anything to feel healthy and "saved".
I've evolved.
I'm happy.
I got nothing hanging over my sholder.
No one's going to me or save me.
Old 11-16-2007, 11:09 AM   #113
CLETUS
Jungle Racing

Quote:
I don't need to believe in anything to feel healthy and "saved".
I've evolved. I'm happy.
I got nothing hanging over my sholder.
No one's going to me or save me.

Old 11-16-2007, 11:10 AM   #114
Fuzzy018

Bike(s):

Quote:
Actually, Jesus talked about more than He did Heaven.

How's that a good thing? Let's scare people into conformity. That's how MAN created .
Old 11-16-2007, 11:12 AM   #115
gixxerbill

Bike(s):
K5 GSXR 1000
2008 Goldwing 1832 cc
Bourget Low Blow Chopper

Quote:
You just made my point.

He can accept it, he just doesn't like. As Christians we are to care about our fellow man. Heck even as a non christian you care about your fellow do you not? So in the same instance if a bridge was out and txbritt told you was it and you said I don't believe you doesn't mean the bridge ain't out so he is going to tell you again because maybe you are just hardheaded and need to be told again. Hey DUDE THE BRIDGE IS OUT!!!@
Old 11-16-2007, 11:14 AM   #116
paniro187

Quote:
don't think my point came across the right way i was saying it's all in the delivery. Kindof like saying this certain thing dipleases not telling someone they are going to . I was trying to say, that in a way jesus was pushing his beliefs on others. is that not wrong to say that? but likei said alot of self proffessed christians these days pass judgment on non believers and other people that have committed crimes when themselves are sinning day to day to. alot of times when speaking of christians it's easy for them to see what others are doing wrong but not what they themselves are doing wrong. hence the religious right. which in it's self wrong becuase a true christian wouildn't take up politics.

When you add emotion to any equation, you can't trust the results-Unknown
paniro187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 11:18 AM   #117
TxBritt08R1
Saved By Grace

Bike(s):
2008 R1 - Sold!
2004 R6 - Sold!
2004 FZ6 - Sold!

Quote:
You just made my point.

Never said that I didn't accept that?
Old 11-16-2007, 11:18 AM   #118
marimirez
PW Reformed...

Bike(s):
2000 Can a tuna ~sold~ 06 Gixxer 600

Quote:
don't think my point came across the right way i was saying it's all in the delivery. Kindof like saying this certain thing dipleases not telling someone they are going to . I was trying to say, that in a way jesus was pushing his beliefs on others. is that not wrong to say that? but likei said alot of self proffessed christians these days pass judgment on non believers and other people that have committed crimes when themselves are sinning day to day to. alot of times when speaking of christians it's easy for them to see what others are doing wrong but not what they themselves are doing wrong. hence the religious right. which in it's self wrong becuase a true christian wouildn't take up politics.
Understood and agreed.
marimirez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 11:21 AM   #119
Fuzzy018

Bike(s):

Quote:
He can accept it, he just doesn't like. As Christians we are to care about our fellow man. Heck even as a non christian you care about your fellow do you not? So in the same instance if a bridge was out and txbritt told you was it and you said I don't believe you doesn't mean the bridge ain't out so he is going to tell you again because maybe you are just hardheaded and need to be told again. Hey DUDE THE BRIDGE IS OUT!!!@
Sounds more like distain and hate to me. If you cared so much, you would accept.
But istead you use love as a reason to try to change people into conforming to your beliefs and standards.
Can you live happily knowing that there are two content gay men living together, married, happy... Or do you hate them and think its wrong and they be puniched by .

If for only one day, you could live in the bliss and happiness of carelessnass. But instead you let it eat at you, "it's wrong", "it's unnatural", "can;t let them do it", "must save them from damnation"

JUST LET IT GO!

LET IT GO!

This is not you in particular gixxerbill. And this is not an attack. And the Gay issue is just the first thing I could think of. But that's how it seems eats at religions people.
Old 11-16-2007, 11:24 AM   #120
TxBritt08R1
Saved By Grace

Bike(s):
2008 R1 - Sold!
2004 R6 - Sold!
2004 FZ6 - Sold!

Quote:
I disagree here. My opinion is that if the politicians have the power to mold, change, and shape the country - then Christians need to have a voice in that. For example. The great commissions says to go forth, preaching the Gospel - right? Thats an offensive message by default, because you're calling someone a sinner, etc... Now - if its a hate crime to call a homosexual guy names, and such - then how much longer before calling someone a sinner becomes outlawed? If that happens, then what about offending someone who happens to be sitting in a church listening to a sermon being preached on sin and ?

Will the government remember "free speach and religious freedom?" or will they gag the preachers, and outlaw the Bible for its "hate-speech".

Unfortunately, things being how they are - they're not going to get any better for Christians.

Britt

Advertisement