MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Off Topic (everything else) > Off Topic
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 11-16-2007, 01:52 PM   #221
ArturoC
51% Geek, 49% SuperHero

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
'99 GSXR600
'04 NSR 50
'09 Yamaha WR250X
'07 Triumph 675

Member Garage

Send a message via ICQ to ArturoC Send a message via AIM to ArturoC Send a message via Yahoo to ArturoC Send a message via Skype™ to ArturoC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faylaricia View Post
I always heard that Jesus is coming back.

Actually, will be know if it is him? The next guy who comes and says, I am Jesus, will he be admitted to a psychic ward or will people actually believe him?

He's come several times.

David Koresh, that other dude from Miami with the rolex watches (his time is coming)

So far, they've all got the same treatment jesus allegedly received. It take a few zealots to champion the cause a few hundred years after the fact for the idea to take hold.

I'm just sayin'
CMRA [Prov Nov]ice #404
Sponsors: D&D - GoPro - Amsoil
ArturoC is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Celebrity Athiests ArturoC Off Topic 5 03-20-2007 01:07 PM
Advertisement
Old 11-16-2007, 01:53 PM   #222
ArturoC
51% Geek, 49% SuperHero

Bike(s):
'99 GSXR600
'04 NSR 50
'09 Yamaha WR250X
'07 Triumph 675

Member Garage

Send a message via ICQ to ArturoC Send a message via AIM to ArturoC Send a message via Yahoo to ArturoC Send a message via Skype™ to ArturoC
Quote:
Originally Posted by gixxerbill View Post
Arturoc would you please stop posting videos on these threads. STupid netscape gives me an error and looses connection. Then I have to go to microsoft exporer and it is crawls. I hate computers. invented motorcycles and satan invented computers.

They are relevant to the discussion.

http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/ + flash plugin
CMRA [Prov Nov]ice #404
Old 11-16-2007, 02:14 PM   #223
ArturoC
51% Geek, 49% SuperHero

Bike(s):
'99 GSXR600
'04 NSR 50
'09 Yamaha WR250X
'07 Triumph 675

Member Garage

So science and scientific theory be damned.

You would think that something as extraordinary as the alleged miracles in the bible would have raised a few eye brows, right?

I mean, there are events in history books not quite so awesome as those miracles would have been. So why is it that there is no mention (that I am aware of) of any such feats of magic in history books.

Separation of church and state and removal of gods from public schools be damned If such things took place, they would have been monumental historic events, no?

Yet no mention. :dontknow:
CMRA [Prov Nov]ice #404
Old 11-16-2007, 02:34 PM   #224
[poser]
"the un-original"

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 4

Bike(s):
'o7 sv650s: Tundra DC 5.7: Trek 1.2
wish I had a motard / dual sport, it'll be next

if you're into the scientific side of things, this guy has a very imteresting take on creation / evolution science.

http://www.creationmoments.net/

and some of the stuff is, and technically the old testiment is more of the history of Isreal in some books [they're even classified as histroy books of the bible] so its in that history book
Originally Posted by my father-in-law
Jason is hard to read, I can't always tell if he's joking or if his jugdment really is that bad
[poser] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 02:36 PM   #225
SPHINX
Ominous Misanthropia

Bike(s):
2006 ZX6R
2005 749S

Send a message via AIM to SPHINX
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArturoC View Post
So science and scientific theory be damned.

You would think that something as extraordinary as the alleged miracles in the bible would have raised a few eye brows, right?

I mean, there are events in history books not quite so awesome as those miracles would have been. So why is it that there is no mention (that I am aware of) of any such feats of magic in history books.

Separation of church and state and removal of gods from public schools be damned If such things took place, they would have been monumental historic events, no?

Yet no mention. :dontknow:
you are interpreting the bible in a whole literal plane, I frankly don't think that's how the bible is supposed to be interpreted in the first place. Those events in the bible were an approximate description--exagerated--of an earthly phenomena that back then was previously known. Since they did not have a convenient explanation for it, the pragmatic ancient thinkers simply atributed to a divine entity.
perhaps the reason those events are not mentioned anywhere in history is because....well, they are magic and there is no wy to know if they were real or simply an illusion.
SPHINX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 02:39 PM   #226
ArturoC
51% Geek, 49% SuperHero

Bike(s):
'99 GSXR600
'04 NSR 50
'09 Yamaha WR250X
'07 Triumph 675

Member Garage

I'm not denying that their may be some historical events in the 'holy' books. What I am looking for is the documentation in history books of the alleged feats of might and magic.

Side note: My favorite novels to read are historical fiction. They are based in fact, with real historical events in the backdrop, with a main story line of a mostly fictional character from that period.

At best, that's what I can say the bible is.
CMRA [Prov Nov]ice #404
Old 11-16-2007, 02:40 PM   #227
Faylaricia
The Comtesse

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'02 Honda VFR800

I haven't read this book yet but want to. What do you think about the DaVinci Code?
Old 11-16-2007, 02:40 PM   #228
ArturoC
51% Geek, 49% SuperHero

Bike(s):
'99 GSXR600
'04 NSR 50
'09 Yamaha WR250X
'07 Triumph 675

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPHINX View Post
you are interpreting the bible in a whole literal plane, I frankly don't think that's how the bible is supposed to be interpreted in the first place. Those events in the bible were an approximate description--exagerated--of an earthly phenomena that back then was previously known. Since they did not have a convenient explanation for it, the pragmatic ancient thinkers simply atributed to a divine entity.
perhaps the reason those events are not mentioned anywhere in history is because....well, they are magic and there is no wy to know if they were real or simply an illusion.

I don't interpret as literal anything. I'm just tossing that out there. If you read through these types of threads (they go back a ways) there are those that take it literally, and those that don't. For those that do, I pose the question.
CMRA [Prov Nov]ice #404
Old 11-16-2007, 02:43 PM   #229
ArturoC
51% Geek, 49% SuperHero

Bike(s):
'99 GSXR600
'04 NSR 50
'09 Yamaha WR250X
'07 Triumph 675

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by [poser] View Post
[they're even classified as histroy books of the bible] so its in that history book
History books of the bible? What do you mean?

It sounds like the same type of argument for Intelligent Design as science. This has already been thrown out of court. In order for ID to be considered science, you have to change the meaning of the word science. At that point, astrology becomes science as well.
CMRA [Prov Nov]ice #404
Old 11-16-2007, 02:44 PM   #230
ArturoC
51% Geek, 49% SuperHero

Bike(s):
'99 GSXR600
'04 NSR 50
'09 Yamaha WR250X
'07 Triumph 675

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faylaricia View Post
I haven't read this book yet but want to. What do you think about the DaVinci Code?

Fiction. Good read.
CMRA [Prov Nov]ice #404
Old 11-16-2007, 02:44 PM   #231
SPHINX
Ominous Misanthropia

Bike(s):
2006 ZX6R
2005 749S

that's how I've always thought about the bible. A fictional work product of some brilliant science fiction writer. However, somehow when they church got its hand on it, it decided to take it as a accurate description of our existence. I'm never been able to understand their reasoning...
Old 11-16-2007, 02:47 PM   #232
SPHINX
Ominous Misanthropia

Bike(s):
2006 ZX6R
2005 749S

Quote:
I don't interpret as literal anything. I'm just tossing that out there. If you read through these types of threads (they go back a ways) there are those that take it literally, and those that don't. For those that do, I pose the question.
sorry, I didn't realize when I made that post that you were on the side of the atheists.
Old 11-16-2007, 02:56 PM   #233
gixxerbill

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
K5 GSXR 1000
2008 Goldwing 1832 cc
Bourget Low Blow Chopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPHINX View Post
that's how I've always thought about the bible. A fictional work product of some brilliant science fiction writer. However, somehow when they church got its hand on it, it decided to take it as a accurate description of our existence. I'm never been able to understand their reasoning...
So you think one person wrote Bible huh? He wasn't just brilliant He was !
Old 11-16-2007, 03:03 PM   #234
ArturoC
51% Geek, 49% SuperHero

Bike(s):
'99 GSXR600
'04 NSR 50
'09 Yamaha WR250X
'07 Triumph 675

Member Garage

So, I was at the family gathering last year and sitting next to this women. She is the mother of a friend of mine that I hung out with in high school. Turns out we're related. lol

Anyway, after the lunch at La Hacienda, there was a discussion and status updates of this family matter. Out of nowhere, the lady next to me stands up, walks over to the PA system a few feet away and proceeds to tell us how just spoke to her and she had a feeling things were going to work out well etc.

Me: <looking at my sister with a blank stare>
Sister: <OMGWTFBBQ look> (she's not an atheist)

So either this lady had some bad beans, or your missed me by thissss much. I mean.. I was right there!!
CMRA [Prov Nov]ice #404
Old 11-16-2007, 03:07 PM   #235
gixxerbill

Bike(s):
K5 GSXR 1000
2008 Goldwing 1832 cc
Bourget Low Blow Chopper

Quote:
So, I was at the family gathering last year and sitting next to this women. She is the mother of a friend of mine that I hung out with in high school. Turns out we're related. lol

Anyway, after the lunch at La Hacienda, there was a discussion and status updates of this family matter. Out of nowhere, the lady next to me stands up, walks over to the PA system a few feet away and proceeds to tell us how just spoke to her and she had a feeling things were going to work out well etc.

Me: <looking at my sister with a blank stare>
Sister: <OMGWTFBBQ look> (she's not an atheist)

So either this lady had some bad beans, or your missed me by thissss much. I mean.. I was right there!!
You know the Devils favorite game is pretending he is . Also that is his biggest downfall and how he got kicked out of Heaven. Pride is a BIG sin.
Old 11-16-2007, 03:08 PM   #236
ArturoC
51% Geek, 49% SuperHero

Bike(s):
'99 GSXR600
'04 NSR 50
'09 Yamaha WR250X
'07 Triumph 675

Member Garage

Quote:
You know the Devils favorite game is pretending he is . Also that is his biggest downfall and how he got kicked out of Heaven. Pride is a BIG sin.

Your doesn't speak to you?
CMRA [Prov Nov]ice #404
Old 11-16-2007, 03:10 PM   #237
jetcycles
DRIVEN BY ANGER

Feedback Rating: (14)

Bike(s):
1950 Chevy Deluxe
1980 Honda CT70
1987 Kawasaki 650SX
1996 Honda Z50

Quote:
So you think one person wrote Bible huh? He wasn't just brilliant He was !
:/:

you mentioned a "lack of education" in response to a very educated post earlier, care to educate us with your educational level? most of the non-believers have some form of higher education, including myself. it is through education that we have chosen to beleive what we choose to believe based on scientific evidence. Educate yourself, that is if you can believe what has been proven through science
Old 11-16-2007, 03:13 PM   #238
gixxerbill

Bike(s):
K5 GSXR 1000
2008 Goldwing 1832 cc
Bourget Low Blow Chopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetcycles View Post
:/:

you mentioned a "lack of education" in response to a very educated post earlier, care to educate us with your educational level? most of the non-believers have some form of higher education, including myself. it is through education that we have chosen to beleive what we choose to believe based on scientific evidence. Educate yourself, that is if you can believe what has been proven through science
Bachelor of Science - Accounting. Bachelor of Hardknocks being in business for 17 years.
Old 11-16-2007, 03:14 PM   #239
ArturoC
51% Geek, 49% SuperHero

Bike(s):
'99 GSXR600
'04 NSR 50
'09 Yamaha WR250X
'07 Triumph 675

Member Garage

<-- Midvale School for the Gifted Graduate!!

Midvale thumb

:(
CMRA [Prov Nov]ice #404
Old 11-16-2007, 03:15 PM   #240
lilmckee
Not part of the wannbes

Quote:
<-- Midvale School for the Gifted Graduate!!

Midvale thumb

:(
hahahah gary larson!

where is mckee?
lilmckee is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement